Pls Devs Nerf Ruin+undying+Tinkerer on Freddy (and high Mobility Killer)

Pls Devs it's relly unhealty for the game if this Braindead Killer Meta stay in the game. It's so incredibly boring and not fun to play against. As long as this Meta is in the game me and my friends refuse to buy more dlc's or cosmetics. Not get me wrong against Swf this is maybe/maybe not a fair Combo. But against solo or against not high Rank survivor it is too strong.

Pls fix that, thx :o

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • @ILoveDemo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1642992#Comment_1642992

    Yes "easy" counterplay on Hawkins or every other Indoor map, just cleanse every game all 5 Totems while you getting chased and do 2 Gens on you one 4head

    I didnt say it was easy. Yes on hawkins and indoor maps it will be difficult, but on other maps its easy. You can run perks/items that make it easier.

  • @ILoveDemo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1642552#Comment_1642552

    The Cat perk, Sprint burst, Adrenaline and prove yourself/or quick and quiet

    So I'm guessing you main mag?

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    100% it will get nerfed eventually. I wouldn't worry about it. Let the suckers pay for the dlc for a few months and once the next dlc is out they can nerf this combo into the ground.

    Not sure if it will get nerfed, but I absolutely hate that combo when I'm playing solo. It feels a bit too strong.

  • @ILoveDemo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1642279#Comment_1642279

    You can adapt If your Swf but not solo. And it's only too strong because the Killer don't need the Game to Tell him which Gen he need to go and the Game also Regress the Gen for him and undying protect Ruin for him...

    So yes boring, unfun and braindead Baby Killer -_-

    So whats you normal set up then

  • Interesting. Do you play killer? And if you do, how much compared to survivor?

  • @Fattyclown said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1642660#Comment_1642660

    Oh no you hurt my feelings, how will I do it? I guess I'll have to make a topic where I will complain about the game mechanics instead of taking a self-examination and admitting that I am not able to overcome a problem. No, wait a second ... but that's you :3

    Do bones please and and stop being a whining baby :3

    I do after they Nerf Ruin+undying+Tinkerer Like they do with Pop :3

  • @ILoveDemo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1642238#Comment_1642238

    But this has easy counterplay, you don't even need perks for that:

    Ds, don't Tunnel

    Ub, don't slug

    Dh, wait before you lunch

    Why should they Nerf this perks?

    Idk if you're trolling, and I'm all for nerfing undying slightly (get rid of the aura reading effect, it's a free TOTH on a perk that's already really good. So stupid.) but we're talking about DS and UB being used at the same time. So to counter UB you don't slug...so you have to pick them up but you get DSed...but if you get DSed you tunnelled and you shouldn't pick them up...see the problem here? Also tell me how you counter someone dead Harding for distance with a standard killer like Wraith, legion or GhostFace? People don't use dead hard to dodge attacks anymore because it barely works, we use it to get to a window or pallet and extend a chase for free or correct a mistake.

  • The Cat perk, Sprint burst, Adrenaline and prove yourself/or quick and quiet

  • @hillbillyclaudmain69 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1643478#Comment_1643478

    Interesting. Do you play killer? And if you do, how much compared to survivor?

    Yes I Play every Killer (but not Ph)...

    I Play Surv.45%/Killer 55% tbh. Survivor for fun and Killer for bp only.

  • @ILoveDemo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1643521#Comment_1643521

    The Cat perk, Sprint burst, Adrenaline and prove yourself/or quick and quiet

    The fact you dont renember your perk names shows how much you know about the game. The reason people run this perk build is because gen speed is just unfair the 2 killer that can keep up are sprit and nurse because they can keep map pressure and chase every other killer cant do it im talking for the nearing the best. But lets nerf ph and pop

  • @onemind said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1643610#Comment_1643610

    The fact you dont renember your perk names shows how much you know about the game. The reason people run this perk build is because gen speed is just unfair the 2 killer that can keep up are sprit and nurse because they can keep map pressure and chase every other killer cant do it im talking for the nearing the best. But lets nerf ph and pop

    Or I don't know my perk names because I play this game in German...

    Bruh -_-

  • @ILoveDemo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1643669#Comment_1643669

    Or I don't know my perk names because I play this game in German...

