I don't really think it's going to be meta. You gotta' unhook someone before your first hook. If you get hooked before you can save someone, it does nothing. If more than one person is running it, someone's going to get the unhook while the other guy has to wait for another person to be hooked. And even then, you're broken for a minute, so goodbye healing under the hook.
In my experience, there's no shortage of people sprinting over carelessly to unhook me as is, so at best it would only save me in those very rare cases where everyone just decides to do their own generator thinking someone else is going to save me as I sit there bleeding out. More unbreakable tier than DS tier. Most of the time you won't need it (and it actually puts you at a disadvantage because you can't heal), but some of the time it can really save you.
I don't really think it's going to be meta. You gotta' unhook someone before your first hook. If you get hooked before you can save someone, it does nothing. If more than one person is running it, someone's going to get the unhook while the other guy has to wait for another person to be hooked. And even then, you're broken for a minute, so goodbye healing under the hook.
In my experience, there's no shortage of people sprinting over carelessly to unhook me as is, so at best it would only save me in those very rare cases where everyone just decides to do their own generator thinking someone else is going to save me as I sit there bleeding out. More unbreakable tier than DS tier. Most of the time you won't need it (and it actually puts you at a disadvantage because you can't heal), but some of the time it can really save you.
Be Honest this will be better than decisive strike tier although it is a one time use perk if you're good at looping the killer you'll survive long enough to heal yourself while other do the Gens.
Imagine this first guy you find gives you a good chase in 15 seconds 1 gen is done. you're still chasing a guy 2min another gen is done. you finally down him he DS you and floats away another gen is done. You go for somebody else that's a easy target down and hook him just to have him saved by the first guy right in your face. you decide that's it you gonna kill him.(first guy) you chase him down him and finally hook him 1 gen left. desperate you run to the nearest gen to only have him jump off hook and float away again.
knowing you ain't going to catch him you go for another target another gen is done GG
you have 3 more survivors with who knows what perks
God damn people are so up in arms about Deliverance.
The Survivor who self-unhooks needs to first make a Safe Unhook, in which the Survivor they unhook needs to not go down again for 15 seconds after being unhooked.
Then, if they do manage it, they are Broken for a full minute (at tier 3), and can't heal. They don't instantly become healthy after losing Broken, so they still need to escape if you've been chasing them, to heal, and that takes longer.
Broken isn't No Mither - the Survivor will leave blood trails and still make injured groans. Turn your volume up and listen.
Or you can just waste your time to camp them on hook until they hit Phase 2 so they can't use it at all.
It's your choice.
So why would you run a perk that gives you the disadvantages of No Mither with none of the advantages for a significant amount of time after the unhook?
Deliverance is the most overrated of the new perks IMO.
@FrenziedRoach said:
Question, how many people run No Mither?
So why would you run a perk that gives you the disadvantages of No Mither with none of the advantages for a significant amount of time after the unhook?
Deliverance is the most overrated of the new perks IMO.
Yet some will claim it's op despite it's very obvious disadvantages and situational use..
@FrenziedRoach said:
Question, how many people run No Mither?
So why would you run a perk that gives you the disadvantages of No Mither with none of the advantages for a significant amount of time after the unhook?
Deliverance is the most overrated of the new perks IMO.
Yet some will claim it's op despite it's very obvious disadvantages and situational use..
I thought I never had to say this but that's what a biased killer main would say.
I don't care for Deliverance, mostly because I want the items I bring in to be of worth. If I am caught and hooked first, it becomes a wasted perk slot. Honestly, this perk is a bit over-hyped. I honestly doubt it will become an effective meta. If all 4 people use Deliverance, it is guaranteed that at least one person cannot use it. If anything, Deliverance might actually encourage camping.
@CoolAKn said:
I don't care for Deliverance, mostly because I want the items I bring in to be of worth. If I am caught and hooked first, it becomes a wasted perk slot. Honestly, this perk is a bit over-hyped. I honestly doubt it will become an effective meta. If all 4 people use Deliverance, it is guaranteed that at least one person cannot use it. If anything, Deliverance might actually encourage camping.
Realistically speaking, it would guarantee that at least two people can't use Deliverance.
But I digress.
So why would you run a perk that gives you the disadvantages of No Mither with none of the advantages for a significant amount of time after the unhook?
Deliverance is the most overrated of the new perks IMO.
