If you Tunnel, you suck, if you use DS, you suck (not sucking at the game, but it's just sad),
Honestly. If you need to depend on both of these so called "techniques" to win a game, you aren't a good killer and you aren't giving both sides a good game, instead a boring and enraging game. You don't suck at the game but you suck individually in the game, if you feel like you have to do so. Why DS? The killers are doing their objective, and they can't do much about it. No I'm not a killer main and no do I use DS.
I use Plunderers Instinct, Balance Landing, SC and Ace in the hole. Let me say, you can do this if you want, but it is incredibly annoying, and you should maybe think in the survivors shoes and also the killers.
Comments
I play both sides and I won't say people suck for tunneling or using DS. Sometimes tunneling happens by chance. The killer happened to find you again. Or they might have a perk, like Dying Light, that makes you more of a target. Or they're playing tactically to get rid of one person as fast as possible. Why would they go for a different survivor if going after you is smarter? As for DS, it's another tool at the survivor's disposal. I consider it too OP, but that isn't the survivor's fault. In my opinion, saying somebody sucks for using the tools given to them or playing smart is going overboard.
I think you need to lower your sodium intake.
Half of the time, they are just not camping but looking behind them at a distance, which let's them tunnel. They don't suck at the game for it, remember what I said? I say they suck that they do it and that it's used over and over again and it ruins the fun for people.
Haha, funny. Nah, lol.
Neither tunneling or DS make me mad as surv or killer. Tunneling is a tactic, a smart one often, and IMO the survs responsibility to stop/prevent. both as surv and killer ive seen someone pull someone off the hook while killers close OR watched as one pulls off the hook and then crouch walks away while the unhooked sprints. When killer gets there he sees tracks and... well follows them to find the same person that was already hooked. Happens all the time. I chase before even realizing im going after the same person.
Only times the above is okay is if the savior has borrowed time for the unhooked.
And yeah sometimes you just find the same person again and that sucks for them... but i mean what're you supposed to do? pretend you didnt see em and saunter on off?
That'd be stupid especially on some of the weaker killers who cant down from full healed state. as a hillbilly or chainsaw, tunneling is rarely warrented or needed cause you can insta down others, but for two hit killers weakest link is the best way to take down the survs.
As a killer Im always very impressed when a surv body blocks for the person they took of the hook, and even more so if after they get away from me as i turn towards them with a dead hard. (sprint burst is just as effective but well not impressed cause takes no skill) and... as weird as this sounds i reward them by going after them instead of their friend (even tho the with the burst of speed from being injured normally means the friend is actually still closer and easier to catch after the hit recovery)
And DS? Yeah its annoying adding a little bit more to a chase, especially if someones looping and T-bagging, but you know what? they sacrificed some other skill to gain the extra time for their team it provides and in the end it doesnt bother me too much.
Only time DS is annoying is if I find out all 4 survs have it. If thats ever the case then yes... I tunnel the next one I find HARD. because at that point so much time has passed you have to take someone out or its a guaranteed lose if you arent one of the big 3 killers.
Also... can you save DS? I thought it had to be used the first time you get grabbed?
The skill check still shows up when you are picked up, but if you do not attempt the skill check, and let the meter go full circle, it will save it for the next time you are picked up, since you did not use it. DS becomes inactive when the skill check is attempted, whether inside the success zone or after. When I had DS to level up Laurie, I always saved it for the final hook.
I play both sides and accept both tunneling and looping as part of the game.
But I'm old and grew up before teachers starting passing out participation ribbons to all the kids for "having a fun game". I expect my opponent to do everything in their power to destroy me.
No quarter asked, none given.
Frankly, all these silly rules need to be tossed in the rubbish heap with all those participation trophies.
@CoolAKn Thanks for this info! if I ever get the perk I'll probably save it for the final hook too.
If you find a generator that's been partially repaired, do you try to fix that one or do you try to find one that's at 0%? If you couldn't find one at 0%, would you then go for the generator that will take the longest amount of time to repair? "Tunneling" is just plain common sense - you go for the weakest link.
DS, while annoying, is still a perk. It rewards Survivors for failure, making it a crutch perk like their entire stale meta, but it's a perk, it's there to be used. Don't chastise bad Survivors for needing crutch perks; we all need crutches when we're bad at the game.
I know what you said and I still disagree. They still don't suck as people for playing tactically. Isn't it ruining their fun if they're insulted for playing smart and pressured to go easy on their opponent? It's kind of a non-argument since saying something is 'unfun' can be applied to many things. Being camped isn't fun, having your totem destroyed at the beginning of a match isn't fun, getting blinded isn't fun. Does the other side suck because they're ruining my fun? Unless they're going out of their way to spite me, then no. A lot of it is me needing to get better at the game or imbalance, which isn't the player's fault.
Then who are you to tell a killer main he sucks for tunneling? I bet you're the same guy who unhooks a survivor right in front of a killer then QQs about "tunneling" at the end of the game.
I'm with you Roach. Throw out all the stupid made up rules and play the game. It is, after all, a competitive game.
No one uses the proper definition of tunneling whenever I talk to them.
So what is your definition?
In the context of the game, I see tunneling as focusing on one person in the current scenario. As many people have pointed out, in most instances, going after the survivor that was just unhooked is the logical decision, even though it sucks for the person being tunneled. Most of the killer obsession perks encourage tunneling depending on the perk used (either tunneling the obsession or leaving them alone). Tunneling is situational, so in these instances, tunneling is not the same as griefing (though a lot of people may see it as one in the same). Griefing would be targeting a player (whether killer of survivor) for the purpose of ruining their experience (extra-malicious intent). Griefing is toxic, but hard to prove, whereas tunneling is not toxic behavior.
I may not like people who use particular perks or who implement specific tactics but they are in the game and they are trying to win. Like it or not I'll deal with it like an adult and move on.
Accidentally example: a survivor who was on his last hook and injured, crossed my path 3 times while I searched for the MYC exposed survivor. Couldn't find that survivor, so I took the injured one.
or in my case tea bagging going out there way to hit with pallet's even springing round a corner and ledge just to do it or repeated flishlighting
Stunning is NEVER a dick move. Flashlighting is only bad if it’s repeadtly spam clicking it just to bother you. Blinding at pallets or saving people obviously has its strategic uses
This isn’t s dick move, but gives me a FREAKIN HARD ATTACK: just walking along, chasing no one, only to get your soul crushed by a jump scare pallet. Or getting jump scared cuz a Dwight trying to chill with your hatchets
No, not at all. Nice assuming though! I usually Gen rush by myself and once I finish I try to head out to get the guy that is on the hook. If the beat is there, I give up and I go another time. Tunneling is fine late game, but if it's going to be at the start, you are ruining the fun.