Video proof to why you can not counter spirit.

So I was streaming and I got 3 stridor spirits in a row one bad and one I got 2 games in a row. One was running ebony and the best addons movement speed and duration.

Mind you this spirit has a good headset and clearly is used to stridor audio and pinpoint tracking. I'm gonna upload the video to YouTube and put it here does anyone want it sped up because I also was left to bleed out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZSO1Ekd0IQ

Excuse my spelling errors I was going fast to get it done.

Comments

  • spirits is one of my mains I never use strider I also never use a headset just tv sound.

  • @NekoGamerX said:

    spirits is one of my mains I never use strider I also never use a headset just tv sound.

    I dont know how you do it that's cool and crazy.

  • well never said I'm good spirits😂 but I get 2k or 3k.

  • @azame said:

    So I was streaming and I got 3 strider spirits in a row one bad and one I got 2 games in a row. One was running ebony and the best addons movement speed and duration.

    Mind you this spirit has a good headset and clearly is used to stridor audio and pinpoint tracking. I'm gonna upload the video to YouTube and put it here does anyone want it sped up because I also was left to bleed out.

    This would only prove that YOU cant counter her.

  • No you will see the video and when you do make sure to tell.me what you would do in that situation mother daughter ring and the amulet plus stridor and a good headset and a mori an ebony.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1576914#Comment_1576914

    No you will see the video and when you do make sure to tell.me what you would do in that situation mother daughter ring and the amulet plus stridor and a good headset and a mori an ebony.

    You still can beat her but also moris are a other problem which needs changed, but that doesnt change the point that you still can counter the spirit with this addons or perks. Also where will you know he uses a headset? He could just be good a phasing or got lucky. But even if he used it, theres nothing bad about using headphones. Headphones are extremely important for killer and even for survivor.

  • @NekoGamerX said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1576897#Comment_1576897

    well never said I'm good spirits😂 but I get 2k or 3k.

    That's good with tv audio.

  • @Demonl3y said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1576925#Comment_1576925

    You still can beat her but also moris are a other problem which needs changed, but that doesnt change the point that you still can counter the spirit with this addons or perks. Also where will you know he uses a headset? He could just be good a phasing or got lucky. But even if he used it, theres nothing bad about using headphones. Headphones are extremely important for killer and even for survivor.

    You can beat her by gen rushing but no you will see just how good this spirit is and after watching tell me if you could handle a chase against that beast.

    Also I knew she was using headphone s because mother daughter ring removes SCRATCH MARKS she had to track off sound alone showcasing her skill.

    Good spirits are uncounterable.

  • Need the video proof before commenting.

    Even so. Can't judge.

    I just like to watch 🥴

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1576931#Comment_1576931

    You can beat her by gen rushing but no you will see just how good this spirit is and after watching tell me if you could handle a chase against that beast.

    Also I knew she was using headphone s because mother daughter ring removes SCRATCH MARKS she had to track off sound alone showcasing her skill.

    Good spirits are uncounterable.

    You just have to be better than her. I beat many good spirits but also died to alot. Doesnt mean she dont have any counters.


    Also which video? You didnt post anything.

  • LInk to vod if you were streaming?

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1576914#Comment_1576914

    No you will see the video and when you do make sure to tell.me what you would do in that situation mother daughter ring and the amulet plus stridor and a good headset and a mori an ebony.

    Oh, you failed to survive against [X] killer when they were using their best addons and a mori? I guess [X] killer is just totally unbeatable. Sorry, I'm not trying to be rude, but you need to understand that 3 examples do not constitute ironclad proof of anything. Your sample size is too small and is skewed by a killer that's stacking powerful addons/offerings (and shame on them for doing that). And as said above, even if you were right it wouldn't prove that Spirit was uncounterable, only that YOU can't counter her.

    You haven't posted the vid, so I can't comment on it. Here's some tips on how to actually beat Spirit:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19fyTS63bQ4

    Tru3's not my favorite streamer, but his advice here is on the mark. He's got a whole playlist of him outplaying Stridor Spirits that you can check out.

    But my best advice if you want to get better at playing against Spirit, as always, is to try playing her. Learn how she works from the Killer's perspective and what the limits of her power are. I guarantee once you start seeing high-ranked survivors juking you you'll get a good idea of what to do when you next play against her.

  • @Demonl3y said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1576945#Comment_1576945

    You just have to be better than her. I beat many good spirits but also died to alot. Doesnt mean she dont have any counters.

    Also which video? You didnt post anything.

