Who would be DbD's 'Steve'

I'm talking about how Steve got announced for Smash Bros. and effectively broke twitter for awhile. Now, I don't think this game is nearly as popular as Smash Bros, and it probably never will be because Nintendo, but who would this games Steve be. A character that was so shocking and insane that it broke the community with excitement (or dislike).

For positive, in my opinion, it would probably be Jason. If a trailer ever started with that classic theme, I'm pretty sure people would lose their mind.

For negative, well, there's a very specific animatronic character that I won't say the name of because every time he's mentioned the post immediately becomes a cesspool of trolls.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • Don't know who Steve is. (I did know actually, thanks NomiNomad.)

    I don't know what would make 99% of the community excited, i just don't.

    I know i'd be excited to see some co-operation with FromSoftware for some Bloodborne creatures though.

  • @Boss said:

    Don't know who Steve is.

    I don't know what would make 99% of the community excited, i just don't.

    I know i'd be excited to see some co-operation with FromSoftware for some Bloodborne creatures though.

    The mascot for Minecraft. He got announced for Super Smash Brothers Ultimate and Twitter literally crashed because of it.

    If we somehow got a Bloodborne character in this game, I would never ask for anything again. That's true for any FromSoftware game.

  • Well seeing as I didn't know who the ######### "Steve" was, I googled it and it's ######### Minecraft.

    So I guess Steve is the character that jumps the shark, that goes too far towards #########, memey, and aimed at under 12 year olds.

    So I'd put my vote on FNaF.

  • Positive: Probably Chucky tbh. Obviously he's a very iconic character but many people in the past have said that a killer that small couldn't be done, but the Twins have shown otherwise.

    Negative: SpringTrap. I don't think I need to explain myself.

  • Ace Visconti...

    2

    What happened to the old Ace Visconti? He's still here, just there is also Ace Visconti 2. What's the difference? He has a two by the end of his name.

    I'm sure the universe will stop turning and focus its gaze on an Ace Visconti 2. A paragraph that costs a chapter and a half, that gets more sales than any chapter previously released (even more so than the Halloween or Stranger Things chapters).


    there is no /s, this is serious. I'd pay $10 for Ace Visconti 2.

  • uhhhhhh


    A chapter based on the song "Big Iron"

  • @NomiNomad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1746967#Comment_1746967

    The mascot for Minecraft. He got announced for Super Smash Brothers Ultimate and Twitter literally crashed because of it.

    If we somehow got a Bloodborne character in this game, I would never ask for anything again. That's true for any FromSoftware game.

    OH! Right, no i know him.

    I'm with you on liking anything from FromSoftware games to come in, but i said BB cause to me it's obviously more horror than the DS games.

    And i could hear the arguments of: "But that will make DS/BB enemies look so weak in DbD where they get stunned by Pallets!"

    And i'd be like: "Bruh, you can kick enemies in those games and most of them get pushed back. A heavy Pallet stunning them would be completely fine. In fact, they wouldn't be killable in DbD, technically making them more powerful."


    Oh, right, and a character many wouldn't like to see, right?

    Spongebob.

    I mean c'mon, there are many many many answers that work for this question.

  • @DoritoHead said:

    uhhhhhh

    A chapter based on the song "Big Iron"

    #########

    I've been listening to this song on repeat a ton today

    Who are you, how are you inside my head

  • @Boss said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1746971#Comment_1746971

    OH! Right, no i know him.

    I'm with you on liking anything from FromSoftware games to come in, but i said BB cause to me it's obviously more horror than the DS games.

    And i could hear the arguments of: "But that will make DS/BB enemies look so weak in DbD where they get stunned by Pallets!"

    And i'd be like: "Bruh, you can kick enemies in those games and most of them get pushed back. A heavy Pallet stunning them would be completely fine. In fact, they wouldn't be killable in DbD, technically making them more powerful."

    Oh, right, and a character many wouldn't like to see, right?

    Spongebob.

    I mean c'mon, there are many many many answers that work for this question.

    Despite not being a horror game, Bloodborne is one of the scariest games I've ever played.

    Nothing more intense than desperately trying to kill the Orphan with a smidgen of health left.

