Wraith is awesome and very fun to play!!!
He's probably my favorite killer, before the changes... but was irritating at times. He's now lethal, and top tier.
Thanks a lot! @not_Queen
He's probably my favorite killer, before the changes... but was irritating at times. He's now lethal, and top tier.
Thanks a lot! @not_Queen
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I mean, with add-ons is great. But if your base kit isn't gonna cut it, then there's still some things to be considered. Betcha he's still loopable without anything extra. But that's just my two-cents
gets 17 lol reactions
ALRIGHT YOU ######### WHO'S DOING THIS
I'll bring the feedback to the team! Glad you are having fun and you like the changes!
You devs have been on point with the balance changes you guys made Trapper and Hag really good. Ever since Pig got released killer buffs/nerfs have been fine and the perk rework to Calm spirit was amazing. My new fav perk btw. Keep going and I trust that the game will be better and soon, it'll be perfect.
Yes. This game is turning the corner. The exhaustion changes were vital, then they made Hag very viable and lethal...
Then they added a lot to the trapper... now Wraith.
The Wraith is now top tier all the way and it's exciting. I just faced a tryhard SWF team, and ate them alive.
Before I might of gotten 2 or 3, but I got all 4.
I'm so excitededed. I haven't finished downloading the update yet, but I saved all of my add ons from level 35-50.
Is Wraith really all that great?
Haven't played him much myself.
Wraith is now mid-tier without add-ons, he's good now
Spirit on the other hand is low tier without add-ons, mid tier with add-ons
The Wraith is absolutely lethal with the best add ons. He's under Nurse and Hag in my opinion. Just barely better than the clown.
His new "All Seeing" add on is just sickening. He's needed this for months. He's got it. He's completely 100% strong and finally really fun to play.
I always made the best of him, because I liked his backstory a lot, but now I can really dominate.
Basically, using 2 of the new add ons can be like using 4 old ones or something. That one new add ons (purple) is like brutal strength on crack.
Very pleased. I'll be purchasing auric cells very soon and spend some on wraith actually over this. I bought the Spirit with shards, but I'll be doing cells for cosmetics.
i wouldnt say top tier but he is not on the bottom anymore
He's very strong. He's top tier for sure.
Nurse/Billy/CLown/Hag/Wraith
They are all elite now.
Myers/HUntress/Doctor/Pig
Trapper/Leatherface/Freddy
3 tiers...
This is how they play out, in rough order.
I still want to have an invisible attack for him. Pure add on changes are not going to fix a killer.
I've said before and I'll say it again - the Wraith just needs to be able to attack out of stealth, with a relatively long stun. That one change alone would make him top-tier.
he is good with a few addon combos, he will be REALLY good with spirit fury + enduring.
I really like stacking windstorm and playing a sonic wraith, you can very easily run past survivors and bodyblock them from pallets and whatnot.
Once they fix that, he'll be top tier.
That's why he gets a 1-second speed boost upon a full decloak.
Not enough
This is how I've been playing and it has worked (low rank, mind you):
1. Find a Survivor.
2. Decloak.
3. Hit the panicking Survivor with the speed boost. If they have Sprint Burst, cloak and chase them a bit to close the distance.
4. Cloak again and chase them.
5. Uncloak and hit the Survivor a second time.
You forgot the 20 pallets in between. Because that uncloak slowdown is just enough, so the survivor can get to a pallet. This is complaining on high niveau. So far i like the changes on him.
Ah, right, I do also use the add-on for faster cloaking and decloaking. I forgot about those, as I don't usually use add-ons.
I find it's bit weird, the only Wraith feedback thread I ever saw a community manager reply to, is the only one that praised the changes, while there are tons of threads that dislike the changes.
And this very thread is created by someone who is constantly telling everyone how great killer are, while most killer player see the game as seriously survivorsided.
Thank you. You spoke right from my heart.
Wrong. I play both sides.
I play more killer yes, but I also hit rank 1 briefly last season as well. I see the game for what it is. The game is still slightly survivor sided with SWF.
When SWF is 2 people and then 2 solos, the game is balanced or close to it.
When it is 4 solos, the game is balanced as well I think. If you guys think the Wraith is slightly improved or worse you're insane.
I use Shadowborn, Hex Ruin, Overcharge and Noed.
I rarely get to even use Noed. Maybe 1/8 matches or more. Maybe 1/10 matches I get to use it. It's rare.
Adjust what you're doing if you think the Wraith is still bad.
I played with his Ultra Rare Addin that silences the bell, and paired with the common add-in that suppresses his terror radius and red glow for 8 seconds after the decloak.
I'd decloak around the corner where they couldn't see me, then use the speed boost to close the gap and surprise the survivors on the generator.
Seems to work very well on 3 out of 4 survivors so far. Gave me a lot of giggles the whole time.