I'm being sick of told what I can/can't use

Nooo you cant take franklins

Nooo you can't play leigion

Nooo you can't use clown either

YEP I get it you don't like it but dear god can you at least tell me what I'm allowed to play

I'm not saying this just as killer but as a surrvivor because I feel like no matter what it feels like no matter what I use its like illegal

Wanna know my builds

Litteraly

Discordance and fire up rn on legion (I just p3ed him)

And I play Steve as my surv with second wind camaraderie, kindred open handed (because its fun imo)

Ant yet its just constant complaints

And I don't know what to do anymore.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • @xGodSendDeath said:

    Why would people complain about Clown, he's a fun killer! He's not Pyramid Head, Spirit or Freddy!!

    Don't dis my boy freddy he's the only killer I don't suck at and can have with when playing killer 😂

  • Personally what you play is fine I play the 4 most meta and cruch perks (ds, adrenaline, balance or dead hard, and unbreakable or barrow time) just play what you want man whatever is fun for you don't worry about what other people say because in the end it shouldn't change the way you think of the game just have fun and enjoy the game as much as possible <3

  • I use pretty much anything I feel like although I rarely use ebony mori's keys and I never use noed or iridescent head

  • Don't let people tell you how to play. If they whine over a game then who's the real loser there? Play how you want and have fun with it

  • @ZCerebrate said:

    =====The Unofficial Official Player’s Rulebook=====

    Remember to memorize and study these materials and know them by heart – there will be a licensing exam next week for each respective side to begin playing the game again. The rules were set in stone by the opposing side but remember that the stone tablets are rather large and the players who know game design 101 best can always etch a few new rules in so stay on top of any updates to these commandments. Post-game scorescreen chat is meant for pointing out violations to the offenders themselves before reporting them to BHVR through the ingame features as these are the “issues that MUST be addressed quickly” mostly through immediate banning of said violators. If the developers could get to physically making these rules hardcoded into the game mechanics - all the players will now be living in happy rainbow land and these forums would be completely devoid of complaints ever again.

    P.S. This is purely for fun so put down the pitchforks. If you have any to add please comment down below and I’ll edit them in with credits to you.

    Remember in the reality that most of us live in... the game's only real hard line to avoid crossing is abusing actual hacks/cheats and unintended exploits. It is also not advised to Disconnect from games for any reason including facing players who are not following these “rules” below which is clearly against the Developers’ wishes even in the current interim where they are trying to fix the system that enforces their own policy.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/TMHBUN23U2D1/dbd-killer-chuckles-large.png

    I. Killer’s Rulebook as revised by Survivors

    1) You shall not use an Ebony or Ivory Momento Mori offerings. A Yellow Cypress Mori will be allowed but still in poor taste because a Hidden Offering makes survivors assume it’s the first two. By extension using a Shroud of Separation is also frowned upon because it is another secret offering that survivors will assume is a Pink or Purple Mori.

    2) You must not use Most Iridescent or Very Rare Addons especially ones that give your killer a much stronger advantage whether it be Expose on hit or the ability to see auras through walls. These are strictly against the rules and deserves being buried alive for daring to equip them – especially if you try to use a Black Hand offering to preserve them.

    3) You may not slug a target for more than 5 seconds after the initial 3.33 seconds (default time to wipe the blood off your weapon). Leaving them on the ground to chase someone else nearby especially one who is injured and carrying a flashlight is a blatant disregard for the “fair play survivor” rule. Staring at a wall while picking up is also against the rules.

    4) You must never camp or be suspected of camping. Upon hooking a survivor you must go to the opposite corner of the map while mentally counting to 30 in your head. If you haven’t found another survivor to chase within this time AND the hooked survivor has been rescued and fully healed – you may now return to that area.

