Best DS change that’s fair

I have come up with a idea of how to fix DS without making it bad and making it fair for both sides here’s how I would change it.

After being unhooked or unhooking yourself, Decisive strike will become activated. While Decisive strike is active, when grabbed by the killer, succeed a skill check to automatically escape the killers grasp and stun the killer for 3/4/5 seconds.

. Succeeding the skillcheck will disable Decisive strike.

. Stunning the killer with this perk will make you the obsession.

. Decisive strike deactivates when the killer hooks another survivor.

so that’s my change I got rid of all it’s problems and made it so much better it doesn’t have a time limit anymore and the killer can deactivate the perk by not tunneling. Thoughts?

Comments

  • Or...dont tunnel? Really its not that hard.

    DS used to work after being downed, THE FIRST DOWN, nothing to do with hooks. It was ALREADY NERFED. Stop moaning for once. Stop tunneling and you want experience it. Simple.

  • @Zarr0ch said:

    Or...dont tunnel? Really its not that hard.

    DS used to work after being downed, THE FIRST DOWN, nothing to do with hooks. It was ALREADY NERFED. Stop moaning for once. Stop tunneling and you want experience it. Simple.

    Woah dude calm down, that’s not the problem the problem with DS was it was basically a immunity perk you get unhooked and the killer couldn’t touch you without getting stunned. Even if you slugged to wait out the duration you could just bring unbreakable and get back up. Also I made perk unlimited duration so you don’t have to run unbreakable to combo anymore.

  • It's fine how it is. Dont tunnel, it's timer runs out. No issue.

    It really isnt that difficult

  • @Chilli_man2400 said:

    I have come up with a idea of how to fix DS without making it bad and making it fair for both sides here’s how I would change it.

    After being unhooked or unhooking yourself, Decisive strike will become activated. While Decisive strike is active, when grabbed by the killer, succeed a skill check to automatically escape the killers grasp and stun the killer for 3/4/5 seconds.

    . Succeeding the skillcheck will disable Decisive strike.

    . Stunning the killer with this perk will make you the obsession.

    . Decisive strike deactivates when the killer hooks another survivor.

    so that’s my change I got rid of all it’s problems and made it so much better it doesn’t have a time limit anymore and the killer can deactivate the perk by not tunneling. Thoughts?

    The issue with that is the killer can still tunnel, somewhat. If you get farmed off-hook, and the killer manages to down someone else (Maybe like Bubba for example), they can just hook that other person than hook you immediately.

    I always thought DS should work like this.

    DS now has a timer of 30 seconds. If you are being chased, or are downed within that 30 seconds the timer pauses. If you are picked up during this time, hitting a skillcheck with stun the killer for four seconds. This perk immediately deactivates when you are fully healed, if you start repairing a generator, heal another survivor, or cleanse a totem.

    This way, it's an actual anti-tunnel perk.

  • @Chilli_man2400 said:

    I have come up with a idea of how to fix DS without making it bad and making it fair for both sides here’s how I would change it.

    After being unhooked or unhooking yourself, Decisive strike will become activated. While Decisive strike is active, when grabbed by the killer, succeed a skill check to automatically escape the killers grasp and stun the killer for 3/4/5 seconds.

    . Succeeding the skillcheck will disable Decisive strike.

    . Stunning the killer with this perk will make you the obsession.

    . Decisive strike deactivates when the killer hooks another survivor.

    so that’s my change I got rid of all it’s problems and made it so much better it doesn’t have a time limit anymore and the killer can deactivate the perk by not tunneling. Thoughts?

    No going to lie but disabling a perk because someone got hooked, doesn’t make sense. I agree with OP, it was nerfed already and doesn’t need another nerf.

  • @BabyCameron10 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/202894/best-ds-change-that-s-fair

    No going to lie but disabling a perk because someone got hooked, doesn’t make sense. I agree with OP, it was nerfed already and doesn’t need another nerf.

    Can you please explain. The reason I added that was to make the perk a anti tunnel perk so the killer is forced to either go after another survivor or take the stun.

  • @Zarr0ch said:

    Or...dont tunnel? Really its not that hard.

    DS used to work after being downed, THE FIRST DOWN, nothing to do with hooks. It was ALREADY NERFED. Stop moaning for once. Stop tunneling and you want experience it. Simple.

    If you think it's a tunneling issue, then you haven't seen how it's used in high ranks. Especially when you pair it with Unbreakable. It's 60 seconds of hook immunity, you can do a lot in that amount of time, and the killer can only slug. Which is negated with Unbreakable.

  • @NomiNomad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/202894/best-ds-change-that-s-fair

    The issue with that is the killer can still tunnel, somewhat. If you get farmed off-hook, and the killer manages to down someone else (Maybe like Bubba for example), they can just hook that other person than hook you immediately.