    And that's fair, I was just a bit curious.

  • @NomiNomad said:

    I'm talking about how Steve got announced for Smash Bros. and effectively broke twitter for awhile. Now, I don't think this game is nearly as popular as Smash Bros, and it probably never will be because Nintendo, but who would this games Steve be. A character that was so shocking and insane that it broke the community with excitement (or dislike).

    For positive, in my opinion, it would probably be Jason. If a trailer ever started with that classic theme, I'm pretty sure people would lose their mind.

    For negative, well, there's a very specific animatronic character that I won't say the name of because every time he's mentioned the post immediately becomes a cesspool of trolls.

    If we are talking about an unrealistic addition that would be super unexpected then i think maybe a character from JoJos Bizarre Adventure.

    Just imagine if we would get Jotaro and Dio.

  • @NomiNomad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1746986#Comment_1746986

    Despite not being a horror game, Bloodborne is one of the scariest games I've ever played.

    Nothing more intense than desperately trying to kill the Orphan with a smidgen of health left.

    And that's fair, I was just a bit curious.

    So you like BB too, huh?

    Quick: Favorite boss?! (And no, you can't choose me.😉)

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1746967#Comment_1746967

    Damn Bloodborne chapter would be insane. Father Gascoigne would make a really good killer imo.

    Having a gun would be kinda odd cause we have Deathslinger, but not too odd since Hillbilly & Cannibal both have Chainsaws.

    Also, you'd most likely be able to transform into his Beast form.

    Or maybe it's a no-return transformation: Once you activate Beast mode, you would gain Beast advantages but also lose some advantages from your base form, like the gun.

    That'd be a cool concept to me.

  • I think Jason is pretty much expected (once the lawsuit is over of course) so he wouldn’t be really shocking.


    I would say it’s Alien.

    it’s a super well known horror icon, but not in the slasher genre. Many people think it’s too powerful and don’t expect it or they think it’s. It possible because of license owner. Then we have the whole new genre that is sci-fi horror that would be kind of new for DbD (well Stranger Things goes in the direction, but that’s different dimension and not space and all..)

  • @Boss said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1746991#Comment_1746991

    So you like BB too, huh?

    Quick: Favorite boss?! (And no, you can't choose me.😉)

    BB is probably my favorite game of all time, I adore it.

    Oh! Uh... I really, really enjoy Gehrman's and Ludwig's boss fights. They're both amazing. I'm also partial to Martyr Logarius.

    Micolash can go stuff those eyes where the sun don't shine.

    "My guiding moonlight..."

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1746967#Comment_1746967

    Damn Bloodborne chapter would be insane. Father Gascoigne would make a really good killer imo.

    Imagine the music tho.

    "Beasts all over the shop. You'll be one of them sooner or later."

  • @NomiNomad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1746999#Comment_1746999

    BB is probably my favorite game of all time, I adore it.

    Oh! Uh... I really, really enjoy Gehrman's and Ludwig's boss fights. They're both amazing. I'm also partial to Martyr Logarius.

    Micolash can go stuff those eyes where the sun don't shine.

    "My guiding moonlight..."

    Good picks, Logarius is a peculiar pick, don't hear that one often. (Still a good pick though, that soundtrack has a horrifying transition from phase 1 to 2.)

    Mine is Father Gascoigne.

    I like to see him as your test of the game: He has the same gear as you, uses the same tactics as you (mostly), so if you get beat by him, it means you need to up your basics.

    It's only too bad that he gets destroyed by Fire & Tiny Music Box, but not using those puts him at the top for me, cause i also love his soundtrack the most.

  • Probably something out of Courage the Cowardly Dog. It was a horror cartoon (well, horror-comedy), so it's technically in the right genre to be DbD-eligible. Plus some of the villains from that show got the most terrifying over-detailing that I've ever seen.

    Like my boy Freaky Fred here (it's from a fan re-animated episode though).

    Screen Shot 2020-11-12 at 8.06.50 PM.png


  • @Boss said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1747006#Comment_1747006

    Good picks, Logarius is a peculiar pick, don't hear that one often. (Still a good pick though, that soundtrack has a horrifying transition from phase 1 to 2.)

