Is it possible to have fun against deathslinger?

Every time I go up against a killer I never have any fun what so ever no matter how good or bad I played. Even if I escaped I didn't enjoy myself, it just feels like I'm always running (I run spine chill so I know when he's coming) and just hiding and gen rushing.

Then if he chases me I go down so quickly cause of his range, free zoning, and making it to where my choices don't matter and that isn't fun.

I either go down quickly or just be immersed and gen rush and neither one is fun at all

Is there a way to enjoy going up against a deathslinger?

Comments

  • @MigrantTheGreat said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1749822#Comment_1749822

    Gens! That's what I'm doing since these so called 'problematic killers' are the ones that I actually like facing because I can't just hold shift + W and press space to throw a pallet like 90% of the killer. I would rather deal with a killer that makes me actually use my brain rather than mindlessly looping

    Holdin m1 on a gen makes you use ur brain? Right...

  • @HommeBizarre said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1749830#Comment_1749830

    If you are entitled that much, just stop playing...

    YOU are the guy who want an easy game lol.

    Get Good

    If I want an easy game then why am i fine/enjoy vsing good nurses, huntress's, blights etc? Who are all way stronger than deathsligner.

    Also why did you have to pull the "entitled survivor/killer main card?"

  • What else do you want me to do? Be afk and screw the team over? Ok, sure!

    It's not like playing ring around the Rosie with the killer is using your brain!

  • @ZaKzan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1749816#Comment_1749816

    You loop a tile by either putting a wall between you and the deathslinger, or putting enough space between you two that when he hooks you, he cannot come around and hit you. If you force him to kick a pallet, you will gain enough distance to reliably dodge and juke his power. If you allow him to zone you in this situation, it is from poor choices on your end, not because he's strong.

    Facing deathslinger requires dynamic play, not the mindless pathing that you take against pretty much every other killer.

    If you don't like generators being the primary objective of survivors, then you shouldn't be playing survivor to begin with.

    Who plays survivor to hold m1? Who plays a game to hold m1? 90% of survivor mains play for the chases and when you have someone who kills that entire part of the game it gets incredibly boring.

    I would say less than 1 in 20 situations are you actually able to break the chain. Pretty much always when you've pulled a pallet straight away. Show me a way you can break chains more consistentyl i would genuinely be interested to see that.

    Forcing him to kick a pallet is bascially another word for throw pallets instantly and hold w away, that's not dynamic play.

  • @MigrantTheGreat said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1750976#Comment_1750976

    What else do you want me to do? Be afk and screw the team over? Ok, sure!

    It's not like playing ring around the Rosie with the killer is using your brain!

    How many loops and killers these days can you actually just run around in a circle? A really weak m1 killer at the couple of strong pallets on most maps? Looping these days requires strategy and skill because not only are the loops far less safe now, easily mindgameable for the killer, but if you throw every pallet straight away then you're screwed later on.

    Sure i might have agreed with this statement 2-3 years ago when loops were busted and that's all you needed to do, but not these days. Times are changing.

    Also do you have fun holding m1 on a gen?

  • @Withered8 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1750771#Comment_1750771

    If I want an easy game then why am i fine/enjoy vsing good nurses, huntress's, blights etc? Who are all way stronger than deathsligner.

    Also why did you have to pull the "entitled survivor/killer main card?"

    Cuz you are

  • Ok i can see you don't want to have a normal discussion so imma leave it there.

  • @OllieHellhunter said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1747873#Comment_1747873

    Please tell me how you spam with him considering the reload time, slowdown during reload,maximum length to shot, missed shot cool down or if you hit, reel time and weapon wipe.

    You assume I mean shooting. I'm talking about ADS to make you run around like a chicken, somewhat like what Spirit s do when standing still and all the time closing the gap. On Midwich and any long corridors it's fish in a barrel.

  • @Wesker09 said:

    Every time I go up against a killer I never have any fun what so ever no matter how good or bad I played. Even if I escaped I didn't enjoy myself, it just feels like I'm always running (I run spine chill so I know when he's coming) and just hiding and gen rushing.

    Then if he chases me I go down so quickly cause of his range, free zoning, and making it to where my choices don't matter and that isn't fun.

    I either go down quickly or just be immersed and gen rush and neither one is fun at all

    Is there a way to enjoy going up against a deathslinger?

    No, you can't. The term fun does not exist when it comes to a killer you basically rewards players with easy tunnels and camps just because he can yoink you back to him. So, yeah. There's your answer.

  • For me? Nah. I don't mind Stealth and all, and I'll play Stealth, but I feel like he's one of those Killers that's just super team dependent, more so then a lot of them. You have to spread pressure or you're screwed, and Solo Queue players seem to only like to stack up in one spot against the worst killers to do it.

    Add that in with the fact that a lot of Deathslingers I go against seem to have quite the thing for camping and tunneling, personally I don't have a way to say they're fun.

    (That isn't to say he's OP or anything, because I don't think he is, I just have a bad experience with Deathslingers and the ones I face.)

  • @Wesker09 said:

    Every time I go up against a killer I never have any fun what so ever no matter how good or bad I played. Even if I escaped I didn't enjoy myself, it just feels like I'm always running (I run spine chill so I know when he's coming) and just hiding and gen rushing.

    Then if he chases me I go down so quickly cause of his range, free zoning, and making it to where my choices don't matter and that isn't fun.

    I either go down quickly or just be immersed and gen rush and neither one is fun at all

    Is there a way to enjoy going up against a deathslinger?

    Yes

  • Killers aren't there for your amusement. They have one objective to hook and kill you. If deathslinger scares you to the point of running spine chill then that's a good thing.

  • Not possible to have fun against him. such a poorly designed killer.

  • @feechima said:

    No. There is no fun with spamslinger.

    I'm genuinely curious what makes Deathslinger "spammy?"

    I've only used him a few times and I've never went against him; as I don't play survivor very often.

  • Deathslinger is a great killer to be up against. Don't run in straight lines or predictably. You have to find the killer's weaknesses. Every killer has weaknesses, including Deathslinger.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    If you like stealth? Yes. If the Slinger isn't very good? Yes. Otherwise? Not so much, not unless you went into the trial in a meme headspace.

    this. good death slingers really show just how poorly designed he is. needs a rework asap

1 2 ›