Tiny GF Nerf

Can you guys change his locker grab animation so that locker flashlight saves work on him? It currently does not, and I would like to be able to do this on all killers.

Comments

  • @Nicholas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1604374#Comment_1604374

    No skill involved in opening a locker (among other things), even a guess especially with IM equipped. You're going on like every locker grab was a display of masterful skill that should equal a guaranteed grab. Locker grabs are a skill-free action, in a game where what The Killer sees is what prevails thus providing them with the edge in this interaction. A point you conveniently skipped over. I'm still not convinced by your points, I understand them but unmoved.

    With the exception of the guessing game which we've already been over, in all scenarios where a Survivor is grabbed, you were either skilled enough to deduce that they were there, or the Survivor put themselves in a bad position. In either scenario, how much skill the Killer displayed en solo is not what's important. What's important is how much skill and perception the Killer displayed relative to how much skill and perception the Survivor being grabbed displayed. In either scenario, the Killer displayed more than the Survivor.

  • Just gonna say it.

    Mad because bad. You have poor muscle memory and reaction time and that makes you think flashlight saves are hard to time.

    I'd hate to see you be put in scenarios that require actually good, fast reflexes and hard muscle memory.

  • @Nicholas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1604346#Comment_1604346

    I disagree, and already outlined why people go into Lockers. DS is another one of course, and I disagree on that point too. The point isn't about outsmarting or guessing, it's whether you "deserve" that grab. You're argument is that a Survivor deserves no chance thereafter but in some cases it makes sense to outsmart The Killer and jump into the Locker. I think if an ally can free you via a FL save, you and that Survivor deserve the victory by outsmarting The Killer, predicting he would go for the grab and correctly positioning yourself. It would be The Killer's fault for not surveying the area, much like a Pallet Stun or a general HO stun.

    And you couldn't be more wrong about lag, the Servers favor the killer and what he sees is what prevails. My perspective isn't factored into the calculation and the server doesn't care what I perceive. So in some instances, the gap between what you see can give The Killer a major advantage. Does he deserve it? Not in my opinion but that is the way the experience currently is until SSHV rolls out.

    The only thing that favours the killer are the melee hits, for extremely obvious reasons. Everything else is resolved server-side.

  • @Demogordon_Ramsay said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1604407#Comment_1604407

    With the exception of the guessing game which we've already been over, in all scenarios where a Survivor is grabbed, you were either skilled enough to deduce that they were there, or the Survivor put themselves in a bad position. In either scenario, how much skill the Killer displayed en solo is not what's important. What's important is how much skill and perception the Killer displayed relative to how much skill and perception the Survivor being grabbed displayed. In either scenario, the Killer displayed more than the Survivor.

    There are times where it makes sense to go into a Locker, even in front of The Killer to trigger a perk or position yourself for a FL save. This is being smarter than The Killer, and he doesn't necessarily deserve the hook. And because of the way latency favors The Killer, not every grab is deserved. That was my point based on your original broad and over inclusive argument (below) that a locker grab deserves a hook and that it is always stupid and should result in punishment. There are in fact situations where it makes sense to jump in one and merely going in one doesn't mean it was stupid.

    "If you get pulled out of a locker, you don't deserve a second chance. Period. No locker DS, no locker flashlight, nothing. If you are that monumentally stupid, the only appropriate consequence that should befall you is punishment."

  • @MadLordJack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1604360#Comment_1604360

    The only thing that favours the killer are the melee hits, for extremely obvious reasons. Everything else is resolved server-side.

    The devs said interactions with The Killer are handled by the killer client during the stream. I didn't see anything about it being limited to melee hits. The focus has been on hits because of the perceived differences from each perspective. Maybe one can clarify that point.

  • @Demogordon_Ramsay said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1604328#Comment_1604328

    My point is: It makes absolutely no sense that I'm getting blinded by a light that I cannot see.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1604330#Comment_1604330

    1. If you take the time to check the area, the Survivor leaves the locker and runs off, most likely to a safe pallet or window since 99% of lockers are located right next to those. It's a lose-lose, like the small pp build.
    2. The Survivor obviously didn't think before they acted, otherwise they wouldn't have made the dumb decision to jump in that locker. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1604329#Comment_1604329

    Difference between the Survivor getting caught and the Killer "just pressing the space bar" is, the Killer had to either see you get in the locker, hear you inside it, predict you went in there, or just guess. The only situation in which the I as the Killer didn't outright outsmart or intuitively discover you is the latter, and in that case, you took a gamble and lost. And that's just it—you LOST. In all of these scenarios, you LOST the battle. You LOST the bet. You LOST the guessing game. And you should be punished for losing.

