Hello. Why isn't the Cypress Memento Mori provided by default ?!
I honestly ask myself this question too but ONLY because you get the dailies for the killers where you have to kill the survivors. I just throw those dailies away because I definitely don't want Moris to be provided by default.
But thats bs anyway. What are you supposed to do when only one survivor is remaining and he still have DS besides waiting it out or risk a potentially hatch escape.
I "think" they are saying that a Mori by default would potentially screw over the last Survivor if they have an unused DS available because the Mori would bypass the picking up for a hook. While that is true in theory, that is NOT why they are not provided by default as that is a very niche situation that just won't come up that often. Moreover, some things screw over other things all the time. The Cypress Mori isn't provided by default because of the Lore, i.e. getting to kill a Survivor by one's own hand rather than sacrificing them on the hook is considered a "treat" provided by the Entity.
IMO it should be default, and the other Moris are removed from regular gameplay but left in KYF. What is their purpose? They're overpowered items that should be used as a handicap. I.E. if a new player is playing with his experienced friends, they'll let him bring the red mori to balance the game.
But thats bs anyway. What are you supposed to do when only one survivor is remaining and he still have DS besides waiting it out or risk a potentially hatch escape.
Yeah it is. I don't say that's good, but tgat's probably the reason it's not basekit.
If they the last person how would they even get off the hook unless someone died while they was on the ground
someone could have Borrowed Time rescued them, the person that made the save has left, whilst the person that was unhooked goes down, and the DS timer is still active.
someone could have Borrowed Time rescued them, the person that made the save has left, whilst the person that was unhooked goes down, and the DS timer is still active.
Left like endgame? If that's the case endgame ds is already an issue. This could easily get rid of it. But if they left like the hatch then I say they shouldn't be able to be mori'd
But thats bs anyway. What are you supposed to do when only one survivor is remaining and he still have DS besides waiting it out or risk a potentially hatch escape.
Exactly. Default Cypress Moris would just end the game quicker. I bleeded often enough because the killer was afraid of a non existent DS
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I honestly ask myself this question too but ONLY because you get the dailies for the killers where you have to kill the survivors. I just throw those dailies away because I definitely don't want Moris to be provided by default.
Because DS. If you can mori the person for free, why should you worry about anything else?
You know what a cypress mori is right?
You do realize cypress only works if they the last one left, right?
The last person alive can have an active DS timer.
But... what the hell does DS have to do with moris???!?!?!??
The last Person can have an active DS timer.
Nothing, but that's the reason it's not baseline i think.
But thats bs anyway. What are you supposed to do when only one survivor is remaining and he still have DS besides waiting it out or risk a potentially hatch escape.
I "think" they are saying that a Mori by default would potentially screw over the last Survivor if they have an unused DS available because the Mori would bypass the picking up for a hook. While that is true in theory, that is NOT why they are not provided by default as that is a very niche situation that just won't come up that often. Moreover, some things screw over other things all the time. The Cypress Mori isn't provided by default because of the Lore, i.e. getting to kill a Survivor by one's own hand rather than sacrificing them on the hook is considered a "treat" provided by the Entity.
IMO it should be default, and the other Moris are removed from regular gameplay but left in KYF. What is their purpose? They're overpowered items that should be used as a handicap. I.E. if a new player is playing with his experienced friends, they'll let him bring the red mori to balance the game.
And you couldn't just slug the person for the next 30 seconds?
If they the last person how would they even get off the hook unless someone died while they was on the ground
Yeah it is. I don't say that's good, but tgat's probably the reason it's not basekit.
someone could have Borrowed Time rescued them, the person that made the save has left, whilst the person that was unhooked goes down, and the DS timer is still active.
Left like endgame? If that's the case endgame ds is already an issue. This could easily get rid of it. But if they left like the hatch then I say they shouldn't be able to be mori'd
I think Moris are older than DS
Exactly. Default Cypress Moris would just end the game quicker. I bleeded often enough because the killer was afraid of a non existent DS
Its not free if its the last person left, at that point the survivors have lost