Survivor Meta Change When?

So recently with Blight killer has seen a meta shift and actually for the better so I can’t complain

Just curious when will survivor meta shift it’s been the same since each of the perks released

It’s getting boring using it and going against it in my opinion

I think a lot of people agree it needs change so when?

Tagged: Trusted

Comments


  • @RizeAki said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1629408#Comment_1629408

    Those are meant to be in the game you will never learn how to play if you use crutches to fix mistakes. But idc what survivors run I run them myself just in case it’s a spirit or something where skill doesn’t matter. I’m more asking bhvr to do something to change things around.

    Yeah, sometimes skill doesnt matter..

    allzj.jpg


  • @RizeAki said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1629392#Comment_1629392

    While each killer has a separate meta for their style their is an overall meta which was Thrilling Tremors (BBQ for bp) Corrupt Pop STBFL (This slot is sometimes changed for the best utility perk on said killer) Now it’s become BBQ Tinkerer Ruin Undying with some going Thrilling Corrupt Pop Dragon’s Grip

    That is not true at all. I have no idea where you are getting any of this info, because that certainly has not been my experience.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1630096#Comment_1630096

    That is not true at all. I have no idea where you are getting any of this info, because that certainly has not been my experience.

    From everyone who has the perk setup running it lol

  • @RizeAki said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1630323#Comment_1630323

    Holdup those are the perks that scare you? And doctor and plague?

    I think they are just baiting at this point.

  • So, 3 people? I'm not kidding, I have never come across this with any form of consistency and nor have any for the streamers I watch who play survivor.

  • @RizeAki said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1630323#Comment_1630323

    Holdup those are the perks that scare you? And doctor and plague?

    Thats my favourite combo of perks and killers to annoy and 4k survivors. I forgot to include Infectious Fright for Plague. If you are a noob who cant play them, Im sorry to hear that. Dont worry, you'll eventually git gud. The game is easy compared to Rainbow 6 Siege or other competitive games. Often, I go perkless Legion and survivors still cant escape. :c

  • @RizeAki said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/discussion/comment/1628188#Comment_1628188

    Yeah it’s sad that’s the only thing which idky they don’t nerf some they do it to killer when the meta becomes too over used like ruin even if ruin is now stronger then ever

    The only perks really need some updating is ds and exhaustion perks imo as exhaustion perks are as over used if not more then ruin was and they are the equivalent of gen perks on killer which are always getting change if used too much like again ruin

    Everybody latches on to one line from the ruin change, instead of bothering to cite other reasons. Primary reason was to be less punishing to new players. But that doesn’t fit the narrative you like to hear

  • @28_stabs said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1630705#Comment_1630705

    Thats my favourite combo of perks and killers to annoy and 4k survivors. I forgot to include Infectious Fright for Plague. If you are a noob who cant play them, Im sorry to hear that. Dont worry, you'll eventually git gud. The game is easy compared to Rainbow 6 Siege or other competitive games. Often, I go perkless Legion and survivors still cant escape. :c

    You must be at rank 20 if bitter murmur is scaring anyone

  • @EuphoricBliss35 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1628196#Comment_1628196

    Everybody latches on to one line from the ruin change, instead of bothering to cite other reasons. Primary reason was to be less punishing to new players. But that doesn’t fit the narrative you like to hear

    And why do y’all latch to that as an excuse not to fix the survivor meta and agree that 16 crutches is very punishing to the new player base you see it all over the forums people try to play this game get wiped by a bunch of crutch perks and quit playing

  • @RizeAki said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1630980#Comment_1630980

    You must be at rank 20 if bitter murmur is scaring anyone

    Its 35s of unavoidable wallhacks and 10 of it is at the end, when everyone hope to escape. For me its an extra kill, an extra bucket of salt. :^)

  • @28_stabs said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1631574#Comment_1631574

    Its 35s of unavoidable wallhacks and 10 of it is at the end, when everyone hope to escape. For me its an extra kill, an extra bucket of salt. :^)

    Ok kid...