    With regards to latency: As much as these servers suck, that honestly just sounds like you have poor Internet. That's on you.

    I have also been blinded by survivors that were not even in my sight. There was several times I was blinded by either my cheek or neck. not trying to be salty, but let's be reasonable like this dude says, I don't mind being blinded or outplayed. Just let the blind be in my sight, not some dumb stuff like my neck or whatnot lol.

  • @Nicholas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1604411#Comment_1604411

    There are times where it makes sense to go into a Locker, even in front of The Killer to trigger a perk or position yourself for a FL save. This is being smarter than The Killer, and he doesn't necessarily deserve the hook. And because of the way latency favors The Killer, not every grab is deserved. That was my point based on your original broad and over inclusive argument (below) that a locker grab deserves a hook and that it is always stupid and should result in punishment. There are in fact situations where it makes sense to jump in one and merely going in one doesn't mean it was stupid.

    "If you get pulled out of a locker, you don't deserve a second chance. Period. No locker DS, no locker flashlight, nothing. If you are that monumentally stupid, the only appropriate consequence that should befall you is punishment."

    Let me take a step back.

    My problem with locker flashlights above all else is they mess with the way lockers were made. Just from looking at the way lockers work, you don't need a dev to tell you lockers were clearly designed to be a bad position to be in if the Killer knows you are in there and/or pulls you out of it. Flashlight lockers are stupid because they turn an explicitly and exclusively bad position for the grabbed Survivor into a good one. That shouldn't be a thing. It's why I hate flashlight lockers, it's why I hate Head On, and it's why I hate locker DS. Being grabbed out of a locker should always and exclusively be a bad position for the Survivor to be in, and as far as I'm concerned, anything that can make it a good position is either an exploit, bad game balance, or both. You're not smarter than the Killer for exploiting.

    Also, I wished latency favored my Killer games. I'm so sick of swinging at a Survivor as soon as they start a vault animation and somehow missing even though the only thing my weapon could have touched was their buttcheeks. Or grabbing someone mid-locker vault only to swing at the air and let them go free.

  • Locker flashlight saves? Never heard of them, but it sounds like you blind the Killer from the side while they pull the Survivor out, which is stupid for two reasons.

    1. Jumping into a locker and being discovered should be a bad thing for the Survivor. I’m tired of seeing them become safe zones (Head On, DS, and now this flashlight BS).
    2. If you can get a blind from the side, then looking at a wall won’t work as a counter. Wouldn’t that mean that a flashlight is pretty much uncounterable if the Survivor knows how to use it? I thought that the devs removed side blinds back when they removed instablinds.
  • @Nicholas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1604427#Comment_1604427

    The devs said interactions with The Killer are handled by the killer client during the stream. I didn't see anything about it being limited to melee hits. The focus has been on hits because of the perceived differences from each perspective. Maybe one can clarify that point.

    That's observably untrue. Ranged hits, stuns, hatch and grabs, the only other interactions with the killer, are not resolved on the killers machine. Ranged attacks magically phase through survivors all the time; this is especially easy to see with Plague. You get interrupted all the time when trying to grab someone/close the hatch, and you often bait out a head on or pallet stun only to eat it from a metre away. Even blinding the killer isn't resolved on the killers machine: so often have I stared at the sky and still been magically blinded half a second later.

  • @Demogordon_Ramsay said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1604428#Comment_1604428

    Let me take a step back.

    My problem with locker flashlights above all else is they mess with the way lockers were made. Just from looking at the way lockers work, you don't need a dev to tell you lockers were clearly designed to be a bad position to be in if the Killer knows you are in there and/or pulls you out of it. Flashlight lockers are stupid because they turn an explicitly and exclusively bad position for the grabbed Survivor into a good one. That shouldn't be a thing. It's why I hate flashlight lockers, it's why I hate Head On, and it's why I hate locker DS. Being grabbed out of a locker should always and exclusively be a bad position for the Survivor to be in, and as far as I'm concerned, anything that can make it a good position is either an exploit, bad game balance, or both. You're not smarter than the Killer for exploiting.