    5) You must never tunnel or be suspected of tunneling a survivor. If you are following the anti-camping rule and all survivors are healthy but maybe look alike (4 Claudettes for example) – you may injure (not down) each one until you find one that you have not hooked yet. You MUST evenly spread hook states among a survivor team, meaning if 3 survivors have been hooked one time each then the last survivor with zero hooks MUST be the next to be placed on hook or you are guilty of tunneling the survivors.

    6) You must never defend Hex Totems as they are no longer your responsibility after choosing the perk, which should already be frowned upon anyway. If the survivor found a Hex Totem then it is now claimed by the discovering party and no longer a property of the killer. Upon discovering a totem being cleansed, you (the killer) will then immediately step a minimum of 30m away until the totem is broken for Objective points before being allowed to chase the totem breaking survivor.

    7) You must never equip the perk “Hex: No One Escapes Death” also known as NOED. It’s a “beginner’s” perk that punishes bad play and habits. Any killer new or old, who use the movement speed bonus and exposed status to secure a kill are automatically bad and deserve to experience Dante's 9 circles of hells. This is regardless of how the rest of the match went – whether 3 people were already dead before Noed activated when the hatch was closed or if all 4 survivors haven’t been hooked yet when all the generators finished. Choosing to use this perk is admitting that you will have a sad meaningless life alone where no one will remember you when you pass.

    8) You cannot play any of the “strong” chase killers like: Nurse, Spirit, Huntress, Deathslinger, Executioner or Clown. You cannot play any of the instant down killers like: Oni, Hillbilly, Cannibal, Ghostface or the Shape. You cannot play any of the “boring” killers like Freddy, Legion, Pig, Plague, Doctor, or Hag. This leaves Blight, Demogorgon, Wraith, and Trapper as they are “fun” to play against but you cannot use Green, Purple or Pink addons especially on the latter two because it makes them too strong.

    9) If any survivor disconnects whether it be intentionally or not, the rest of the survivors now deserve to be left unhindered in doing all their generators and leaving. A friendly “farming” session will be tolerated if the survivors are feeling generous. By extension of this rule, the 4th survivor deserves to be given hatch regardless of suicides or disconnects but doubly so if there was at least one of those. If you down the final survivor before he can make it to the hatch on his own – it is your responsibility as the killer to carry him or her to the hatch and drop him on top of it.

    10) You are not allowed to abuse “map mechanics” like going upstairs to drop down on a survivor in Crotus Prenn Asylum’s main building. Anything like that is underhanded as you didn’t just kick the pallet or vault the window directly behind the survivor… pretending to know that survivors can duck under your FOV when you are vaulting is also illegal.

    11) You may not chase anyone who does not want to be chased especially if someone else is presenting themselves to you while clicking their flashlight with mouse wheel. Just like the "No means No" and your "What is sexual harassment or unwanted attention" classes at work - Dead By Daylight is supposed to be a safe space.

    12) You may not break chase to interrupt or get an easy hit on a survivor who is standing in the open or on a generator nearby. Remember you have to allow them to do generators or you are preventing them from playing the game.

    13) You cannot use any perks that expose the survivors to a one shot down is against fairplay – no matter the circumstances or conditions required. This extends doubly to NOED but Make your choice, Hex: Haunted Grounds, Hex: Devour Hope, Rancor, Iron Maiden, Dragon’s Grip.

    14) You may not use any perks that help you find the survivors with BBQ and Chili being the only exception since you too need bloodpoints. Just promise not to use that information effectively – go into the corner and count to 30 instead before resuming freeze tag. These perks include but are not limited to: Whispers, Stridor, Nurse’s Calling, I’m All Ears, Surveillancem Thrilling Tremors and Infectious Fright.

    15) You may not use perks that encroach on any survivor’s enjoyment of the game namely: Franklin’s Demise, Lightborn, Hangman’s Trick but also any perks that facilitate the crimes listed above such as Knock Out, etc.