I use NM, I'm actually gonna use Deliverance when the chapter drops since I already have the broken status effect permanently. People just don't know how much damage a kobe can do to killers since it removes all momentum.
So why would you run a perk that gives you the disadvantages of No Mither with none of the advantages for a significant amount of time after the unhook?
Deliverance is the most overrated of the new perks IMO.
I use NM, I'm actually gonna use Deliverance when the chapter drops since I already have the broken status effect permanently. People just don't know how much damage a kobe can do to killers since it removes all momentum.
as the three killers stated they'll face camp you untold 2nd phase so that you can't use your perk but what they don't realize is that you'll just Kobe off hook get your invincibility frames and dead hard right over a window and loop them for 30min
So why would you run a perk that gives you the disadvantages of No Mither with none of the advantages for a significant amount of time after the unhook?
Deliverance is the most overrated of the new perks IMO.
I use NM, I'm actually gonna use Deliverance when the chapter drops since I already have the broken status effect permanently. People just don't know how much damage a kobe can do to killers since it removes all momentum.
inb4 Deliverance's Broken status effect removes No Mither's when it runs out.
So why would you run a perk that gives you the disadvantages of No Mither with none of the advantages for a significant amount of time after the unhook?
Deliverance is the most overrated of the new perks IMO.
I use NM, I'm actually gonna use Deliverance when the chapter drops since I already have the broken status effect permanently. People just don't know how much damage a kobe can do to killers since it removes all momentum.
inb4 Deliverance's Broken status effect removes No Mither's when it runs out.
@CoolAKn said:
I don't care for Deliverance, mostly because I want the items I bring in to be of worth. If I am caught and hooked first, it becomes a wasted perk slot. Honestly, this perk is a bit over-hyped. I honestly doubt it will become an effective meta. If all 4 people use Deliverance, it is guaranteed that at least one person cannot use it. If anything, Deliverance might actually encourage camping.
Realistically speaking, it would guarantee that at least two people can't use Deliverance.
But I digress.
Well technically...
S1 gets hooked, S2 unhooks. S2 gets hooked, Deliverance unhooks, S1 gets hooked the second time, S3 unhooks. S3 gets hooked, Deliverance. S2 gets hooked the second time, S4 unhooks. S4 gets hooked, Deliverance.
So that's one way to get 3 Deliverance uses in a game. Add in 4x DS, 4x DH, and 4x Adrenaline for maximum trolling. I could see that being a very frustrating match for the killer, though I imagine after the second Deliverance the killer would likely camp the first hook stage on the last one.
Granted, that would require a very coordinated SWF and a bit of luck.
Edit to clarify: I don't think it will become meta, but I do think troll groups will use it.
So why would you run a perk that gives you the disadvantages of No Mither with none of the advantages for a significant amount of time after the unhook?
Deliverance is the most overrated of the new perks IMO.
I use NM, I'm actually gonna use Deliverance when the chapter drops since I already have the broken status effect permanently. People just don't know how much damage a kobe can do to killers since it removes all momentum.
At the most, it's going to shave a few seconds. I don't think it's going to be a game-changer in most situations. Maybe in an SWF group that's communicating as then everybody knows to focus on gens and not wast time coming back for the rescue.
Indeed, I predict most survivors are just going to misuse it then get mad at the killer who smacks them down.
It'll see use - but it'll be far from a meta perk. No, the perk killers should be worrying about is Autodidact. Unless you're terrible at hitting skill checks, that perk is going to rob the killer of so much time and could potentially be OP once people realize how powerful it is.
So why would you run a perk that gives you the disadvantages of No Mither with none of the advantages for a significant amount of time after the unhook?
Deliverance is the most overrated of the new perks IMO.
I use NM, I'm actually gonna use Deliverance when the chapter drops since I already have the broken status effect permanently. People just don't know how much damage a kobe can do to killers since it removes all momentum.
At the most, it's going to shave a few seconds. I don't think it's going to be a game-changer in most situations. Maybe in an SWF group that's communicating as then everybody knows to focus on gens and not wast time coming back for the rescue.
Indeed, I predict most survivors are just going to misuse it then get mad at the killer who smacks them down.
It'll see use - but it'll be far from a meta perk. No, the perk killers should be worrying about is Autodidact. Unless you're terrible at hitting skill checks, that perk is going to rob the killer of so much time and could potentially be OP once people realize how powerful it is.
Words or wisdom my friend! :chuffed:
I can imagine getting a skill check and instantly heal a survivor a health state lol.