    Also, I wished latency favored my Killer games. I'm so sick of swinging at a Survivor as soon as they start a vault animation and somehow missing even though the only thing my weapon could have touched was their buttcheeks. Or grabbing someone mid-locker vault only to swing at the air and let them go free.

    I understand your point of view and agree on most points, except HO and DS related points. Not gonna get into that bc that will hijack the topic away from GF. And I agree with you on latency. As Killer, I always think to myself I never feel advantaged especially with gen grabs where I see the animation initiated but then the Survivor scurries away. Yet as Survivor, I'm sometimes struck at great distances or grabbed from really far away. Not always bc I have had games where my interactions shouldn't connect and yet they do.

  • @SnakeSound222 said:

    Locker flashlight saves? Never heard of them, but it sounds like you blind the Killer from the side while they pull the Survivor out, which is stupid for two reasons.

    1. Jumping into a locker and being discovered should be a bad thing for the Survivor. I’m tired of seeing them become safe zones (Head On, DS, and now this flashlight BS).
    2. If you can get a blind from the side, then looking at a wall won’t work as a counter. Wouldn’t that mean that a flashlight is pretty much uncounterable if the Survivor knows how to use it? I thought that the devs removed side blinds back when they removed instablinds.

    Now I am not 100% sure about locker saves and thank god I have yet to get those types. Although I have been blinded even though the survivor or the flashlight in general was not within my sight or line of view, whatever you call it. What I am saying is flashlight blinds at lockers or things like the above mentioned should not exist. Hell you can even buff flashlight, but if you can take out those things I would be relieved.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1604436#Comment_1604436

    That's observably untrue. Ranged hits, stuns, hatch and grabs, the only other interactions with the killer, are not resolved on the killers machine. Ranged attacks magically phase through survivors all the time; this is especially easy to see with Plague. You get interrupted all the time when trying to grab someone/close the hatch, and you often bait out a head on or pallet stun only to eat it from a metre away. Even blinding the killer isn't resolved on the killers machine: so often have I stared at the sky and still been magically blinded half a second later.

    I can easily counter every point because ime it has been the opposite at times but sometimes as you say. I don't think this necessarily means anything. I have been struck by ranged attacks way out of range, I have missed stuns where The Killer was clearly in range, I have been stunned despite being out of range. I was just reporting what the devs said, maybe interaction just meant melee hits. I was under the impression that every interaction with The Killer was favored by what they see but perhaps that is wrong. I just checked everything and they don't really distinguish what is killer resolved :/

  • @Nicholas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1604456#Comment_1604456

    I can easily counter every point because ime it has been the opposite at times but sometimes as you say. I don't think this necessarily means anything. I have been struck by ranged attacks way out of range, I have missed stuns where The Killer was clearly in range, I have been stunned despite being out of range. I was just reporting what the devs said, maybe interaction just meant melee hits. I was under the impression that every interaction with The Killer was favored by what they see but perhaps that is wrong. I just checked everything and they don't really distinguish what is killer resolved :/

    Yes, shocking as it may be, when things are resolved on the server both parties get screwed over. There is no counterpoint, just more evidence. I have also had plenty of robs as survivor, I just don't see the reason to point it out: Everyone talks about how servers mess with survivor.

  • @Demogordon_Ramsay said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1604408#Comment_1604408

    Just gonna say it.

    Mad because bad. You have poor muscle memory and reaction time and that makes you think flashlight saves are hard to time.

    I'd hate to see you be put in scenarios that require actually good, fast reflexes and hard muscle memory.

    Oh really? I have bad muscle memory? I have bad reaction times? Then how did I become a first degree dan in tang soo do? I don't think that flashlights are hard. I think that locker saves are hard. Because they are.

  • @hillbillyclaudmain69 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1604412#Comment_1604412

    Oh really? I have bad muscle memory? I have bad reaction times? Then how did I become a first degree dan in tang soo do? I don't think that flashlights are hard. I think that locker saves are hard. Because they are.

    LMAO I'm sure you are.

    If you think locker saves are hard there's no way in hell you've ever moved past a white belt in any martial art.

  • ah yes..let's just waste time making sure the guy is a mile away every time we go for a locker or get saved for free..sounds perfectly fair...not to mention the variety of nap tiles affecting the counterplay..honestly..think about it

  • How about go do a generator instead of pretending to be no0b3? lol

  • How about no? ######### blind from a side is a crap do that on real life, lets see if they blind you.

  • @Demogordon_Ramsay said:

    Locker flashlight saves shouldn't even exist.