    16) You may never fake or spam the initial use of your power whether to bait the survivor into trying to dodge OR getting zoned away from safety. This includes but is not limited to Wraith's Bell, Deathslinger's Scope, Doctor's Shock Animation, Demogorgon's Killer Instinct before a Shred. (Credits to MrPenguin)

    17) At most you will use a single slowdown perk or addon as any more in combination creates a "Forever' game and seeing red bars falls into the "not fun" category. (Credits to MrPenguin)

    Final) Remember at the end of the day the enjoyment of the majority (aka the four survivors) is more important than your personal enjoyment as the solo player as you are only one against numerous equally paying customers. Their enjoyment and experience with the game should outnumber yours by at least 4 times. If you disagree with any of the above it means you are obviously a whiny killer main.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/XHDCP2MKU2OA/survivor.jpg

    II. Survivors rulebook revised by killers with input from other survivors

    1) You shall not bring in a Skeleton or Dull key. A Green Broken Key will be allowed if you don’t attach a Blood Amber addon but it’s in poor taste because the Killer can’t help but think it’s a Pink or Purple key anyway.

    2) You must not use any Iridescent or very rare items and addons of any kind. This includes but are not limited to any special yellow rarity items from events, Rainbow Maps, Ranger Med-Kits, Engineer’s/Alex’s Toolboxes, Anti-Haemorrhagic Syringes, Styptic Agents, Brand New Parts, Crystal Beads, Milky Glasses, Weaved Rings, etc.

    3) Survivors are not allowed to play with their friends, family or significant others. This is especially true if they are using voice software, or their phones… or voice software on their phones similar in function to a group call. You should also not be within shouting distance of one another in the household as that is also an illegal form of communication.

    4) You must not do your objective “too quickly”, especially while the killer is busy chasing another survivor. Working on a generator when you are not within the terror radius of the killer is blatantly “generator rushing” but keep in mind that it is also bad manners to finish a generator while the killer is within 15m and actively heading toward you to stop it from completing. Standing around and learning new skills like sign language (but not at the killer as that would be considered taunting) is a valuable use of your time while you are waiting on the “cooldown” time inbetween generators that must only be worked on one at a time.

    5) Stealth is against the rules, make sure you tip your hat “but not too loudly as noise explosions can startle the killer” as a sign of respect by running at least within 10m in front of them to begin a chase and to leave some scratch marks. Hiding out of sight or in a locker until the killer leaves is “not interactive” and “unfun” for the killer regardless of whatever perceived risk you think you are taking. Perks that include but not limited to Urban Evasion, Iron Will, Quick and Quiet should now be considered for removal from the game as they are “too powerful” for hiding. By extension of this, using lockers and trying to use generator auras to hide from a killer’s BBQ and Chili is to be considered an exploit.

    6) You must never loop optimally by hugging an object or wall closely, especially so if you are using the same tileset more than once. For example if you use a pallet loop – you MUST drop the pallet upon your first loop through the tileset as any additional time is bad for the killer’s mental health. Keep in mind that pre-dropping pallets is also against the rules especially if the killer doesn’t have an ability to completely circumvent it. It should also be mentioned that stunning the killer without trading a health state for it is also “abusing” the high number of pallets compared to the 4 survivors who can use them.

    7) By extension of rule 5, You cannot use any “strong” loops such as but not limited to the main buildings of Crotus Prenn Asylum, Mother’s Dwelling, Ironworks of Misery and Groaning Storehouse.

    8) You must not “abuse” hit box collision to stand in a doorway or choke point to prevent the killer from running through it without hitting you. This is called “bodyblocking” and preventing the killer from hitting their intended target (most likely exposed or wounded) AND taking away their bloodlust is against the rules.

    9) You must never commit the crime of using the Decisive Strike perk. This will lead to you and three generations of your family being cursed with bad luck for daring to equip the most powerful of second chance, anti-momentum, anti-tunnel perks. Object of Obsession, Unbreakable, Borrowed Time, Dead Hard, Adrenaline, Deliverance and Head On perks also receive the same considerations as crimes against the playerbase.