It's going to be bad like the last 3 survivor set of perks. But as you can see the killer perks are once again more stacked. Devs are afraid to give survivors anything else meta because the killer mass will go up in arms again.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I don't really think it's going to be meta. You gotta' unhook someone before your first hook. If you get hooked before you can save someone, it does nothing. If more than one person is running it, someone's going to get the unhook while the other guy has to wait for another person to be hooked. And even then, you're broken for a minute, so goodbye healing under the hook.
In my experience, there's no shortage of people sprinting over carelessly to unhook me as is, so at best it would only save me in those very rare cases where everyone just decides to do their own generator thinking someone else is going to save me as I sit there bleeding out. More unbreakable tier than DS tier. Most of the time you won't need it (and it actually puts you at a disadvantage because you can't heal), but some of the time it can really save you.
Imagine this first guy you find gives you a good chase in 15 seconds 1 gen is done. you're still chasing a guy 2min another gen is done. you finally down him he DS you and floats away another gen is done.
You go for somebody else that's a easy target down and hook him just to have him saved by the first guy right in your face.
you decide that's it you gonna kill him.(first guy)
you chase him down him and finally hook him 1 gen left.
desperate you run to the nearest gen to only have him jump off hook and float away again.
knowing you ain't going to catch him you go for another target another gen is done GG
you have 3 more survivors with who knows what perks
Just camp the the first hook stage to avoid 100% kobes.
God damn people are so up in arms about Deliverance.
The Survivor who self-unhooks needs to first make a Safe Unhook, in which the Survivor they unhook needs to not go down again for 15 seconds after being unhooked.
Then, if they do manage it, they are Broken for a full minute (at tier 3), and can't heal. They don't instantly become healthy after losing Broken, so they still need to escape if you've been chasing them, to heal, and that takes longer.
Broken isn't No Mither - the Survivor will leave blood trails and still make injured groans. Turn your volume up and listen.
Or you can just waste your time to camp them on hook until they hit Phase 2 so they can't use it at all.
It's your choice.
Question, how many people run No Mither?
So why would you run a perk that gives you the disadvantages of No Mither with none of the advantages for a significant amount of time after the unhook?
Deliverance is the most overrated of the new perks IMO.
Maybe
Yet some will claim it's op despite it's very obvious disadvantages and situational use..
I don't care for Deliverance, mostly because I want the items I bring in to be of worth. If I am caught and hooked first, it becomes a wasted perk slot. Honestly, this perk is a bit over-hyped. I honestly doubt it will become an effective meta. If all 4 people use Deliverance, it is guaranteed that at least one person cannot use it. If anything, Deliverance might actually encourage camping.
Realistically speaking, it would guarantee that at least two people can't use Deliverance.
But I digress.
but what they don't realize is that you'll just Kobe off hook get your invincibility frames and dead hard right over a window and loop them for 30min
inb4 Deliverance's Broken status effect removes No Mither's when it runs out.
S1 gets hooked, S2 unhooks. S2 gets hooked, Deliverance unhooks, S1 gets hooked the second time, S3 unhooks. S3 gets hooked, Deliverance. S2 gets hooked the second time, S4 unhooks. S4 gets hooked, Deliverance.
So that's one way to get 3 Deliverance uses in a game. Add in 4x DS, 4x DH, and 4x Adrenaline for maximum trolling. I could see that being a very frustrating match for the killer, though I imagine after the second Deliverance the killer would likely camp the first hook stage on the last one.
Granted, that would require a very coordinated SWF and a bit of luck.
Edit to clarify: I don't think it will become meta, but I do think troll groups will use it.
At the most, it's going to shave a few seconds. I don't think it's going to be a game-changer in most situations. Maybe in an SWF group that's communicating as then everybody knows to focus on gens and not wast time coming back for the rescue.
Indeed, I predict most survivors are just going to misuse it then get mad at the killer who smacks them down.
It'll see use - but it'll be far from a meta perk. No, the perk killers should be worrying about is Autodidact. Unless you're terrible at hitting skill checks, that perk is going to rob the killer of so much time and could potentially be OP once people realize how powerful it is.
I can imagine getting a skill check and instantly heal a survivor a health state lol.
It's going to be bad like the last 3 survivor set of perks. But as you can see the killer perks are once again more stacked. Devs are afraid to give survivors anything else meta because the killer mass will go up in arms again.