    Bruh -_-

    My bad had no idea you speak german i know not everyone speaks. English but you can never tell who dosen't

  • @onemind said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1643717#Comment_1643717

    My bad had no idea you speak german i know not everyone speaks. English but you can never tell who dosen't

    Well everyone think I have no right to complain about something because I don't know the right english word for it :/

    Fun fact I diden't know what Small game is because in German it has a complete different Name which a complete different meaning, not like other perks :0

  • @ILoveDemo said:

    Pls Devs it's relly unhealty for the game if this Braindead Killer Meta stay in the game. It's so incredibly boring and not fun to play against. As long as this Meta is in the game me and my friends refuse to buy more dlc's or cosmetics. Not get me wrong against Swf this is maybe/maybe not a fair Combo. But against solo or against not high Rank survivor it is too strong.

    Pls fix that, thx :o

    Bro just use detectives hunch, almost every killer ive gone against dcs if they see you running this perk, i love it when they run this build bcs its so fragile and easy dismantle, alternatively you can run a red map. What i like to do when i don't want to use detectives hunch i just equip a green map in the lobby and when the killer sees it he will think its a red map and will be deterred from using this build, when the match is about to start just un equip the map or equip your desired item

  • @ILoveDemo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1643727#Comment_1643727

    Well everyone think I have no right to complain about something because I don't know the right english word for it :/

    Fun fact I diden't know what Small game is because in German it has a complete different Name which a complete different meaning, not like other perks :0

    Again we didn't have any way to know you to speak German .normally people who don't know things may not play much . my apology

  • If they nerf Undying, Blight DLC becomes a waste of money.

  • @ILoveDemo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1643548#Comment_1643548

    Yes I Play every Killer (but not Ph)...

    I Play Surv.45%/Killer 55% tbh. Survivor for fun and Killer for bp only.

    Alright gtk.

  • Fix gen rush first.

  • Sure, they cried for a NOED nerf for a long time and that is even easier to counter. They won't learn.

  • I am at a loss of words. How do people even think this is too strong when survivors have their BS combos.

  • @ILoveDemo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1642238#Comment_1642238

    But this has easy counterplay, you don't even need perks for that:

    Ds, don't Tunnel

    Ub, don't slug

    Dh, wait before you lunch

    Why should they Nerf this perks?

    Ds is a minute of invincibility

  • @Skelemania said:

    If they nerf Undying, Blight DLC becomes a waste of money.

    Yup so enjoy the combo while you can before it gets nerfed in December when they’re trying to sell you new dlc

  • Just get good. DS and Unbreakable is unhealthy for the game. Deal with it

  • @NoObzBoiYT said:

    Just get good. DS and Unbreakable is unhealthy for the game. Deal with it

    You have easy counterplay against Ds+Ub

  • Ah, the braindead build that requires juggling survivors on near completed gens, defending totems, winning chases quickly, and applying the standard pressure required while patrolling.

    Anyone that calls this braindead shouldn't really be acknowledged in serious meta discussions.

    This is the second topic I've seen presented in this same embarrassing way.

  • I wouldn't be terribly upset if they moved the totem aura reading until after a totem was cleansed, rather than when a survivor gets near it. Then survivors get a little breathing room to actually do bones.

    But that's still a kneejerk reaction, if all of the survivors in a match see ruin, they should all immediately begin looking for totems. They only take 14 seconds to cleanse, and the killer can't chase everyone at once, even with aura reveals. There's 4 survivors and 5 totems, if you can find and do 5 gens that take 90 seconds a piece, you can definitely find (up to, sometimes way less than) 5 totems and do them, too.

    Although then maybe we can get into maybe changing keys to protective amulets that work like keys currently do, but can also be used to cleanse bones instantly, or at least super quickly, rather than for aura reading and hatch escapes.

  • I think this will get changed once the new dlc is out, and I'm not going to give my thoughts on the balance of this, but lets look at it objectively...

    The problem isn't with Undying. Nobody is complaining about Undying + Devour/Lullaby/Third seal etc

    It's specifically the way Ruin interacts with it since it's a continuous effect. There's no downtime after cleansing a totem it's just always active at full strength.

    Undying is great as it makes the other totems more viable and gives them a second life potentially if they get a bad spawn. I would hope that if any changes were to come it would be to Ruin rather than Undying.

    What they would do I'm not sure other than making Ruin token based. Regresses at default speed at base and then just increases from there etc It would still need to be strong for people that take it solo without Undying.

