Legion vs Spirit

I'm a survivor main still learning to play killer, and I was wondering... Why Spirit can see scrachmarks while phasing but Legion can't while Frenzy.

In a role play point of view, it's absurd, but in a gameplay view I don't understand, Legion is weaker than Spirit and have less clue for scratchmarks during a chase.

Maybe I'm missing something but I don't understand why..

Comments

  • Obviously because Legion is S+++ tier. Duh.

    His power lets him hit Survivors. HIT them. Can you seriously defend HITTING Survivors? Like, in what world is hitting Survivors fair and balanced? He doesn't need scratch marks.

  • Legion's detection abilities in Feral Frenzy is already pretty powerful. Not only can he see the heartbeat of every nearby survivor after the first attack, but the survivors are highlighted as well. Seeing scratch marks on top of all of that isn't needed.

  • It's just one of the many oxymoronic mechanics that Legion has.

    Spirit can see scratch marks and her power lets her down survivors.

    Legion's power can only be used to injure survivors and can't down, but he also can't see scratch marks.

    It makes no sense.

  • I think they should be able to see scratch marks because after FF you get stun and the survivor gone along with they scratch marks.

  • Honestly I hardly ever think about scratch marks while I'm Legion in Frenzy because I normally start Frenzy to get a hit on someone I can already see and at that point Killer Instinct kicks in and scratch marks are kind of obsolete.

    I'm not exactly sure why they bothered turning off blood detection for Spirit but kept in scratches though. If I had to guess I'd say maybe it's because if Spirit can see blood while phased then it makes it that much easier for her to hone in on injured people who are crouching? But she can already normally hear injured crouching people so doesn't really need the blood to find them. (Of course Father's Glasses gives you the Bloodhound bright red style blood trail while phased but that's a red add-on.)

  • @Anara said:

    I'm a survivor main still learning to play killer, and I was wondering... Why Spirit can see scrachmarks while phasing but Legion can't while Frenzy.

    In a role play point of view, it's absurd, but in a gameplay view I don't understand, Legion is weaker than Spirit and have less clue for scratchmarks during a chase.

    Maybe I'm missing something but I don't understand why..

    It’s so you’re not distracted by too many other on screen indicators, andcan focus solely on the Killer Instinct notification.

  • @SirCracken said:

    It's just one of the many oxymoronic mechanics that Legion has.

    Spirit can see scratch marks and her power lets her down survivors.

    Legion's power can only be used to injure survivors and can't down, but he also can't see scratch marks.

    It makes no sense.

    It makes perfect sense. It’s so there aren’t any other distractions while Killer Instinct is active.

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/187324/legion-vs-spirit

    It’s so you’re not distracted by too many other on screen indicators, andcan focus solely on the Killer Instinct notification.

    But PH and GF gets them too with scratch marks. This argument makes little sense.

  • @Raven014 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1585110#Comment_1585110

    But PH and GF gets them too with scratch marks. This argument makes little sense.

    It makes perfect sense.

    GF & PH don’t move at the speed that Legion does, and the KI is persistent during the entire FF.

    Thus the devs ensured that during such high movement speed the player won’t get accidentally distracted by other gameplay indicators. They’re just visually focused on the KI indicators to ensure they don’t lose track of survivors.

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1585119#Comment_1585119

    It makes perfect sense.

    GF & PH don’t move at the speed that Legion does, and the KI is persistent during the entire FF.

    Thus the devs ensured that during such high movement speed the player won’t get accidentally distracted by other gameplay indicators. They’re just visually focused on the KI indicators to ensure they don’t lose track of survivors.

    But Legions is nonlethal. Why should a nonlethal ability be as punishing as it is?

    Billy doesn't remove scratches, Nurse doesn't remove scratches, Demo doesn't remove scratches when he portals... I don't see how a faster movement speed needs scratches to be removed.

  • @Raven014 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1585130#Comment_1585130

    But Legions is nonlethal. Why should a nonlethal ability be as punishing as it is?

    Billy doesn't remove scratches, Nurse doesn't remove scratches, Demo doesn't remove scratches when he portals... I don't see how a faster movement speed needs scratches to be removed.

    I don’t understand. How are you being punished? You want to be confused by other superfluous things on screen like scratch marks, blood, and auras while trying to hone in on the KI indicators?

    It doesn’t matter if it’s a non lethal ability. Legion can’t stall the game if they can’t regularly inflict DW because they can’t hit anyone because of too much happening on the screen.

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1585152#Comment_1585152

    I don’t understand. How are you being punished? You want to be confused by other superfluous things on screen like scratch marks, blood, and auras while trying to hone in on the KI indicators?

    It doesn’t matter if it’s a non lethal ability. Legion can’t stall the game if they can’t regularly inflict DW because they can’t hit anyone because of too much happening on the screen.

    Miss a hit in power - lose remaining + cooldown

    Hit an injured survivor in power - no dying state

    Hit a survivor out of your power, lose half of it.

    Why is a nonlethal ability so restricted? Nobody seems to know why.

    That still seems like a weak argument, that scratches should be removed. There is no reason, and sensory overload is not a reason. Nobody only plays legion because of that.

