Survivors need more points for playing
Unlike the killer role, survivors compete for totems, unhooks, generators etc... It's rare to see survivors get anywhere near 32k points because they are constantly competing with other survivors for those points. Conversely, it's more common to see a killer regularly get 25 to 30k for a game.
Example: If you are being chased and several generators are done, then you are no longer able to get points from those generators that have been completed. If totems are done, then those points are no longer available etc...
A skilled killer does not have resources removed from the game. A skilled survivor regularly has many opportunities for points removed by the other survivors.
I am referring to actual gameplay and experiences, NOT the hypothetical maximum potential such as if 3 survivors work together on 5 gens.
What is your average experience with points?
Comments
Survivors just need more consistent ways to get points in the survival category.
That's it.
I like that suggestion as well! Great comment.
Survivors do not need addons.
While it is true there are a finite number of Generators and Totems, Survivors aren't really in competition with each other. It is getting a variety of things done that pushes Emblems and thus points. If you do nothing but hide around the map and do five Generators all by yourself, you will NOT make good points. It takes awhile to figure this out. You need to be doing a bit of everything to really get good points. Survivors can absolutely break 30K in a game (and on a regular basis).
Help/do 1-2 Gens, destroy a Totems, unhook a Survivor or two, heal someone, and get in chases. The more rounded you are in what you do in a game, the more points you will score. It surprises people all the time to find out that Gen-Rushing won't earn you that much.
So what? You get them if you want to or not, doesnt if killer gets their addons to use or not. Also most killers arent that much addon reliant as people claim.
Honestly its mostly the Survival category. You gain a pittance in that category for wiggling, struggling, and self healing and a 5k lump for getting out. I legitimately have no idea how you are supposed to max that category. There's some other problems too... like getting Altruism points is nearly impossible if the killer isn't injuring or hooking anyone. Its impossible to get anything but Boldness if the killer is on you most of the game. But... the Survival category is the worst.
The two largest other ways to gain survival points are escaping as the obsession, and a lesser known (but one of my favorites) scoring event: Release. You open an exit gate as the last remaining survivor. I try to open a 99 gate after my fellow survivors escape. If I can get a hatch escape too (if not already maxed out in the objective category), woohoo!
Alternatives are self-healing, and Head On and DS stuns. I do, however, sense the need for the 5k survived scoring event, as there needs to be weight to escaping the trial alive or not.
I definitely agree that survivors need better (and more) ways to gain bloodpoints. With the changes made to addons it's more imperative now than before that they do get an increase in points.
I don't think I've gone into a match as a survivor in a long time without a BP offering for example, as I feel that the extra points are so much more important now than ever before since survivors lose their addons each match.
I've often felt that there should be a secondary Offering slot that only works with those less powerful or supplemental things like Wreaths, Vigos, etc. I've always found it odd that I can either put in a this game changing offering OR get a 25% boost to my BP in some category.
The design intent originally on why Killer's get more bloodpoints, easier, is because Survivors have the ability to escape with their items (previously item and add-ons); but Killers constantly burn whatever add-ons they bring; so they are constantly having to do bloodwebs to keep their add-ons fueled up -- and many of killers do require more use of their addons, because balancing when it comes to base power set being viable and effective is hit or miss; mostly miss.