Survivors should really stop being so altruistic

I've seen so many won games literally threw into 4k because some people just refused to do objective or leave because of their buddies got caught and was being camped. People should learn that not everyone could be saved.

Comments

  • @Justalittlepeeck said:

    I've seen so many won games literally threw into 4k because some people just refused to do objective or leave because of their buddies got caught and was being camped. People should learn that not everyone could be saved.

    Altruistic survivors make my Legion games a blood carnival. Hit, mend, heal, hit, mend, heal, hit, mend, heal

  • and I've seen so many game lost/won because the average survivor doesn't understand the importance of not letting the teammate going 2nd state/dying, unwilling to do a trade or even take a hit.

  • Killers should really stop being so aggressive. I've seen so many won games literally threw into 3/4 escapes because the killer took one chase and didn't call it off when they should have or tried to tunnel the wrong person. People should learn that not everybody can be killed.


    And now I wait. Let's see how the double standard plays out. Not picking on you, Justalittlepeeck, just half the forums.

  • Unhooks a survivor in front of me then expects me not to down them and rehook them. I'll gladly take a two second ds stun and get them 10 seconds later

  • If my escape is not a goal for some challenge I would always try to save hooked survivor when all gens done and gates 99'd. I won't be upset if I die trying.

  • @PigMainClaudette said:

    Killers should really stop being so aggressive. I've seen so many won games literally threw into 3/4 escapes because the killer took one chase and didn't call it off when they should have or tried to tunnel the wrong person. People should learn that not everybody can be killed.

    And now I wait. Let's see how the double standard plays out. Not picking on you, Justalittlepeeck, just half the forums.

    Well, yeah, can't win a chase - abandon it, otherwise you are putting too much on it, since you would have to camp that person in order to get a little chance to at least get a draw

  • @PigMainClaudette said:

    Killers should really stop being so aggressive. I've seen so many won games literally threw into 3/4 escapes because the killer took one chase and didn't call it off when they should have or tried to tunnel the wrong person. People should learn that not everybody can be killed.

    And now I wait. Let's see how the double standard plays out. Not picking on you, Justalittlepeeck, just half the forums.

    The funny thing there is that I've seen it lead to tunneling the bad loopers out of the game. Like the killer will still ambush/hit the good looper when they get the chance or pressure them a little to get them off gens but they don't ever commit to chases.

  • Why? If the match was boring with little killer interaction and I have the choice to either leave or stick around and try to save someone but possibly die in the process, I’ll usually take the second option. It’s more fun for the guy on the hook, it’s more fun for me, and it’s more fun for the killer. Everyone gets more bloodpoints, more emblems, and can use their items/perks/add ons/powers. It’s way more fun, even if I die.

    Edit: Unless they’re face camping with gens still up, I won’t bother then and will just rush objective. Don’t want to reward brain dead camping.

  • @Terro said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1602789#Comment_1602789

    The funny thing there is that I've seen it lead to tunneling the bad loopers out of the game. Like the killer will still ambush/hit the good looper when they get the chance or pressure them a little to get them off gens but they don't ever commit to chases.

    It was a bait comment to see if people would show a massive double-standard. That and there are actually tunnellers who do it anyway.

  • @Terro said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1602789#Comment_1602789

    The funny thing there is that I've seen it lead to tunneling the bad loopers out of the game. Like the killer will still ambush/hit the good looper when they get the chance or pressure them a little to get them off gens but they don't ever commit to chases.

    I've had people complain why did you go for them I was closer. I had to explain I'd spent far more time chasing them then I had to others. When it became clear it would take a lot more time to down them I changed priority and saved them for later since they were so intent on getting my attention I didn't have to worry as much about gens. Turned a frustrating time sink into a fun handful of laps around the shack between last gen and the gate not opening. I needed to change my underwear when I wasn't greeted with hostility.

  • @PigMainClaudette said:

    Killers should really stop being so aggressive. I've seen so many won games literally threw into 3/4 escapes because the killer took one chase and didn't call it off when they should have or tried to tunnel the wrong person. People should learn that not everybody can be killed.

    And now I wait. Let's see how the double standard plays out. Not picking on you, Justalittlepeeck, just half the forums.

    How dare you imply that I, as an m1 killer, SHOULDN'T be able to down survivors in 10 seconds at a jungle gym-into-shack-into-path-pallet setup, then proceed to facecamp them because I'm extremely lazy but like to justify it to myself as "efficiency."