  • Behavior has created a time crunch on both sides. Killers need to rush kills, survivors need to rush gens and try to prevent rushing of kills. Until the game is lengthened both sides will always use what can extend the game.

  • @OBX said:

    Behavior has created a time crunch on both sides. Killers need to rush kills, survivors need to rush gens and try to prevent rushing of kills. Until the game is lengthened both sides will always use what can extend the game.

    Yeah but that can include more then 5 perks being used

  • @RizeAki said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1631607#Comment_1631607

    Yeah but that can include more then 5 perks being used

    And you are free to use any perks you want. That is the beauty

  • @OBX said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1631628#Comment_1631628

    And you are free to use any perks you want. That is the beauty

    Tell that to everyone running 4 stacks of

    DS

    UB

    Exhaustion Perk

    BT Camaraderie Adrenaline IW

  • @Zozzy said:

    Survivor meta will only shift if the nerf the current perks into the gutter or release something even more op and detrimental to the killer.

    Anything that doesn't screw the killer over is seen as "weak"

    Let me replace the only 4-5 good perks with Boil Over and Visionary. That will surely make for an entertaining game experience.

    On that same note, when are we going to change the meta for killers? Oh I forgot that's only an issue if it's on the survivor side.

  • @RizeAki said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1631033#Comment_1631033

    And why do y’all latch to that as an excuse not to fix the survivor meta and agree that 16 crutches is very punishing to the new player base you see it all over the forums people try to play this game get wiped by a bunch of crutch perks and quit playing

    "Crutch" perks except dead hard that's insanely crutch but even then dont make you magically good or fix your looping. You will still go down quickly and still 4k.

  • @RizeAki said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1631654#Comment_1631654

    Tell that to everyone running 4 stacks of

    DS

    UB

    Exhaustion Perk

    BT Camaraderie Adrenaline IW

    Also didnt that one huntress streamer destroy you and your team when you were running DS I'm jsut saying bring you didnt get magically good with the "crutch" you seemed pretty bad no offense.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1631763#Comment_1631763

    Also didnt that one huntress streamer destroy you and your team when you were running DS I'm jsut saying bring you didnt get magically good with the "crutch" you seemed pretty bad no offense.

    Never said I was perfect we all have bad games especially on stuff we dont play that much I’m a lot better on survivor after practice now at the time was pretty much a killer main only

    yeah I use ds ub sb bt all my games swapping bt if I need to cuz that’s all survivor really has

    I didn’t make the post to tell survivors to change builds I simply made it to brings some light to the fact survivor meta has stayed the same for years now and no game keeps the meta for that long

    And lastly I made that reply to be sarcastic cuz the guy said survivors can run any perk but we all bring the same like 10 perks at most and stack them with our teams

  • @Artick said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1628188#Comment_1628188

    Let me replace the only 4-5 good perks with Boil Over and Visionary. That will surely make for an entertaining game experience.

    On that same note, when are we going to change the meta for killers? Oh I forgot that's only an issue if it's on the survivor side.

    They just did change the killer meta even if it is back to being ruin

  • @RizeAki said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1631874#Comment_1631874

    Never said I was perfect we all have bad games especially on stuff we dont play that much I’m a lot better on survivor after practice now at the time was pretty much a killer main only

    yeah I use ds ub sb bt all my games swapping bt if I need to cuz that’s all survivor really has

    I didn’t make the post to tell survivors to change builds I simply made it to brings some light to the fact survivor meta has stayed the same for years now and no game keeps the meta for that long

    And lastly I made that reply to be sarcastic cuz the guy said survivors can run any perk but we all bring the same like 10 perks at most and stack them with our teams

    Ahh I see, the meta wont change for two reasons though. There arent better perks and also killers play in a way that force us to use the same meta.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1631580#Comment_1631580

    "Crutch" perks except dead hard that's insanely crutch but even then dont make you magically good or fix your looping. You will still go down quickly and still 4k.