    10) As an extension from the Killer’s handbook that NOED is not allowed, this point was added by other survivors for their own rulebook. Cleansing dull totems is a waste of time and you are “actively throwing” the game by doing these. Remember only one generator can be worked on at a time so while the other survivor is being chased, 2 survivors should be working on miming skills or tying shoelaces tighter to get ready to rescue and not doing the only other objective on the map.

    11) If a killer kicks a generator, you may not touch it again to stop it’s regression until the generator has full regressed back to 0. This is especially true if the killer forgot to bring his Pop Goes the Weasel perk or comparable slowdown options.

    12) Burning a Map offering to any map that is believed to be unfavorable for any of the numerous killers will be sent to an internment camp for “reeducation”. Users burning Strode Realty Keys for Haddonfield or Damaged Photos for Ormond will result in being sent to a WW2 Concentration Camp.

    13) Attempting to unhook yourself (Especially since Deliverance is a crime) is fine, but successfully unhooking yourself with that 4%+ Luck offerings is not. If you do manage to unhook yourself - you must crouch and wait there under hook until the killer returns to place you back onto the same hook.

    14) Tapping the crouch button more than once especially after a successful pallet stun is grounds for immediate ban from the game. This is called Teabagging and can ONLY be used with other survivors when not in direct line of sight of the killer as a way to mime words or crude sign language (Learning Morse Code may be advised). Waiting at the gate or above an open hatch while spamming crouch repeatedly will have you, the survivor, drawn and quartered in the town square.

    15) You may not wear any of the darker cosmetics that blend in with the environment especially on any of the "dark"er skinned survivors like Claudette Morel, Adam Francis or Detective David Tapp is abusing the killers. You must immediately equip the brightest default costumes or highlighter bright options you have bought or risk being removed from the game permanently.

    16) You may not 99% any of the gates to play around the Blood Warden perk. You may not stay at or near the gates/hatch as leave as soon as possible if you are already planning to leave. Waiting for the killer to show up to get or give additional bloodpoints is highly offensive. (Credits to MrPenguin)

    17) You may not stack items - an additional max of only 2 of the 4 survivors may bring in unique items meaning no double med kit or double toolboxes. The other two survivors must unequip their items if they already see two survivors with items on load in as it's first come first serve when you are playing solo queue. Being late to the lobby means you have no rights to bring in an item. (Credits to MrPenguin)

    Final) Remember at the end of the day the enjoyment of the killer who is tasked with far more responsibility and “stress” during a match is more important than each individual survivor who is only ultimately worth a quarter of a complete human being each. If you disagree with any of the above, obviously you are an entitled survivor main.

    If you're playing killer and trying to follow "The Survivor Handbook", the only "allowed" killers are Trapper, Wraith, Blight, and Demo. The rest are too strong, boring, or have one shots.

    Or you could just play your own way since everyone will find something they don't like.

  • @Zani22 said:

    Nooo you cant take franklins

    Nooo you can't play leigion

    Nooo you can't use clown either

    YEP I get it you don't like it but dear god can you at least tell me what I'm allowed to play

    I'm not saying this just as killer but as a surrvivor because I feel like no matter what it feels like no matter what I use its like illegal

    Wanna know my builds

    Litteraly

    Discordance and fire up rn on legion (I just p3ed him)

    And I play Steve as my surv with second wind camaraderie, kindred open handed (because its fun imo)

    Ant yet its just constant complaints

    And I don't know what to do anymore.

    Is that guy your dad/mom/wife/husband?

    No? Well they can shove it then

  • Can't play legion? Lmao they aren't that great as other killers, it's just because he's annoying

  • @Zani22 said:

    Nooo you cant take franklins

    Nooo you can't play leigion

    Nooo you can't use clown either

    YEP I get it you don't like it but dear god can you at least tell me what I'm allowed to play

    I'm not saying this just as killer but as a surrvivor because I feel like no matter what it feels like no matter what I use its like illegal

    Wanna know my builds

    Litteraly

    Discordance and fire up rn on legion (I just p3ed him)

    And I play Steve as my surv with second wind camaraderie, kindred open handed (because its fun imo)

    Ant yet its just constant complaints

    And I don't know what to do anymore.

