Pig mains I need help!

So I recently started playing Piggy and I'm having a blast with her. She's waaay stronger than people make her out to be if you use her kit strategically. To clarify, my issue does not have to do with how to play her or how to win. I have crossplay disabled and I can consistently win at rank 1 even against strong survivors.

However, my problem comes when I find the first survivor. Let me explain: every other game they'll just crouch in front of me and try to boop the snoot. I didn't mind at first cause I do think it's funny so what I’ll do is leave them and go find the next survivor who's usually nearby. There are some games though, usually if they're swf, where they'll all crouch towards me and straight out chase me around. I ended up farming in several games cause survivors won't take the game seriously at all and I also run Corrupt so my timer is running while they're doing their shenanigans so I’m like alright alright you dingdongs let's do some stupid ish. I feel bad taking cheap shots or killing them in this scenario cause I play survivor too people just wanna have fun and a bit of friendliness is rare in the game these days...so we farm and it's real funny. They're always really nice in the end game chat too, whenever this happens.

Anyway this is probably the best problem that anyone could have on DBD I mean...survivors being friendly towards the killer? Who would have thought. It's just that sometimes I just want to have a normal game and I’m all for mending sometimes, I’m starting to get tired of people not playing as intended for the entire game just cause they're going against Piggy so my question is...how do you signal to survivors that "okay guys, boopin' time is over let's get into a chase now" and move on to playing normally? Is there any way I can show them that while yes they can boop the snoot once I don't necessarily want to farm?

And to those of you who are getting camped, tunneled, genrushed and/or just sick of BHVR...sorry guys maybe I need to check my "Pig privilege" over here lol

Tagged: Dev

Comments

  • @PigMainClaudette said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1649040#Comment_1649040

    You know what? People like you are never going to learn or listen. Just keep going with your own personal bias.

    My not-so-holy self is leaving now.

    You clearly don't care, and you just want to silence me. Congrats. I'm done.

    Good riddance.

  • @hillbillyclaudmain69 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1646645#Comment_1646645

    I don't understand people who go for trapped survivors. Its literally counterproductive.

    If it's an active trap sure I let em run but if its not active you deny yourself momentum and opportunity to capitalize. 1 on hook 1 saving someone off the hook is time not on gens. Gives you more time to track down the next victim.

  • @Flawless_ said:

    So I recently started playing Piggy and I'm having a blast with her. She's waaay stronger than people make her out to be if you use her kit strategically. To clarify, my issue does not have to do with how to play her or how to win. I have crossplay disabled and I can consistently win at rank 1 even against strong survivors.

    However, my problem comes when I find the first survivor. Let me explain: every other game they'll just crouch in front of me and try to boop the snoot. I didn't mind at all cause I think it's funny and usually what I do is go find the next survivor who's usually nearby. There are some games tho where usually if they're swf, they'll all crouch towards me and straight out chase me around. I ended up farming in several games cause survivors won't take the game seriously at all and I also run Corrupt so my timer is running while they're doing their shenanigans so it's like alright you dingdongs let's do stupid ish. I feel bad taking cheap shots or killing them cause I play survivor too so we farm and it's real funny. They're always really nice in the end game chat too whenever this happens.

    Anyway this is probably the best problem that anyone could have on DBD I mean...survivors being friendly towards the killer? Who would have thought. It's just that sometimes I just want to have a normal Piggy game and I'm starting to get tired of people not playing as intended just cause they're going against Amanda...how do you signal to survivors that "okay guys, boopin' time is over let's get into a chase now" and move on to playing normally? Is there any way I can show them that yes they can boop the snoot but I don't wanna farm?

    And to those of you who are getting camped, tunneled, genrushed and/or just sick of BHVR...sorry guys maybe I need to check my "Pig privilege" over here lol

    This is not survivors being kind to the killer. This is survivors trolling the killer and the killer is being kind.

  • @judge_fist said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1646865#Comment_1646865

    If it's an active trap sure I let em run but if its not active you deny yourself momentum and opportunity to capitalize. 1 on hook 1 saving someone off the hook is time not on gens. Gives you more time to track down the next victim.

    Commiting to chase a trapped survivor, active or not, isn't a very good idea. They will still be trying to get their traps off. You want to go to people on gens. That way you have a max of two people on gens.

  • @RaSavage42 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1647994#Comment_1647994

    As killer I tend to see traps get taken off on all four boxes but usually 2-3 (with a lot also being taken off at first box)

    As survivor I tend to get the trap off on the 1st-2nd box

    Lucky.

