What killer should I unlock once I get to 9k I'm having trouble picking one.
It's either these three.
(1) should I unlock Oni and why? I'm most likely going to get him first.
(2) or death slinger and why should I unlock him? 2nd pick but not sure.
(3) or new killer again not sure about this one.
It's either Oni or death slinger?
Tagged:
Mod
Comments
Depends on your playstyle.
Oni is stronger overall, Deathslinger is just annoying for survivors.
Deathslingers is a very precise killer compared to Oni, whos hurtbox is extremely forgiving. So the latter is the better choice for console or low sensitivity, or low-end PC.
Both killers can be fun in their own ways, and you can do some cool flicks or tricks with them.
If its a tie breaker you'd want i'd say Oni:
Oni has better overall perks along with nemesis making all Kill X obsession archives MUCH quicker to do as its possible to get 4 obsession kills in a game.
Slinger's perks are underpowered and unless you really like his power he has nothing else going for him given his lower overall power compared to most killers.
If it's really a tossup i would say Oni.
Better perks overal and playing him will make you better at other killers too as you still have to m1 people from time to time.
Deathslinger is fun though
Oni is stronger overall with his mobility and insta-down. Deathslinger is better at countering looping, but has no mobility or map pressure. Also, Oni's perks are better. Deathslinger's perks are garbage imo.
I would unlock Oni, because I love to run across the map more than shot people with harpoon or bump into walls. My favorite killer is Huntress, so I should more enjoy Deathslinger as ranged killer. But actually I like Huntress because she can shot survivors across the map. Deatslinger can't do this trick, but Oni can in certain way. Blight is hard to master and I also don't find him as fun as Oni.
Do you have the hag already? she's a very unique killer and she's got devour hope and ruin on her.
But if you were to choose out of the two, you should consider that Oni is stronger and more straight forward to play, he's a mashup of a ton of other killers. Slinger is more unique and doesn't play like any other killer in the game even though he's a mash up of other killer abilities as well. Slinger is good but he's not as strong as Oni, and if you're not used to playing fps games with projectile weapons, especially on bhvr's bargain bin servers. You will need more time to get used to playing slinger.
The 3rd option, get plague if you don't have her.
Oni anyday. His perks also aren't the worst espeically for newer players.
Depends on what you want. Oni, while difficult in his own right, is a much easier killer to pick up and play. Deathslinger is significantly harder. Oni is all about powering up and snowballing when you hit your peak. Deathslinger is about never giving them a chance and creating dead areas. Oni has amazing mobility, Slinger draws people to him both literally and metaphorically.
Every killer requires more or less effort to win depending on many factors, a lot of them in control of the survivors. However, I would honestly say that if you want consistency in your average game, pick Freddy. He's a low risk/high reward type of character with tools to deal with most any situation - only the best survivor teams or players will have a chance against you if you're competent with him.
Deathslinger's perks are very bad, 2 of Oni's are somewhat usable.
In terms of gameplay, I'd say Oni is much stronger, but Deathslinger is more fun. You should get Oni first imo.
If you like playing Hillybilly, Oni feels similar. If you like playing Huntress, DeathSlinger seems similar. Personally I would lean towards DeathSlinger as I like my Huntress games more than my Hillbilly games.
If you hate (or are terrible as) Billy or Huntress, you might find you have a similar problem with these two.
Oni is a lot of fun, IMO. I love it when the power meter fills up and I can go full rage mode and just tear survivors to pieces. His Mori animation has one cool thing (ripping out and crushing the survivor's tongue), but the rest of the animation is just OK.
Deathslinger is also fun (I mean, who doesn't like shooting survivors?) and probably slightly easier to play, but he gets shafted a lot by simple debris. On the other hand, his Mori is ######### brutal.
Buy the skins, because this is the first time it gets discount in shard. You can buy any other killer at same price at anytime later. ๐
Oni because hes more fun to go against, and hes still very strong. Id say hes harder than deathslinger tho
thx guys this will be a hard choice XD im going to pick oni first then deathslinger next:)
I would pick Oni, since he can be strong and he snowballs really well with his power. Nemesis is one of his perks that can be quite fun in chases. He kinda plays similar to The Hillbilly
If you like more stealthy killers Deathslinger might be a better choice for you, since his TR is slightly lower then normal killers due to him being 4.4. With M&A you can sneak up on people really well.
I can see why this choice is a tough one. My personal choice would be Oni.
Oni because his power is borderline overpowered.
Oni:
Oni is a straight forward killer. you hit them and collect the blood orbs to power yourself up, then activate your power and become a much deadlier Hillbilly. the power takes some time to master, but its definitely the easiest of the three you have there - and the one with the most raw power to it.
perk wise he isnt that great though.
Deathslinger:
Deathslinger is a much more complex killer, as his reduced movement speed forces him to constantly make good use of his power to do well. The power is at the same time very complex and very straight forward - let me explain: the way his redeemer works is quite complicated, as it requires good reflexes and precision, while also requiring you to use your surroundings to your advantage when reeling survivors in, as you wouldnt want them to bring something inbetween you and them or you getting stuck on sthg yourself. However, its also very straight forward in the regard that its a pure hunting power. there isnt a lot of depth to it, its just aim, shoot, reel. no multitasking of different effects, no build in map pressure or tracking, just the chase. thats also what makes him so difficult to play, as you'll need to manage all these aspects his power is lacking yourself. Deathslinger is a 1v1 monster, but sucks in a 4v1 aspect. you will have a rough start with him, but he is really fun to play.
his perks though...
Blight:
I'll be honest with you, Blight is the only one of these 3 i have very little experience with, so i apologize for that.
Blights power seems very straight forward at first, however it has a lot more depth to it than most would think. He is probaply the hardest of these 3 killers, as using his Rush and Lethal Rush effectively can be very tricky, however i have seen many pulling off great plays with him. He has really good map pressure and a decent chase potential. an issue i personally have with him is is low FoV, as it makes it super hard to keep track of survivor movements in most loops, as you just cant look over these short walls most others have no problem looking over. his short height however can also be an advantage, as it makes you harder to spot aswell - and thanks to his normal movement speed you can play him like any other M1 killer aswell, which is quite good for beginners, as they are not forced to use his power all the time (like Deathslinger).
his perks also arent half bad
Don't actually like either killer (because both use the newest rig), so my suggestion would be to wait. But, ofc that's always up to you.
I recommend Oni, he is so fun to play as. Same for slinger though. They both don't require addons and are very good killers in general. Oni is fun for both sides, but deathslinger is only really fun for the person playing as him.
Imagine getting the plag omegalul
Update I just unlocked oni:D next will be deathslinger