    Mine is Father Gascoigne.

    I like to see him as your test of the game: He has the same gear as you, uses the same tactics as you (mostly), so if you get beat by him, it means you need to up your basics.

    It's only too bad that he gets destroyed by Fire & Tiny Music Box, but not using those puts him at the top for me, cause i also love his soundtrack the most.

    It's probably because I really like Cainhurst Castle's aesthetic. It's much different compared to everything else in BB, and probably my favorite area aside from maybe the Hamlet.

    Gascoigne is definitely up there. BB was the first Souls game I ever played, and he was by far the most difficult thing in those early days. His lore is also one of my favorite parts of the early game. Just how sad it is. It's what sold me on From's worldbuilding.

    I honestly believe Bloodborne as one of the best OST's in all of gaming. Every theme is fantastic.

  • I think there are several.

    Jason, anything from a Soulsborne game, The Predator, Alien, The Terminator ect ect

  • Steve Harrington of course.

  • @NomiNomad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1747017#Comment_1747017

    It's probably because I really like Cainhurst Castle's aesthetic. It's much different compared to everything else in BB, and probably my favorite area aside from maybe the Hamlet.

    Gascoigne is definitely up there. BB was the first Souls game I ever played, and he was by far the most difficult thing in those early days. His lore is also one of my favorite parts of the early game. Just how sad it is. It's what sold me on From's worldbuilding.

    I honestly believe Bloodborne as one of the best OST's in all of gaming. Every theme is fantastic.

    Would've loved to talk some more about it, but i'm a good boi, i no break rules...too much.

  • @Zayn said:

    Steve Harrington of course.

    That's what came into my mind as well.


    I feel like Minecraft Steve is a trendy thing popular with children and amounted to a lot of attention tho it conflicts to the game it was added to. Among Us Imposter. Would look weird, not make sense, but it'd cause a lot of attention. Like Steve.

  • @DoritoHead said:

    uhhhhhh

    A chapter based on the song "Big Iron"

    Texas Red killer

  • If it is along the lines of someone that people ask for but don't really expect then I would say the FNAFimatronics.

    If you are referring to the die hard people who always asked for steve unironically and held out hope against hope he would be in.... then I would say an equivalent would be Candyman. He has a hardcore group that wants him in but knows that it is a long shot. Jason is more of a shortshot since his game is literally shot. Candyman would be that out of left field BWAAAAAAH character imo and I would love it!

  • @CheeseAnton said:

    Ace Visconti...

    2

    What happened to the old Ace Visconti? He's still here, just there is also Ace Visconti 2. What's the difference? He has a two by the end of his name.

    I'm sure the universe will stop turning and focus its gaze on an Ace Visconti 2. A paragraph that costs a chapter and a half, that gets more sales than any chapter previously released (even more so than the Halloween or Stranger Things chapters).

    there is no /s, this is serious. I'd pay $10 for Ace Visconti 2.

    make the dlc in the same format as stranger things, 2 survs and a killer, all Ace Viscontis

  • @OllieHellhunter said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1746981#Comment_1746981

    make the dlc in the same format as stranger things, 2 survs and a killer, all Ace Viscontis

    Omg, yes.

    Survivors would be Ace Visconti 2, and Female Ace Visconti. Killer could be The Gambler. And it either has a Casino map or just a T-Posing laying down Ace Visconti.

  • @DoritoHead said:

    Killer: Texas Red

    Height: Average

    Speed: 110%

    TR: 32 meters (TR music is "Big Iron" by Marty Robbins)

    Power: Big Iron

    Tap the Power Button to aim the Big Iron. Pressing the Active Ability button will shoot the Big Iron. If the Big Iron's bullet hits a survivor, the survivor instantly becomes injured and A bar will appear under the survivor's name. this is called the Health Bar. It will take 4 of the Big Iron's 6 shots to completely drain the Health Bar. When the Health Bar is drained, the survivor will be downed. A headshot will drain double the amount of the Health Bar and inflict the Mangled status effect. Keep in mind that the Health Bar will not go down by itself, and will be reset once the survivor is put on a hook. Big Iron has a range of 40 meters. It's also hitscan up to 32 meters. Past that, it will not hit its target instantly. After the Big Iron runs out of shots, Texas Red will have to reload. He retains his movement speed while completing this 5 second animation. Texas Red can cancel the reload at any time to continue on with only the amount of shots that have already been loaded.

