HOW WOULD YOU CHANGE: Gearhead?
HOW WOULD YOU CHANGE?
is a mini-thread series which I've created in order for the community to tell and explain how they would change things in the game.
Today's pick: Gearhead
Tagged:
Trusted
HOW WOULD YOU CHANGE?
is a mini-thread series which I've created in order for the community to tell and explain how they would change things in the game.
Today's pick: Gearhead
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Complete rework.
Gearhead
Survivors who are repairing Generators within your Terror Radius reveal their Aura.
Survivors who stop repairing Generators within your Terror Radius reveal their Aura for 1/2/3 second(s).
Overhaul it all.
Gearhead
Gearhead activates after a survivor has been working on a generator for 30/25/20 seconds.
When Gearhead is active, the survivor repairing that generator has their aura revealed for the duration of their repairs.
Gearhead deactivates after the generator begins regression or is completed, and has a cooldown of 30 seconds.
Gearhead can only reveal the aura of one survivor at a time.
EDIT: Let me clarify these numbers are no-where near finalised and I haven't considered balance situations with them yet.
Both are very interesting!
Here's my proposal with the goal in mind of reducing the convoluted requirements for the perk and making it more straight forward.
Current Gearhead
You've got an ear for well-oiled gears.
After hitting a Survivor 2 times with your Basic Attack, Gearhead activates for 20 / 25 / 30 seconds
Each time a Survivor completes a Good Skill Check while repairing, The Generator will be revealed by a yellow Aura for as long as it is being repaired.
First off let me identify the problems with this perk.
You must hit survivors twice for this perk to activate which I believe is fair however now comes the issue with this perk. The perk activates for 30 seconds after the fact and you could either get amazing or zero value for a perk based on timing. A survivor actually NEEDS to get a skillcheck for this perk to activate and it's either useless or oppressive based on that but usually useless.
What I am going to propose would be an attempt to solve the following
You've got an ear for well-oiled gears.
After putting a Survivor into the Dying State with a basic attack, Gearhead becomes Active.
Once a Survivor starts Repairing a Generator all survivors will receive Skillchecks every 3 seconds while Repairing for the next 20 / 25 / 30 seconds. During this time all Good Skill Checks will reveal The Generator with a yellow Aura for as long as it is being repaired. Skillchecks progressively get faster the longer this perk is active.
Gearhead has a cooldown of 80 seconds.
Alright so you may ask what does this do? It seems to have restrictions like the original but what changed? Below I'll list individual changes and what the changes are meant to accomplish.
After putting a Survivor into the Dying State with a basic attack, Gearhead becomes Active.
Once a Survivor starts Repairing a Generator all survivors will receive Skillchecks every 3 seconds while Repairing for the next 20 / 25 / 30 seconds.
During this time all Good Skill Checks will reveal The Generator with a yellow Aura for as long as it is being repaired. Skillchecks progressively get faster the longer this perk is active.
Gearhead has a cooldown of 80 seconds.
Thoughts?
Since I need to be neutral in this series, I will say that it sounds pretty interesting!
Why would you need to remain neutral? If you believe it's a bad idea describe why because BHVR reads these post you know. Main thing I'm doing is identifying the problems with the perk and trying to simplify them or remove them.
tl;dr - If you think it's bad feel free to roast me. Being impartial is how a lot of things go under the radar.
Because I don't want to argue and discuss opinions. I am just here to let you all propose your ideas not discuss my own opinions.
Alright fair enough reasoning I suppose. However the thing is what happens once we post our ideas? Is there a second thread where we discuss all of them? I'd be down for a follow-up thread.
I know it's a killer perk, but do all your suggestions have to be so sadistic?
How about this: Two basic attacks and if a gen is over 85% progression, it stops for 8/10/12 seconds and glows yellow.
It's a gen protection perk so it should give you some leeway to run off to protect it.
Hmmm interresting one let's see
Gearhead
Everytime you hit a Survivor with a basic attack all generators that are being worked are displayed in a yellow aura for 4/5/6 seconds
Simple and effective i feel. Just a good thing to know which gens you need to pressure
Sounds very interesting! I can definitely see more people using Gearhead.
to be fair i did say i hadnt put any thoughts into the balancing of the numbers i just wanted a snazzy effect lol
I usually respect your expertise, but that sounds a bit too strong as a tracking perk, that leaves survivors very little counter.
Your Idea would mean most survivors knowing they need to let go before hearing the TR would only know until they hear the TR, by which it’s too late. I think that would need some sort of cool down on a successful reveal, like IAE.
My change:
Gearhead
You've got an ear for well-oiled gears.
After hitting a Survivor 2 times with your Basic Attack, Gearhead activates for 20/25/30 seconds. Whenever a survivor is working on a generator, it will be revealed to you by a yellow aura.
Basically just remove the skill check requirement to bring it more in line with Surveillance. Possibly reduce the timer a bit to maybe 10/15/20 seconds.
Well your mistake was thinking i'm an expert, or at least that i made that with balance in mind.
It was just the first thing i thought of and wrote it down without second thought. 😋
Lol, ok.
Well it’s refreshing to see honesty about not considering balance (I don’t mean that in a snarky way)
Well I’ll give you this: you thought of what would be effective.
that would be pretty broken on something like spirit.
now if we make it so while within your terror radius repairing for 3 seconds reveals them im cool because this would make it hard for spirit but better for everyone else
I was at least serious about changing Gearhead, i don't care for this Perk at all right now.
Honestly, I think Gearhead is given an unfairly bad rap.
at the very least it should be so it reveals their aura regardless of if they hit a great skill check. the time its active should also be increased.
Upon kicking 2 generators you will see total gen progression of all remaining generators identified by intensity of their auras for the next 15 seconds.
Make it where when gearhead activates aura of said good skill check survivor is revealed, and killer recieves oblivious status effect