    Literally do whatever you want just dont swf with smol pp build on every person. Thats tru cancer lol

  • @Creepa99 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1661224#Comment_1661224

    I said little to no skill. The only one that takes 100% no skill is unlimited tier 3 Myers + tombstone.

    Yes and you are incorrect about all of them Oni especially. Unlimited t3 myers is super easy to counter and youre likely to lose more games than win. Have you actually played as unlimited t3 myers? If you did youd know why this is a silly thing to say

  • Does this mean I can run any survivor perk build without getting hate for it as well? For example Ds and Unbreakable

  • Yeah killer lives matter

  • As long as your having fun and not being a hacker jerk face then play what ever you want as your perks like I give up caring what other people say like last week I let my daughter play my game and I'm rank 1 got so much hate for failing skill checks and not reaching a person til they hit struggle my daughter is 6 and just told my daughter they said good job keep practicing 😂😂😂

  • @Xyvielia said:

    Everyday there’s more bullying about

    BT/DS/UB/DH

    I seldom, if ever, even use these perks, and I find those tyrannical tactics against people who do, mildly oppressive and intimidating.

    Perks are perks, some get nerfed, some get buffed... if you have them, use them.

    Adhere to the regulations, don’t be toxic

    Play your game and let them play theirs.

    No matter what, don’t be rude & have fun!

    while I agree with you, being toxic isn't a set and stone thing, as it depends on what people consider toxic. People may think running ds and unbreakable inside a locker/running noed and tunnel/camp is toxic, others stretch it to be just playing the game to be toxic. What if you do something generally considered toxic, but not yourself? even if you know what you are doing, who is going to know about it other than the person intentionally being toxic?

    Once again, I agree with you, it's just it's not so simple to just "not be toxic".

  • As a Legion main, I have one thing to say to you...

    Play Legion and let them cry.


    Seriously though, I had someone tell me I should only play Nurse and Spirit. Then I said teach me. Then they refused to. So, ya know, you be Legion.

  • No one can tell you what to do though lmao

  • @Eorpwald said:

    Imagine the killer backlash if a survivor said they wanted to use DS, Invisidette and purple lights.

    Just use whatever you wanna use. Am perks and tactics are valid. Now stop making pointless threads about nonsense for attention.

    Be respectful.

    Its ironic that you support them playing however they want, but tell them what they can’t post on the forum that’s related to DBD.

    Just be kind. Unless they’re breaking forum rules, keep that kind of opinion to yourself.

  • @Dabihwow said:

    Play the way you want man,I play clown in Red ranks a lot and I still enjoy it

    Same, and a build I often run is Distressing, Coulrophobia, Sloppy, and Forced Penance (I want to keep survivors injured).

    And I’ll STILL get survivors RQ, or send awful messages complaining about Clown and my strategy. But from the same match I’ll get messages from different survivors saying I’m a trash noob for using Clown and “bad perks”, AFTER THEY’VE LOST. Go figure...

  • @Ramxenoc445 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/196080/im-being-sick-of-told-what-i-can-cant-use

    Franklin's is a waste of a perk to me. Especially now they don't lose charges and can still pick the items up. Sure if they don't go get it the entity takes it, but I'm not guarding it so they can go get it. Just my opinion though but as everyone is saying use what you want.

    Nah I LOVE Franklins. It sets up ridiculously easy extra hits because you just KNOW Blendette is gonna panic and try and come back for her purple flashlight or key before it disappears.

    If you’re not patrolling within range of the dropped item, the killer is using Franklins wrong, and ignoring an obvious and predictable survivor behaviour.

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1661111#Comment_1661111

    Same, and a build I often run is Distressing, Coulrophobia, Sloppy, and Forced Penance (I want to keep survivors injured).

