Is Pyramid head fun to face now?

Pyramid head was widely regarded as being one of, if not, the most boring killer in the game to face. I’m wondering if that has changed for people after his rework of sorts.

Comments

  • It has aways been fun to face him, I love his terror radius music and it's exciting to dodge his punishment of the dammed.

  • He can do the same things as before, just slightly tweaked. I don't see a difference in the fun/unfun factor because he's essentially the same killer, even a little buffed actually.

  • @Bwsted said:

    He can do the same things as before, just slightly tweaked. I don't see a difference in the fun/unfun factor because he's essentially the same killer, even a little buffed actually.

    It’s much harder to force the lose/lose situation all the time now though, right?

  • @RoboMojo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1737598#Comment_1737598

    It’s much harder to force the lose/lose situation all the time now though, right?

    Only marginally. You can still do it even at short pallets. The community had a knee-jerk reaction to the changes.

  • It was always fun to face him. I loved him since he came out.

  • He was fun to play against before any changes.

  • Hes the same as before

  • Very little has changed.

    Punishment is slightly less boring, but not by much, and Torment/Trails are still such a badly designed mechanic that you can basically ignore them if you don't use DS.

  • Trying to dodge POTD wave is way more fun now that PH players have more incentive to use it.

  • I don't know if it is fun to face or not, but now with the sound bug pyramid head currently has, it's definitely not fun to use it. Having that grinding deafening sound all the time drilling your ears..... But hey! We have a new killer!! WIth bugs of its own!!

  • I've always found him fun to play against tbh.

  • always has been tf? only the babies say he's "boring"

  • Not really seeing a big difference. I liked him since release and that hasn't changed.

  • Never has been fun to face him. And right now it's worse than ever because of the decreased cooldown that the devs slapped on POD, which was supposed to "incentivize" PH players to go for riskier shots, but it's important to note: "incentivize" doesn't mean #########.

    PH players still go for the easiest and simplest shots, the ones where survivors can't dodge because they're locked in animation because they're vaulting a window, pallet, or in the process of dropping a pallet. The only means of defense for a survivor, and the problem is still has beens solved or meaningfully changed in any way of "Vault under threat of M1" so either you get downed normally if you choose not to vault or you get downed because you chose to vault. It's dumb either way, and I don't see how you could have any fun when this is something you're actively aware of.

    I continue to maintain that Pyramid Head and Plague are currently the most fundamentally flawed and poorly designed killers of the game on a very basic level. note the key choice of words "poorly designed" not "poorly balanced" these mean two very different things, and the former can and often does affect the latter, but not so much the other way around. Other killers might have balance issues, but these are the only two I feel who's issues lie mainly if not purely in them being unenjoyable to see in a match.

  • Pyramid Head is less fun to face now than before.

  • He always was fun to face.

  • He was always fun for me to face, he made me have to start thinking to counter him and to me, I love having to mindgame a killer back

  • @TG_Cid_Orlandu said:

    I don't know if it is fun to face or not, but now with the sound bug pyramid head currently has, it's definitely not fun to use it. Having that grinding deafening sound all the time drilling your ears..... But hey! We have a new killer!! WIth bugs of its own!!

    You can actually cancel out the bug by simply tapping the power button. You don’t even have to drag the sword, simply tapping the button is all it takes. It’s not really that big of a deal.

  • I've no idea why he could be considered boring, since he is much more of a threat, unless by "boring" they mean "too hard". Pyramid Head is certainly one of the most interesting killers to face, with a variety of tactics and ways of playing. He's also, along with Myers, the couple of killers I feel are most daunting to face.

  • I always liked facing him.

  • @RoboMojo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1742833#Comment_1742833

    You can actually cancel out the bug by simply tapping the power button. You don’t even have to drag the sword, simply tapping the button is all it takes. It’s not really that big of a deal.

    It's the same bug of the chainsaw... I know it goes away if you tap it, but doing that in chase cost you time... so it IS a big deal.

  • Honestly, it depends. He can be fun if you're going against him occasionally but you will easily tire of him if you go against him too often.

  • @TG_Cid_Orlandu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1745578#Comment_1745578

    It's the same bug of the chainsaw... I know it goes away if you tap it, but doing that in chase cost you time... so it IS a big deal.

    It costs like half a second. You’re playing a killer with one of the strongest anti-loop abilities in the game (*when used well*) you can probably afford to just tap the button and continue on with the chase, lol. The sound bug for Leatherface back then was a bigger deal because pre rework Leatherface sucked. I’m not saying that the bug is a complete non issue, we shouldn’t have to deal with irritating sound bugs like that. I’m just saying that for ol’ Pp head it’s not really a big deal unless you’re really struggling with his power.

  • It's improved, but they didn't address how good he is at tunneling people out of the game.

  • Would have to actually face him every now and then to be able to tell you, but in Brazilian servers he's one of the most infrequent killers to play against.