    I always thought DS should work like this.

    DS now has a timer of 30 seconds. If you are being chased, or are downed within that 30 seconds the timer pauses. If you are picked up during this time, hitting a skillcheck with stun the killer for four seconds. This perk immediately deactivates when you are fully healed, if you start repairing a generator, heal another survivor, or cleanse a totem.

    This way, it's an actual anti-tunnel perk.

    i agree but people can still do the locker tech and force you to get stunned I like the idea of pausing the timer but why not just make it unlimited duration just to save up slots?

  • @NomiNomad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/202894/best-ds-change-that-s-fair

    The issue with that is the killer can still tunnel, somewhat. If you get farmed off-hook, and the killer manages to down someone else (Maybe like Bubba for example), they can just hook that other person than hook you immediately.

    I always thought DS should work like this.

    DS now has a timer of 30 seconds. If you are being chased, or are downed within that 30 seconds the timer pauses. If you are picked up during this time, hitting a skillcheck with stun the killer for four seconds. This perk immediately deactivates when you are fully healed, if you start repairing a generator, heal another survivor, or cleanse a totem.

    This way, it's an actual anti-tunnel perk.

    Not many people seem to be aware of this but there is another problem with the perk. Its not a good anti tunnel perk. There have been many times when I have used DS and stunned the killer but they continued to tunnel me. Its not a good deterrence to killers that has their mind set on killing their target.

  • @Chilli_man2400 said:

    I have come up with a idea of how to fix DS without making it bad and making it fair for both sides here’s how I would change it.

    After being unhooked or unhooking yourself, Decisive strike will become activated. While Decisive strike is active, when grabbed by the killer, succeed a skill check to automatically escape the killers grasp and stun the killer for 3/4/5 seconds.

    . Succeeding the skillcheck will disable Decisive strike.

    . Stunning the killer with this perk will make you the obsession.

    . Decisive strike deactivates when the killer hooks another survivor.

    so that’s my change I got rid of all it’s problems and made it so much better it doesn’t have a time limit anymore and the killer can deactivate the perk by not tunneling. Thoughts?

    A better change would be lower the timer a bit (you know like they did to POTG because it lasts toooooo long) or make the timer burn double if full healed. Tired of getting d-striked after downing someone else across the map, going back where the person was hooked, chasing them who are now full healed, downing them and getting dstriked.

  • doesn't solve it being used to just rush gens with unbreakable

    a better change would just be to have it deactivate if you work on a gen.

  • @Chilli_man2400 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1722980#Comment_1722980

    i agree but people can still do the locker tech and force you to get stunned I like the idea of pausing the timer but why not just make it unlimited duration just to save up slots?

    If it were unlimited, it'd probably be broken. The idea I had effectively makes it unlimited, but only if your being chased. Making it unlimited in general, even with the parameters set, would just lead to people not doing anything so they can get a stun in on the killer.

    The locker-tech would still be there, but only if you were really tunneling. If you don't wanna eat the stun, just walk away for 30 seconds, go after someone else.

  • @Chilli_man2400 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1722986#Comment_1722986

    Can you please explain. The reason I added that was to make the perk a anti tunnel perk so the killer is forced to either go after another survivor or take the stun.

    The best way to put it is, how is doing your objective going to deactivate a perk? It is like saying, “after a survivor successfully finishes a generator, Hex: Ruin will be deactivated”. Never really understood why killers want to deactivate DS after hooking somebody, never made sense to me tbh.

  • Easiest solution: timer goes down twice as fast if the survivor is doing an action such as repairing a generator;

    If in chase with killer, the timer slows down by the same factor.

  • @SunderMun said:

    Easiest solution: timer goes down twice as fast if the survivor is doing an action such as repairing a generator;

    If in chase with killer, the timer slows down by the same factor.

    I like this idea a lot more than mine. It makes it reasonable for each side.

  • @Zarr0ch said:

    It's fine how it is. Dont tunnel, it's timer runs out. No issue.

    It really isnt that difficult

    The problem isn't "not tunneling", the problem is people can do things in the killers face because of how long the timer is. Slugging isn't a viable option, since Unbreakable just means they get up anyways, or they get picked up.

  • @Eleghost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1723030#Comment_1723030

    I like this idea a lot more than mine. It makes it reasonable for each side.

    Thanks. I try to think of both sides whenever suggesting changes; it's why my suggestions for Deathslinger actually would make him a super strong killer lol

  • @SunderMun said:

    Easiest solution: timer goes down twice as fast if the survivor is doing an action such as repairing a generator;

    If in chase with killer, the timer slows down by the same factor.