  • @ZCerebrate said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1642234#Comment_1642234

    Break ALL the bones then, you can literally have 1 person do every single totem (I mean I literally have to do 4~5 in my solo queue matches in the current meta) even in the least optimal (unlucky) order of Ruin, Dull, Ruin, Ruin, Undying not to mention if the whole team realizes that "Ruin" is more effective the less total gens there are and works on bones early on together (you are playing with a buddy(ies) amirite?).

    I'll agree it's fairly strong value build without much fuss but perks are there to be a crutch for weaknesses for the killers + the players who need them. I'm actually welcoming of having to do more during a match (a secondary objective?) when I'm playing survivor considering how dull most of my matches are right now

    yes i will throw the game applying no pressure because of a passive slowdown that requires no input from the killer

  • I am a solo player and go no issues at all with this build.

    If they did nerf it imagine the outrage from killers community it would be no way for the devs to not also nerf the ######### out of DS + unbreakable combo.


    queue time would increase and all u would get is stridor spirit with moris.


    git gud, cleanse totems, learn to seperate gen pressure.

    I swear kids these days want easy mode only. Back in my days you needed to deal with old ruin, old nurse with omega blink or 5 blinks, infinity window looping, insta heals, Legion moonwalking while your deep wound timer goes down mid chase and it was nothing u could do about it.

  • Just don't stack on one gen. Ruin+tinkerer hurts groups that commit to one gen.

    Even without ruin, 3 or more people on one gen is usually a waste but I still see it.

    If a killer chases you off a gen, don't run to the other side of the map. Once they're gone, return to the gen.

    Do this and the killer will be forced to commit to a chase at that point, it's just a matter of looping.

  • @ILoveDemo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1642238#Comment_1642238

    But this has easy counterplay, you don't even need perks for that:

    Ds, don't Tunnel

    Ub, don't slug

    Dh, wait before you lunch

    Why should they Nerf this perks?

    Why should they nerf undying x ruin when all you have to do is do totems

  • @H3xB0rr0w3dT1m3 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1642245#Comment_1642245

    Why should they nerf undying x ruin when all you have to do is do totems

    You really try do argue with people, that cried all the time about NOED, a freaking endgame perk is too OP because cleansing totems is not the objective? xd

  • Yet DS / DH / BT / Iron Will / Spine Chill Adrenalin all exist.

    hmmm.

  • @ILoveDemo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1642260#Comment_1642260

    Lmao I do Bones but with undying it has no effect. God are you so angry from my post?

    Then do what other people have been saying, cleanse ALL totems. There's only 5 totems in a map, you've complained about it having no effect, you've complained that it's a "waste of time", it just seems like a personal problem of yours that you need to fix.

  • I play Ruin/Undying on most of my builds now, especially slower starters (like the Trapper) and lower mobility killers (like the Pig). Had a round the other day where I heard a totem break (early-to-mid match), looked at my screen and saw Ruin was gone, but Undying was still active. My first thought was "There's a new bug!" because ... you know, this game is always bugged, lol. Took me a second to realize that the survivors I was facing had actually cleansed Ruin AND cleansed the other three dull totems on the map already, giving Ruin no place to jump to.

    I had been pressuring gens, and I ended up (I think) with a 2K. It wasn't a SWF group (or if it was, it was no more than a 2-man, with a couple of solo players sprinkled in), so it was just a matter of players doing totems when they found them (and likely searching them out when they realized Ruin was a thing). Great play on their part, and a perfect example of how that combo can be countered effectively, as they still managed to work on gens as well.

    This point doesn't address Tinkerer, but I played a match with a friend (we play as a two-man, and often end up with two solo players with us in lobby) against a red-ranked Blight running this three-perk combo. One of the solos DC'ed almost immediately after being downed for the 1st time early in the match -- we still managed to have one escape, despite being in a 3 v. 1 all match. We worked around it by cleansing totems (we broke Undying first, then got to Ruin), and once we figured out he had Tinkerer, we were working on gens on opposite sides of the map and jumping off once we got to the 70% range and hid (we both run Spine Chill, so that helped), If we knew someone was in a chase away from us, we were able to ignore Tinkerer to finish the gens. It wasn't easy, and only one of the 3 of us (my friend, not the solo) got out, but considering the skill level of the player and the disadvantage we were at, it shouldn't have been easy. If we'd hadn't had the DC, we might have managed a 4-man escape.

    A killer running this is going to be tough to beat, but then again, why would anyone want an easy game every time they play? This game was more fun because it was definitely a challenge, and we had to actually think through our actions, and we couldn't mindlessly plow through gens without repercussions.

1 2 3 ›