Why again "Knock Out" does only work with basic attacks?

Comments

  • I assume because they think it would be too strong otherwise? Not saying I agree with that, but I don't see what other explanation there could be lol

  • Rank 20 hand holding.

    Knockout needs to be deleted anyway because it does nothing to SWF and destroys solo players.

  • To add an overused downside so people cannot complain it's OP or gets used on every killer. Not that the perk needs it - it's worthless against SWF.

  • BHVR thought it'd be too powerful. That's why it also reduces crawl speed, which doesn't really matter since you're blinded anyway. Its not like you're going to crawl to anyone anyway. I've yet to see anyone use Knock-Out, even after its "buff".

  • I think leatherface perks at the time were trying to stay within the lore. As time progressed, perks were being added to counteract playstyle at the time. Either way, I think it's fine.

  • @Pawcelot said:

    BHVR thought it'd be too powerful. That's why it also reduces crawl speed, which doesn't really matter since you're blinded anyway. Its not like you're going to crawl to anyone anyway. I've yet to see anyone use Knock-Out, even after its "buff".

    I use it on legion from time to time, could be better.

  • The question everyone wants to know.

    Especially seeing as they specifically said their intention was to improve it, not nerf it.

  • There's no logical reason in my opinion as the perk's effect is countered by SWF, Bond, Aftercare, Empathy, Kindred, green key with aura addon etc.

    Also the slugged survivor's aura gets revealed in a radius of 16 meters anyways so Knockout rarely bought you much time.

    The basic attack nerf/requirement really wasn't necessary in my opinion.

  • Because otherwise it might have been usable on Killers that aren't Myers

  • I see. So there is probably no good reason for it. At least it's kind of funny. Giving a M2 killer a perk that only works with basic attacks. 

  • It's to avoid power stacking. You use a killer who can freely use their ability and you get 6+ status effects from a single hit? That absolutely sucks as survivor, swf or not.

    Do people want basic attack removed from the game or something? You have perks that give it an edge, and it gets poo poo'd by killer snobs.

  • They shorten the gap between SWF and solo.

    Before the nerf knockout was good against solos and bad against SWF. Now it's just bad.

  • because the devs love making stupid perks.

    Oops, that's my inner annoyance slipping out there. In all honesty, I have no ****ing idea why they changed the perk. I started using it on Huntress when they announced the changes, and I began loving the effect when I sniped injured survivors. Now I can't do that, and it's just another example of the developers reducing the fun of non-meta playstyles.

  • I guess because they dont want to promote slugging too much so that Killers, who can Snowball fast like Oni or Billy are not too oppressive with Knockout.

    (I mean, the problem is Infectious Fright in that case, but whatever...)

  • Because god forbid the meta changes at all

  • Balance team sucks

  • message board community sucks.... honestly it's how they want it so it is such... just because you don't like it doesn't mean anything else. why doesn't NOED trigger the dying state on pig's charge dash attack. why doesn't noed trigger when legion hits you when in frenzy? there ya go..... lets just say it is how the DEVS want it to be and work around it. I'm sure that infectious fright is next!

  • The irony that they gave a perk that requires activation by an M1 attack, to a killer with an insta down power. . .

  • So that they could create a bad add-on for Leatherface that does the same thing for his power but with a different limitation?

    Honestly tho IDK; it certainly doesn't really feel like Knockout is any stronger than it was pre-buff.