    Exactly. Things that are only counterable prematurely with certain gear equipped are BS.

  • @Demogordon_Ramsay said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1604503#Comment_1604503

    LMAO I'm sure you are.

    If you think locker saves are hard there's no way in hell you've ever moved past a white belt in any martial art.

    15995707717833601407844034578193.jpg

    Ok. Whats this then?

    @SloppyKnockout said:

    How about go do a generator instead of pretending to be no0b3? lol

    I dont like no0b3. I like flashlights, and thats the only reason I play survivor.

  • @immortalls96 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1604385#Comment_1604385

    ah yes..let's just waste time making sure the guy is a mile away every time we go for a locker or get saved for free..sounds perfectly fair...not to mention the variety of nap tiles affecting the counterplay..honestly..think about it

    You waste two seconds. Thats not even punishing.

  • How are you going to tout that and then sit here and tell me you struggle to pull off flashlight saves? You get that piece of cloth from a children's dojo or something, my guy?


    Christ, Internet tough guy out here thinking his little pictures mean he's good at a video game. Next you'll be telling me you have over 300 confirmed kills.

  • @Demogordon_Ramsay said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1605164#Comment_1605164

    How are you going to tout that and then sit here and tell me you struggle to pull off flashlight saves? You get that piece of cloth from a children's dojo or something, my guy?

    Christ, Internet tough guy out here thinking his little pictures mean he's good at a video game. Next you'll be telling me you have over 300 confirmed kills.

    I don't find flashlights hard. I find locker saves hard. Well, against non original killers bc the animation is different.

  • @hillbillyclaudmain69 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1605180#Comment_1605180

    I don't find flashlights hard. I find locker saves hard. Well, against non original killers bc the animation is different.

    And that's honestly sad. You have a black belt in Korean martial arts (assuming that belt is either real or yours, which I doubt), and you find it difficult to shine a flashlight in the general vicinity of a Killer as they're pulling someone out of a locker. I'm a fat bastard who never gets good sleep at night and even I can pull flashlight lockers off easily.

  • @Demogordon_Ramsay said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1605188#Comment_1605188

    And that's honestly sad. You have a black belt in Korean martial arts (assuming that belt is either real or yours, which I doubt), and you find it difficult to shine a flashlight in the general vicinity of a Killer as they're pulling someone out of a locker. I'm a fat bastard who never gets good sleep at night and even I can pull flashlight lockers off easily.

    Yeah. A fat bastard who probably plays 24/7, unlike me.

  • @hillbillyclaudmain69 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1604356#Comment_1604356

    Don't talk about sense in this game. The entire game does not make logical sense. Why can nurse teleport? How can demogorgon see clearly? How are there licensed characters that other survivors might recognize from a movie? Why can flashlight saves exist? Why does the entity let survivors have advantages? This game doesnt make sense at all.

    Nurse isnt actually teleporting she is merely phasing though the spirit realm.

    Ask stranger thing creator on how demo sees.. He could be like xenomophs which actually have tiny eyes that you can't see

    The entity is capable of manifesting realms and cloning locations out of memorys of other victims. So it's capable of manifesting movies

    Flashlight saves exist because killers are sensitive to light.

    The entity needs to give false hope to surrvivors to feed it self and also keep them up and running more. I've seen the void trust me it looks like not only the front Cover of a walking dead comic. But it's pretty full

    Belive it or not dbd is not og ms marvel where she just got powers dbd has its own lore and reasons why certain things exist

  • Hardly lol, I hate this game. Hell, when I do play, I play Killer because Survivor is just so boring. Nothing about playing Survivor feels intuitive or skill-based, including your precious locker saves.

  • It takes more than 2 seconds to sufficiently check..and having to do that EVERY locker would result in a big issue..remember pallet kicks take 3 seconds and it gives survivors a lot of time for free..seconds count for killers

  • @Demogordon_Ramsay said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1604354#Comment_1604354

    1. That just lets me get blinded from a wider angle, including even more areas outside of my new wider FoV.
    2. Just admit that it makes no logical sense that you can get blinded by a light you cannot see.

    but.. you can see it, on a majority of killers. i can clearly see it playing trapper which is why i've learned like with and against any swf team, to bait locker grabs on occasion.

    its also far harder then a regular blind to pull off. requires coordination for the most part. its just like any other pick up blind imo.

