Why is rank reset still a thing?
Rank reset is literally the worst part about this game. I have never heard a single person with anything positive to say on the subject. Why can it not be every 3 months? Once at the start of every chapter?
Rank reset is literally the worst part about this game. I have never heard a single person with anything positive to say on the subject. Why can it not be every 3 months? Once at the start of every chapter?
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Rank is pointless to be honest.
Like seriously, there is no reward for it, and I've seen what wanting to get higher up in ranks does to people.
I think the devs should just remove it all together, as it is a source of salt toxicness, and rage.
I don't mind the reset other than i think for people that don't have a lot of time getting that rank 1 achievement is pretty much impossible. Having it reset say every 2 months instead of every month might be nice.
You are a survivor main, right?
Because survivor like to be high ranks, because even without SWF they have a better chance of good teammates and better chance to survive and bully the killer.
But for killer it is a pain in the rear to be at high ranks.
Without the regular rank reset my guess is, must killer would just stop playing. completely.
Enjoy your lobby time than. :P
Because rank 1 is too easy to reach
If for 3 months I had to wait 10 minutes for a match I would most likely leave this game and not return.
Rank reset is the only time on console I can have fun as nothing happens at rank 1.
I'd rather rank was removed.
I don't think they'll remove ranks, but maybe make them harder to earn? As a solo survivor, I can hit rank 1 after reset in a couple of days and finding matches is difficult. Maybe require it to be 10 pips instead of 5 and extend the reset to 3 months? Maybe I'm wrong.
For a rather long time now, I play less DBD, because I hate the red ranks.
I start playing a few days AFTER rank reset to give all the tryhards a headstart and I stop playing when I reach to high of a rank to enjoy playing killer.
Not because I do not like a challenge or I refuse to "git gud", just because the high ranks are just to survivorsided by the gamemechanics itself.
Why should I enjoy playing a game rigged against me?
If the rank reset would take longer, I would just play even less… and I think the Devs now that and that's why they reset every month.