Let's Talk about NOED

NOED is one of those things that's just below the belt. It can make unstoppable endgame builds with other perks. It's overpowered...or is it?

I hate to be that guy, but i'm going to explain my opinion on this perk so you can tell me how wrong i am.

I could just make a one line explanation that says "Do Bones," but i'm going to in depth instead.

-Killer has to go the match with 3 perks, and none if they do an endgame build

-A well coordinated SWF can conquer NOED

-If you get the gate open, losing becomes completely your fault

-You could actually get the gates open faster because you don't need to worry about healing.

-You can cleanse all totems before NOED activates. Sound impossible? An SWF could do it.

-Despite my initial statement, you can in fact do bones.

-If the killer wastes time chasing, your team can open the gates.

-Many survivors see NOED and their reaction is, "Oh, NOED. He must be really bad." Then they make a lot of plays they shouldn't. Even thinking in the back of your head that someone might be significantly worse than you can make a big impact.

-Use a Key.

I'll concede that NOED once the killer closes hatch is a little overpowered. And the endgame can be a nightmare with the right build.

Comments

  • Wait till people start pairing it with hex: undying.....

  • @kcwolf1975 said:

    Wait till people start pairing it with hex: undying.....

    I want to say it, but i'm not going to.

  • These sort of jebait threads are getting really tedious.

  • That Hex: Undying can easily be cleansed at the start of the match? Yeah, true. It's not an uber strong perk. I don't know what the big fuss about it is. Pretty sure the chance of Hex: Undying saving a Hex: NOED and placing it on another Dull Totem is 1 in a 100, if not 1000.

  • @kcwolf1975 said:

    Wait till people start pairing it with hex: undying.....

    If you haven't done a single totem in the game before noed activates.. well guess who is to blame?

    Or just let 1 die and get out instead of feeding the Killer a potential 4k.

  • Another one.. How many are there? like 300? Cant wait for the #301 post about noed and keys

  • I wish I could cleanse a totem to eliminate posts about NOED.

  • @kcwolf1975 said:

    Wait till people start pairing it with hex: undying.....

    Why would you care about this? They don't work well together. Noed doesn't appear on the board until the end of the game, lighting up a Dull Totem. Undying being in play just assures that people are doing Bones, all of them. The only way Undying makes a difference to Noed is IF both it and TWO dull Totems are still going at the end of the game (unlikely if people know what they are doing).

  • You keep coming back to SWF. So very, very much. Maybe you should take that into consideration.

  • Every single post/topic/complaint about NOED (and soon to be Undying) would be irrelevant if people understood the game's intended design.

    Knowing this, topics about adding a totem counter are extra lulzy.

  • @Moundshroud said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1609290#Comment_1609290

    Why would you care about this? They don't work well together. Noed doesn't appear on the board until the end of the game, lighting up a Dull Totem. Undying being in play just assures that people are doing Bones, all of them. The only way Undying makes a difference to Noed is IF both it and TWO dull Totems are still going at the end of the game (unlikely if people know what they are doing).

    That's the point. 80% of the time. Noone does dull totems. Hardly do hex totems unless its Ruin because of the moment it's noticable when doing gens. Most ignore Lullaby. Totem cleansing is situational. Unless there's a clear incentive to do bones. Most don't bother. Granted those are the ignorant.

  • @Moundshroud said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1609290#Comment_1609290

    Why would you care about this? They don't work well together. Noed doesn't appear on the board until the end of the game, lighting up a Dull Totem. Undying being in play just assures that people are doing Bones, all of them. The only way Undying makes a difference to Noed is IF both it and TWO dull Totems are still going at the end of the game (unlikely if people know what they are doing).

    I haven't played against it yet so I wasn't sure if there is a notification that undying is in play. If there is no indication then I could see it staying active because survivors usually stick to gens and won't bother looking for totems unless they know something is in play.

  • @IIITweedleIII said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1609335#Comment_1609335

    That's the point. 80% of the time. Noone does dull totems. Hardly do hex totems unless its Ruin because of the moment it's noticable when doing gens. Most ignore Lullaby. Totem cleansing is situational. Unless there's a clear incentive to do bones. Most don't bother. Granted those are the ignorant.

    But it isn't a good point. They will do the non-dull Totem, i.e. Undying so it WON'T be there at the end. :) Everyone is going to be doing MORE Bones now so Noed is going to take a severe hit.

  • @EntitledMyersMain said:

    NOED is one of those things that's just below the belt. It can make unstoppable endgame builds with other perks. It's overpowered...or is it?

    I hate to be that guy, but i'm going to explain my opinion on this perk so you can tell me how wrong i am.

    I could just make a one line explanation that says "Do Bones," but i'm going to in depth instead.

    -Killer has to go the match with 3 perks, and none if they do an endgame build

    -A well coordinated SWF can conquer NOED

    -If you get the gate open, losing becomes completely your fault

    -You could actually get the gates open faster because you don't need to worry about healing.

    -You can cleanse all totems before NOED activates. Sound impossible? An SWF could do it.

    -Despite my initial statement, you can in fact do bones.

    -If the killer wastes time chasing, your team can open the gates.

    -Many survivors see NOED and their reaction is, "Oh, NOED. He must be really bad." Then they make a lot of plays they shouldn't. Even thinking in the back of your head that someone might be significantly worse than you can make a big impact.

    -Use a Key.

    I'll concede that NOED once the killer closes hatch is a little overpowered. And the endgame can be a nightmare with the right build.