    Gonna upload it dont worry but I know I have beat good spirits bye rushing gens but this spirit was great you will see.

  • yea but I do get my share of genrushed 0k matches to I hate tho but you can't win them all.

  • More people took the bait than I thought lol

  • @Momentosis said:

    LInk to vod if you were streaming?

    nah its oo long I'm done editing it gonna upload soon

  • Stop posting that video from Tru3.

    It's completely irrelevant and logically flawed. His "counter" is "guessing" - when the Spirit herself, when equipped with the correct build (which is meta for Spirit players), doesn't need to guess. Tru3ta1ent can also be quoted as saying "All I go against are tourny level squads". He's incredibly biased and thinks WAY too highly of his average skill.

    Guessing isn't a counter.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4bsPIdct_Q


  • @SpaceCoconut said:

    More people took the bait than I thought lol

    It's not bait far from it actually.

  • @SloppyKnockout said:

    Stop posting that video from Tru3.

    It's completely irrelevant and logically flawed. His "counter" is "guessing" - when the Spirit herself, when equipped with the correct build (which is meta for Spirit players), doesn't need to guess. Tru3ta1ent can also be quoted as saying "All I go against are tourny level squads". He's incredibly biased and thinks WAY too highly of his average skill.

    Guessing isn't a counter.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4bsPIdct_Q

    You say "guess", I say "mindgame". It's not a guess if you're reading your opponents moves.

  • @TheWarNung said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1576984#Comment_1576984

    You say "guess", I say "mindgame". It's not a guess if you're reading your opponents moves.

    It's not a mind game if there's no visible tell when she's using her power at more than 2 feet away. That's a "guess". By literal definition.

  • @TheWarNung said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1576925#Comment_1576925

    Oh, you failed to survive against [X] killer when they were using their best addons and a mori? I guess [X] killer is just totally unbeatable. Sorry, I'm not trying to be rude, but you need to understand that 3 examples do not constitute ironclad proof of anything. Your sample size is too small and is skewed by a killer that's stacking powerful addons/offerings (and shame on them for doing that). And as said above, even if you were right it wouldn't prove that Spirit was uncounterable, only that YOU can't counter her.

    You haven't posted the vid, so I can't comment on it. Here's some tips on how to actually beat Spirit:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19fyTS63bQ4

    Tru3's not my favorite streamer, but his advice here is on the mark. He's got a whole playlist of him outplaying Stridor Spirits that you can check out.

    But my best advice if you want to get better at playing against Spirit, as always, is to try playing her. Learn how she works from the Killer's perspective and what the limits of her power are. I guarantee once you start seeing high-ranked survivors juking you you'll get a good idea of what to do when you next play against her.

    bruh these "counters" do not work against good spirits these, legit people always post this vid its so dumb so i always send this one right back

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Lfi9mH05hE https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4bsPIdct_Q


  • @SloppyKnockout said:

    Stop posting that video from Tru3.

    It's completely irrelevant and logically flawed. His "counter" is "guessing" - when the Spirit herself, when equipped with the correct build (which is meta for Spirit players), doesn't need to guess. Tru3ta1ent can also be quoted as saying "All I go against are tourny level squads". He's incredibly biased and thinks WAY too highly of his average skill.

    Guessing isn't a counter.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4bsPIdct_Q

    Sloppy I'm pleasantly suprised you understand good on you.

  • @TheWarNung said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1576984#Comment_1576984

    You say "guess", I say "mindgame". It's not a guess if you're reading your opponents moves.

    You can read a killer that has no tell of their power damn you are soooooo cool :)

  • Her counter is unpredictability. Simple and hard at the same time.

    If she doesn't have Stridor - Iron Will cocks her pretty heavily. Perks that disable scratch marks might help a lot. Also, rarely though, you can hear her footsteps.

  • @TheWarNung said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1576925#Comment_1576925

    Oh, you failed to survive against [X] killer when they were using their best addons and a mori? I guess [X] killer is just totally unbeatable. Sorry, I'm not trying to be rude, but you need to understand that 3 examples do not constitute ironclad proof of anything. Your sample size is too small and is skewed by a killer that's stacking powerful addons/offerings (and shame on them for doing that). And as said above, even if you were right it wouldn't prove that Spirit was uncounterable, only that YOU can't counter her.

    You haven't posted the vid, so I can't comment on it. Here's some tips on how to actually beat Spirit:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19fyTS63bQ4

    Tru3's not my favorite streamer, but his advice here is on the mark. He's got a whole playlist of him outplaying Stridor Spirits that you can check out.

