Bring Kindred after Midnight

Late night Survivor queues are long and the matchmaking is horrible. If you ever want the Rank 14 randoms to save you, Kindred is very worth the perk slot.

Comments

  • Thanks for the tip I tend to play at night so this could be really helpful. Seriously this is coming from a survivor main and I can attest to this.

  • If everyone ran bond there would be no need for kindred.

  • This is the most accurate thread I've ever seen.

  • @Zozzy said:

    If everyone ran bond there would be no need for kindred.

    And yet in solo we somehow need bond/kindred, an obsession perk, spine chill, and Iron will. You want to do totems? Detective's- oh wait no that's a fifth perk. Last longer in a chase? Exhaustion pe- oh wait that's one perk too many. Want some extra info? Try dark sense or ale- no wait, perks.

    In solo you "need" too many perks when in reality you don't have enough slots and end up having to sacrifice out one thing, and you can bet that as soon as you take away that one thing you need you're facing the thing you needed it for.

  • I bring kindred if I'm playing solo period. Kindred, Spine Chill, Exhaustion perk, fill (usually small game) is my normal set up. Also bring a med-kit, can't rely on randoms to heal you.

  • @Zozzy said:

    If everyone ran bond there would be no need for kindred.

    Kindred gives me more information than Bond ever could. I love bond, but I will always rock kindred over it. With Kindred I know where everyone is when someone is hooked. I know who is going for the save, I know what generators my team mates are working on, it reveals the killer for myself and the team in addition to providing aura reading to the entire team whenever I'm hooked.

  • @MrPenguin said:

    I bring kindred if I'm playing solo period. Kindred, Spine Chill, Exhaustion perk, fill (usually small game) is my normal set up. Also bring a med-kit, can't rely on randoms to heal you.

    Do you just farm your bloodweb for medkits and find them in chests? Serious question because I never get them so my solution is iron will or healing perk.

  • Always bring Kindred if you want to actually be a useful member of your team. Bond is good as well. Why? Because you need to know what your teammates are doing. Or rely on cheesing second-chance builds and forcing ridiculous perks, but people that do that don't get any better, and they aren't that useful to their team.

  • @ringwinning said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1636926#Comment_1636926

    Do you just farm your bloodweb for medkits and find them in chests? Serious question because I never get them so my solution is iron will or healing perk.

    Well I escape fairly often, so I keep a lot of my medkits. But that's what the fill is for: Self-care, Pharmacy (med-kit farm if you escape), bond to find teammates to heal, plunderers if I'm feeling like risking it.

  • @gatsby said:

    Late night Survivor queues are long and the matchmaking is horrible. If you ever want the Rank 14 randoms to save you, Kindred is very worth the perk slot.

    Only problem is that you'll want to suicide after you get hooked with Kindred and see all 3 players racing each other for the save.

  • I always play this game very late (00:00-03:00) and surv queues are almost instant for me, must be the region i guess.

  • Once got a team of solos to equip kindred + open handed with me, and having a 48 meter aura reveal radius on the killer (a LF in this case) every time someone was hooked felt broken as hell. It won't work as well against stealth killers like Wraith, Shape, Ghostface or Pig, but against pretty much all other killers, it really felt like an unfair advantage. That ended up being one of the easiest games I've ever had as survivor (we all escaped), and makes me wonder why more survivors don't equip this combo. I mean I understand equipping builds full of all meta perks, but having that information on the killer was way more effective than I thought it was gonna be.

  • Bring kindred all the time because it's the best solo perk in the game, and survivors don't need 4 perks anyway so it can take up your final slot

  • @ALostPuppy said:

    Bring kindred all the time because it's the best solo perk in the game, and survivors don't need 4 perks anyway so it can take up your final slot

    One of the best perks overall, not just the best solo perk. You can know who's going for a rescue and when, where the killer was headed after hooking, and even if the killer has perks like Discordance, BBQ, etc.