Would you use BBQ if it was ONLY the BP bonus

I don't think this should actually be a thing, I'm just curious to see how the answers differ from this poll

@dugman said:

I'm kind of curious on how much of the popularity of BBQ and Chili has to do with it giving a fairly large out-of-game bloodpoint bonus versus using it simply because it's a good tracking perk. There's no question the perk is popular, but how much of the popularity has to do with the BP bonus and does its tracking stand up on its own without that?

Personally I'm in the camp that without the BP bonus the perk is "ok" but I prefer using other things instead since I don't care about the bloodpoints from it. And some of the streamers I watch have sometimes commented that they mainly run BBQ and Chili for its bloodpoints, while one or two others run it specifically for the auras and don't care about the points and still a couple of others don't run it at all (I don't think I've ever seen Michi run it on his Hag for instance.)

So what's your take on it?

The reason I ask the question the other way around is that MANY people voted they wouldn't use the perk without the BP bonus, but at the same time, I almost never see WGLF on survivors, so I want to see how this affects peoples answers.

Tagged: ModTrusted

Comments

  • I used to be a WGLF gamer myself always seeking those stacks, as any true WGLF gamer knows the game is all about getting those 4 stacks - death or escape it doesn't matter as long as you get those four stacks you win.


    Eventually, it got to a point where I got tired of it. I started swapping it out for perks that had ACTUAL effects and would switch up my playstyle and do other things. Also the archives came out so I regularly began tailoring my entire build to whatever challenge I was doing at the time.

    And then eventually I completely forgot WGLF even existed and that I used to run it all the time until this thread cropped up. So I think that's a decent enough example / explanation for what I would think of BBQ being just the BP bonus.

  • Lol of course not, it’s basically like running a match with only 3 perks. The extra bp is nice but tracking survivors auras is the best part. Anyone who tells you different in this thread is in denial.

  • I don't use BBQ and Chili as it is now because I don't need the BP bonus. Maybe if the bloodpoints actually counted on the endgame score or let you exceed the 32k cap for victory points I'd consider it?

  • Probably still use only because its easy to get stacks vs. WGLF which generally ends up in you farming your team or completely killing yourself for a stack.

    it really needs to be tweaked as well as given a 2nd effect

  • only if I really had to grind

  • You can afford to waste a perk slot with WGLF on survivor, however on killer against good survivors you don't have perk slots to waste.

  • We got to have MONEY!

    2020-09-09_224107.jpg


  • I'd use it when I need too farm, but without the aura's it doesn't serve enough of a purpose too be used on a regular basis.

  • I play Doctor as my main, so the tracking is nearly useless to me. Even when I play other killers I rarely have a problem finding people. I ONLY use it for the BP, whenever I do use it.

  • Even though many people say they only use it because of the BP it’s still a very good information perk, especially on high mobility killers!

    i wouldn’t use it, but then again I have it only unlocked on Bubba at the moment so I am not using it really much either way.

  • WGLF is harder to get all four tokens in my opinion versus just hooking each survivor once. Also, since you're not competing with other survivors for chase time and gens and stuff you typically get more bloodpoints per game as killer so it makes BBQ and Chili that much more appealing to me

  • I would feel horrible to use a whole perk slot just because of how utterly outrageous the grind is and nothing else, but probably, the grind is just that bad.

  • If you play regularly... and specially if you play Killer, you'll still get lots of BP. With BBQ and WGLF, you just get them at a faster rate. And I'm in no hurry.

    Also, I stopped using WGLF a long time ago cause it's a waste of a perk slot, even more than BBQ, cause if you have a bad match, you won't get squat... with Killers though, you always get a decent amount per match, even if it was terrible for you. Should I desperately need BP for some reason: I'll do dailies, archives missions, use offerings, play during events if possible... There are many options nowadays.

    So yeah, I use BBQ for the info it gives you, so if it was solely a farming perk, I probably wouldn't equip it ever again, just like WGLF.

  • As things stand, you need to get about 500 perfect games worth of BP when a chapter comes out to P3-Max the new killer, get the new perks on all your other killers, and get the new perks on your main survivor.

    If I can play with 3 perks to cut that down to 250 games, I will.

  • I mean, I would use it, so I can get my points, but I'd feel like it was less useful.

  • I often forget I'm running BBQ and get no use out of the aura reading, so yeah, wouldn't make a big difference for me.

  • I often forget I'm running BBQ and get no use out of the aura reading, so yeah, wouldn't make a big difference for me.

  • While I would glady use a perk slot for WGLF as Survivor, Killers are too weak to be able to afford wasting a perk slot on something that does not give any gameplay benefit.

  • I love BBQ same way as I love Bitter Murmur - I use information perks in general as I find them the most useful to me in game, I usually use either BBQ or BM. Yes of course the points are a part of it, but the value I get from the perk in match, is so worth it.

  • Nope, i love me some Auras.

    I would use it regularly once a new Killer is out, to get their Teachables more quickly.

    But after that, nope, i think i'd slap on Thrilling Tremors.