    But my best advice if you want to get better at playing against Spirit, as always, is to try playing her. Learn how she works from the Killer's perspective and what the limits of her power are. I guarantee once you start seeing high-ranked survivors juking you you'll get a good idea of what to do when you next play against her.

    Tru3 is seriously underestimating how precise you can hear survivors with Stridor. I know exactly where the survivor is, healthy or injured.

    If I've broke a pallet I can phase to someone running between loops, guess where they are, come out of phase a bit away from them and still get a hit before they make the next loop.

  • @SloppyKnockout said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1576994#Comment_1576994

    It's not a mind game if there's no visible tell when she's using her power at more than 2 feet away. That's a "guess". By literal definition.

    My video is uploading it's only 4 minutes so it should be quick.

  • @I_Teabag_Gate said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1576965#Comment_1576965

    Tru3 is seriously underestimating how precise you can hear survivors with Stridor. I know exactly where the survivor is, healthy or injured.

    If I've broke a pallet I can phase to someone running between loops, guess where they are, come out of phase a bit away from them and still get a hit before they make the next loop.

    Tru3 also says Deathslinger is a "worse Huntress", and that he's a better killer than Zubat.

    @Elcopollo said:

    Her counter is unpredictability. Simple and hard at the same time.

    If she doesn't have Stridor - Iron Will cocks her pretty heavily. Perks that disable scratch marks might help a lot. Also, rarely though, you can hear her footsteps.

    Again - guessing isn't a counter, and when the Spirit, like MOST Spirits, is running Stridor - there is no "unpredictable". Even with Iron Will, you're just dead.

  • Shouldn't you change your title to 'Stridor Spirit?'

    You CAN counter Spirit. It just becomes much trickier when she's using Stridor.

  • @Rivyn said:

    Shouldn't you change your title to 'Stridor Spirit?'

    You CAN counter Spirit. It just becomes much trickier when she's using Stridor.

    That's fair but a good spirit with stridor can still pinpoint your location without iron will also if sounds arent bugged you will hear other sound like footsteps and grass which is a death sentence.

  • You can hear her footsteps and see her rustling grass/corn/reeds. Her broken glass lights up when she's phasing, so you know when she's faking and when she's not. You hear a whistling sound when she phases in from outside your terror radius so she can't sneak up on you.

    Oh, sorry. Was that not enough telltales?

    Killers have to "guess" what survivors are doing every single game when they disappear behind walls and we lose LOS. We call it 'making reads' and 'mindgaming', and a lot of us have gotten pretty good at it. It's stepped up our survivor game too, because we understand what the game looks like from the killer's perspective.

    I guess when survivors have to do it they call it "no counter OP plz nerf or I DC".

  • @Rivyn said:

    Shouldn't you change your title to 'Stridor Spirit?'

    You CAN counter Spirit. It just becomes much trickier when she's using Stridor.

    Not trickier - nigh impossible if they have functioning ears. If you're uninjured, it's less hard (especially when running Fixated), but when you're injured? Even with Iron Will, against a Stridor spirit, you're just dead.

  • @TheWarNung said:

    You can hear her footsteps and see her rustling grass/corn/reeds. Her broken glass lights up when she's phasing, so you know when she's faking and when she's not. You hear a whistling sound when she phases in from outside your terror radius so she can't sneak up on you.

    Oh, sorry. Was that not enough telltales?

    Killers have to "guess" what survivors are doing every single game when they disappear behind walls and we lose LOS. We call it 'making reads' and 'mindgaming', and a lot of us have gotten pretty good at it. It's stepped up our survivor game too, because we understand what the game looks like from the killer's perspective.

    I guess when survivors have to do it they call it "no counter OP plz nerf or I DC".

    Spirit does not move grass / corn at all. You are correct that you can hear footsteps, but that's usually when she's pretty much in melee distance so you're dead anyway. Her shards light up when phasing, and you only have to be like 3 meters away from her to notice.

  • @TheWarNung said:

    You can hear her footsteps and see her rustling grass/corn/reeds. Her broken glass lights up when she's phasing, so you know when she's faking and when she's not. You hear a whistling sound when she phases in from outside your terror radius so she can't sneak up on you.

    Oh, sorry. Was that not enough telltales?

    Killers have to "guess" what survivors are doing every single game when they disappear behind walls and we lose LOS. We call it 'making reads' and 'mindgaming', and a lot of us have gotten pretty good at it. It's stepped up our survivor game too, because we understand what the game looks like from the killer's perspective.

