Is using a mori against a key justified?

I just had a lobby with a 2man SWF who brought a map(hatch addons)+skeleton key. I didn’t really feel like going against that so I threw an ebony on and mori’d the two gamers who brought the items. I triple hooked the other two because they were just playing the game normally, nothing stupid. In post game the duo flamed me and called me toxic for bringing a mori. So, I pose this question; is it unfair for one side to bring an OP thing but completely okay for the other side to? A lot of people compare moris to keys so I felt like I was perfectly justified in doing this.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @Zayn said:

    Mories and Keys are incomparable. Mories are easily the most broken thing in Dead by Daylight at the moment and have been for a long time. More overpowered than old DS, old infinites, instaheals, old balanced landing on Haddonfield ETC.

    Franklins is probably enough to deal with keys.

    How would you even mori when infinites would still be in the game and every survivor knows about them? They would all run the infinite and never be hooked at all.

    Just to pick this "mori more overpowered than infinites" from your comment. The rest might be true.

    But only for ebony. Ivory might be balanced and cypress is useless with hatch and more so with hatch dc.

  • Survivors use key 60% of my game, why no Mori?


    We want nerve mori, and the key, SURE !

  • If I see a key I'll probably bring a mori. If I bring a key I never complain about facing a mori.

  • It's fair game. Hate it when a survivor brings a key which forces a killer to burn a mori, but it is 100% fair. Not fair for the rest of us solo survivors, but I don't blame the killer.

  • I say it's definitely justified. Keys will always equal a mori in my eyes, both are terrible parts of the game that desperately require reworks, but they're still as they are right now, use what you can. The best requires the best, unless you're extremely good as the killer you're playing as, 75% of the time that key will escape with Anti-Loss addons. If you want to make sure the key is never recovered, I recommend hiding the body in a discrete spot, then initiating mori. Just went against a key user who's ego went through the roof when I dc'd bc my game was running poorly and I just didn't wanna deal with them. Survivors and killers are both ignorant half the time but that doesn't mean they aren't good. If you have a key user who's a very good looper, you will not win, simple as that, if they wanna skip the game, you can too, drop rulebooks, make your own laws

  • I usually just pop on Franklin's. It's a more entertaining perk in general, and can create a much more effective secondary objective than bones usually do, assuming the survivors are using actual good items they wish to protect.

  • @SimplyNotFun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1669023#Comment_1669023

    You absolutely should count hooks. That makes up the majority of your objective. To acquire a certain amount of hooks. Downs don’t count because you can down them an infinite amount of times quit trying to dilute the percentages in favor of making the killers look like the victims here. Downs are not your objective lol. Moris reduce overall total hooks needed not downs. Besides that 2nd down is most often going to happen from tunneling someone off of a hook anyways which thats just basically handed to you because you don’t have to actually take the time to look for that survivor again. It’s called proxy camping. Moris are absolutely unnecessary and should only be in the game for pleasure. Not to effect the experience of your opponent. Keys provide a backup option to escape (regardless of whether or not that player chooses to be useless - that’s simply not the god damn point so don’t use that as an excuse) as seen in other games like Friday 13 where the counselors Are given many ways to escape. When one thing becomes too hard to do, you do something else. With maps as small as they currently are and gens squeezed together it’s pretty easy to find someone and then the next and snowball boom 3-4K every game without mori. Mori is overkill in its current state. Survivors don’t have offerings that allow them to complete their objective so why should killers?

    You talk BS here... I'm not diluting and I never said killers are victims.

    The point is: It totally doesn't matter if you mori someone or if you put them on a hook. The result is the same, but the key necessary is that you need to end 2 chases. You can also chose to not mori to keep pressure on the other survivors, that's the killer choice. Still doesnt change the fact that he needs AT LEAST 2 downs to be able to mori. That would be like saying "no wonder you got out, you had 8 lives because I slugged you 6 times". Deciding to not kill/hook doesn't change the objective.

    Allowing moris on deathhook only, would you say that this is an objective reduction by 33%? If you do, there is no need to argue tbh. Dead is dead, no matter how you do it. PH also does not have a 33% objective reduction just because he has a mini mori

    And I also wrote about the tunneling in my post. This is a playstyle problem that exists even without a mori. That's not the mori problem. If you say the tunnel down is handed to the killer, then you basically say "this down does not count" which would be the same like a reduced hook count, right? Do you count this way? Like the survivor simply drops dead to the ground after unhook?

    Btw "wether or not that player chooses to be useless ... not the point" is the same argumentation I picked for tunneling off the hook, and if you think about it, also the same argumentation about if the killer decides to slug or simply hook/kill. That's gameplay decision and not the point. Correct. I don't know why this counts for your key scenario but not for my killer scenario. Double standard I guess

    And using a key is not an option, it is a shortcut. The only scenarios where this is not true is when the gates are already powered or the hatch is already open. And when you are the last survivor with a key, it is basically a free escape. The killer cant do anything about it to stop a survivor, unless the survivor does not know where the hatch is. "quit trying to dilute"

  • @SimplyNotFun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1668995#Comment_1668995

    It’s most definitely not justified. I never use ebony Mori and I get 3-4K easy. Do you have a headset? Do you have map knowledge under your belt? Ok then... you’re fine. It’s way too easy to down people in this game if you need a Mori to get a kill then it’s definitely you, not the games fault. Keys provide an alternative escape route which is absolutely necessary in every competitive survival game. Friday 13th has much more ways of escaping. So don’t cry about a damn hatch or a key. As for Mori’s I would say the yellow one is the most fair. It’s an offering. It shouldn’t be that powerful. Survivors don’t have instant gen completion offerings do they? Why can’t they do their objective with an offering? That’s unfair.