  • @Raven014 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1585166#Comment_1585166

    Miss a hit in power - lose remaining + cooldown

    Hit an injured survivor in power - no dying state

    Hit a survivor out of your power, lose half of it.

    Why is a nonlethal ability so restricted? Nobody seems to know why.

    That still seems like a weak argument, that scratches should be removed. There is no reason, and sensory overload is not a reason. Nobody only plays legion because of that.

    What exactly are you missing out on by scratch marks removed?!

    they immediately come back once frenzy ends.

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1585152#Comment_1585152

    I don’t understand. How are you being punished? You want to be confused by other superfluous things on screen like scratch marks, blood, and auras while trying to hone in on the KI indicators?

    It doesn’t matter if it’s a non lethal ability. Legion can’t stall the game if they can’t regularly inflict DW because they can’t hit anyone because of too much happening on the screen.

    You have to be being sarcastic. Legion's FF is extremely disorienting to use. If a Survivor can juke even somewhat well after vaulting, they can lose a Legion 9/10.

    Now, you may be saying, "Well, you should only use FF when you have a clear LoS on the Survivor, and they aren't going to vault anything." That'd be true, except for the fact that it is literally better to M1 them, if they have nothing nearby.

    Legion's power kind of sucks, it needs buffs, but I do agree that it probably doesn't need scratchmarks.

    @SirCracken You will find Legion has many of these oxymoronic things. My favorite is the fact that for simply using his power, he eats a longer stun than Nurse does.

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1585269#Comment_1585269

    What exactly are you missing out on by scratch marks removed?!

    they immediately come back once frenzy ends.

    Yeah, and odds are that the survivor has run off further than a regular speed boost from being hit.

    Have you ever played Legion by chance?

  • Legion has the only completely unavoidable power in the game. Every other killer at least had SOME circumstance in which the survivor can avoid a hit, but an FF Legion will always get you if the killer doesn't suck. That's probably why they cannot see scratchmarks: An attempt to make FF harder to use.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1585166#Comment_1585166

    You have to be being sarcastic. Legion's FF is extremely disorienting to use. If a Survivor can juke even somewhat well after vaulting, they can lose a Legion 9/10.

    Now, you may be saying, "Well, you should only use FF when you have a clear LoS on the Survivor, and they aren't going to vault anything." That'd be true, except for the fact that it is literally better to M1 them, if they have nothing nearby.

    Legion's power kind of sucks, it needs buffs, but I do agree that it probably doesn't need scratchmarks.

    @SirCracken You will find Legion has many of these oxymoronic things. My favorite is the fact that for simply using his power, he eats a longer stun than Nurse does.

    I didn’t say Legion can’t be juked. I’m simply saying with how fast they’re moving, thus all the motion occurring on the screen, it makes sense to remove all of the other tracking indicators and just have KI only, so that the screen isn’t cluttered with information overload.

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1585152#Comment_1585152

    I don’t understand. How are you being punished? You want to be confused by other superfluous things on screen like scratch marks, blood, and auras while trying to hone in on the KI indicators?

    It doesn’t matter if it’s a non lethal ability. Legion can’t stall the game if they can’t regularly inflict DW because they can’t hit anyone because of too much happening on the screen.

    Its beyond easy to lose track of survivors. Have you ever played Legion?

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1585310#Comment_1585310

    I didn’t say Legion can’t be juked. I’m simply saying with how fast they’re moving, thus all the motion occurring on the screen, it makes sense to remove all of the other tracking indicators and just have KI only, so that the screen isn’t cluttered with information overload.

    Adding more tracking options would be nice, at least when you first activate his power. After you get KI, scratchmarks can disappear, but until you hit someone, I think they should stay.

  • @SweetTerror said:

    Legion's detection abilities in Feral Frenzy is already pretty powerful. Not only can he see the heartbeat of every nearby survivor after the first attack, but the survivors are highlighted as well. Seeing scratch marks on top of all of that isn't needed.

    As if seeing scratchmarks would be such a game changer and suddenly make Legion a great killer

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1585395#Comment_1585395

    Adding more tracking options would be nice, at least when you first activate his power. After you get KI, scratchmarks can disappear, but until you hit someone, I think they should stay.

    I think that's the point, it's the problem, Frenzy don't tell anything to the player until the first hit. And the scratchmarks could be nice too when Legion cancel Frenzy

  • They have just panic nerf the Legion. That is why.

    That said, the old blood bags were a good thing, that the Legion had before imo.

  • Oh I don't know, maybe because their powers are more different than you could possibly conceive?

  • @Demogordon_Ramsay said:

    Obviously because Legion is S+++ tier. Duh.

    His power lets him hit Survivors. HIT them. Can you seriously defend HITTING Survivors? Like, in what world is hitting Survivors fair and balanced? He doesn't need scratch marks.

    This made me lol 😆

  • @PigMainClaudette said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1585279#Comment_1585279

    Yeah, and odds are that the survivor has run off further than a regular speed boost from being hit.

    Have you ever played Legion by chance?

    Its really not worth arguing with this guy. Hes extremely survivor biased.

  • @hillbillyclaudmain69 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1585320#Comment_1585320

    Its really not worth arguing with this guy. Hes extremely survivor biased.

    Wouldn't have expected that for a user named CLOWN is king.