    Never seen anybody mention this change. I like. You got my vote.

  • @Zarr0ch said:

    It's fine how it is. Dont tunnel, it's timer runs out. No issue.

    It really isnt that difficult

    Remove the locker tech, so the Killer slug to get some benefit from not “tunneling” Survivors that want to use Decisive aggressively

  • @BabyCameron10 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1723003#Comment_1723003

    The best way to put it is, how is doing your objective going to deactivate a perk? It is like saying, “after a survivor successfully finishes a generator, Hex: Ruin will be deactivated”. Never really understood why killers want to deactivate DS after hooking somebody, never made sense to me tbh.

    Well survivors deactivate hex perks by cleansing totems so why not hook someone to deactivate a perk.

  • Ok everyone I’ve read the feedback and I’m making a couple changes to the perk

    1.when the unhooked survivor is healed to full Heath Decisive strike deactivates

    2.if you start repairing a generator Decisive strike deactivates

    3.if you cleanse a totem DS deactivates

    those are my last few changes to the perk it’s still going to have unlimited duration but now I made it like this now.

  • @Zarr0ch said:

    It's fine how it is. Dont tunnel, it's timer runs out. No issue.

    It really isnt that difficult

    I disagree. Even if I don't tunnel I still get punished by it. 60 seconds is way too long. Pop got cut down to 45 and I find that's plenty of time to do my thing. I've hooked other people, found someone I hooked earlier, chased them, hit them twice and they still have DS. I clearly wasn't tunneling and yet I still get hit by it. Even then, tunneling is not a crime as stated by the devs themselves.

    Then there's the people who deliberately get in your face because they have DS, they feel they need to use it. That's not how the perk was intended. Throw in UB and no matter what the killer does, it's time wasted. Last if you take the DS the killer is going to go after you because you have no 2nd chance perks left. Then once caught again the survivor either rage quits or says "Why you tunnel?"

  • @Zarr0ch said:

    Or...dont tunnel? Really its not that hard.

    DS used to work after being downed, THE FIRST DOWN, nothing to do with hooks. It was ALREADY NERFED. Stop moaning for once. Stop tunneling and you want experience it. Simple.

    Meh. I just tunnel through it.

    Yeah, I said it.

  • @Zarr0ch said:

    Or...dont tunnel? Really its not that hard.

    DS used to work after being downed, THE FIRST DOWN, nothing to do with hooks. It was ALREADY NERFED. Stop moaning for once. Stop tunneling and you want experience it. Simple.

    Bro its 2 minutes of invincibilty

  • gonna go ahead and throw this in. unlimited DS duration as long as you don't touch objectives or get healed = DS, UB, MoM new meta. get hooked then tank hits for your teammates that are working the gens.

    I like the idea of situationally fudging the timer that was shared earlier in the thread, but I would add a caveat that if you are not in chase when a gen pops then DS immediately deactivates. That way you reduce the chances of having 2 or 3 DS active at the same time if the killer is applying good pressure. No more anti momentum complaints :)

  • Don't missunderstand me but I think you're new. I have seen the same exact idea posted many times by many users and many users believes it's a good idea.

    The perk can be used as an anti-tunnel yet the correct definition would be "anti-momentum" of course, I know survivors can and will use it offensively even when the killer already has no momentum or pressure.

    The main problem is as many have told, being farmed. If I am a killer and see someone unhooking you then down you and go for the unhooker I will hook him first and then bye bye DS so you won't get a chance.

    The second problem is... let's suppose I don't see you anymore in the match and I am having troubles as a killer catching someone else, then I see you and hok you. Did I tunnel? No, not at all. Should I be punished? No, either. I think you have been punished enough by not being able to hook anybody else

    How to really fix DS

    Make the time goes faster if:

    .Hiding in a locker

    .Fixing a gen

    .Being fully healed

    .Being on the EGC.

  • @Saitamfed said:

    Don't missunderstand me but I think you're new. I have seen the same exact idea posted many times by many users and many users believes it's a good idea.

    The perk can be used as an anti-tunnel yet the correct definition would be "anti-momentum" of course, I know survivors can and will use it offensively even when the killer already has no momentum or pressure.

    The main problem is as many have told, being farmed. If I am a killer and see someone unhooking you then down you and go for the unhooker I will hook him first and then bye bye DS so you won't get a chance.

    The second problem is... let's suppose I don't see you anymore in the match and I am having troubles as a killer catching someone else, then I see you and hok you. Did I tunnel? No, not at all. Should I be punished? No, either. I think you have been punished enough by not being able to hook anybody else

    How to really fix DS

    Make the time goes faster if:

    .Hiding in a locker

    .Fixing a gen

    .Being fully healed

    .Being on the EGC.

