Gens continue to go by too quickly and no real fix in sight
Seems like a easy fix but still nothing is done. Who knows why.
Survivor: Take Ruin!
Any Killer worth their salt knows the average life expectancy of Ruin is somewhere between 3-30 seconds because Totem's are terribly hidden and in Red Rank? Ruin barely does anything.
Comments
Increase the rate at which gens regress to 50% progression speed (currently 25%) and have a 10% regression penalty when you kick a gen by default (like a baby Pop Goes The Weasel). Then put an upper limit to the max progression speed you can have (40 seconds should be the fastest a gen could ever be completed). That would slow the game down enough to the point it's not necessary to add new mechanics/objectives.
So what is your suggestion? The worst part of any trial is sitting and pressing space bar. I don't think increasing the time it takes will help at all, let alone it is boring to do that to survivors.
You could mix it up so that other buttons are used rather than just space bar so it mixes it up a bit. You could also add different objectives, but please don't just add repair time because people think it goes too quick.
And @ZombieGenesis , I completely disagree with doing gens being a boring task. You have to be constantly alert: is someone hit? Do I hear a heartbeat? That hooked guy over there, should I go for the save or keep repairing? I say it's far from "doing nothing".
This. I've had Survivors repair a generator right next to me while I was carrying one of them to the hook, because they know I can't do anything about it. Dropping the one I'm carrying takes too long, I can't hit them or they'll wiggle out, and with so many LOS blockers (Pale Rose map), they'd be gone by the time I actually hooked the one I had. It's yet another feature that puts the power in the Survivors' hands.
Ironically the game is more fun on low ranks. When survivors don´t really know what to do. I die way more often on low ranks than on high ranks. But it´s more fun. Since the game isn´t over in 4 minutes.
That was rank 15.
We just had a rank reset. The first week after rank reset is still mixed up with high ranks.
Or they deranked. Anyway, the Spirit's "counter" is quite simple: jungle gyms and always sprinting. She can't catch what she can't see, and she can't mind game people who know exactly when she's using her power.
You need to learn how to pressure survivors.
Same, I don't want to sit there holding m1 for 80 seconds or so repeatedly and yawning while I wait for terror radius or premo to go off.
I just had 1st match on Rin's map and man that was scary and against a Rin. That was really terrifying partially doing to never having played it before.
But the devs have talked about adding things so it's not so boring and gen rush isn't such a big deal anymore, but hopefully they'll change the maps more and add in more stealthy style options.
Lol @ZombieGenesis , I guess it has to do with me just being too old for games. I really just wanna be left alone to do my generators and get out. Nothing of that being chased s@@t , it always ends bad for me anyways.
Lol yeah exactly. I think we need more diversity. Aside from survivors aged 80+, I always wanted an extremely obese one - perhaps one with a scooter? And one with Down syndrome.
There's no real secondary objectives, and certain killers force me to rush generators outright, whereas I have some more freedom to try and cleanse totems against others. The latest killer is like a cooler version of Wraith, but goes to highlight the problems with the game design.
Map size can't be adjusted because mobility on Hillbilly is busted, and he's a busted killer in general. Maps are already edging towards a compression, with The Game and a few other small maps in general. Smaller maps give everyone an advantage, but also make fixed-ranged killer mechanics far stronger, such as The Doctor.
The game needs systemic change, not just something to generator times.