Hex totems maybe a bit to hidden now?

I don't know know how good you guys are at playing wild Easter totem hunt, but when me and random teammates get a hex ruin user it takes us 3+ minuets to find it. Not only is this perk boring to deal with it's honestly kind of broken. you can run gen to gen with fast killers like wraith, billy, spirit ect. to push survivors off gens. Totems have been annoying since I started playing, I wish their could be a better replacement for them but I feel like no one agrees.

Comments

  • Have you tried using detective hunch or small game?

    they can help you remember the most common totom placements

  • Were you around for the old ruin? If you weren't, this version of it a lot weaker and much easier to deal with

  • @shadowman0105 said:

    Have you tried using detective hunch or small game?

    they can help you remember the most common totom placements

    Sounds like alot if maps to memorize, even then aren't the spawns random?

  • @kreeper124 said:

    Were you around for the old ruin? If you weren't, this version of it a lot weaker and much easier to deal with

    I was and I much prefer old ruin, that's what got me good at great skill checks.

  • Devs already commented on hiding totems in places that were harder to find.

    They did this pretty good on Hawkins, Midwich, Lerys maps, and I think Sanctum also... I can never locate the totems on that one! DeadDawg wasn’t too hard to find them. They’ll probs keep hiding them better on new maps they create and old maps they rework, like Lerys.

    I bring a Rainbow Map with an odd stamp an retardant gel sometimes. That helps.

  • @kreeper124 said:

    Were you around for the old ruin? If you weren't, this version of it a lot weaker and much easier to deal with

    Disagree.

    It’s quite frustrating being chased off a gen that was nearly repaired, only to return after losing the killer and the gen has pretty much regressed to zero.

  • @Xyvielia said:

    Devs already commented on heading totems in places that were harder to find.

    They did this pretty good on Hawkins, Midwich, Lerys maps, and I think Sanctum also... I can never locate the totems on that one! DeadDawg wasn’t too hard to find them. They’ll probs keep hiding them better on new maps they create and old maps they rework, like Lerys.

    I bring a Rainbow Map with an odd stamp an retardant gel sometimes. That helps.

    Okay I'll try that out, I just struggle with the big maps Wich is like 70% of the maps.

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1600210#Comment_1600210

    Disagree.

    It’s quite frustrating being chased off a gen that was nearly repaired, only to return after losing the killer and the gen has pretty much regressed to zero.

    Absolutely, super annoying, a huge time waster and sometimes even costs the game.

  • @mightygiraffe said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1600206#Comment_1600206

    Sounds like alot if maps to memorize, even then aren't the spawns random?

    it comes with practice and map knowledge I’m not saying memorize every single totem placement possible just the more common places a totem can spawn

  • @shadowman0105 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1600212#Comment_1600212

    it comes with practice and map knowledge I’m not saying memorize every single totem placement possible just the more common places a totem can spawn

    I've been playing for almost 3 years now and know most common spawns, but when a new map is introduced and everyone and their mom uses a hazy reagent It gets harder to find them.

  • Opposite problem: as killer how many times have I had my totems in the most visible locations, or even when they're not they are found in the first 2 minutes disabling a WHOLE PERK. Well hidden totems is a good thing in my opinion. Learning totem locations is part of learning to play.

  • Don't worry, sometimes you can even find totems in open areas.

  • @TecmagDiams said:

    Opposite problem: as killer how many times have I had my totems in the most visible locations, or even when they're not they are found in the first 2 minutes disabling a WHOLE PERK. Well hidden totems is a good thing in my opinion. Learning totem locations is part of learning to play.

    Evidence A (First match in a long long time running any hex perks due to frustration with a Challenge, and of course this happens)

    whyjolenewhy.jpg


  • @MeltingPenguins said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1600600#Comment_1600600

    Evidence A (First match in a long long time running any hex perks due to frustration with a Challenge, and of course this happens)

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/40MMQEWB3NVT/whyjolenewhy.jpg

    That totem placement really isn’t too bad, it’s not near a gen and it’s not out in the open (no survivor would see it from a distance). It’s not hidden by any boxes or whatever but they’d only see it either while being chased there, or while looking for it.

  • @xenotimebong said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1600608#Comment_1600608

    That totem placement really isn’t too bad, it’s not near a gen and it’s not out in the open (no survivor would see it from a distance). It’s not hidden by any boxes or whatever but they’d only see it either while being chased there, or while looking for it.

    iirc it's the garage leading down to one of the gens...

  • I mean I had a game where my devour was right beside one of the gens, in the main building of yamaoka they completed said gen, devour stayed up all game, and I was complained at in the end game for, abusing bullshit totem placement, I honestly dont know how they didnt see the glow in the time they were working on that gen, and how they didnt think to look there when they saw j had devour up. So I dont know what's up with the totems, are some of them just invisible or something?

  • I think that garage is in front of a sealed house so there wouldn’t be a gen inside. I might be wrong but the garages near gen houses don’t have the pallet loop there, they’re usually closed at the front. Unless you mean a gen in the street, but it would be pretty far from the totem in that case.

  • Small Game, Detectice, Rainbow Map. Easy to get them.

  • They've improved the spawn locations, and granted they're trickier to locate, but from a masochistic perspective I enjoy it! Makes it feel really good when I uncover an especially well-hidden totem.

    With the new chapter brining a couple of new, potentially-devastating hexes, it could be the start of turning games into actual feats of survival.

  • @xenotimebong said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1600659#Comment_1600659

    I think that garage is in front of a sealed house so there wouldn’t be a gen inside. I might be wrong but the garages near gen houses don’t have the pallet loop there, they’re usually closed at the front. Unless you mean a gen in the street, but it would be pretty far from the totem in that case.

    as said, I'm not all certain, but it's also a bit of a 'sneaking through' spot to avoid being seen by the killer, so, yeah, it's a bit frustrating. (especially when it is the first game in a while where you play hex perks and THAT happens)

  • There's no such thing as "too hidden" for a totem. The fact it takes you 3 minutes to find ruin is not a bad thing. That's the point totems.