    Trust me I know lol my other comment I said to you explains what I mean by the post

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1631893#Comment_1631893

    Ahh I see, the meta wont change for two reasons though. There arent better perks and also killers play in a way that force us to use the same meta.

    See the not better perks I understand. My opinion on the other part of how killers play doesn’t seem too valid to me because no matter how they play (excluding spirit and maybe good nurse players) you can outplay them or have your team stop them. The other reason I say this is why do killers need punished for just playing the game?

  • @RizeAki said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1631654#Comment_1631654

    Tell that to everyone running 4 stacks of

    DS

    UB

    Exhaustion Perk

    BT Camaraderie Adrenaline IW

    I think your issue is mixing up what YOU want people to use and what is practical. If you choose to run sub-optimal with the state the game is in go for it.

    as I stated before: with the current time crunch, survivors and killers will run optimal, play optimal.

    just play the game any way you like and don’t fret over what other people do

  • @RizeAki said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1631869#Comment_1631869

    Trust me I know lol my other comment I said to you explains what I mean by the post

    Yeah my bad if I come off hostile.

  • @RizeAki said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1631897#Comment_1631897

    See the not better perks I understand. My opinion on the other part of how killers play doesn’t seem too valid to me because no matter how they play (excluding spirit and maybe good nurse players) you can outplay them or have your team stop them. The other reason I say this is why do killers need punished for just playing the game?

    You can say survivors are punished for playing the game when they are tunneled end game. My point is if you are hit by DS you werent mindful of the recently unhooked survivors.

  • If i remember right they changed ruin because it was always used in most matches by killers. So, they wanted to change it to shift its usage.

    I think every match i see at least 1 if not 2 DS UB or DH. Now if they changed ruin because it was so overused why do they not change those perks for the same reason?

    I would really like to see stats from all games what percentage used those meta perks.

  • @EvilBarney666 said:

    If i remember right they changed ruin because it was always used in most matches by killers. So, they wanted to change it to shift its usage.

    I think every match i see at least 1 if not 2 DS UB or DH. Now if they changed ruin because it was so overused why do they not change those perks for the same reason?

    I would really like to see stats from all games what percentage used those meta perks.

    It wasn’t the over used aspect on why it got changed

    it was because low ranks were basically unable to play with ruin in play while high ranks never saw any use out of ruin

    Now it’s actually much better effects all players equally if it lasts which is easier now with undying

  • doubt it’ll ever happen, no matter what the meta for survivor will be second chance perks

  • I love how survivors are like "well the killer is playing like this", so we have to.

    If you play no slow-down perks at all, which I like, you get gen rushed to the ground. From survivor players who would be 10 ranks below where they are if you took swf rank sessions away. But this is not a discussion about how 4 people in voice is the equivalent of cheating. Unintended 3rd party software giving players an advantage which the game itself isn't intended to. Much like a permanent wallhack in FPS games, which in every game is a no go. It's literally cheating, and it's okay in DbD.

    I admit I'm new, I'm lvl 24 and got rank 6 as a killer yesterday, and I'm literally hating my life atm. The game starts, I find a survivor, hook him with the entire process being super quick, like really, no looping or long chase at all. What happens? The game just fking started and 1 gen is already done. There are YouTube Videos of survivors destroying 5 gens in 5 minutes.

    I have no ruin, no undying, no pop, nothing. I can't slow down the stupid game and it pisses me off that I have to, it's so mandatory because of how scummy survivors play. I didn't understand why, why do I have good games and somehow I only get to kill 2 ppl max? In good games, I get barely looped, I end my chases fast in a successfil hook and somehow the gens are getting eaten alive. 1 hook, 1 is being chased, 1 is freeing the hooked guy. No tunneling or camping. How the ######### are the gens being destroyed while 3 ppl are doing something else.

