"Targeting specific users repeatedly in order to ruin their game experience" Clarification
https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/19450/game-rules-and-report-system
In the updated rules and Report System the above statement is listed in the Temp Ban Section for a temporary ban.
"Targeting specific users repeatedly in order to ruin their game experience" That is very vague and not very descriptive of what that entails. It seems like many survivors are going to take being hooked a second time (due to a teammate making a bad save likely) as being targeted and ruining their game.
In the non-bannable offense section it states that tunneling is not a bannable or reportable offense. Just seeking clarification as the first statement feels like it is talking about tunneling to me.
Comments
that could lead to some problems with salty survivors...
i think they ment something like always trying to get that person in your lobby and then only focus him down and hardcamp, so he has no fun (e.g. streamsniping)
well steamsniping is not reportable either. So yeah. Not really sure what that entails still. Which is why i am asking to try and get official clarification.
They do need to clarify it a bit, though it would be as simple as adding "over multiple matches" to the sentence.
I think what this also covers is say you've got a survivor you're chasing and they're dead on hook. But rather than finish them off you go after the 1 person. You singlemind lely go after them even when say there's 3 injured survivors in full view of you.
It's tunneling but on steroids since you're willing to lose the game just to ruin someone else's.
tbh I've always hated this rule even though I won't personally have an issue with it. Seems like a rule to protect very specific players where it could easily be covered by other rules.
The only scenario I can imagine this taking place is meant to protect big streamers. If a survivor gets into a game with the same killer 5 times in a row what is the killer supposed to do ignore them?
So tunneling. which is on the not reportable list.
There's a fine lining and I guess they evaluate it from case to case. Since it's very hard to proof that a killer targets only 1 survivor for several matches.
There is a very easy clarification here. The phrasing may be lengthy, but the word the team is looking for is Harassment. Tunneling, camping, stream sniping in one match is not harassment. That is just a player playing a game. Purposefully targeting a player multiple games in a row to ruin the experience is harassment. There has to be multiple games and multiple cases in order for a ban to occur. There has to be a history built up for this to happen. This does not happen in 2 or so games or just because someone reported the player.
So there is nothing major to really question.
Because you are streaming, you are giving out proof of your intentions and the devs can easily review it.
Unless the offender or the victim is a streamer, it's very hard to proof that.
I think you're taking @Tsulan 's response out of context.
In your scenario you're fine as long as you're actually going after other people as well. But if in every game you only go after that survivor even if someone wounded runs into you. Then you ignore that wounded person and you go after the full hp person you hate.
This is a repeated type thing not just 1 or 2 games unless it super obvious it's going on and they'll probably watch your account if you try and skip 1 game of not touching them. Then go back to tunneling that 1 person repeatedly.
No, because it is extremely rare to see the same players over and over and over again. Once or twice maybe, but you will probably see at least another group in between or after a back to back match. What you are failing to see is the history of the situation. 1-2 games is not going to ban you. Now if you are 10-15 games and the only person you kill is Kingshitlord then maybe you will have some issues.
The real issue is you are looking at a 1% chance of what you described happening. Again this is a repeatable behavior that is deemed as harassment. The times I do see players in the same lobby are when they are stream sniping a streamer. You should worry less about being banned from this report more about things that will actually matter like verbally harassing players to ######### or Racial slurs because unfortunately, that is way more common.
I don't know what rank your at but at ranks 3-1 it's not uncommon to see a short list of people repeatably throughout your sessions.
The devs have gotten a lot of flak for their unreliable report system in-game and taking out the other one months ago and the recent video's of tru3 getting streamsniped + sandbagged by trolls sparked intense conversation about it. In haste to quiet it down and take the heat off they rushed out a new report guideline but failed to address the gray areas and/or make things too vague.
So there are two issues you bring up:
Rank. Rank is bs in this game. It is so easy I could set my 4 year old nephew down and he could make rank 1 in a few hours/days without having really any skill. The survivors and killer basically just need to breathe to rank up. It means absolutely nothing. Now, a short list is true at those ranks, but even with a short list there are still 10000 or so players who are probably playing at those ranks. It will take quite a bit for you to get enough games over a 20-30 game period for it to even be considered as a ban and we are also talking some really bad stuff before you would get banned. I think BHVR is intelligent enough to see that "Numbnutts69" reported along with 3 other players 22 times, but the killer has never had any other complaints that they just throw it out and ban the false reporters. I am almost 100% certain that I have a better chance at throwing a dart into the air, lie face down in the ground, and have the dart hit a predetermined freckle on my butt than someone has the chance at getting banned because 1 SWF team reported them multiple times.
Tru3, like him or not, is a public figure. He personally is a celebrity and will get targeted and sandbagged, because he is a public figure. Streamers like JenDenise, Morf, AngryPug, and Bahroo all have the same thing happen. It is part of the problem with streaming and there is no way to stop it, but you cannot take just one person's word for something no matter who they are.
So the argument boils down to history. History of the reporter, the history of the reported, and history of their interactions together. I am willing to bet that BHVR will inspect before making any decisions and if in doubt they won't do anything. They are probably looking for exact undisputable evidence that something happened, before banning people from playing their game.
I see an awful lot of fear mongering going on so lets state somethings that're being ignored in all this.
2.The devs aren't going to simply take a few game sand say yeah this is ban worthy without having actual proof.
So if you get a ban for this it's because you most definitely deserved it, if you don't get a ban then you're not deserving of one. As Wookie said once in regards to someone complaining that the Summoners Code was too vague. Just like some are doing here regarding the new code of conduct.
It basically boils down to** "DON'T BE A JERK"**
Ok bottom line they're not going to give out info so the system can be gamed, all the scenarios you came up with have already been prepped for. They've probably talked to Riot games about the exact same issues and how to handle it.
If you're not doing something wrong you won't get into trouble, I never once ever got a single warning or chat restriction in League. I trash talked the same as other people did but I never crossed the line into harassment. I might say that gank was close but my skills are better.
Did you report the one that threatened you even though they probably won't, they'll bully people that way till they get nailed. For me i just ignore them and laugh silently at them because false reports don't get you nailed.
Im not allowed to remove these players from my game ASAP? That doesn’t make sense. If I see these players in my lobby it’s either a mori or a hard patrol when they’re hooked and they aren’t lasting long after that.
Then again I’m on Xbox so I don’t think bans are even possible there.
I'd be surprised if this rule will ever be enforced because it would be so damned hard to prove. I'd venture to guess that people who are reported for violating this rule, would be banned sooner for something else.
This times a million ^ There are people that just run around activating my traps while I'm playing the hag... it seems like it's all they do. They follow me, wait til I set a trap, and immediately activate it. Really obnox, but hey, it is what it is I suppose.
It says "repeatedly" which makes it sound like it's something over the course of many games not just one.