    @mightygiraffe said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1600206#Comment_1600206

    Sounds like alot if maps to memorize, even then aren't the spawns random?

    They have certain preset locations on every map that are randomly chosen from. And learning spawn points on maps isn't hard. I've already got most of the Midwich ones figured out, I can find totems on that map super fast. Broke a Devour on there the other day within 40 seconds of learning it existed, because I knew the likely areas to find it.

    And on a lot of maps they reuse certain generic spawns. Like the ones set into niches on hills, or between barrels at L walls, etc, that you can easily locate and check.

    The game needs more tricky totems hidden in boxes and tucked behind corners that are hard to find when not looking, and less totems standin out in the middle of ######### nothing (looking at you, Disturbed Ward) or within 20 feet of a gen or along a common loop.

  • Why don't we give the survivors the possibility to destroy the totems from the beginning, it's the same!🤗

  • @TecmagDiams said:

    Opposite problem: as killer how many times have I had my totems in the most visible locations, or even when they're not they are found in the first 2 minutes disabling a WHOLE PERK. Well hidden totems is a good thing in my opinion. Learning totem locations is part of learning to play.

    Why waste that perk slot for a hex then if its a gamble and annoying for both sides? xD

  • @sad_killer_main said:

    Don't worry, sometimes you can even find totems in open areas.

    Never the case for me unfortunately, it's always in the most absurd location barely visible unless you're right on top of it.

  • @MeltingPenguins said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1600600#Comment_1600600

    Evidence A (First match in a long long time running any hex perks due to frustration with a Challenge, and of course this happens)

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/40MMQEWB3NVT/whyjolenewhy.jpg

    After the update to hide totems better I have never ever seen a totem this much in the open.

  • i find hex pretty easy to find but then i actually learn tiles and spawn points, theyre quite predictable and doesnt require everyone to be looking for one hex, besides i used a hex the other day as part of a random perk wheel and it spawned next to a gen so... nope, hexs are best on hawkings, game, preschool, midwitch. theyre the best hidden ones but still predictable when you become more adept, still a huge gamble on killers side

  • @OllieHellhunter said:

    I mean I had a game where my devour was right beside one of the gens, in the main building of yamaoka they completed said gen, devour stayed up all game, and I was complained at in the end game for, abusing bullshit totem placement, I honestly dont know how they didnt see the glow in the time they were working on that gen, and how they didnt think to look there when they saw j had devour up. So I dont know what's up with the totems, are some of them just invisible or something?

    Invisible I doubt it, some survivors might just be legally blind if they can't see it by a gen.

  • @BaldursGate2 said:

    Small Game, Detectice, Rainbow Map. Easy to get them.

    So I've heard, but honestly I'd rather keep using the characters and builds I have fun with. Adjusting my items and perks around just finding totems seems a bit counter productive. Not to mention not every killer is using hex's so it could be a waste.

  • @Xyex said:

    There's no such thing as "too hidden" for a totem. The fact it takes you 3 minutes to find ruin is not a bad thing. That's the point totems.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1600212#Comment_1600212

    They have certain preset locations on every map that are randomly chosen from. And learning spawn points on maps isn't hard. I've already got most of the Midwich ones figured out, I can find totems on that map super fast. Broke a Devour on there the other day within 40 seconds of learning it existed, because I knew the likely areas to find it.

    And on a lot of maps they reuse certain generic spawns. Like the ones set into niches on hills, or between barrels at L walls, etc, that you can easily locate and check.

    The game needs more tricky totems hidden in boxes and tucked behind corners that are hard to find when not looking, and less totems standin out in the middle of ######### nothing (looking at you, Disturbed Ward) or within 20 feet of a gen or along a common loop.

    I disagree I think totems are already to much of a hassle to find. But if you enjoy looking for them that's fine, I just enjoy the hiding from the killer and being chased aspect of the game. I don't think we need a third mechanic of hide and seek with totems.

  • @Jill10230 said:

    Why don't we give the survivors the possibility to destroy the totems from the beginning, it's the same!🤗

    Maybe not the beginning, possibly make them a bit less hidden and you need to complete a brief mini game to destroy them or something idk.🤔

  • @mightygiraffe said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1600210#Comment_1600210

    I was and I much prefer old ruin, that's what got me good at great skill checks.

    Honestly same, I miss old ruin skill checks, and watching everyone mess them up. Was an actual secondary objective because not only did almost every killer run ruin, a lot of survivors barely hit the skill checks so they were going out of their way to find the totem. I miss 2019 DbD already.. :(

  • @ALostPuppy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1600213#Comment_1600213

    Honestly same, I miss old ruin skill checks, and watching everyone mess them up. Was an actual secondary objective because not only did almost every killer run ruin, a lot of survivors barely hit the skill checks so they were going out of their way to find the totem. I miss 2019 DbD already.. :(

    Hah! Good ol days

  • @mightygiraffe said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1600608#Comment_1600608

    After the update to hide totems better I have never ever seen a totem this much in the open.

    Then you don't play much. That's, like, half the totems in the game.

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1600210#Comment_1600210

    Disagree.

    It’s quite frustrating being chased off a gen that was nearly repaired, only to return after losing the killer and the gen has pretty much regressed to zero.

    @mightygiraffe said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1600226#Comment_1600226

    Absolutely, super annoying, a huge time waster and sometimes even costs the game.

    i stopped using hex perks, because in my games they always go in the beginning of the game, so it basically the opposite of what you say, the perk is useless