  • @Almo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1648500#Comment_1648500

    We do not include disconnects. Suicides are harder to check for.

    How to lose all credibility on your "data" with one post.

    Brilliant.

  • @ToxicMyers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1648072#Comment_1648072

    She's an old killer who's starting to show her age

    Michael: *breathes heavily while trying to find his cane*

    Yep, Myers has been showing his age for about a good year or two now.


    I wonder when the devs will fix Myers? or if their precious numbers come first, again.

  • @PigMainClaudette said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1649040#Comment_1649040

    You know what? People like you are never going to learn or listen. Just keep going with your own personal bias.

    My not-so-holy self is leaving now.

    You clearly don't care, and you just want to silence me. Congrats. I'm done.

    tbh, reading through this forum post ALONE gives me the impression you're stuck on a high horse. So maybe work on how you rub off on others.

  • @hillbillyclaudmain69 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1649343#Comment_1649343

    Commiting to chase a trapped survivor, active or not, isn't a very good idea. They will still be trying to get their traps off. You want to go to people on gens. That way you have a max of two people on gens.

    I disagree 100%. Hooks a hook especially if their out positioned. If you just let them go it's a wasted opportunity to get someone to the next hook phase or out of the game altogether. Then you have 2 survivors off gens if someone goes for the save. I wouldn't go out of my way to chase someone with a RBT if at a strong loop or if I really need to press gens. To just let a survivor just go free if you dont have any info on where to go next or have another target nearby take the hook it's worth. If survivor's make a mistake I capitalize. Better chance of their trap being activated to in the time it takes them to get unhooked. By that time I'm usually working on that next hook. I have a pretty good success rate with her and I play at top ranks. I understand your position though I just think it's to black and white to say you should never go after someone with a RBT their are certainly situations its the best option.

  • @judge_fist said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1649884#Comment_1649884

    I disagree 100%. Hooks a hook especially if their out positioned. If you just let them go it's a wasted opportunity to get someone to the next hook phase or out of the game altogether. Then you have 2 survivors off gens if someone goes for the save. I wouldn't go out of my way to chase someone with a RBT if at a strong loop or if I really need to press gens. To just let a survivor just go free if you dont have any info on where to go next or have another target nearby take the hook it's worth. If survivor's make a mistake I capitalize. Better chance of their trap being activated to in the time it takes them to get unhooked. By that time I'm usually working on that next hook. I have a pretty good success rate with her and I play at top ranks. I understand your position though I just think it's to black and white to say you should never go after someone with a RBT their are certainly situations its the best option.

    Not chasing them and going for someone else IS pressuring gens. They will be off of them and you progress someone ELSE'S death. Its simply more efficient to chases someone else.

  • @judge_fist said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1649884#Comment_1649884

    I disagree 100%. Hooks a hook especially if their out positioned. If you just let them go it's a wasted opportunity to get someone to the next hook phase or out of the game altogether. Then you have 2 survivors off gens if someone goes for the save. I wouldn't go out of my way to chase someone with a RBT if at a strong loop or if I really need to press gens. To just let a survivor just go free if you dont have any info on where to go next or have another target nearby take the hook it's worth. If survivor's make a mistake I capitalize. Better chance of their trap being activated to in the time it takes them to get unhooked. By that time I'm usually working on that next hook. I have a pretty good success rate with her and I play at top ranks. I understand your position though I just think it's to black and white to say you should never go after someone with a RBT their are certainly situations its the best option.

    Oh there is one exception. If they're dead on hook.

  • @hillbillyclaudmain69 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1650668#Comment_1650668

    Not chasing them and going for someone else IS pressuring gens. They will be off of them and you progress someone ELSE'S death. Its simply more efficient to chases someone else.

    I still disagree a hooked survivor and one going for the save is one of the best ways to apply pressure. They still have a trap to get off their head by that time your busy pressuring the next gen, downing the next survivor, putting a trap on their head ect. when their saved off the hook then they need healed also it's so much extra time off gens. Let's just agree to disagree then.

  • @judge_fist said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1650683#Comment_1650683

    I still disagree a hooked survivor and one going for the save is one of the best ways to apply pressure. They still have a trap to get off their head by that time your busy pressuring the next gen, downing the next survivor, putting a trap on their head ect. when their saved off the hook then they need healed also it's so much extra time off gens. Let's just agree to disagree then.