    You wanna know what happened after I tried to get some idea how I'm playing well and the game isn't rewarding me for it anymore? I was able to get the information I needed: I HAVE to slow down the game.

    I was going to quit the game, even though I just started. How am I not being rewarded for having a good game? I wanted to try Deathslinger, I just liked shooting, and realized pretty fast I should go back to Meyers. Why? Because I had a game where I literally hit every shot, and those shots ended up in me also finishing the reeling in with M1. I didn't get looped, or had to chase people. (I did my rank with Meyers, I just wanted to have fun with DS...) I don't have enough time to get them all. It's always the same, I get most of them hooked twice and simply need more time to get the last hook.

    How did I play or how do I play? I hook a guy, and go and get my next kill. BBQ usually shows me the next guy. Allowing the survivors to unhook the guy. I feel like I get punished for not tunneling or camping people, but I want them points to unlock perks. It is mind boggling to me, how chasing someone in a game which is intended to do that, is a bad play. Everything in this game feels like I have to rush. Get the survivor FAST, don't play cat and mouse, you don't have time to do that, the gens are being destroyed in seconds. Why is this rush gameplay a thing in a game like this?


    Garbage tier survivors, who have every perk in the game, know every pallet out of their head but still can't get R1, all of a sudden start to taunt you, be toxic and act like they are good at the game. Most of them are also always playing as survivor friends with stuff like teamspeak. You can tell, even as a new player. Most games I get are with survivor friends, it's unfair, and having these shits also act like dicks while not deserving the game pisses me off.

    You then have to read stuff like how good they are, and how they feel like they "outplayed" you. In a game, where all of them got hooked twice, and 1 guy dies. Without tunneling them. Not many players like to leave a game being the much better player, but not having the tools to prolong the game to get these last hooks.

    I have 1 decision to make, I either quit the game, or I start playing the op perks just like they do "every game".

    I bought every killer who has these abilites, and I am rushing bloodpoints now, I don't care about anything else. Where am I going to? No Gen Freddy is what I will do. Ruin, undying, surveillance, and perk4 will be pop or whatever I can google to give me the time to get these last hooks I deserve but don't have the time to in some games.


    I came into this game as a pretty friendly killer, I even allowed some people to walk because I made enough points. And I'm in a place, where I want to Mori every group I see. As far as I can tell, running that build with freddy will ruin their lifes, and I am good enough to capitalize the entire group for that even if they swf.

    So please, don't be like oh the killer is making us poor survivors do stuff. You WANT this to be done to you.

  • The gens are being done way too fast.

    (Is this normal, to not edit a post, but delete a lengthy one straight up? I'm not going to write it again, that is really poor moderating bro.)

  • I mean, the thing is, most of the perks outside of the Survivor meta have little to no impact on gameplay in the same way that the meta does, nor do they gurantee their usefulness like the meta does.

    For example, I love running Flip-Flop. It's a really fun perk when you get it to work. The problem? If I'm sitting on the ground long enough to get that far for full Flip-Flop value, I will probably be picked up by a teammate, or, I won't have time to crawl away from hooks to ensure I can wiggle off because it doesn't give you enough progression towards the wiggle bar at tier 3. Compare this to Unbreakable, where if I was running that instead, I not only heal faster, but can also 99 my heals and pick myself up, and Unbreakable is just the better perk to run. It gurantees value when you get slugged. Flip-Flop either requires too much luck, or another perk (Tenacity) to be effective.

    Another combo I love running is Chest Build, for the random nature- it makes games fun and exciting for me, since my recieved items change my playstyle- but it also doesn't gurantee value. Some games I can get three keys, other games I will get only grey toolboxes with sabo add-ons.

    My point is, there's only so many perks on Survivor's side you can get guranteed value out of. If you don't run those, your build ends up being a liability- and as someone who plays exclusively at Rank 1, there are a lot of games where liability equals death if you're not in an optimal death squad.

1 2 ›