    besides if their doing it, it means they 1 - have a flashlight meaning no toolbox or medkit/key 2 - have likely got head on and quick and quiet meaning less looping perks/gen rushing and saving perks. 3 - are going to be spending more time messing around attempting to go for these saves then doing gens. 4 - it means garunteeing a ds, which you can either bait out, tank at the start of a match, or slug to make them lose when they attempt to jump out of a locker.

    flashlights are detrimental to survivors unless in the hands of someone in a tournament level skill set. they encourage you to go for saves (easily baited or countered by running lightborn when you see them in the lobby) and encourage not running away immediately when a killer kicks a pallet. The only real use flashlights have is against wratihs and hags. otherwise most people just use them wrong imo. I'm far more afraid of a 3-4 medkit squad, or key/toolbox squad then i am of flashlights when there are so many active counters.

    if anything flashlights need a solid buff. not instant blinds, or like, longer blind time because that could get way out of hand too quickly, but just more use cases then "blinding at pallets" and encouraging "blind saves", which are occasionally useful, but more often then not cause survivors to messup incredibly quickly.

  • @Maelstrom10 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1604356#Comment_1604356

    but.. you can see it, on a majority of killers. i can clearly see it playing trapper which is why i've learned like with and against any swf team, to bait locker grabs on occasion.

    its also far harder then a regular blind to pull off. requires coordination for the most part. its just like any other pick up blind imo.

    besides if their doing it, it means they 1 - have a flashlight meaning no toolbox or medkit/key 2 - have likely got head on and quick and quiet meaning less looping perks/gen rushing and saving perks. 3 - are going to be spending more time messing around attempting to go for these saves then doing gens. 4 - it means garunteeing a ds, which you can either bait out, tank at the start of a match, or slug to make them lose when they attempt to jump out of a locker.

    flashlights are detrimental to survivors unless in the hands of someone in a tournament level skill set. they encourage you to go for saves (easily baited or countered by running lightborn when you see them in the lobby) and encourage not running away immediately when a killer kicks a pallet. The only real use flashlights have is against wratihs and hags. otherwise most people just use them wrong imo. I'm far more afraid of a 3-4 medkit squad, or key/toolbox squad then i am of flashlights when there are so many active counters.

    if anything flashlights need a solid buff. not instant blinds, or like, longer blind time because that could get way out of hand too quickly, but just more use cases then "blinding at pallets" and encouraging "blind saves", which are occasionally useful, but more often then not cause survivors to messup incredibly quickly.

    Sorry, but if I don't see a big bright light beam shining on my screen when I get blinded, I didn't see a big bright light beam shining on my screen when I get blinded and it shouldn't have blinded me.

    Also, it's not hard to time a blind. Like, at all. It takes basic timing.

    "if anything flashlights need a solid buff."

    Dear God no. The only thing that should happen to flashlights is their deletion. If I wanted other players to freely have the ability to take away my ability to see I'd go play Counter Strike.

  • @Demogordon_Ramsay said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1607528#Comment_1607528

    Sorry, but if I don't see a big bright light beam shining on my screen when I get blinded, I didn't see a big bright light beam shining on my screen when I get blinded and it shouldn't have blinded me.

    Also, it's not hard to time a blind. Like, at all. It takes basic timing.

    "if anything flashlights need a solid buff."

    Dear God no. The only thing that should happen to flashlights is their deletion. If I wanted other players to freely have the ability to take away my ability to see I'd go play Counter Strike.

    Bro how many times do you even get blinded outside of a pallet stun. if its above once per match i think your doing something wrong and i feel obligated to teach/help you out.

  • @Maelstrom10 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1607556#Comment_1607556

    Bro how many times do you even get blinded outside of a pallet stun. if its above once per match i think your doing something wrong and i feel obligated to teach/help you out.

    Bro do you actually struggle to hold M2 in front of a Killer?

    Of course I don't get blinded. Most Survivors are awful.

  • @Demogordon_Ramsay said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1607528#Comment_1607528

    Sorry, but if I don't see a big bright light beam shining on my screen when I get blinded, I didn't see a big bright light beam shining on my screen when I get blinded and it shouldn't have blinded me.

    Also, it's not hard to time a blind. Like, at all. It takes basic timing.

    "if anything flashlights need a solid buff."

    Dear God no. The only thing that should happen to flashlights is their deletion. If I wanted other players to freely have the ability to take away my ability to see I'd go play Counter Strike.

