Nitpick About Pyramid Head
Ever since I picked up PH something felt off when I hit someone, It was really starting to annoy me. I never realized what it was till I watched a Silent Hill 2 video today.
Heres an image of him swinging in SH2
Heres him swinging in DBD (Sorry for IGN it was the fastest image I could find)
He swings the f*cking sword underhanded instead of overhand and it just doesn't feel right. It always felt like he was lacking a certain oomph when he hit someone, if that makes sense.
He swings the sword overhand in final judgment though, and that feels WAY more impactful to me.
The change was likely because of hitboxes and wind up but I wish they went with it, would have made him stand out just a little more from his peers.
BHVR pls fix hes unplayable without the big boi smack.


Comments
He does an over head swing for his mini mori execution if that counts. Don't see how they can change the under arm bowl effect for M1 without compromising the executions value
I know, I just wish they would extend that to his normal smack.
I think it's fine as it is
Would have loved to see that overhead swing for breaking pallets and walls too
Or another thing they could've done with walls is he just stabs through the top and yanks down, breaking it.
The animation wouldn't make any sort of sense, given the necessity to be rather quick.
Then they could make it more unique by giving it a longer startup but more range, kinda like Oni but at base.
For me a sword is a bigger knife. I don't call a 5ft blade a knife even though it is. It just sounds wrong to me for some reason.
I just looked it up and it looks like it would actually be classified as a sword judging by its length. That makes the name a little weird.
As someone who's done various sword training for 20+ years, the underhanded swing, which is typically weaker on a long sword, makes sense for the mere injury he gives them. Though I agree from an aesthetic sense, it is very underwhelming when you have a huge supernatural fellow wielding a huge fantasy sword.
I suppose thats the reasoning for it not instadowning people in DBD like in SH2. I wish they would have found some other way to represent his body horror aspect though.
That blade makes me wonder if Cloud took a wrong turn and ended up in Silent Hill, because it has Buster Sword vibes. C'mon, just give us a peek under that helmet, PH. I just want to make sure.
Thats true, but the blade has been manipulated enough from its original state as a kitchen knife that a case can be made for it now being a sword rather than a knife. With it being so big. Names don't make much sense, especially since theres the whole symbolism thing with SH.
DBD isn't that kind of game
What do you mean by "That kind of game"?
Let me put it this way: Pigs terror radius used to be unique at 28m. She was the only killer in her class. Then they made her a standard 32m killer, not because she was OP, but because she was different. Which, by the way, was a huge nerf and forced M&A to be a staple perk on a goddamned stealth killer.
Myers is the only killer to be 105% at base and the only killer with varying lunge levels. Nurse and Wraith are the only killers to get lightburn. While these are all old examples the devs have yet to change them for years. While the devs have definitely screwed up in the past just to normalize killers they have also given other killers unique attributes specific to them.
And how old are those killers? They wouldnt even remotely be like that if released today. Not to mention the fact that both of those mechanics are directly related to powers.
Quite old, however the devs kept the changes in, unlike pig, so they are clearly fine with them. They also keep giving characters unique TRs, why is a unique lung out of the question?
That first picture makes me chuckle.
"Top ten images taken before disasters"
What unique Terror Radius? The game has 2 variants: 32m and 24m.
And, I don't know if you know this, but not all killers had the same lunge. 110 killers had a somewhat shorter one, but this was changed to normalise everyone.
I was referring to huntresses 20 TR with 25 extra lullaby, And the 24 TR since its different. I wish they had kept the lunge change, that would have been cool. I think the devs changing something or introducing a new mechanic for the sake of staying true to something isn't entirely out of the question, since they've done it before.
And yet it is the lesser side of the argument, since they have far more often removed uniqueness than created it.
Oh definitely, its very likely this will stay. However my point was that this is the kind of game where stuff like this can occur. Also, this is a little unrelated but I wish they would change Pigs TR down to 24 meters, it would be so nice.
I think he should get an Egyptian themed skin with a razor sharp staff, hieroglyphics all over his body an a sandy pyramid head...
but he’s a license😔
Tbf, you should really compare what his attack looks like in third person. He whips that thing over to his left then drags it back to his right quickly.