What on earth happened to Blight?

I dunno what the devs did to his power this patch, but I swear he slides on so many more objects now. Cars on haddonfield, trees and crates on swamp, etc. There just seem to be a bunch of things he simply can't bounce of for whatever reason. Its one thing if you miss an object, its another if you directly hit it but somehow slide off.

Am I just imagining things? Or what did the devs change?

Comments

  • No idea cause the blights have disappeared. I might play 1 every couple days now.

  • No clue but the only thing it seems to consistently happen with is hills

  • You’re not alone in this. Tru3 keeps saying it as well.

    Good news is it happened to McLean on stream and he says he will improve it when he’s back from vacation whenever that is. So they are aware that there are improvements to be made.

  • Maybe while they are at it they can raise the camera to a reasonable height not his crotch

  • I'm so glad i'm not alone on this, he slides off everything in the badham school backyard (the one near the white fence with the small toy car), a lot of rocks in the swamp, hills and a LOT of cars

  • It's definitely been changed and the fact that it wasn't on purpose worries me. If Blight's collision ends up being like the sound where it gets altered at random anytime something unrelated is changed imma have to drop him.

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    You’re not alone in this. Tru3 keeps saying it as well.

    Good news is it happened to McLean on stream and he says he will improve it when he’s back from vacation whenever that is. So they are aware that there are improvements to be made.

    That's good at least, phew

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1649184#Comment_1649184

    Meh, considering Nurse is still suffering from a lot of bugs since her rework and they barely addressed those (btw the worse maps to play her are the most recent ones, especially new Yamaoka and Midwich) I really doubt they'll fix Blight anytime soon.

    What nurse bugs are there? I keep seeing people mention bugs about her, but I never knew which one it was. Is it her fatigue?

  • @Shenanigan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1649500#Comment_1649500

    What nurse bugs are there? I keep seeing people mention bugs about her, but I never knew which one it was. Is it her fatigue?

    There is still an entire hallway in Midwich that she cannot port through, SINCE Silent Hill PTB and they haven't fixed it.

  • @Clockso Thats where McLean was having problems too next to Badham school

    @ElementDoom Apparently there was a change to Blight but he wasnt sure if it was in the most recent hotfix or the one before, and I cant remember what he said exactly so i dont want to misquote but I think they were unsure of the effects of that. Maybe it is that change afterall.

  • @Ev13698324 said:

    I dunno what the devs did to his power this patch, but I swear he slides on so many more objects now. Cars on haddonfield, trees and crates on swamp, etc. There just seem to be a bunch of things he simply can't bounce of for whatever reason. Its one thing if you miss an object, its another if you directly hit it but somehow slide off.

    Am I just imagining things? Or what did the devs change?

    I've been sliding off that 3 Tyre stacks constantly even when approaching it head on. Same with the hills.

  • @BigBrainMegMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1649507#Comment_1649507

    There is still an entire hallway in Midwich that she cannot port through, SINCE Silent Hill PTB and they haven't fixed it.

    Oooooooh ok I see

  • Some rocks in swamp map has no collision at all. I aim directly at the center of the rock twice, no collision.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1649507#Comment_1649507

    It's mostly structures that she simply cannot blink through (no matter how much you charge it, you end up not even moving). Examples that I can think of are Midwich corridors, some structures in Dead Dawg Saloon, rocks in Yamaoka Estate, the upper part of the Ironworks building, the upper part of those ports in the Swamp, catwalks in Hawkins, etc. These are just some that I can remember being cucked on, but there are probably even more.

    Those aren't the bad ones.


    The bad ones consist of:

    • The game soft-locking if you blink immediately after hooking a survivor (I heard it was fixed in this hotfix, but I doubt it).
    • Randomly being unable to use your second blink at all until you hook (or sometimes hit) another survivor.
    • Nurse's lunge being inconsistent.

    I'm sure they'll fix blight, as he's new and survivors like to play against him, but they abandoned Nurse when people realized the rework broke her completely.