Advice for those new to Michael Myers
I play both Survivor and Killer, but the only Killer I play (at least until I feel I've gotten down completely) is Michael Myers. Of late I am running into a metric ton of newbie Mikey players. It is hurting me watch you. I want to give you a few tips.
- Unless you are choosing to play a Mikey limited to Tier-1 (Scratch Mirror) with wall hacks, it should NOT be your goal to stay at Tier-1 all match. It isn't good for you. You should be stalking and getting to Tier-2 as quickly as possible. You do this by pressing the left trigger while in line of sight with a Survivor. The closer you are the more evil you will gain.
- I know you want that one kill at least so you don't feel you utterly failed, but face camping that one guy is not productive to you in the long run. Hook'em and hunt for more. The worst thing that will happen is someone will unhook that person, and if you caught them once, chances are you will catch them again. You need practice hunting and stalking. Sitting there at point blank range is not useful.
- If you are going to camp at Tier-1 move off enough to at least get some other Survivors to take the bait. Grab them when they come to do the unhook.
- At Tier-3 you get Insta-down, for however long Tier-3 lasts. Slug and slug and slug again. Don't lose time hooking if you can avoid it. Remember that you cannot stalk while you are in Tier-3.
- Take Play With Your Food.
Comments
Tl;dr: Stare n stab.
Thank you, I'm favoriting this as I'm leveling him up now.
@Moundshroud Thanks, this was helpful. In the handful of matches I've played as him it's been really hit or miss, so I'll try your tips. Especially #4- my first inclination has always been to down and hook.
LOL! 🤣 You poor thing.
Another useful tip, but more advanced deals with the Perk: Object of Obsession. While you are in Tier-1 they cannot see you but you can see their aura if you are looking their direction while they are looking towards yours. The only thing that happens for them while you are in Tier-1 is their HUD lights up so they know they are looking the right direction; that's it. This means at the start of the match you have the best chance to eliminate this threat. If you see that one Survivor aura showing up, you go for them. Make them a priority at the very start of the match and get them on a hook. Once you go to Tier-2 you will be able to see each other when looking the right direction.
There has been a big uptick in the use of OoO so the SWF can abuse it. So, I say use your Tier-1 while you are finding the Survivors to home in on them fast (or at least that one).
Thanks man now I'll be able to make people believe in the boogeyman even though I mained him for months! /s on a real note nice guide
I didn't O_O
Why PWYF tho? I'm a Myers main myself and I don't use it.
My build is corrupt, save the best for last, monitor and Abuse, and BBQ.
You forgot this really helpful tip:
Go play Ghostface instead.
Michael will remember that. After Laurie and one other target you are next.
Newbies Myers need it. I don't use it anymore either, but when you first get started, and it is harder to Tier up, collecting those speed stacks helps. Good practice. :) Remember they don't have all those other Perks yet.
Excuse me?
EXCUSE ME?
idk man, he's not wrong
Big talk for someone who has a post saying they main Myers
Heads up for anyone wanting this build- Monitor & Abuse is currently in the Shrine of Secrets.
YES
Just make all the survivors believe in the boogeyman.
My personal advice is only two things. 1 is dont pop t3 asap. Wait until its a good time to pop it.
2 is if you're stalking but can get a hit, take the ######### hit.
Personally, I'm thrilled to see so many Myers out and about as we head into October. I just want to make sure you can be the best Killers you can be. So I gave it a bit more thought and this is what I would add as far as Add-ons and a few other things..