    "The stranger there among them had a big iron on his hip"

    Secondary Ability: quickdraw

    Hold the Power Button to start charging Quickdraw. This will take 1.7 seconds. After Quickdraw is fully charged, Texas Red can pull out his Big Iron and shoot a flurry of 6 shots by letting go of the Power Button. These shots will do the same amount of damage as normal but will only travel for 12 meters before they disappear. Texas Red moves at only 92% movement speed while charging Quickdraw.

    "20 men had tried to take him and that many men were dead"

    PERKS:

    Outlaw:

    Those who try to take you will fall.

    Every time you land a Basic Attack, gain a token. Each time you get pallet stunned, one token is spent and the survivor who stunned you will get a deep wound that they will have 30/29/27 seconds to mend.

    "They knew the handsome ranger was about to meet his death"

    Vendetta:

    You do not begin the trial with an obsession. However, the first survivor that you gain Bloodlust on becomes your obsession. Each time you enter a chase with your obsession, your speed is increased by 3/4/5 percent as long as you remain in the chase. After the obsession is hooked twice, you must look for a new one to continue receiving this perk's benefit. This perk cannot effect more than two obsessions in a match.

    "20 men had tried to take him, 20 men had made a slip"

    Hex: Oath of the Gunslinger

    When you sacrifice a survivor for the first time in the trial, a random dull totem will become a Hex Totem. As long as the totem stands, all survivors who had unhooked the now sacrificed survivor suffer from the Exhausted and Hemorrhage/Blindness/Oblivious status effects. If they're injured or at any point become injured, they will also suffer from the Broken Status effect. If nobody unhooked the survivor/they only unhooked themselves, all survivors will suffer from the Exposed status effect.

    "The notches on his pistol numbered one and nineteen more"

    (Note: to prevent this perk from rewarding camping, after hooking the survivor there will be a 5 second window during which the killer must go at least 32 meters away from the hook. If the survivor gets sacrificed on said hook and this condition is met, the hex will activate. Additionally, if the killer enters a 16 meter radius of the hooked survivor, a sacrifice won't activate the hex. A survivor that unhooked the sacrificed survivor while within 16 meters of the killer will not be effected by the hex.)

    I got you covered.

  • Id say a character from amazon prime’s ‘the boys’mprobably homelander and billy butcher

  • If I saw that Outlast would be a chapter in dbd, I would be so happy



    but if anything, probably Chucky or Jason would cause that to happen again

  • Probably Jason or a FNaF chapter

  • honestly, i think Michael Myers achieved that already.

    i still remember when he dropped, it ment a lot to everyone who played back then.

  • DC's Joker. Starring Mark Hamill.

  • Now I'm 100% sure this is never gonna happen but I WOULD die for a Phantom of the Paradise chapter, with a Phantom killer and a Phoenix survivor. Hell even make The Paradise a map

  • Jason, Pennywise, or Pinhead. Without a doubt.

  • @NomiNomad said:

    I'm talking about how Steve got announced for Smash Bros. and effectively broke twitter for awhile. Now, I don't think this game is nearly as popular as Smash Bros, and it probably never will be because Nintendo, but who would this games Steve be. A character that was so shocking and insane that it broke the community with excitement (or dislike).

    For positive, in my opinion, it would probably be Jason. If a trailer ever started with that classic theme, I'm pretty sure people would lose their mind.

    For negative, well, there's a very specific animatronic character that I won't say the name of because every time he's mentioned the post immediately becomes a cesspool of trolls.

    FNAF.

    There is such a big divide between the players that want FNAF in this game, and the players that don't. Literally the community would explode in a civil war that will take the nation by storm.

  • Supernatural would cause quite an influx of users, their fans are die hard. Jason would be penultimate though for the horror genre. Stephen King also has such a huge fanbase spanning decades, so I'm sure that would draw a lot of attention.

    Stranger Things was a big one for this game already. There's a lot of players who learned about it from that release.