Faced a SWF as Trapper.
Faced a Swf today as Trapper. I just wait for game and play, not always look at lobby so I didnt know they were a team (and if I did, I would not know because they didnt have similar names). Explain of double Brown add-on
After get my 1st hook, I look around and see other 3 sit on Gen. Except I didnt have BBQ, then I realized they had at least 3 OoO. I hit game record button.
Epic lose, Im not salty, but wonder if they actually used the cheat that able to tell the killer they face? I mean, 3 OoO. Just happy that I wasnt brought into Micwich. I took this match as a hardcore training.
Feel free to tell what mistake I did, what could I do in certain situations? This match I didnt even patrol Gens because for me its pointless.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALEgVAqDqfY- Dead hard / DS / Unbreakable / OoO
- Dead hard / DS / Unbreakable / OoO
- Dead hard / DS / Unbreakable / Borrowtime
- Dead hard / DS / OoO / Borrowtime
Any Red rank Killer has tips to vs this type of SWF as Trapper?
Comments
RIP
Any tips people can give are largely of little value, just do your best and move on.
At the highest ranks swf can dominate all but a few killers or you get lucky and they screw up pretty badly.
Keep in mind that in addition to those four perks they used they get another 4-6 intel perks for free being on comms.
Added bonus they might bring strong items with addons or pick surv favored maps. There is a lot survs can do for advantage.
i actually do have some advice, use a pink mori and tunnel out one of them as quick as you can. Usually strong swf will be over altruistic, use that to your advantage.
You didn't apply enough pressure and that team just wanted to have fun, like most SWF /s
@Zender Tunnel? Hardly. At least 3 of them were good runners. I ate DS on purpose. Because I smell they might have Unbreakable, which 3 of them. I noted 1 werent that good runner, I able to down the 3rd time and got DS. Then I never see that survivor again (guess focus on Gen)
And of course again, I search game then leave it there looking around the internet. I dont always look at lobby. You would not know this is a SWF.
I play for fun, not for 4K. Many times if I able to dominate Survivor (slug all 4 on the ground), showing them I won at that moment, then I leave them all escape later.
I see the bigger problem is SWF can build a powerful team like this with only perk. Doesnt requires a single BP for items & addon or even offering.
@Rin_is_my_waifu ur waifu would be powerless in this game without Mori
Against 3 OoO... you need to forget about setting up traps... use them only on some loops to deny them or inside of a chase.
And for gods sake... dont use nurses calling on a trapper.
No, I don't think she would be powerless (she and Nurse can deal with these teams), but she would definitely have a hard time
@LastShoe actually my main build is other 3 perks minus Nurse call. But can u explain further why I should not use it on Trapper?
Recently I feel traps area really easy to escape (I dont know why, mostly 5-12sec to escape), I use it to find injured survivors and pressure on them. I also use it to injure multiple survivors to feed up STBFL then find them later with Nurse.
I don't want to ask in what kind of stuff you are, if she is your waifu...
Daaaaaaaaaang!
I have 2k hours as a killer main and even I've never seen a SWF team with a loadout this busted. I haven't had a chance to watch the video yet (I will), but you should feel no shame for losing to this team. The only way to counter OoO as Trapper is to get the object in your TR before you lay traps so he can't see it, but against 3 Objects on comms? Nah.
This is a story you can tell your grandkids when they ask you if the devs are ever going to nerf OoO.
You could have nothing done against this team.
They were too much boosted by their microphones and the ton of second chances perks.
But imo, you should never lay a trap if someone is watching you. Especially a swf because of the microphone thing. They will just disarm it to get a few points and you get nothing out of it.
Besides that, I would just have 1 bring in the basement and then on the upper level defend the shack at all costs, because I wouldn't have known what to do besides that against survivors that are watching every step of me, while they additionally also carry so many second chances perk. Luckily I run not often in such teams.
Yeah I would rather not talk about it ๐
Overall, just better awareness will help you out.
Can't imagine why a swf would have 3 OoO. I could understand maybe 2 but even that seems wasteful. You sure they were swf and not just a highly coordinated solo team?
why have multiple OoO if they're on voice comms?
@jdcabral my main objective was to brought one into basement, then setup from there to get some few hooks.
@TheWarNung I dont feel shame or salty at all. Its a bit interesting to sometime facing a team like this. Of course can quit if facing this every match.
My idea on OoO nerf is Survivors can only see Killer if Killer also look at their direction.
@robotron Im not a tunneling.camping guy but I was stupid enough that tried to play fair against 3 OoO with Unbreak/DS. That pallet shack block is also a good idea.
@SleepyWillo either they try new Op build, or because they know they're going to face Trapper. Most of the time vs Solo, if a single survivor has OoO, is already a pain for me. Since other 3 on Gen while OoO only focus on disarming traps.
DC, negate their bps and send them back to lobby simulator
@Nosferatu3145 No, I always play through game, even if I know they're Swf.
Nurses calling is the best if you can close the gap between the healing survivors and you quick enough to be able to use it. It works well on any ranged killers or killers with reduced tr. Using it on a killer with 32m without m&a is worthless.
To make traps better, you need to learn better placement. Like this basement trap was terrible and trap under the pallet can be hidden slightly better.
Another thing is that in this basement escape you should hit the unhooked survivor as well, and force off bt, with stbfl you could even down them.
And i don't even know what was that on 1:00, thats why you get the trap under the window slightly further and off in such a way that the survivors can't fast vault it but you still can vault from the inside. Also if injured survivor was there, it was obvious she had dead hard. Not to mention how early it was.
1:25 if you moved the trap from the basement earlier and had it in your hand you could completely block off 2 survivors in a shack.
Not to mention that going after this meg, when she entered the trap was a bad play, considering tht everyone was near the basement.
2:35 Why are you doing this, when you know they have OoO, you should completely block off the shack, so you can arrive easily to stop save rescue or you could keep it in the hand.
3:20 You could block of the shack which would quarantee you getting the meg, with a bit of luck you could slug the nea.
Dumb thing it was to pick up the nea and when chasing her you swung too early after she dropped the pallet, same with 4:32
4:42 if you were hugging the wall, and not walking so far from it would be a certain hit and mindgame was just bad there, way too early and no moonwalk to make it effective.
And many times during this game you were undecisive on what to do.
I watched up to 5:00 timemaker
It wasn't swf with comms or OoO, you were just making way too many mistakes
You played that game SO poorly. It was hard to watch.
Knew they had Dead Hard, swings anyways. Downs players to chase after someone else, doesn't commit to said survivor and wastes time trying to backtrack. If you are going to down someone and begin chase with another survivor, don't change your mind half way through.
You knew they had DS, but picked them up anyways allowing them to save. I didn't see you even touch a gen all game either. You just camped hooks against a well coordinated altruism built team.
I'll start off by admitting that the circumstances are less than ideal. Facing a team like this is never easy, but unlike what some others are saying here, it's certainly not impossible.
Watching your vid, there have been multiple occasions of you not using your traps to block looping options, you desperately lunging distances you couldn't have reached, and not prioritizing the right people. To clarify:
All in all, this sounds super negative and such, I wanna emphasize again how this was a difficult match and how it's understandable you lost. But don't listen to the others here saying there's nothing you could've done; you're only gonna believe that and get into a negative mindset. There were a bunch of mistakes you made, some which I likely wasn't able to point out. Try to look back at your own gameplay as well and see if you can pick out anything you did wrong, so you can learn from it and maybe get some better results out of tryhard SWF teams like these.
Hope this helped!