    I guess when survivors have to do it they call it "no counter OP plz nerf or I DC".

    Watch my video but number one she moves no corn or grass footsteps audio is sometimes bugged for survivor. Her shards are only visible on some skins making her pay to win. Also you have to basically be kissing her which means you will already be dead.

    When a survivor goes behind a wall they have scratch Mark's and based on which direction they go its almost impossible to miss them.

  • @TheWarNung said:

    You can hear her footsteps and see her rustling grass/corn/reeds. Her broken glass lights up when she's phasing, so you know when she's faking and when she's not. You hear a whistling sound when she phases in from outside your terror radius so she can't sneak up on you.

    Oh, sorry. Was that not enough telltales?

    Killers have to "guess" what survivors are doing every single game when they disappear behind walls and we lose LOS. We call it 'making reads' and 'mindgaming', and a lot of us have gotten pretty good at it. It's stepped up our survivor game too, because we understand what the game looks like from the killer's perspective.

    I guess when survivors have to do it they call it "no counter OP plz nerf or I DC".

    Hearing her footsteps - not that easy to do over the chase music.

    Grass - What about maps with no grass?

    Her glass only lights up from a VERY close distance. It's basically impossible to see from anything more than 2 feet away - as has been proven by Scott's video above.

    The Whistling sound is the ONLY counterplay - but we're speaking PURELY of people in a chase with her, so this is irrelevant.

    Also - killer main here (and actually a pretty biased one, normally - but that doesn't stop me from having common sense), I don't have to guess what survivors are doing. If you need to guess what survivors are doing, you're a bad killer.

  • @SloppyKnockout said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1577009#Comment_1577009

    Tru3 also says Deathslinger is a "worse Huntress", and that he's a better killer than Zubat.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1577008#Comment_1577008

    Again - guessing isn't a counter, and when the Spirit, like MOST Spirits, is running Stridor - there is no "unpredictable". Even with Iron Will, you're just dead.

    She must have a 100% 4k rate then, right?

    want an anti spirit build? Spine Chill, Resilience, Quick and Quiet, and Iron Will. If you feel naked without an exhaustion perk, swap resilience with lithe. Its not as meta as the small pp build, but it shifts the mindgame more in your favor, every time she loses a mindgame, the entire survivor side gains pressure. Well, as long as people aren't urban evading in a corner somewhere.

    That said, remember, she doesn't have a "no whoosh noise" addon anymore. Just treat it like wraith: no spine chill and no TR/noise means you are completely free to be working on a gen. Arguably moreso, since she's only 110% when not phasing, and if she has to phase to reach you then it has to recharge before she can use it to mindgame.

  • @Ryuhi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1577014#Comment_1577014

    She must have a 100% 4k rate then, right?

    want an anti spirit build? Spine Chill, Resilience, Quick and Quiet, and Iron Will. If you feel naked without an exhaustion perk, swap resilience with lithe. Its not as meta as the small pp build, but it shifts the mindgame more in your favor, every time she loses a mindgame, the entire survivor side gains pressure. Well, as long as people aren't urban evading in a corner somewhere.

    That said, remember, she doesn't have a "no whoosh noise" addon anymore. Just treat it like wraith: no spine chill and no TR/noise means you are completely free to be working on a gen. Arguably moreso, since she's only 110% when not phasing, and if she has to phase to reach you then it has to recharge before she can use it to mindgame.

    Nice strawman. Try again.

  • I mean, I even gave you a free build to try to minimize her advantage, as well as constructive strategy to hurt her outside of chases. Making a joke about the hyperbolic nature of your position gives you an out from actually considering it tho, so you're welcome for that :)

  • @Ryuhi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1577105#Comment_1577105

    I mean, I even gave you a free build to try to minimize her advantage, as well as constructive strategy to hurt her outside of chases. Making a joke about the hyperbolic nature of your position gives you an out from actually considering it tho, so you're welcome for that :)

    That build doesnt matter when you are using it on the off chance of getting a spirit shes 1 out of the 20 killers lol.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1576949#Comment_1576949

    Gonna upload it dont worry but I know I have beat good spirits bye rushing gens but this spirit was great you will see.

    If it was great then it were better than you and you lost. Get over it, he/she deserved the win then.

  • @Ryuhi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1577105#Comment_1577105

    I mean, I even gave you a free build to try to minimize her advantage, as well as constructive strategy to hurt her outside of chases. Making a joke about the hyperbolic nature of your position gives you an out from actually considering it tho, so you're welcome for that :)

    You also presented a blatant strawman as your opening statement. You're no longer a holder of a valid opinion. When you can open a debate without immediately resorting to a strawman (Basically - forfeiting the debate), I'll designate you with another response. Good day, bud.

