How is DBD going to end?
I know DBD isn’t going to end any time soon burn this is a question I’ve always wondered.... Are they gonna keep making killers and survivors till the game dies or what? What’s the endgame?
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
The real question is WILL DBD end?
Dead By Daylight 2
Alot of people follow their favorite gamers opinions and games they switch to.
It will end probably next summer or next fall I'd say. Who knows.
We don't need a "Dead by Daylight 2" that would be stupid.
Just evolve this. What they have going is great.
I'm still waiting on those leaderboards/stats. That would be great. AND hatch changes.
These asymmetric horror games are gaining a lot of popularity; I saw some concept for a 16 player game, recently that looked like a blast. Considering that, I imagine that this game will likely end with the release of something bigger and better.
I'm not really playing any other games but DbD currently, there's not much out there that is challenging AND fun. The last time I had this much fun in a game was with demon souls and dark souls; invading and fighting 2 or 3 vs 1 was a lot of fun.
2) they don't owe you any compensation. Period. You bought them for this game, you used this for this game, can continue using them for this game. If you didnt think they're worth it for just this game ,then you shouldn't have bought them.
3) so split the community. Every game needs to make that decision eventually. If it's a good game, everyone will buy it and transition over shortly after. This is how it work.I
Instead of Making DBD 2 just continue adding chapters.
I think the amount of people playing will eventually decrease/a new more balanced horror game with more features will come out.
I will have to agree with a version 2 of the game . As time passes better graphics become available and better engines , so if things start to die off here they would be able to make a new setting different modes , correct issues of the past and start a new world with new ideas a lot easier . This coupled with new graphics and a new engine would seem the most logical .
Then again if it has enough of a following it could last . I know this is a mmo im about to mention and not the same type of game , but origin systems launched a game using a 2d overhead graphics back in 97 called Ultima Online and it is still alive today , so anything is possible .
They are going to keep making new characters/updates/balancing until the game dies. The same way every single other multiplayer game does. There is no "end game" for a game that has no perceived end.
Making a 2nd game purely for a graphics update isn't going to happen. It's the reason why WoW 2 isn't a thing. It would take so much time, money, and investment to make a second game. The only way they would ever make a 2nd game is if there was a core thing that they wanted to do to the game that the current engine wouldn't allow.
They won't do that. Neither console would ever pay them enough money to warrant losing the pc playerbase.
Street Fighter is a major franchise. They more than likely got paid tens of millions of dollars to do that. Dead by Daylight would have to get drastically more players/sales for a company to pay that kind of money to be exclusive. They would have to pay them more money than they earn from the platform they are losing. I am willing to bet that pc is the biggest platform for dbd by far. (money wise). The chances of it happening are so low that it's not really worth talking about.
Also have to take into account the potential of future profits with things like microtransactions. The amount they would have to be paid would have to be worth them giving up a constant revenue stream of people buying microtransactions. Console exclusives don't typically rely on microtransactions as much for revenue. Fort the most part they are buy to play with a handful of DLCs.
Dunno, they have almost killed the game themselves multiple times.
Only a matter of time till they make the drastically wrong move instead of bad slip ups like in the past.
And knowing these DEVs, it wouldn't be much of a stretch.
Give this man or woman a medal
The last killer will be The Entity, only playable if you have an ultra rare splinter
Mainly male, female on my days-off