  • @Justalittlepeeck said:

    I've seen so many won games literally threw into 4k because some people just refused to do objective or leave because of their buddies got caught and was being camped. People should learn that not everyone could be saved.

    I've basically suicided in the post EDC one man on hook + facecamp scenario multiple times since the rest of the match may have been extremely boring for me holding M1 (since running at the killer because I'm bored was never my thing) and eliciting a single chase would be a good time. I never really put my emphasis on walking out the door to leave people behind for bloodpoints once I've gotten through the point where "We're gonna live forever" stopped being a staple for me and every survivor/killer has reached level 50 with a majority or all perks unlocked.

    Occasionally being super altruistic at EDC is fine - the other people have the option to leave, if the killer gets another kill - more power to him. Maybe doing a 1 for 1 trade for that guy on hook might make a difference in the day for him (because being sacrificed doesn't matter to me), if we all go in for the save and die together than I assume they understood that risk.

    As a killer or even a survivor, I hate it when people swarm the hook when 5 gens are left to be done and the killer (or me) just sit there shooting fish in a barrel because they're all just wasting time and forcing a camp by very obviously being on screen with no one on generators anywhere (Can't really run off to pressure generators if no one is doing one, amirite?)

  • It's another of these no win scenarios:

    You evaluate your chances and make a run for it, you'll get scolded for not helping (whether in chat or in threads complaining about people being selfish). you evaluate your chances and go for the save and it fails, you get threads like this.

  • It's one of the things about playing this game as a survivor main that frustrates me the most. The majority of complaints survivors have in this game are problems of their own creation. This illustration is a perfect example. If you are going to unhook someone while the killer is standing right there you gave them 2 easy targets. The solution to that is for survivors to play smarter, not complain that killers took advantage of their lack of strategy.

  • @Justalittlepeeck said:

    I've seen so many won games literally threw into 4k because some people just refused to do objective or leave because of their buddies got caught and was being camped. People should learn that not everyone could be saved.

    When I play as killer I love it when they are too altruistic - makes my job much easier, especially when they decide to hook dive..

    As survivor though, the times I've been screwed over because someone decided to run the killer round where I was hooked (which meant no one else would come in for the rescue), or insisted on healing me so alarted the killer to where I had been quietly hiding but was now trying to get away from some idiot in bright clothing who kept grabbing me. Then there's the ones who come rushing in to take me off the hook with the killer right behind them so I get flattened and the ones who, once rescued, will insist on trying to heal me to the point they will chase me all over the map (I tried it to see just how intent they were).

    All survivors need to do is have a bit of common sense - if someone doesn't want you to heal them, accept it and go do gens or help someone else - they may have a good reason not to want you to heal them. If you go for a save and the killer chases you, lead them away from the hook so someone can do the rescue. If the killer's nearby looking for the unhooked player, don't give them away; you can always heal them when the killer has gone.

    So many times a game that was going well for the survivors was lost because of one survivior who just HAD to be that altruistic, they screwed up everyone else's game. Comne on guys and gals, it's not rocket science!

  • @Justalittlepeeck said:

    I've seen so many won games literally threw into 4k because some people just refused to do objective or leave because of their buddies got caught and was being camped. People should learn that not everyone could be saved.

    at this point do you think people play for getting out? survivors could potentially easily win most matches but this is not a tourney where escaping matters. people are trying to have fun and escape with their friends... escaping is easy and nobody cares about that but instead going for the risky rewarding plays. unless is a face camping buba i may not even try, but if buba is not face camping there is no reason to not give it a try, it happened yesterday we got all the gens against a bubba but when the last gen poped he got 2 nearby... it oculd of been a 2 man escape but it wasnt because i tried to save i had unbrekable but it wasnt enough in teh end he got us all... actually one escaped by crawling was hilarious.... so it doesnt matter we all had fun unless i had a very important item i dont care about dying and i usually bring at best a brown medkit to the trial so there is that i really dont care about escaping.

  • Who cares if they throw a match? If they wanna do it, let them lmao, being altruistic and causing chaos is one of the most fun parts of DbD. If a group of friends wanna throw themselves at the killer and do dumb ######### for fun so what? It's more fun than sitting on a gen holding M1