    Dude, why you offend him and call him a bad player? There was no reason at all XD

    I think it is not even worse arguing with you, right? I think I'm just gonna opt out, not worth my time. Don't bother answering on my last post, it will not be heard

  • Do whatever u want man .

  • Using a mori is justified because survs can avoid it at the loading screen.

  • @SimplyNotFun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1668995#Comment_1668995

    It’s most definitely not justified. I never use ebony Mori and I get 3-4K easy. Do you have a headset? Do you have map knowledge under your belt? Ok then... you’re fine. It’s way too easy to down people in this game if you need a Mori to get a kill then it’s definitely you, not the games fault. Keys provide an alternative escape route which is absolutely necessary in every competitive survival game. Friday 13th has much more ways of escaping. So don’t cry about a damn hatch or a key. As for Mori’s I would say the yellow one is the most fair. It’s an offering. It shouldn’t be that powerful. Survivors don’t have instant gen completion offerings do they? Why can’t they do their objective with an offering? That’s unfair.

    You're clearly a survivor main.

  • @burt0r said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1669464#Comment_1669464

    How would you even mori when infinites would still be in the game and every survivor knows about them? They would all run the infinite and never be hooked at all.

    Just to pick this "mori more overpowered than infinites" from your comment. The rest might be true.

    But only for ebony. Ivory might be balanced and cypress is useless with hatch and more so with hatch dc.

    Ivory mories aren't even balanced. All you have to do is down the first survivor, hook them, tunnel them off hook and mori them. The game can instantly become a 3v1 and even at let's say, two gens remaining at that point, the survivors are at a very unfair disadvantage since if another were to get caught and hooked, the killer can potentially be in chase with the next one shortly after with perks like BBQ for an example which forces the last survivor off gens to get the save which then makes it that no gen progress is going on. The cycle continues after the killer catches the next one and so on.

    I would even argue that mories are stronger than old infinites. The killer could always just see that the survivor was running to the infinite and then leave them since it's a huge time waster and then go find someone else who's on another gen away from it. If you want to talk about old balanced on Haddonfield, that's maybe the only case where infinites would be more overpowered (potentially) but even then, we all know no one likes Haddonfield for obvious reasons and it's long overdue for a rework.

  • Justice is just a silly excuse someone uses if they think what they're doing is wrong. Nothing wrong with bringing a mori or a key.

  • @scenekidtrash said:

    I just had a lobby with a 2man SWF who brought a map(hatch addons)+skeleton key. I didn’t really feel like going against that so I threw an ebony on and mori’d the two gamers who brought the items. I triple hooked the other two because they were just playing the game normally, nothing stupid. In post game the duo flamed me and called me toxic for bringing a mori. So, I pose this question; is it unfair for one side to bring an OP thing but completely okay for the other side to? A lot of people compare moris to keys so I felt like I was perfectly justified in doing this.

    i'm a Johnny-Come-Lately to this thread, so I apologize if my comment to the original post is already redundant based on the responses I haven't read yet. Use of the Mori was justified the second you decided you wanted to put one in as an offering. What the Survivors brought (or didn't bring) is entirely beside the point. The Mori are offerings the game makes available to you int he Blood Web. Your free will is enough to justify it, no more and no less. You do you.

  • You don’t need justification, just do what you want....

    But on the topic of Moris vs Keys:

    How often do you see a 3 man escape via key? Probably not as often as you see teams getting wiped out by an Ebony Mori. But whatever, keep saying they are equal

  • @Customapple0 said:

    You don’t need justification, just do what you want....

    But on the topic of Moris vs Keys:

    How often do you see a 3 man escape via key? Probably not as often as you see teams getting wiped out by an Ebony Mori. But whatever, keep saying they are equal

    well, in most of my killer games where the survivors bring a key, i go out of my way to prevent gens from popping so they can’t find the hatch early. if they get to 3 gens and someone has died, i might slug a bit so my pressure is kept up. the last time someone got a 3man escape on me was a long time ago when i had about 300 hours in the game. i’m not saying 3man escapes happen every time someone brings a key, but it opens up the possibility for a 3man escape which i personally think is ridiculous

  • If I see a key, I often (not always, but often) will pop in a Mori. When I play survivor, I never bring in keys, and if someone else does, I expect to see a Mori at that point. Both are part of the game, and as aggravating as they both can be, I have to remind myself of that and try not to let either get to me. It is, in the end, just a game, right?

    What is INFINITELY better than a Mori, however, is watching someone switching last second to a new character who has a key already equipped (keeping me from making any adjustments to counter it), watching that player burn a hatch offering to boot, then yanking them off of a totem as Ghostface right at the start of the match -- only to have them DC and rage quit. 🤣 Good times!

1 2 ›