How come Dead by Daylight mobile has AI but not normal DBD? Are there plans for it?
I have to say, I am impressed with how good AI is on mobile. Yes, of course there are a bunch of bugs with it, but for the most part it is still very good and I would not mind if this feature was brought into normal DBD at all.
Is there any news on this?
As for the skill of the AI, it is better than the average solo queue teammate.
Tagged:
Trusted
Comments
I don't think anything concrete has been said on beside it being on the board but lord I hope they add AI. The moment they do will also be the moment they can add practice mode. It'll be a wonderful time.
Huh? "Impressed"? You're not playing the same version of DbD mobile as I am.
They are frightened to death the moment they get heartbeat (to the point they will let hooked teammates go second stage); fail almost every skill check they get; and simply meander around not sure what they should really prioritize.
I'll take my chances alone not having my location revealed and actions set back.
I would rather they work on the reasons for needing AI than the AI itself.
Sounds like solo-q teammates to be fair, I'm impressed at the accuracy.
The bots are inconsistent. I play mobile too. Yes they're a bright spot it's better to have a bot take the place instead of no one if they DC. Though they can be improved. Mobile's highlight of course still is practice mode.
Wanting to play KYF with less than 5 humans is a pretty big reason for me, personally.
God I hope they add them, it would go a long way towards reducing the penalty for the rest of the people in the match. That way people won't be robbed of bloodpoints when the killer DC's or if a survivor DC's.
The reason they have them and the rest don't is simply cause they're different teams.
As for the rest getting AI: Who knows.
What I mean by that is they are better than the average inexperienced survivor. Never have I seen them underperforming constantly btw. And wouldn't you agree that it would be much better than a teammate who DC's and leaves you for dead? Especially at the start, if someone rage quits then the whole game is ruined for both sides. Even a badly controlled AI could do better than a rank 21 dwight.
They stated a while ago they have no plans bringing the bots to the non-mobile Version. But there have been some code leaks suggesting otherwise.
so.. maybe some day but I wouldn’t count on it for the next chapters, maybe they will talk about it in the 5th year anniversary stream
Good to know
I would rather not have AI in normal games cause i rlly dont want boring m1/w games.
I guess they are used in case of DCs and not to fill normal lobby’s. Since DCs are way more likely on mobile, it’s a good call to have them implemented there.
DC's happen all the time on PC though as well lol, DBD should definitely have them for Disconnecting players for sure. As well as a sign showing everyone who is a bot.
I agree. Totally. But the infrastructure of mobile just happens to make unintentional DCs way more common there than on PC or consoles. That was their reasoning to not have bots as high priority for those versions when asked in a Q&A I think.
Ok well that makes sense, but I still think that they should do something on PC other than DC penalties. DC penalties are good, but there needs to be something else to further reduce the impact of a DC.
imo not only that but should have the possibility to comeback if u lost conection.
Yeah that would be cool, but we should think about this just in case people can abuse this. Like a toxic SWF pulling their plug on purpose to join back later. I am not sure how this could be abused, but we should definitely make sure it can't be. But yeah, this seems convenient.