    If you thinks flashlights need to be deleted, youre bad. They only exist to punish killers for poor positioning.

  • @Demogordon_Ramsay said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1607581#Comment_1607581

    Bro do you actually struggle to hold M2 in front of a Killer?

    Of course I don't get blinded. Most Survivors are awful.

    Do you get flashlight locker saved every game to the point of filling 3 pages of the discussion full of replies on why they are BS?

    The discussion was about ghostface not being blinded by the locker’s angle and you wrote an entire book on why they are bullshit, but have you heard the very simple basic trick of running lightborn when you see flashlights in the lobby? it’s an intentional game design to see what items survivors are bringing and strategize accordingly, sure quick switching exists.. but you need to consider how rare this can be.

    First, you gotta queue up as killer, then you gotta face a swf, the first two sentences aren’t rare whatsoever, but then they need to quick switch, then you need to chase someone and they need to jump into the locker, then the locker must not be on a long wall otherwise no angle is possible, then there must be someone around, and a lot of swf tend to chase their injured buddy who is being chased to get a save which means 2 survivors arent doing gens, then you must grab them, AND THEN they must get the timing right. just look at all these variables and tell me how often you ACTUALLY get them?

  • @Clockso said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1607602#Comment_1607602

    Do you get flashlight locker saved every game to the point of filling 3 pages of the discussion full of replies on why they are BS?

    The discussion was about ghostface not being blinded by locker’s angle and you wrote an entire book on why they are bullshit, but have you heard the very simple basic trick of running lightborn when you see flashlights in the lobby? it’s an intentional game design to see what items survivors are bringing and strategize accordingly

    This. Thank you.

  • @hillbillyclaudmain69 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1607556#Comment_1607556

    If you thinks flashlights need to be deleted, youre bad. They only exist to punish killers for poor positioning.

    If you think flashlights are that weak, you're bad. They exist to be annoying second chances that erase the Killer's ability to see.


    @Clockso said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1607602#Comment_1607602

    Do you get flashlight locker saved every game to the point of filling 3 pages of the discussion full of replies on why they are BS?

    The discussion was about ghostface not being blinded by locker’s angle and you wrote an entire book on why they are bullshit, but have you heard the very simple basic trick of running lightborn when you see flashlights in the lobby? it’s an intentional game design to see what items survivors are bringing and strategize accordingly

    Ah yes, let me just sacrifice a Perk slot on Lightborn and muck up my entire build because a Survivor clicked on a shiny stick in the pre-game lobby. Such a fun and intuitive counter.

  • freddys launge is deceptive but is the same as any other killer, except myers tier 3 because he has a damn fine launge.

  • @Demogordon_Ramsay said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1607624#Comment_1607624

    If you think flashlights are that weak, you're bad. They exist to be annoying second chances that erase the Killer's ability to see.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1607630#Comment_1607630

    Ah yes, let me just sacrifice a Perk slot on Lightborn and muck up my entire build because a Survivor clicked on a shiny stick in the pre-game lobby. Such a fun and intuitive counter.

    oh no!!!!!! not my 1 perk slot DDDDD: WHAT WILL I EVER DO WITHOUT MY PRECIOUS THRILLING , CORRUPT, SLOPPY AND POP

    do remember that by using 1 perk slot you are completely nullifying the survivors items and their play style, and i find it extremely satisfying when survivors hover around me like flies only to realize i have lightborn, idk about you but it’s satisfying af

  • @Clockso said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1607644#Comment_1607644

    oh no!!!!!! not my 1 perk slot DDDDD: WHAT WILL I EVER DO WITHOUT MY PRECIOUS THRILLING , CORRUPT, SLOPPY AND POP

    do remember that by using 1 perk slot you are completely nullifying the survivors items and their play style, and i find it extremely satisfying when survivors hover around me like flies only to realize i have lightborn, idk about you but it’s satisfying af

    If the Survivors are actually good, the loss of that one Perk can and will be huge. Even more so if I were trying to make an actual build that highly depended on Perk synergy.

    But let me guess, if I asked you to switch out one of your four second chances for Calm Spirit to counter Doctor, you'd throw a hissy fit and call it unfair?

  • @Demogordon_Ramsay said:

    Locker flashlight saves shouldn't even exist.

    Yes let's remove a skill cap not every survivor can do. The only reason its popular is because the animation is long enough ot be far away and hit it.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1604282#Comment_1604282

    Yes let's remove a skill cap not every survivor can do. The only reason its popular is because the animation is long enough ot be far away and hit it.

