Scott makes very good points on console vs pc.

he goes into very good detail and basically lists the advantages of either side (which console there actually is some advantages to a controller).

https://youtu.be/wQU61ee7ePQ


Comments

  • Once again, a stupid killer main ranting on about his biased experience. You know he uses NOED all the time right? Figures -_-

    /kappa

  • @VESSEL said:

    Once again, a stupid killer main ranting on about his biased experience. You know he uses NOED all the time right? Figures -_-

    /kappa

    Why, exactly, does him using NoED invalidate his points?

  • @Awakey said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1579682#Comment_1579682

    Why, exactly, does him using NoED invalidate his points?

    That was sarcasm. Hence, the /kappa.

  • @VESSEL said:

    Once again, a stupid killer main ranting on about his biased experience. You know he uses NOED all the time right? Figures -_-

    /kappa

    Do bones.

  • Honestly they are just about the same skill level however,

    Console are probably better against more simple killers like hillbilly, wraith, trapper

    While Pc survivors are probably better against more control intensive killers like nurse, huntress, deathslinger

    Just off experience alone

  • I agree with Scott, but, I do still think that Consoles need optimization in order to be on an equal playing field with PC.

  • @Pulsar said:

    I agree with Scott, but, I do still think that Consoles need optimization in order to be on an equal playing field with PC.

    They confirmed on twitter that optimisation was coming for consoles in the upcoming graphic update.

  • I believe PC Killers are better than console since keyboard+mouse makes it way easier to play and allow for higher skill ceiling, especially 2 of the strongest Killers, Nurse and Huntress.

    On Survivors, I believe console and PC are rather similar in skill, I believe their main diference is console Survivors are used to face easier Killers so their meta and gamestyle is less effective, they are cockier and bolder which makes them more prone to mistakes. The first days of crossplay there wasnt not a single console Survivor without Self-care, even in builds where it didnt make any sense to bring it, they t-bagged a lot more, they were riskier with unhooks, attempting to 360 and tried a lot of stuff that doesnt work very well against PC players. Also they have been adapting and I see less and less of said behaviours.

  • @Elena said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1579701#Comment_1579701

    They confirmed on twitter that optimisation was coming for consoles in the upcoming graphic update.

    that's not what they said. They said that the new graphical update needs special care for console, which doesn't mean frames will be better - in fact they might easily be worse than they are now, they can still say that "without the special care" it would have been even worse.

  • Can't people think for themselves for once ? most topics are about streamers/tubers concerns nowadays.

    People who plays the game as their job don't have the same experience than casual / average players.

  • @Veen said:

    Can't people think for themselves for once ? most topics are about streamers/tubers concerns nowadays.

    People who plays the game as their job don't have the same experience than casual / average players.

    Its just impressive at this point that even with a three second video people still will comment before watching it.

  • I'd say the consoles have lowered the overall quality of the randos I get in solo queue quite substantially and they were already bad before.

  • @NaughtiusMaximus said:

    Oh wow , he said exactly what I think.

    Does that mean I am as smart as a streamer? (cuz a lot of people seem to think that streamers are smarter than normal players)

    I heavily hope it's a sarcastic statement.

  • The only problems I have with crossplay are:

    • Frame rate advantage on PC
    • Hackers on PC
    • The fact you don't get matched with people on your platform if one has crossplay on and one has it off. These people should be in the same pool, just don't put crossplayers in with people that have it turned off. If a free Xbox lobby is available it should put me in it even if the other players all have crossplay on and I don't. Makes no sense to further divide the playerbase, unless the goal is to force people to use this ######### crossplay, which seems to be the case honestly.
    • Not knowing what platform someone is. Like I can understand not showing this in the lobby because "I'm not playing with [insert platform here] players" but I should be able to see what platform they are on after the game.
  • Eh, that video was too long for me. If you can’t express your ideas concisely then I don’t see the point.

  • If you can't tell that it's sarcasm, you have a slew of other problems to worry about...

  • I can't believe he said in that video with a straight face that Cypress Mori is stronger than Ebony Mori. What is wrong with him?

  • I put this in different threads about console optimization and crossplay concerns, and i hope the upcoming patch addresses them some, but I think it fits here as well:

    "To any PCrs who happen to read this thread, please please please ask a friend who has DBD on PlayStation 4 or whatever and give it a go. Especially killer. Especially on an indoor map.

    Get a taste of the current console experience, maybe state here what it is. Thank you in advance."

  • @Elena said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1579701#Comment_1579701

    They confirmed on twitter that optimisation was coming for consoles in the upcoming graphic update.

    Not exactly...they said they were paying attention to the new maps to make sure they don’t cause FPS drops. That doesn’t mean they’re fixing bloodlust FPS drops, (insert killer) FPS drops, skill heck frame drops, etc.

  • @SpaceCoconut said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1579828#Comment_1579828

    If you can't tell that it's sarcasm, you have a slew of other problems to worry about...

    You realise what community this is right? Nobody is sarcastic in the DbD community, even if it's completely obvious. Only serious talk for this serious competitive game, and you have to be rank 1 or your statement is worthless.

  • I recently bought DBD for my switch to play while I'm at work, and oh God, what a mess. People who play killer on consoles are the real heros

  • @Nosferatu3145 said:

    I recently bought DBD for my switch to play while I'm at work, and oh God, what a mess. People who play killer on consoles are the real heros

    Real deal Holyfield

  • I'll put my 2 cents on it:

    On console you have to mash buttons to wiggle out and struggle on hook.

    On PC I bind those to 2 macros and hit a single button ONCE whenever I need them and save my keyboard, time, and energy. Also I would like to play Nurse without the extra frustration layer on top of all of her already existing frustrating layers.