Breakdown is underrated.

A must-have perk that is very underrated and has saved me more times than Decisive Strike in the past month.

Dear Survivor mains, please use Breakdown more. You won't be disappointed. It has the potential to either save you, or one of your teammates, and additionally it will confuse the Killer 9 out of 10 times.

Comments

  • I have been using breakdown for 40 games in the past week and I couldn't disagree more. The one hook has little to no value when other hooks are nearby, does nothing for basements, the 6 seconds is okay but I would rather have Alert for near consistent 5 seconds every 30 seconds. The only reason I was using it was because I thought it was two, but under my games it only was useful 5 times, and all those times could've been fixed with Saboteur or a toolbox. Imo definitely not worth it.

  • I honestly doubt that this perk is really useful, but I'll give it a try.

  • @CheeseAnton said:

    I have been using breakdown for 40 games in the past week and I couldn't disagree more. The one hook has little to no value when other hooks are nearby, does nothing for basements, the 6 seconds is okay but I would rather have Alert for near consistent 5 seconds every 30 seconds. The only reason I was using it was because I thought it was two, but under my games it only was useful 5 times, and all those times could've been fixed with Saboteur or a toolbox. Imo definitely not worth it.

    I guess we just both had different matches with different outcomes.

  • I've had this perk work on maps like swamp due to hook distances sometimes

  • If all 4 survivors are using it, I could see it being fun to use, or if it lasted longer, but I don't know.

  • Breakdown is a situational perk at best. it's useful sometimes, like when the Killer is camping and you break their hook, which saves someone else temporarily, but too often hooks are too close together to make it worth using.

  • @Godot said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1621133#Comment_1621133

    I guess we just both had different matches with different outcomes.

    Yeah, probably. Who knows, maybe it's good for everyone else but me.

  • Hmm I can't really see it.

    If it's a Stealth Killer then high possibility I get unhooked and don't get any Aura reveal.

    If the Killer is Facecamping/Decides to stay close enough to the hook that I have visual or good enough estimate of their location the Aura reveal did little to nothing.

    The hook sabotaging for 3 minutes would be good except for the fact there is typically 1 or 2 hooks within carrying distance of the hook.

    The only way I could really see benefiting off of Breakdown is in a Sabo Squad and abuse the hook that got deleted for 3 minutes.

  • I mean, there are so many hooks and so close together, I don't see this perk being very useful.