    And I’ll STILL get survivors RQ, or send awful messages complaining about Clown and my strategy. But from the same match I’ll get messages from different survivors saying I’m a trash noob for using Clown and “bad perks”, AFTER THEY’VE LOST. Go figure...

    In my opinion survivors are sometimes the most childish part of this whole community

  • @Dabihwow said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1663978#Comment_1663978

    In my opinion survivors are sometimes the most childish part of this whole community

    They can be, but killers don’t get a free pass. There are killers that rant about genuinely serious problems, and those that complain everything is unfair unless the survivors just stand still and take hits.

  • @Zani22 said:

    Nooo you cant take franklins

    Nooo you can't play leigion

    Nooo you can't use clown either

    YEP I get it you don't like it but dear god can you at least tell me what I'm allowed to play

    I'm not saying this just as killer but as a surrvivor because I feel like no matter what it feels like no matter what I use its like illegal

    Wanna know my builds

    Litteraly

    Discordance and fire up rn on legion (I just p3ed him)

    And I play Steve as my surv with second wind camaraderie, kindred open handed (because its fun imo)

    Ant yet its just constant complaints

    And I don't know what to do anymore.

    Well tell them to stuff it play the way you want to and don let ANYONE tell you not to play legion (legion main) just don't be toxic that's it and if there salty then f#@k him

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1664055#Comment_1664055

    They can be, but killers don’t get a free pass. There are killers that rant about genuinely serious problems, and those that complain everything is unfair unless the survivors just stand still and take hits.

    Well yeah that is true, but I tend to see it more for survivors then killers sadly

  • @Dead_by_Gadfly said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1661657#Comment_1661657

    Yes and you are incorrect about all of them Oni especially. Unlimited t3 myers is super easy to counter and youre likely to lose more games than win. Have you actually played as unlimited t3 myers? If you did youd know why this is a silly thing to say

    @Dead_by_Gadfly said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1661657#Comment_1661657

    Yes and you are incorrect about all of them Oni especially. Unlimited t3 myers is super easy to counter and youre likely to lose more games than win. Have you actually played as unlimited t3 myers? If you did youd know why this is a silly thing to say

    I have played him many times and it's extremely easy actually. It's not easy to counter especially with moris.

  • Play whatever killer you want. If the survivors don't like it, they can go play something else.

    Yes, there are killer's I hate going up against, but it's part of the game. You need to learn to adapt to your opponent.

    Anyone who has a problem with your choice of character and skills maybe doesn't enjoy the game as much as they think they do. It is they that needs to change something, not you.

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1661285#Comment_1661285

    Nah I LOVE Franklins. It sets up ridiculously easy extra hits because you just KNOW Blendette is gonna panic and try and come back for her purple flashlight or key before it disappears.

    If you’re not patrolling within range of the dropped item, the killer is using Franklins wrong, and ignoring an obvious and predictable survivor behaviour.

    I guess that's fair especially on people that bring in items they rely on. I usually just wait till they're chasing someone else but that's only if it's something I brought in if not I leave it.

  • Ignore what every other person says and just play what you want. What's the point in playing if you can't enjoy it I'm your own way, using characters you want to use?

  • I read that title and the first thing I could think of is John's speech to the intro of their live performance of "Awake & Alive"...

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vQivCUzqAo&ab_channel=SparkletronPrime


    But in more seriouness, I understand you. I had a period where I just did whatever I wanted to. If I wanted to play Freddy, I played him, if I wanted to play in a scummy way, I did. But you gotta realize that survivors are here to have fun as well. Only doing what you want is not fixing the issue, it's making it worse.


    However, if a survivor openly tells you what to do and what not to do, then I feel like that's just being entitled, and a person that simply doesn't care what other people want. The term "treat others how you want to be treated" may not work particuarly well here, but if more people can open themselves up to the idea of everyone having fun instead of complaint after complaint, then maybe we can get a better community.

1 2 ›