    If NOED were to get reworked, which I really think it doesn't need one, i'd do this:

    Anytime a generator gets completed, all survivors who worked on the generator have their auras revealed for 7 seconds and suffer from the exposed status effect for 8/12/16 seconds. Once the exit gates are powered, No One Escapes Death's power is transferred to a hex totem. Gain a 5% boost to speed as long as the totem stands.

    Most of your points have to do with "SWF can do it." Sure they can. They can relay who is being chased, how many totems have been cleansed, where remaining totems are, and when to open exit gates. Solo has none of this.

    Your rework makes both Bitter Murmur and Rancor useless.

  • @Moundshroud said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1609358#Comment_1609358

    But it isn't a good point. They will do the non-dull Totem, i.e. Undying so it WON'T be there at the end. :) Everyone is going to be doing MORE Bones now so Noed is going to take a severe hit.

    So far. In my experience. Noone, except my own validity, because the incentives using Inner Strength to heal up, are doing bones. Granted 9 hrs of gameplay to this point, I've not come across many using NOED. Because like I said, these totem plays are situational.

  • @IIITweedleIII said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1609378#Comment_1609378

    So far. In my experience. Noone, except my own validity, because the incentives using Inner Strength to heal up, are doing bones. Granted 9 hrs of gameplay to this point, I've not come across many using NOED. Because like I said, these totem plays are situational.

    Ok, let me put it this way... I'm a Killer Main right now. I play Michael Myers exclusively until I feel I've become competent. I assure you that people do Bones against me (or they lose). My standard list was:

    Hex: Ruin

    Hex: Thrill of the Hunt

    Play With Your Food

    Sloppy Butcher

    *Now I will be swapping either PWYF or Sloppy Butcher for Undying. I assure you that not a game goes by where I don't start losing my Totems (Dull or otherwise). With Undying in the mix, Dull Totems MUST be purged if you want to get rid of that Ruin. If you give me more time, i.e. don't go after the Ruin, I will wreck you. I can't speak to your experiences, but as a Killer I know my Survivors are doing those Bones.

  • This guy is spitting all the right facts.

  • @aEONoHM said:

    These sort of jebait threads are getting really tedious.

    This is not bait.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    You keep coming back to SWF. So very, very much. Maybe you should take that into consideration.

    I was actually going to do that next :-)

  • @DetailedDetriment said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/190106/lets-talk-about-noed

    Most of your points have to do with "SWF can do it." Sure they can. They can relay who is being chased, how many totems have been cleansed, where remaining totems are, and when to open exit gates. Solo has none of this.

    Your rework makes both Bitter Murmur and Rancor useless.

    Bitter murmur is already obsolete because of Rancor.

    Rancor allows you to have one person exposed for a long period of time and kill them.

  • @EntitledMyersMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1609397#Comment_1609397

    Bitter murmur is already obsolete because of Rancor.

    Rancor allows you to have one person exposed for a long period of time and kill them.

    The aura reveal kills Bitter Murmur.

    The temporary exposed effect after completing a gen makes Haunted Grounds seem useless in comparison to this.

    Then you're giving the killers one tier of Bloodlust plus the current end-game insta-down. NOED needs to lose the speed boost; not have it buffed.

    You're buffing NOED which in turn makes Bitter Murmur and Rancor obsolete and makes Haunted Grounds less useful.

  • @DetailedDetriment said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1609579#Comment_1609579

    The aura reveal kills Bitter Murmur.

    The temporary exposed effect after completing a gen makes Haunted Grounds seem useless in comparison to this.

    Then you're giving the killers one tier of Bloodlust plus the current end-game insta-down. NOED needs to lose the speed boost; not have it buffed.

    You're buffing NOED which in turn makes Bitter Murmur and Rancor obsolete and makes Haunted Grounds less useful.

    With the power of editing, that rework suggestion begone!

  • Run noed, hex: undying, blood warden, and play with your food. Get the speed boost, noed activates and additional boost, hook the survivor and trap the rest, let them break it 5 times before you down them all. Noed really is a viable perk If you really are living on edge and get excitement out of end game builds. That doesn't make you a bad killer. Having fun with a game you paid for shouldn't really be that big of a deal like it is.

  • @EntitledMyersMain said:

    NOED is one of those things that's just below the belt. It can make unstoppable endgame builds with other perks. It's overpowered...or is it?

    I hate to be that guy, but i'm going to explain my opinion on this perk so you can tell me how wrong i am.

    I could just make a one line explanation that says "Do Bones," but i'm going to in depth instead.

    -Killer has to go the match with 3 perks, and none if they do an endgame build

    -A well coordinated SWF can conquer NOED

    -If you get the gate open, losing becomes completely your fault

    -You could actually get the gates open faster because you don't need to worry about healing.

    -You can cleanse all totems before NOED activates. Sound impossible? An SWF could do it.

    -Despite my initial statement, you can in fact do bones.

    -If the killer wastes time chasing, your team can open the gates.

    -Many survivors see NOED and their reaction is, "Oh, NOED. He must be really bad." Then they make a lot of plays they shouldn't. Even thinking in the back of your head that someone might be significantly worse than you can make a big impact.

    -Use a Key.

    I'll concede that NOED once the killer closes hatch is a little overpowered. And the endgame can be a nightmare with the right build.

    Noed is fine just do totem don't be lazy

  • I think the issue mainly lies between SWF and Solo. Solo's are unable to communicate with their teammates, therefore no one can tell them if all the totems have been cleansed. The problem is, SWF's are able to counter NOED by communcation, Solo's don't have that advantage. The only thing solo's can rely on is their teammates to cleanse all the totems but half the time that doesn't happen.

  • Nobody escapes NOED posts.