Why Remove Bloodlust 3?
Why are they removing Bloodlust 3? I don't really see a problem with it as to get it you have to be in a chase for yonks without breaking a pallet. By just going backward and forward around a loop waiting for tier 3 just so they don't pallet slam you, you're giving other survivors a long time to do gens. Even when you do smack the person you're after you will lose Bloodlust again and will have to build it up once more. I don't think it needs removing as it has a couple drawbacks (Time to get it and that it is lost after hitting or breaking pallets).
Maybe they aren't considering this change anymore but I heard they were.
I have had 3 stacks of Play With Your Food, Bloodlust 3 and NOED all at once as Freddy and I was flying. Really fun if you want to try it, you wont win though.
Comments
One reason is they believe nothing in the game should mean you need BL3 to get a hit on a survivor, it was always a band aid mechanic and never solved the overall problem, they have also reworked some of the long window loops in maps which is where it was the most useful, its a work in progress atm so I expect it to be worse before it gets better.
Probably cause you barely ever hit Tier 3 anyway.
They pretty much removed infinites and bloodlust was orginally just a bandaid fix for terrible map design/infintes. They nerfed bloodlust to keep killers from purposely getting bloodlust 2 or 3 just to end a chase for free. Currently if a killer gets bloodlust 2 it pretty much guarantees at least a hit. To not get a hit with bloodlust 3 you would have to be playing incredibly bad. The nerf just balances out killer since they nerfed survivors.
Lol all right dude , whatever you say xD
I think loosing bloodlust by breaking a pallet is an unnecessary nerf. You literally can go on a chase around the entire map by that time they will have 2-3 gens done. I looped the Pig yesterday until 4 gens were done and I'm not even that skilled at looping a lot of the loops were too big for her to lunge. I think you shouldn't lose blodlust after performing a pallet break, they should give you the time it takes to break a pallet +1 second to acquire the survivor in your sight before loosing bloodlust. Just make tiers 2 and 3 a little longer to achieve.
Lol.
They were going to nerf it way before she suggested it and what she suggested was different to what they implemented.
I think it is because actual skilled killers don't "need" bloodlust 3. In most cases it is the really crappy killers who just pace back and forth waiting for 3 to attack. In many cases, unless you are going against uber pro SWF toxic AF players, which if this is the case you are probably playing nurse, you should hit a survivor in 1-2 BL.
Meh. I can count on one hand the number of times BL3 even came into play for me as a killer.
I'm sorry, if you need BL3 to catch people, you were doing something wrong to begin with.
This is one of those changes I honestly couldn't careless about. I don't even know if I ever have popped BL3. Let's be honest, if you popped BL3, you didn't really deserve that hit anyways.
Classic
Was it tested in the PTB? The bloodlust changes?
If so, I didn't notice jackshit but it could've just been me.
You most likely won't even notice the change unless you're a terrible Killer that relies on Bloodlust -P
Delusional isn't really fair considering I've seen changes done due to community voices asking for it. Also my post wasn't inherently negative, just a viewpoint. I think some people got mad.
BL3 is pretty cheese though when a killer just runs in a circle around a jungle gym. Like they aren't even trying to follow you, just trying to get BL3 and then hit you. It's dumb. You shouldn't ever need more than BL1 if you are a normal speed killer to catch someone (and BL2 if you are a slow killer).
BL3 is a cheese to be able to ignore pallets and obstacles and just run through the map and allow yourself to get a free hit. You can basically refuse to break a pallet, circle the same one until you get BL3 and get your hit, which isn't quite fine. They're just better off fixing maps rather than allowing these kind of cheeses.
Its not even a really effective cheese since it takes 45 seconds to get to tier 3 bloodlust and is all lost upon a successful hit and then subsequently takes another 45 seconds to build it back up for the next hit. At that point if a killer was cheesing me with bloodlust and it took them a minute and a half to down me just by exploiting that mechanic i say thats a pretty big win. i agree with what you are saying though. I will take map balance over bloodlust any day of the week.
It's still a cheese that allows you to focus down a surv with nothing he can do about it, no matter how skilled he is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ac3KWNCHqZQ
Always funny when you call the killer terrible for being looped, but in fact its the survivor doing no mistakes that makes it more efficient to bloodlust a pallet isntead of following him through the loop jungle
And there have been changes made that absolutely no one has asked for, and they hadn't relented despite a significant portion of the community going so far as review bombing to protest.
Your "viewpoint" (accusation) was presented as a fact. Don't act surprised when people call you out on BS.
Id imagine they are removing it because of how un-used it is.
The only time I ever see BL3 is when im vs a nurse, but if a nurse is that bad that you can get her to BL3, her getting BL3 wont matter anyway. Other than that i dont think ive ever been chased by (or chasing anyone) with BL3 lol.
You are paranoid. You should take off your crazy goggles. It's not healthy to assume that everyone is angrily out to get you.
It's not aggression. It's just a normal reaction to stupid comments.
But hey, it's not you, it must be everyone else.
Oh, so when you were saying "some people", you were just being passive aggressive.
Got it. Say dumb #########. Get defensive when multiple posters call you out on it. Then pick a fight to act like you're a victim. Good strategy.
Ah no, you must be mistaken. It's not anger, it's disgust. I was still reeling from your "viewpoint".
Please, kindly excuse my way of wording things. Again, it's just my reaction to baseless accusations that try to pose as honest opinions. It's just so hard to conjure respect for comments that don't deserve any; I hope you understand.
Perhaps in the future you should consider thinking before speaking?
Technically I don't see how my comment was offensive. Even if they did take her advice, is that inherently bad? From my understanding they did an open letter response directly to her regarding it. But if I'm wrong then gladly! I'm not actually against the change. But I do feel you came at me with negative intent and if you truly were offended then I apologize. Sometimes the way things are written are not the same when spoken.
I do hope you're alright though. You deserve to have a bright and wonderful day!
As I've said personally I don't really ever get to blood lust 3, and that's the one that's been changed. Bl2 seems fine enough.
Also I'm glad
Not even infinites took you to BL3. The only way was actively trolling survivors or beeing leatherface
They want to balance to encourage shorter chases. After 60 seconds or so you should really have either downed the one you are chasing or broken the chase to look for someone else/ the survivor managed to break LOS.
The end goal here, with everything to is change the meta, survivors should not be getting into long, safe chases just to waste a killers time. If a survivor is found by the killer, they should want to get away, not just lead them around. The looping playstyle is boring for everyone involved. (I'm not saying it's bad, as its been the most effective strat for a long time, but is is dull.) Especially for the other 3 survivors who just have to hold m1 till gens pop and then leave, possibly unhooking the looper at the end if they did get caught. Thats why aura reading for killers has been buffed, they want the killer to be able to find and initiate chases with everyone easier, but giving survivors tools to end chases by escaping quickly too.
The devs said "We want there to be more meaningful interactions between survivors and the killer." And thats pretty much what all of the recent changes have been building around, and I think its the best direction the game can go in.
I don't rely on it, I hardly ever get it but I am wondering why they are bothering with this when there are bigger fish to fry right now.
With Freddy you can't break off to other targets easily so it just adds to the tunnely playstyle.
I don't think all bloodlust tiers should be removed when breaking a pallet but rather just one of them.
Example Bloodlust 2 > Pallet Break > Bloodlust 1