why is head on considered a meme perk?
It seems like a genuinely useful perk either with quick and quiet or the decisive into head on stun tech why is it considered a meme perk?
It seems like a genuinely useful perk either with quick and quiet or the decisive into head on stun tech why is it considered a meme perk?
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Bc survivors think anything outside meta is a meme perk
To give the developers the idea that it is weak when it is one of the strongest perks a swf can run.
All about misdirection.
because something which used to be almost useless for nearly 3 years (lockers) became something stupidly effective
First of all, DS into Head On is nothing but meme, bc it has no benefit besides triggering the killer. You waste your 5 second stun from DS to apply a 3 second stun from head on. Use yur DS to leave and then maybe use Head On again if the killer still found you again.
Head on is difficult to use in a chase, you need to run Q&Q with it to even get a chance to use it. The other exhaustion perks work way better in a chase. Head on shines when the killer does not expect it, but he will do so if you stunned him after the first time. It's a gamble, bc if you mess up the timing, the killer may get a grab from you, which may instantly cost you two health states, and allows the killer to put you directly on the killers shoulder instead of having to pick you up. That's why it's a meme perk, medium to high risk for an effect that you more or less have to enforce to get it. DS, SB, DH can be used universally.
...
... because of the way it is used?
DS into Head On it's a waste, but try and swap the order (which is even easier to pull off since you don't have to calculate the exact killer's stun duration) and boom, killer wasted more than 8 seconds trying to get you out of that locker
Agree on the "too situational" part tho, it's just annoying for the killer in most cases
Compared to Sprint Burst and Adrenaline it's weaker. Plus you need to run quick and quiet to get the best value from it. Lastly once a killer knows you have it then it's incredibly risking to use afterwards.
It has great synergy with Inner Strength and DS but it's just not worth it overall in a swf.
DS-Head On combo is the best way to get the killer to DC.
Don’t even get me started...
It’s my most hated survivor perk when I play killer. I’ve had truly awful experiences against 4 people SWF all running Head On, and taking turns interrupting every chase I’m in with one of their teammates.
I've actually had a lot of survivors tell me that I saved them mid-chase and it's a really good perk whilst a lot of killers think I'm memeing.
I hate the perk so damn much as killer.
I love it to the point where if someone gets 3 stuns on me in a game where I think they're solo I give them hatch. If I think they're a swf then they can perish
I'm not saying it's useless, it's just a tad situational, but if it can work it works pretty good, just a bit of a waste for an exhaustion perk, but hey, use what you want, if you can make it work go for it
Even when reversing them, you waste your 3s stun just to annoy the killer, when you could use the stun to get away. The strong thing about this stuns is not the stun time itself, but the distance you can make with it and the additional chase time if the killer continues to chase you. By chaining Head On and DS, you only get the stun time from the first stun, which won't have any real impact.
Applies exhausted(it kinda has to). Exhaustion perks effectively equal distance or prolonged chases trading it for a stun that has high risks makes it a meme. It has some amazing potential but it hard to argue its better then dead hard, sprint burst and balanced landing.
Because it's difficult to get it's full value outside of SWF. Head on is similar to DS - it's stun benefits everyone in th vicinity, not just the survivor that used it, because instead of a speed boost its stopping the killer in their tracks.
But, of course, even in SWF groups they mostly just use it to bully the killer, and outside of SWF groups it's mostly paired with the extremely toxic locker DS.
I think its a good perk for stealth builds. There's been a lot of times where I've stealth juked a killer into a locker but cant leave as they're just circling the tile, eventually opening the locker and I think "damn head on could have bought us so much more time there". That said I don't use it myself. No space.