Is Discordance a necessary "must use" perk?
Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong or OP about this perk. All it does is reveals a generator that has more than one survivor working on it.
But is it a "must use" perk?
I myself use it too, occasionally, but every time I play as survivor, 9 out of 10 killers have this perk in their builds. Is it really necessary to use this perk, because otherwise you won't find any survivors?
What are your reasons for having this in your builds? I'm interested, so that I may also use it too for the same reasons, in the future.
Comments
No, not at all.
But it is a decent Tracking Perk, so there is a reason why players are using it. I prefer Whispers over Discordance. (Whispers is the best tracking perk IMO)
I never actually tried Whispers, but I know the perk gives out an eerie sound when there's a survivor nearby, and it works with lockers as well, which is kind of overpowered, but Discordance is a more direct tracking perk, from the looks of it.
It just makes me think that if killers don't have this perk in their builds, they will not find any survivors without it.
Its far from a must have and I almost never use it. Its a nice early game pointer, but you will also have some games where it will never light up because the survivors are split or it will highlight a generator you know you can't save anyway.
Its not a bad perk to have, but far from one of the bests for my own tastes.
It doesn’t trigger on lockers, the sound stops. So if you were close and it turns off, someone probably went into a locker
I like discordance a lot. I don’t use it on every killer and only with specific builds. You can use it on Huntress instead of her bread and butter build, for example. So you’d bring corrupt, discordance, pop, thrill.
Goes well with Myers, Billy, etc
No, not really.
It’s always pretty obvious when a killer is using this perk, in which case once it’s suspected survivors start jumping on gens separately.
It's a good perk, not a must. It works well early game and on snowballs because that's when survivors are most likely to stack on gens.
It's a good perk. It isn't a "must-use" perk. To be honest, there really aren't any. There's some must-have boxes that need to be ticked - not having regression or slowdown of some kind is basically losing, for example, as is playing many of the cast without tracking perks. But there's no specific perks you absolutely have to use.
I use it in some of my killers. It's good early game and also late game, when there are few gens and survivors group together on them.
It's honestly one of the best learning perks I would recommend just getting legion lvl 20 to a new guy since well it will give you knowledge of spawns
Discordance teaches you that so after a bit of use you can spawn without and know where to go because 90% of the time they spawned their thanks to discordance
It later on functions as a "alert there may be a slight possibility that the survs are attempting gen rush" perk not saying thats always the case but you have that warning which allows you to prep accordingly just incase
Whispers also triggers on Lockers. Every time when a Survivor is within 32m, even on the Hook or slugged.
It is not really overpowered. Lockers should not be a safe space and it is quite obvious when you hide in the 1 Locker next to a worked on Gen and Whispers is on. But if there are multiple Lockers, the Killer will most likely not check those.
Also, something that is pro Whispers - Discordance is easier to spot from the Survivor Side. If you got on a Gen with another person and the Killer shows up shortly afterwards, quite safe that they have Discordance. This is harder with Whispers, you will see that he has Whispers when he is sticking around your area without any other obvious signs that someone is there. Also, once the Survivors realize that you have Discordance, they can split up (which is bad in two ways, first they make one of your Perks useless and second they are more effficient this way) but there is nothing you can really do against Whispers.
It seems like you're a bit salty
Top Tracking Perks imo; BBQ, Discordance, Thrilling Tremors, Surveilance.
As long as you are running one of those on all your killers, you are good to go. I normally run 2.
I prefer Surveillance as a tracking perk, but I also mainly play stealth killera and actually kick generators if Ruin is down or I don't have it.
Survivors also don't expect it at all.
Discordance definitely helps you capitalize on grouped up survivors early on in the game, if they continue to work together, then you not only know where people are, but fully disrupt 50% of the team every time you head towards the highlighted gen.
Its not the end all be all, but it most certainly is useful for protecting gens you believe are important, as 2 survivors can finish a gen rather quickly.
Necessary: No
Useful: Yes
I use it quite a bit as part of my general build which includes Discordance, BBQ, Pop and Agitation. I use Discordance mainly for early game to stop me from running around the map and checking the gen I needed to check last. It's also nice at end game to keep tabs on a 3-gen if you have it. Also, if it doesn't show up, you can assume survivors are spread out so you need to make sure to keep tabs on gens as you're chasing someone, even abandoning chase if you have to to keep pressure.
I think Whispers is overall the better perk but I personally prefer Discordance for my play style which is playing offensive early on and trying to get a hook or two and then being defensive after a couple gens are gone mainly going for 3-gens with Pop and Discordance. BBQ for points and info and Agitation is nice if hooks are far away or if you have a 3-gen you can bring people right back when they run away and apply pressure on the gens and hooked person at the same time.
No, but if BBQ didn't give bloodpoints it would be my go-to tracking perk. There's some builds where I use it anyway and it's just CONSTANT information. Even in red ranks survivors absolutely suck at working out that you're running it.
Whispers is good in very specific situations like end game gate protection, but I'd never take it over Discordance. Real, tangible information for 95% of the match is far better than "someone is nearby" 5% of the time.
Running discordance doesn't mean your not able to find anyone, it's just smart. Why would you NOT want to stop survivors from ripping a gen in 30 seconds? I don't agree with the "beggining and end" game usage since survivors will double team a gen whenever they are able, regardless of what stage the game is in. I also run BBQ and gearhead and swim in the river of salty tears post game XD. Discordance may not be a must like BBQ, but it's definitely worth a perk slot in my opinion.
I pretty much never use this perk. It's overrated IMO.
I enjoy Discordance, I usually pair this with Tinkerer to get tons of information