Slippery Meat needs buff

For the Survivor to get the most value out of the extra escape attempts they need to start attempting escape as soon as they are hooked for the first time.

The problem is that if you succeed in escaping the hook, the killer isn't too far away.

Solution: Successfully escaping the hook grants the Hardened Status Effect for 8 seconds or however long Borrowed Time lasts.

This still ties in with the perk name: Slippery Meat

Comments

  • It's still the "Counter Trapper" killer specific perk that BHVR has started doing away with more and more but never really returned to the first killer's one. The bear trap escape from 25% -> 50% is pretty massive if you do go against a trapper though and have a propensity to step on dark traps while far enough away.

    For the whole hook escape with slippery meat+Up the Ante and luck offerings builds... it's a fun meme to do with a SWF if you get everyone in on it but for the most part just unhealthy for the game. Deliverance was added in with it's conditions for a reason.

    Not saying the perk doesn't need to be changed but probably not necessary for a 15 second Borrowed Time or an 8 Hardened (10 would be like Soul Guard) as it still supposed to be risky to pull yourself off hook

  • It needs a rework, it was a perk designed for countering Trapper when there was few Killers, Now that we have 21 Killers that's uh... a really unlikely chance even if every Killer was played evenly at every moment everywhere.

  • Then rename the perk from Slippery Meat to Easy Meat on a Silver Platter !!! 😡

  • Could be an anti-tunnel perk.

    If the killer tries rehooking the same person on the same hook they slip right off.

  • @Tactless_Ninja said:

    Could be an anti-tunnel perk.

    If the killer tries rehooking the same person on the same hook they slip right off.

    ...and then go right back on the hook after. This would be great if the perk were indeed called Easy Meat on a Silver Platter

  • Can someone please tell me how to make discussions in general chat? Ever since the last forum update I can't seem to figure it out.

  • @Nos37 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1636292#Comment_1636292

    ...and then go right back on the hook after. This would be great if the perk were indeed called Easy Meat on a Silver Platter

    No the perk is supposed to keep you off the hook.

    Because your meat is slippery or whatever.

  • @Tactless_Ninja said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1636306#Comment_1636306

    No the perk is supposed to keep you off the hook.

    Because your meat is slippery or whatever.

    "You're meat is slippery"

    Did I read or interpret that correctly?

  • I’d just like to see the perk have more utility than extra unhook attempts, and boosting the chance of self freeing from bear traps.

  • @HollowsGrief said:

    Can someone please tell me how to make discussions in general chat? Ever since the last forum update I can't seem to figure it out.

    Me too! Lots of things I have been silenced cause I can't figure it out anymore...😢

  • I kinda liked the idea someone else had of making add extra time to the post hit sprint you get. This would turn it into an anti-tunnel perk as it would discourage the killer from trying to hit you twice in a row.

  • @MusicNerd_TC said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1636412#Comment_1636412

    "You're meat is slippery"

    Did I read or interpret that correctly?

    No you didn't.

    "You're" is you and are. I wrote "your".

  • The most "slippery meat" aspect of this game, currently, is when I (as Killer) go to hit an injured target thinking I have an easy down and they slip right out of my hands because of the Hardened status (whether from Borrowed Time or Soul Guard).

    This is why I think it should be added to Slippery Meat

  • Fun fact: Equipping Decisive Strike drastically reduces your chances of self-unhooking.

    I used Ante-Up and Slippery Meat for 30 matches in-a-row and only failed to escape the hook in maybe 3 or 4 matches.

    I threw Decisive Strike into the build and haven't escaped the hook since (3 matches in-a-row now)

  • @HollowsGrief said:

    Can someone please tell me how to make discussions in general chat? Ever since the last forum update I can't seem to figure it out.

    Experiencing the same issue. Guess their bugs don't even give the forums a pass.

  • @ZCerebrate said:

    It's still the "Counter Trapper" killer specific perk that BHVR has started doing away with more and more but never really returned to the first killer's one. The bear trap escape from 25% -> 50% is pretty massive if you do go against a trapper though and have a propensity to step on dark traps while far enough away.

    For the whole hook escape with slippery meat+Up the Ante and luck offerings builds... it's a fun meme to do with a SWF if you get everyone in on it but for the most part just unhealthy for the game. Deliverance was added in with it's conditions for a reason.

    Not saying the perk doesn't need to be changed but probably not necessary for a 15 second Borrowed Time or an 8 Hardened (10 would be like Soul Guard) as it still supposed to be risky to pull yourself off hook

    You never really see a Trapper in red ranks, besides the counter to trapper is to not step in his traps, the only time freeing yourself is an option is if he is far away, but there are add ons that down the survivor if they do free themselves which is a hard counter to slippery meat, that's why people don't use it.

  • I think this Perk needs an entire rework. When there were only 4-5 Killers in the game, it wasn't so bad. The chances of pulling Trapper were ok. I see that guy once in a Blue Moon. It really doesn't feel like a full value Perk. I'm not sure what I would suggest, but I know it needs to be entirely different that it is now. It needs to be much more effective in general when not against the Trapper.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I would just remove the Trapper effects and update it to allow you to attempt to escape the hook on your second hook too. That way it'd have great synergy with Deliverance and it'd also be even more useful for luck stacking.

    Oh nice idea, another idea is it removes the penalty for attempting, so you get 6 attempts and the entity spawns to stop any more attempts but you're still in phase 1. That'd make it a nice perk. and If you do free yourself it grants endurance for 15 seconds.

    They could also make it a shared perk when a survivor is hooked making it the first perk to do that.

  • @HollowsGrief said:

    Can someone please tell me how to make discussions in general chat? Ever since the last forum update I can't seem to figure it out.

    Yep, me too, I have the same problem

  • I just go to the Recent Discussion section and click the red button on the right that says "New Discussion." Then I select the General Discussions section from the Category drop-down. (This is on PC Firefox).

    This is the link that the red button takes you to: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/post/discussion/en