    Alright I'm fine with that. Thanks for not going crazy to prove a point that literally means nothing because it's a game.

  • @hillbillyclaudmain69 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1650765#Comment_1650765

    Alright I'm fine with that. Thanks for not going crazy to prove a point that literally means nothing because it's a game.

    Were all here for a love of the game we all have our own style and tactics of playing. I'm not here to be a d**k just to provide insight into my particular playstyle with the hope to maybe help whoever reads it. If not that's cool too.

  • @judge_fist said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1650777#Comment_1650777

    Were all here for a love of the game we all have our own style and tactics of playing. I'm not here to be a d**k just to provide insight into my particular playstyle with the hope to maybe help whoever reads it. If not that's cool too.

    And that's why I thanked you. If I sounded sarcastic I'm just gonna tell you how, I wasn't. Some people will not just simply stop arguing, when they are in reality wasting energy for no good reason. And although we are here because we like this game, it's still a game. Continuing on an argument forever over it is dumb, and in my opinion, boring. So thank you for not being like that.

  • @hillbillyclaudmain69 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1650779#Comment_1650779

    And that's why I thanked you. If I sounded sarcastic I'm just gonna tell you how, I wasn't. Some people will not just simply stop arguing, when they are in reality wasting energy for no good reason. And although we are here because we like this game, it's still a game. Continuing on an argument forever over it is dumb, and in my opinion, boring. So thank you for not being like that.

    We definitely agree on that. Gl in the fog my peoples. ✌

  • @Peppa_Pigsaw said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1649056#Comment_1649056

    tbh, reading through this forum post ALONE gives me the impression you're stuck on a high horse. So maybe work on how you rub off on others.

    I've been jailed twice already, one of which was when I was speaking as I normally would. Since I've been trying to watch my tongue, I've somewhat reverted to how I'm speak at work.

    When you work in retail, you have to be really careful about what you say and how you say it.

  • @PigMainClaudette said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1650174#Comment_1650174

    I've been jailed twice already, one of which was when I was speaking as I normally would. Since I've been trying to watch my tongue, I've somewhat reverted to how I'm speak at work.

    When you work in retail, you have to be really careful about what you say and how you say it.

    Oh well then, give me my discount.

  • @Almo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1647606#Comment_1647606

    Not needed, she performs well statistically. She's definitely A-tier. Not S... but definitely A.

    Okay but could you at least slightly raise the POV of her and ghostie when they're crouched? All the grass gets in the way.

  • @Almo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1647606#Comment_1647606

    Not needed, she performs well statistically. She's definitely A-tier. Not S... but definitely A.

    She performs well statistically because nobody except expert Pigs play her because she is bad. Also suicides and dcs add up too.

  • @Almo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1648500#Comment_1648500

    We do not include disconnects. Suicides are harder to check for.

    Proved my point exactly lmao. Actually listen to the community’s complaints once in a while instead of always relying on inaccurate statistics.

  • @Axe said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1647779#Comment_1647779

    Atleast buff her addons or something. Amanda letter is like Wraith addon "all seeing - blood" but limits her so much. I thought pink addons were supposed to be strong but yet its so restricted and punishing to use...

    Also her RTB are way to RNG, I cant count the amount of times I manage to get rid of her trap in my first box search.

    Any good team with decent loopers and coordinated gen pressure will shut her down immediately. You know like the other 14 out of 21 killers we have in the roster: Trapper, Wraith, Billy, Huntress, Myers, Doctor, Bubba, Clown, Legion, Plauge, GF, Demogorgon, Deathslinger, Blight.

    You shouldn't place Trapper in that list. Trapper and Hag play nothing like any other killer. They are strongest mid-game, and if you are strategic and patient, they are the STRONGEST at mid-game.

    I'm a Trapper main, and I KNOW to expect 2 gens to pop before my first hook, and that's fine. I rarely lose as Trapper.

    His only weakness mid-game is a SwF with OoO. (I run Whispers, so I know if someone may see me setting up my web)

    But as for the OP's dilemma... I play Pig the third most nowadays, and I run into the same thing. I'll let them have a boop IF they are the last alive and I plan on giving hatch. Otherwise... Not my fault some survivors just wanna die fast. Lol

  • @Almo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1647606#Comment_1647606

    Not needed, she performs well statistically. She's definitely A-tier. Not S... but definitely A.

    Didn't know it was april fools day..

1 2 3 ›