A mini BHVR Blight History Lesson:

The Halloween Blight events started in 2018.

In 2018 we had The Hallowed Blight. You collected putrid serum and could unlock 2 full cosmetics. With extra bloodpoints, decorations and music, the community was happy.

In 2019 we had The Withering Blight. You collected putrid serum and could unlock 1 cosmetic. The community was unhappy with this. The community rioted and it was changed to give us 2 cosmetics we could unlock for free.

In 2019 we have The Eternal Blight. You dont collect serum to unlock event cosmetics. The community was unhappy with this. The community rioted and it was changed to give us 1 cosmetic we could unlock for free.


BHVR knew we would be unhappy with only one unlockable cosmetic. They wanted us to pay for the event. So they released with no unlockable event cosmetics and knowing we would be unhappy. They would then give us a way to unlock one cosmetic to make us happy. They want us to be happy to get played an manipulated.

To be clear, I dont think we're "entitled to free stuff". I dont think we need to have cosmetics for free. I do think BHVR should have put the slightest amount of effort into their game at the biggest time of the year for them. They are trying to manipulate us so we'll be happy to be screwed. I wont. Will you?

Comments

  • For a game that isn't even free, they really like to try and suck the money out of you.

  • But they're giving enough Iridescent Shards as daily login rewards that you'll be able to buy half of a cosmetic!

    Gosh darnit there's just no pleasing these greedy players!

    /s

  • @Bard said:

    But they're giving enough Iridescent Shards as daily login rewards that you'll be able to buy half of a cosmetic!

    Gosh darnit there's just no pleasing these greedy players!

    /s

    Good thing we get the rewards by logging in and not by playing the game!

    That way I can sit on a FW's twitch stream praying for a limited use code and artificially inflating DbDs viewership on Twitch!

  • @SleepyWillo said:

    The Halloween Blight events started in 2018.

    In 2018 we had The Hallowed Blight. You collected putrid serum and could unlock 2 full cosmetics. With extra bloodpoints, decorations and music, the community was happy.

    In 2019 we had The Withering Blight. You collected putrid serum and could unlock 1 cosmetic. The community was unhappy with this. The community rioted and it was changed to give us 2 cosmetics we could unlock for free.

    In 2019 we have The Eternal Blight. You dont collect serum to unlock event cosmetics. The community was unhappy with this. The community rioted and it was changed to give us 1 cosmetic we could unlock for free.

    BHVR knew we would be unhappy with only one unlockable cosmetic. They wanted us to pay for the event. So they released with no unlockable event cosmetics and knowing we would be unhappy. They would then give us a way to unlock one cosmetic to make us happy. They want us to be happy to get played an manipulated.

    To be clear, I dont think we're "entitled to free stuff". I dont think we need to have cosmetics for free. I do think BHVR should have put the slightest amount of effort into their game at the biggest time of the year for them. They are trying to manipulate us so we'll be happy to be screwed. I wont. Will you?

    This is accurate, but you forgot to mention that players who bought the cosmetics are being thrown under the bus by being denied a refund:

    @Hlidskialf said:

    I had around 74k iridescent shards and spent 43200 in two skins and now, without any warning, each skin costs 9k.

    #########?

    Receive a response from support:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/OSHFVIY5TSSU/tqunher.png

    I'm done with this game.

    I lost my time getting all those shards to getting literally scammed.

    That's a developer who really put their players in first place, huh?

    The players who, despite the issues with the event, still bought the skins, get nothing.

  • @Madjura said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/200521/a-mini-bhvr-blight-history-lesson

    This is accurate, but you forgot to mention that players who bought the cosmetics are being thrown under the bus by being denied a refund:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/200499/everybody-who-bought-the-skins-for-21k-should-be-refunded

    The players who, despite the issues with the event, still bought the skins, get nothing.

    BHVR took advantage of peoples good faith for profit before backpedaling to try and milk the cynics for some extra cash?! *shocked pikachu face*

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1702242#Comment_1702242

    If the skins are actually dropping to 9k they're giving us enough shards to buy a full skin.

    Thats my point. People werent happy with one last year so they had to give us two.

    This year they gave us nothing so we'd be happy with one. They are trying to manipulate their players.

  • People aren't even asking for "free cosmetics." Events like these are meant to bring in new players and increase player retention. For Halloween, many games release items/cosmetics that can be earned by playing the game. Playing the game is what the company wants people to do; it benefits both sides to do events in that manner.

    (Right now, Dying Light is doing a double XP event. I've played that like mad and leveled up a bunch, it's super sweet. I also bought two DLC packs from them for cool new weapons. I wonder if that's related? Hmm.)

    People are shifting the narrative to say "you guys want free stuff." Well, no, we want a fun event. We want events like BHVR has done previously. I'm not asking for a cosmetic that I get just for opening up the game without even playing.

    Giving players extra incentives to play your game is a good thing to do. Hopefully they'll stick around, continue to play, and buy stuff from your store.

    For this 2020 event, BHVR is giving out stuff that specifically doesn't require people to play the game. Open up the game once a day? Earn a free cosmetic, don't even have to play. Or keep the store open while watching a streamer so you can type in a code for a chance at a Dwightcrow charm, which actually specifically requires people not to play the game.

    Whatever, in some ways this is better for me. I'm on PS4, so I can't really play much; I've found the only way to get around the massive frame drops is to stand still and not move.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1702289#Comment_1702289

    I was just replying to the comment saying we would only get enough shards to buy half of a cosmetic. I'm not sure I'd agree they're trying to manipulate people by giving out less free content than in years past, but I do agree they've made mistakes on this event and I do miss the 2018 Blight event.

    Next year they won't make any skins and then put them up for sale if we complain.

    I also quoted the wrong person

  • @Terro said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1702301#Comment_1702301

    Next year they won't make any skins and then put them up for sale if we complain.

    I also quoted the wrong person

    And that reduction will be Auric Cells only. No shards.

  • You'd think a horror themed game would go all in for Halloween but they're really slacking here.

  • @SleepyWillo said:

    The Halloween Blight events started in 2018.

    In 2018 we had The Hallowed Blight. You collected putrid serum and could unlock 2 full cosmetics. With extra bloodpoints, decorations and music, the community was happy.

    In 2019 we had The Withering Blight. You collected putrid serum and could unlock 1 cosmetic. The community was unhappy with this. The community rioted and it was changed to give us 2 cosmetics we could unlock for free.

    In 2019 we have The Eternal Blight. You dont collect serum to unlock event cosmetics. The community was unhappy with this. The community rioted and it was changed to give us 1 cosmetic we could unlock for free.

    BHVR knew we would be unhappy with only one unlockable cosmetic. They wanted us to pay for the event. So they released with no unlockable event cosmetics and knowing we would be unhappy. They would then give us a way to unlock one cosmetic to make us happy. They want us to be happy to get played an manipulated.

    To be clear, I dont think we're "entitled to free stuff". I dont think we need to have cosmetics for free. I do think BHVR should have put the slightest amount of effort into their game at the biggest time of the year for them. They are trying to manipulate us so we'll be happy to be screwed. I wont. Will you?

    Yeah, I saw this for what it was as well, manipulative corporate shenanigans and nothing more.

    Pull the lever, rats, get your treat. If you buy anything, you've been played like a fiddle.