    I already fixed it I made another comment show some changes I made.

  • I will never understand the community when it comes to DS.

    That 5 second stun isn't impactful in most of my games. If I eat DS even by accident I don't care at all.

    I just eat the stun and go back to defending the gens. The next chase is right around the corner.

    On top of that some killers are able to close or ignore the distance you get off of the stun immediately.

    - Spirit

    - Nurse

    - Blight

    - Deathslinger (survivors are DS-animation locked for 1 out of 5 seconds so the distance they get is 16m. That's within the Deathslinger's gun range of 18m)

    - Hillbilly

    - Hag (can trap the area around the DS survivor before picking them up)

    - even Clown can reduce the stun effect by throwing a bottle to the ground before picking DS up.

    - Huntress (if you're outpositioned which is typically the case when you get tunneled off the hook. Similar to Deathslinger)

    - Pyramid Head

    DS just isn't strong enough to justify any kind of nerf in my opinion.

  • @Zarr0ch said:

    It's fine how it is. Dont tunnel, it's timer runs out. No issue.

    It really isnt that difficult

    I have been in situations where I have literally hooked every other survivor and have still gotten stunned with DS by the first survivor I hooked. Also, you have a full minute of invincibility where you can do anything you want which is too powerful in some situations and can feel pretty unfair. It is an issue, and one that should definitely be changed.

  • @Chilli_man2400 said:

    Ok everyone I’ve read the feedback and I’m making a couple changes to the perk

    1.when the unhooked survivor is healed to full Heath Decisive strike deactivates

    2.if you start repairing a generator Decisive strike deactivates

    3.if you cleanse a totem DS deactivates

    those are my last few changes to the perk it’s still going to have unlimited duration but now I made it like this now.

    I get your point but there are still many "IF".


    If an example, someone is healing you and the killer has a insta-down power running tinkerer or another perk. Technically the killer did tunnel you

    Fixing a gen? Same as before, let's suppose the survivor who rescued you refuses to heal you for some reason and the killer has an insta-down, depending on how much time has passed it can be considered tunneling since a hidden ghostface can mark you, a cloacked write as well.

    And... cleansing a totem? Well, the same as before, perhaps I have Nancy's totem perk and the killer just wait until I remove it.

  • @Saitamfed said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1723060#Comment_1723060

    I get your point but there are still many "IF".

    If an example, someone is healing you and the killer has a insta-down power running tinkerer or another perk. Technically the killer did tunnel you

    Fixing a gen? Same as before, let's suppose the survivor who rescued you refuses to heal you for some reason and the killer has an insta-down, depending on how much time has passed it can be considered tunneling since a hidden ghostface can mark you, a cloacked write as well.

    And... cleansing a totem? Well, the same as before, perhaps I have Nancy's totem perk and the killer just wait until I remove it.

    everything You said is the reason why DS is so hard to balance because one wrong change and it can be bad or abusable it’s so hard to change. How would you change the perk?

  • @Chilli_man2400 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1724547#Comment_1724547

    everything You said is the reason why DS is so hard to balance because one wrong change and it can be bad or abusable it’s so hard to change. How would you change the perk?

    I already writed it in the comment you quoted. Instead of disabling DS, make the timer goes faster that would give a margin for survivors if they are caught off guard but not too much to be exploitable like doing gens because the killer won't be unable to touch you for 60s.

  • @Zarr0ch said:

    Or...dont tunnel? Really its not that hard.

    DS used to work after being downed, THE FIRST DOWN, nothing to do with hooks. It was ALREADY NERFED. Stop moaning for once. Stop tunneling and you want experience it. Simple.

    I disagree with the "whole DS is nerfed stop moaning," Mories used to be able to be used without hooking, but they were nerfed so that you have to hook first, and they're still undeniably overpowered.

    Just because DS was nerfed does not mean that it is fair (even if it is basically a requirement if tunneling is an issue).

  • If you touch a gen, get healed to healthy, touch a totem, step in a trap or all gens are completed this perk should deactivate. This game should punish boosted survivors better so that we can actually have good games when we solo queue as survivor in red.

    If this perk is used to play offensively then it should deactivate but it doesn't.

    So if you play poorly enough a killers should always remember a lil green Mori will do the trick :)

  • @Parallax said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1722968#Comment_1722968

    I disagree with the "whole DS is nerfed stop moaning," Mories used to be able to be used without hooking, but they were nerfed so that you have to hook first, and they're still undeniably overpowered.

    Just because DS was nerfed does not mean that it is fair (even if it is basically a requirement if tunneling is an issue).

    Also while it's not as unfair as before, it's definitely hugely buffed since its previous state.