    This man called flashlight blinding a "skill" cap.

  • @Demogordon_Ramsay said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1607668#Comment_1607668

    If the Survivors are actually good, the loss of that one Perk can and will be huge. Even more so if I were trying to make an actual build that highly depended on Perk synergy.

    But let me guess, if I asked you to switch out one of your four second chances for Calm Spirit to counter Doctor, you'd throw a hissy fit and call it unfair?

    So you just see 4 flashies in the lobby and be like “eh i aint gonna run lightborn cuz i rly rly RLY gotta run a synergy build without lightborn even though they might locker save, but i aint gonna run it cuz its like uh not fun and intuitive however i will complain in the forums about them”

    and also you’re using a stale “wHaT aBOut sEcOnd cHanCe pErks” where if i say “i dont use second chance perks a lot” you’ll just sarcastically say “sure.....”

    and for the record calm spirit is a very badly designed perk, no perk should single handily counter an entire power, same thing with slippery meat where it just counter trapper,

    and why would i run calm spirit every round when i know there are 15 other killers besides doc? you waste a slot on lightborn knowing well you’ll get use out of it CUZ YOU CAN SEE THE FLASHLIGHTS, but i run calm spirit not knowing if the killer will be doc or not. If you refuse to adapt, run lightborn, check the area before grabbing, then there’s always dodging the lobby if flashlights are too troublesome for you.

    and this will be my last comment on the discussion cuz your killer bias is just too strong for me to reason with or argue

  • Yes I did because if it wasnt every survivor would be able to pull off flashlights saves, locker saves, cj techs, awkward angles. It has a skill cap even the blueberry herself spirit while being relatively easy has a skill cap.

  • @Clockso said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1607684#Comment_1607684

    So you just see 4 flashies in the lobby and be like “eh i aint gonna run lightborn cuz i rly rly RLY gotta run a synergy build without lightborn even though they might locker save, but i aint gonna run it cuz its like uh not fun and intuitive however i will complain in the forums about them”

    and also you’re using a stale “wHaT aBOut sEcOnd cHanCe pErks” where if i say “i dont use second chance perks a lot” you’ll just sarcastically say “sure.....”

    and for the record calm spirit is a very badly designed perk, no perk should single handily counter an entire power, same thing with slippery meat where it just counter trapper,

    and why would i run calm spirit every round when i know there are 15 other killers besides doc? you waste a slot on lightborn knowing well you’ll get use out of it CUZ YOU CAN SEE THE FLASHLIGHTS, but i run calm spirit not knowing if the killer will be doc or not. If you refuse to adapt, run lightborn, check the area before grabbing, then there’s always dodging the lobby if flashlights are too troublesome for you.

    and this will be my last comment on the discussion cuz your killer bias is just too strong for me to reason with or argue

    Yeah, I shouldn't have to destroy my build just so I don't get punished because Survivors hold M2 in a 12-mile radius of my character.

    And yeah, I'm sure you don't run any second chances at all. I'm suuuure you don't.

    I mentioned a hypothetical scenario where you could see the Killer. The fact you couldn't deduce that just shows how big-brained you truly are.

    @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1607704#Comment_1607704

    Yes I did because if it wasnt every survivor would be able to pull off flashlights saves, locker saves, cj techs, awkward angles. It has a skill cap even the blueberry herself spirit while being relatively easy has a skill cap.

    Most Survivors also can't hold W, apparently. That's why Legion has a kill rate above 0%.

    Just because "not everyone can do it" doesn't mean it's hard. Not everyone can replace a toilet seat, but it's quite easy to do. It's an even worse metric for DBD since most people are terrible at the game—case in point, people who think flashlight saves are hard.

  • @Demogordon_Ramsay said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1607706#Comment_1607706

    Yeah, I shouldn't have to destroy my build just so I don't get punished because Survivors hold M2 in a 12-mile radius of my character.

    And yeah, I'm sure you don't run any second chances at all. I'm suuuure you don't.

    I mentioned a hypothetical scenario where you could see the Killer. The fact you couldn't deduce that just shows how big-brained you truly are.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1607711#Comment_1607711

    Most Survivors also can't hold W, apparently. That's why Legion has a kill rate above 0%.