  • @Demonl3y said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1576974#Comment_1576974

    If it was great then it were better than you and you lost. Get over it, he/she deserved the win then.

    Go and watch the video that was not a deserved win there was nothing to do in that situation even gen rushing wasnt gonna save my team corrupt and fast chases yeah no.

    But hey keep defending this brain dead killer with a glaring flaw I dont mind just shows your killer bias.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1577118#Comment_1577118

    Go and watch the video that was not a deserved win there was nothing to do in that situation even gen rushing wasnt gonna save my team corrupt and fast chases yeah no.

    But hey keep defending this brain dead killer with a glaring flaw I dont mind just shows your killer bias.

    Oh yea he doesnt deserved the win because he was good with spirit and stomped you guys.


    Grow up.

  • No offense but watching that video is impossible having to hear you talk.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1577111#Comment_1577111

    That build doesnt matter when you are using it on the off chance of getting a spirit shes 1 out of the 20 killers lol.

    Its a perfectly viable build against every killer in the game though. Its not even as specific as saying use calm spirit in case there's a doctor. Spine Chill trumps all stealth powers, and stacks with resilience for things like vault speed when in a chase (injured) and still provides its bonus when uninjured. Quick and Quiet can be used to trick any killer at any loop with an interactable (even lockers, if you're ballsy and clever enough) and Iron will helps at loops (and hiding in general) vs every killer the second you're injured. They're all good perks, and that build's synergy specifically hinders the things you consider strongest about the spirit.

    @SloppyKnockout said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1577111#Comment_1577111

    You also presented a blatant strawman as your opening statement. You're no longer a holder of a valid opinion. When you can open a debate without immediately resorting to a strawman (Basically - forfeiting the debate), I'll designate you with another response. Good day, bud.

    Oh boy, if you want to hold others to a level you don't even hold yourself to, you have no weight to compare these discussions to actual debates. Read the other dozen topics on this subject if you can see them from that high horse.

  • @Momentosis said:

    No offense but watching that video is impossible having to hear you talk.

    I talked for about let's say 1 minute and sped up the video just mute it if you need to I dont care watch it.

  • @Demonl3y said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1577120#Comment_1577120

    Oh yea he doesnt deserved the win because he was good with spirit and stomped you guys.

    Grow up.

    Its not the fact he was good it's the fact we had no way to counter him or outplay. You are fine with this for reason.

  • @Ryuhi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1577116#Comment_1577116

    Its a perfectly viable build against every killer in the game though. Its not even as specific as saying use calm spirit in case there's a doctor. Spine Chill trumps all stealth powers, and stacks with resilience for things like vault speed when in a chase (injured) and still provides its bonus when uninjured. Quick and Quiet can be used to trick any killer at any loop with an interactable (even lockers, if you're ballsy and clever enough) and Iron will helps at loops (and hiding in general) vs every killer the second you're injured. They're all good perks, and that build's synergy specifically hinders the things you consider strongest about the spirit.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1577119#Comment_1577119

    Oh boy, if you want to hold others to a level you don't even hold yourself to, you have no weight to compare these discussions to actual debates. Read the other dozen topics on this subject if you can see them from that high horse.

    Yeah but the builds purpose is to effectively counter spirit especially when there are better perks than it.

  • @Rivyn said:

    Shouldn't you change your title to 'Stridor Spirit?'

    You CAN counter Spirit. It just becomes much trickier when she's using Stridor.

    Explain one of her many counters then. I'll wait.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1577132#Comment_1577132

    Its not the fact he was good it's the fact we had no way to counter him or outplay. You are fine with this for reason.

    No, just you couldnt counter it. There are counters. Ill stop replyng now, since you wpnt understand it anyway.

  • @azame said:

    So I was streaming and I got 3 strider spirits in a row one bad and one I got 2 games in a row. One was running ebony and the best addons movement speed and duration.

    Mind you this spirit has a good headset and clearly is used to stridor audio and pinpoint tracking. I'm gonna upload the video to YouTube and put it here does anyone want it sped up because I also was left to bleed out.

    Something I noticed here, she used her power to catch up to you, not long after that, she pretended to phase.

    Her power has a cool down, that would’ve been a good time to run away and leave her standing there. Gaining some distance as well.

    If I misunderstood something there though, please tell me.

‹ 1 2 3