The new "map" balance
Sorry but the tiny bloodlust nerf wasn't good enough for how they gutted alot of these maps most notably red forest.
Sorry but the tiny bloodlust nerf wasn't good enough for how they gutted alot of these maps most notably red forest.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Oh also since i'm here daily reminder of how they removed large amounts of pallets some patches ago, and there's still hooks everywhere 5 meters apart. What a joke.
Hooks are not 5 meters apart everywhere. Why are you lying?
It isnt just a survivor issue.
Yeah, that's the basement, and those are actually 4. In case you were referring to the surface, though, you've misjudged the distance between them.
This post is about the maps that were gutted for no reason. Why did they touch red forest? It was fine the way it was, now it's completely useless.
That was no meme. I've seen 3 hooks setup with people all on 3 hooks so the killer legit can just stand in the middle and camp for a win. There are FAR to many hooks right now, and it's been a huge issue for a long time, there's practically no reason to even wiggle, and don't get me started on perks like boil over.
Screenshot it then, let me see the distance.
If the Killer managed to hook three different people on three different hooks, he deserves the win.
EDIT: Oh, and if you think wiggling is useless, please stop doing it. Killers everywhere will thank you for it.
Which maps? I've found hooks relatively close together, but never 5 meters apart, no matter the map or the role. The two that I found that were closest to each other had enough distance between them for me to almost completely wiggle free (I sabotaged one).
Nice job avoiding what I actually said. It's not about 3 people being hooked it's about HOOK PLACEMENTS AND RANGE APART, ALSO FAR TO MANY HOOKS. Wouldn't matter to someone rocking a nurse portrait anyways, be gone.
And both grim pantry maps, and 90% of macmillan maps, mine as well throw in cold farms as well.
I'm addressing that as well with PinkEricka. You're free to jump in at any time. My portrait says nothing regarding what does or doesn't matter to me, but then someone with your portrait wouldn't understand that.
So basically, about half the maps. It's amazing I've never run into this problem before, you two must be really unlucky. Hell, on Mother's Dwelling I've had Survivors wiggle free because the hooks were just too far apart. Still, I'll keep an eye out. If either of you are on PC, we can always check it in KYF.
He does that a lot. Just get use to it.
Sure, just ignore every other comment that I have addressing the subject. I guess I'd better get used to that from you two.
LOL not from me. You have my attention.
I have seen 3 hooks very very close to each other too. I mean, my word is not the law here but I also am killer sided as well. I wouldn't try to defend survivors for no reason.
The main building in the red forest was as much ######### as the barn was. The problem with that map though is that there are not many things to loop, juke the killer. They did a good job shutting it down but they should have added something for the survivors as well.
I'm not in here spewing lies I wouldn't say it if I haven't experienced it. I play everyday, i'm rank 1 every season I have over 2k hours in this game. I see this ALL THE TIME. I disagree, they completely gutted red forest, it's not even worth going to the mid house anymore you're guaranteed to get downed. It used to be about mind games, killer could go up and drop down on you etc to cut you off. Now that's just gone you have nowhere to go. Pretty good job so far.
I have seen 3 on the farm map by the combine and the close jungle gym almost in a perfect triangle.
Yes, hooks have been distributed in a fairly homogeneous manner throughout the maps to prevent so-called "dead zones", places where it's mathematically impossible for the Killer to hook someone. However, I've yet to see hooks spawn 5 meters from each other even once. As I mentioned, the closest two I saw were still far enough away that I almost wiggled free.
@PinkEricka @Usui, are either of you gonna take me up on my KYF offer, or are you playing on console?
It is a spawning issue. Generators, hooks and totems spawn way too close together. Sometimes you even spawn next to the killer. Buff/Nerf the spawn.
Yes, please get screenshots of hooks, but if they're not 5 meters apart (give or take another meter, because eyeballing it is not a reliable way to measure), OP's story crumbles into dust.
Wiggling is there to put pressure on the Killer to hook you ASAP instead of going for the most favorable location each time (i.e.: the basement). It's not there to prevent hooking altogether.
I do have friends playing DbD, but I'd rather not pull them from their fun games to try out something all of them likely believe to be BS. Those two, on the other hand...
Yes, taking away some of the pallets were good but completely gutting some maps to the point where you have to rely on 360’s? LOL.
2. @Usui you still have to tell me what the actual problem is, the nerfed maps or bloodlust?
In my opinion the changes are fair, they just need to remove some of the bigger loops left and then remove BL completely. Just give them time to finish what they started.
He already said you can't eyeball the screen shots to determine 5 meters. My guess is they break out the slide-rule and do some quick equations you know for fun. Sounds like a good time to me.
You're right , it's about 10m.
Heres one example; had to snap quick obviously because I was going to get saved. I'll try to take more.
I'm assuming you mean the hook on the far right, several meters away behind some rubble? Don't make me do math to show why hook spawns are fine (bugs notwithstanding).
Don't dismiss my criticism just because you don't agree with my PoV. As far as I can tell from that screenshot, that hook is far enough away that if the Killer tried to put you on it, you'd have a decent chance at wiggling free.
I'm looking at it, seems like the hook is surrounded by rubble, thus increasing the required travel time. Maybe you know different because you were actually in the trial, but then you haven't said anything to indicate the rubble isn't all surrounding the hook.
EDIT: For the record, all I'm dismissing is your dismissal of my criticism. Don't call me a hypocrite when you try to mock and ridicule me for not knowing a randomized map that only one of us played on.
Literally all you had to do was explain that area's layout a little more to prove me wrong, since the picture is obscured by fog. I'm not saying I'm right, I'm saying that's what it looks like to me. You could very easily disprove it, but instead you went for insults. Right now all I can conclude is that you know you're wrong, but you're trying to save face by pretending I'm the one at fault.
Punctuation and paragraphs, please.