    Just because "not everyone can do it" doesn't mean it's hard. Not everyone can replace a toilet seat, but it's quite easy to do. It's an even worse metric for DBD since most people are terrible at the game—case in point, people who think flashlight saves are hard.

    Holding w is boring that's why nobody does it. Also it may be easy when you know it but not when you first learn as most things in life are.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1607796#Comment_1607796

    Holding w is boring that's why nobody does it. Also it may be easy when you know it but not when you first learn as most things in life are.

    Doing gens is also boring. Should Survivors stop doing that?

    It's not hard to learn. Flashlight saves are easy to learn, easy to understand, and easy to do. They're just easy.

  • @Demogordon_Ramsay said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1608021#Comment_1608021

    Doing gens is also boring. Should Survivors stop doing that?

    It's not hard to learn. Flashlight saves are easy to learn, easy to understand, and easy to do. They're just easy.

    You arent understanding you dont have to hold w but you have to do gens.

    Flashlight saves are easy for you and me but I know people who say they cant do it. I dont understand why cant you get the fact that not everyone is gonna pick up flashlights quickly/easily.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1608033#Comment_1608033

    You arent understanding you dont have to hold w but you have to do gens.

    Flashlight saves are easy for you and me but I know people who say they cant do it. I dont understand why cant you get the fact that not everyone is gonna pick up flashlights quickly/easily.

    If you want to actually divert the Killer as effectively as possible? Yes, you have to learn how to hold W.


    Flashlight saves are just easy in general. They have a huge window for timing and aiming; it's so very lenient. Anyone who finds it hard is just bad.

  • @SCP_FOR_DBD said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1604304#Comment_1604304

    You could just check your immediate area for this survivor. The point of flashlights is to punish unaware killers and bad plays.

    Why is every "counter" that survivors use for Killers to waste a monumental amount of time and give up pressure/take massive risks? Yeah, let me go check every corner of the immediate area, and in doing so give the dude in the locker a massive chance to escape since lockers are almost always near windows/pallets/loops. Let's pretend it's super hard to just stealth around a bit or even sit a little further away since the locker animation is so long you can just sprint forward and get the blind even for 20 meters away.

    I don't know what game you guys are playing, but dedicating massive amounts of time to these kinds of searches is a surefire way to lose games. Just like jumping into a locker when the killer can see you should result in the same.

    Luckily this isn't a massive problem because most people with flashlights are morons, so it's not the end of the world or anything. Heck, most times I see locker savers it's some sort of duo doing a meme head-on build and intentionally losing the game to get some stuns/saves in, and in that case it's kind of fun and I'll play along.

    Be that as it may, a killer should not be punished for making an optimal play and then sabotaging that play by performing a deep search of the area on the off-chance some schmuck has a flashlight. On regular pickups? Sure. You can prepare for that by facing a direction, faking it, etc. With locker grabs there's reaaaally not much you can do.

  • @Xbob42 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1604306#Comment_1604306

    Why is every "counter" that survivors use for Killers to waste a monumental amount of time and give up pressure/take massive risks? Yeah, let me go check every corner of the immediate area, and in doing so give the dude in the locker a massive chance to escape since lockers are almost always near windows/pallets/loops. Let's pretend it's super hard to just stealth around a bit or even sit a little further away since the locker animation is so long you can just sprint forward and get the blind even for 20 meters away.

    I don't know what game you guys are playing, but dedicating massive amounts of time to these kinds of searches is a surefire way to lose games. Just like jumping into a locker when the killer can see you should result in the same.

    Luckily this isn't a massive problem because most people with flashlights are morons, so it's not the end of the world or anything. Heck, most times I see locker savers it's some sort of duo doing a meme head-on build and intentionally losing the game to get some stuns/saves in, and in that case it's kind of fun and I'll play along.

    Be that as it may, a killer should not be punished for making an optimal play and then sabotaging that play by performing a deep search of the area on the off-chance some schmuck has a flashlight. On regular pickups? Sure. You can prepare for that by facing a direction, faking it, etc. With locker grabs there's reaaaally not much you can do.

    Are you kidding me? Since when did it take a monumental amount of time to check a corner? Every corner? Can you really not take advantage of your camera and search a few at once? And if you can grab a survivor out of a locker they probably don't realize you know where they are, so the chances of them ditching when you leave is basically 0. Do you really not pay enough attention to your surroundings to know when someone is stalking you for a rescue? These stuns never stop me when I'm playing killer, why should it stop anyone else?

1 2 3