Inner Strength

Basically useless with new ruin and the other hex perk meta

Comments

  • I think it should be buffed by merging it with small game.

    it’s a niche perk and can become useless if others cleanse totems or are also running the same perk. I’d rather run self care while playing solo, can’t rely on teammates too often.

  • That's a specific scenario though, there's always a 50/50 that a killer won't bring hex ruin and undying. Even if they do, I don't see it having a negative effect on inner strength.

  • Inner strength was always a weird perk for me personally. It's awesome how fast it heals you, but the amount of time spent getting the perk up and running (finding a totem, cleansing the totem, finding a locker, etc) would rather have me just using a medkit or self care.

    And worse yet, you'll want to leave totems standing should you want to use the inner strength ability more than once, which goes against the whole argument of "do bones".

  • It's a great perk, I always get at least one use out of it during trials.

  • @Orion said:

    It's a great perk, I always get at least one use out of it during trials.

    Agreed. And counters effects like Mangled nicely.

  • I feel like the other survivors get offended when I locker heal after a hook.

  • Also counters A Nurse's Calling and BBQ (in the sense that your aura cannot be read while you're in a locker, so you can heal without any worries). The only drawback is that, on some maps, it can be difficult to find a healing chamber (that's what I've started calling lockers when I run this perk) before the killer finds you.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1660989#Comment_1660989

    Also counters A Nurse's Calling and BBQ (in the sense that your aura cannot be read while you're in a locker, so you can heal without any worries). The only drawback is that, on some maps, it can be difficult to find a healing chamber (that's what I've started calling lockers when I run this perk) before the killer finds you.

    If they ever made a survivor perk that showed aura's lockers to you in a certain range, although useless itself, it'd have great synergy with Inner Strength.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1660989#Comment_1660989

    Also counters A Nurse's Calling and BBQ (in the sense that your aura cannot be read while you're in a locker, so you can heal without any worries). The only drawback is that, on some maps, it can be difficult to find a healing chamber (that's what I've started calling lockers when I run this perk) before the killer finds you.

    True but if there's a row of lockers a lil Quick n Quiet action can help.

    And Entity help them if you happen to have Head On equipped as well...

  • @Elena said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1660996#Comment_1660996

    If they ever made a survivor perk that showed aura's lockers to you in a certain range, although useless itself, it'd have great synergy with Inner Strength.

    I doubt anyone would run it, outside of meme builds.

    @JPLongstreet said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1660996#Comment_1660996

    True but if there's a row of lockers a lil Quick n Quiet action can help.

    And Entity help them if you happen to have Head On equipped as well...

    True.

  • I get crapped on sometimes by people when they ask why I am cleansing totems when I don’t use Inner Strength. It’s like, really? If that is the only reason people see in cleansing then it’s no wonder why we always seem to have to deal with NOED in the endgame. Can’t believe that I hear this from red and purple rankers, too.

  • @Jejune said:

    Basically useless with new ruin and the other hex perk meta

    Huh? That means its MORE useful since hopefully youre doing bones

  • @SweetTerror said:

    Inner strength was always a weird perk for me personally. It's awesome how fast it heals you, but the amount of time spent getting the perk up and running (finding a totem, cleansing the totem, finding a locker, etc) would rather have me just using a medkit or self care.

    And worse yet, you'll want to leave totems standing should you want to use the inner strength ability more than once, which goes against the whole argument of "do bones".

    Run small game, break a totem before you start doing a gen. Rinse and repeat everytime you need to heal

  • @CountVampyr said:

    I get crapped on sometimes by people when they ask why I am cleansing totems when I don’t use Inner Strength. It’s like, really? If that is the only reason people see in cleansing then it’s no wonder why we always seem to have to deal with NOED in the endgame. Can’t believe that I hear this from red and purple rankers, too.

    Always cleanse totems. Getting hit with NOED is much more annoying than having to meet up with someone to heal.

  • @CountVampyr said:

    I get crapped on sometimes by people when they ask why I am cleansing totems when I don’t use Inner Strength. It’s like, really? If that is the only reason people see in cleansing then it’s no wonder why we always seem to have to deal with NOED in the endgame. Can’t believe that I hear this from red and purple rankers, too.

    We all know lit totems give more points. Pshh.

    Why am I exposed?

  • I usually run IS and bring a medkit. That way I have at least 2 ways to heal myself if I can't find a fellow survivor.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1661124#Comment_1661124

    Always cleanse totems. Getting hit with NOED is much more annoying than having to meet up with someone to heal.

    The latest round I had an argument about this is was from a guy that died but stuck around to watch me play and critique me for hiding and searching chests rather than fix gens. It’s like, dude, I fixed a gen, worked on a couple of others, unhooked two players and healed them, had to heal myself alone three times, and I cleansed 3 totems. I was supposed to keep at the gens with two men dead against a rank 1 gunslinger doing a damn good job patrolling the remaining gens alone and without a toolbox? Get real. Which would be fine, I can handle criticism, but not when he takes the time to blame as the sole reason we lost that round.