*New* bug makes game unplayable (already reported it)

PS_Messages_20200823_213353.jpg

As you can see on the picture, the HUD from the first few seconds in the match is still there.

Why is this a problem?

- I can't see any skillchecks

- I can't see any status effects

- I don't know whether anyone of my teammates are injured

...

I've tried opening and closing the menu, but it just stays there.

Am I forced to throw the game/leave when this bug reoccurs? Or is there any trick you can do, similar to the hill bug?

Skill checks appear too often to just guess them right all the time xp.

Edit: apparently it's not new, lol.

Comments

  • It just to be a similar bug once, back in the day. It'd suck if it had made a return.

  • i had a bug that said SACRIFICED across the screen that made it from my last match. Sent the picture to the killer saying this wasn't fair. Got a good laugh from them.

  • @Pawcelot said:

    It just to be a similar bug once, back in the day. It'd suck if it had made a return.

    It did return then. I've had it happen to me twice this week.

    @Tactless_Ninja said:

    i had a bug that said SACRIFICED across the screen that made it from my last match. Sent the picture to the killer saying this wasn't fair. Got a good laugh from them.

    Oof. Was this recent?

  • LMAO, had this bug over a year ago. Spaghetti code strikes back!

  • A month ago maybe? And I found the picture on my PS4. It was on the left side and said Match Result Sacrificed, but I could play normally. Oddly enough, I was the only person sacrificed that match. It was an omen.

  • Holy shite, that's actually the most Game-breaking UI bug I've ever heard of. It literally never changed from the load-in screen? Damn. I've never even heard of that one.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    Holy shite, that's actually the most Game-breaking UI bug I've ever heard of. It literally never changed from the load-in screen? Damn. I've never even heard of that one.

    Nope, it never changed. Today it happened to me again, but I just nope'd out of that match.

    I barely ever dc, but I'm not going to play if I'm *this* disadvantaged. I can't even tell whether or not I'm exhausted or broken or anything. LOL

  • I had this about a year ago but with pig, I could not see gen or hook auras.

  • We need an offering where your obsession starts on the hook. That'll be fun.

  • I’ve had this happen to me maybe 3-4 times in the past year. No idea what causes it

  • This bug is extremely rare and at the same time probably as old as the game itself. If you get that bug you're basically playing the game on "I want to die"-difficulty.

    You have to gen tap all game, heal tap teammates, pay more attention to what's happening to teammates by sounds etc.

    The bug occurs as the game fails to initiate the transition from "map name" to "hud" which is why you can still see "Fractured Cowshed" in the bottom left corner of the image.

  • That bug has been around for awhile. I made a post about it back in May but had been happening to me couple times a month before that. Sometimes it leaves map name sometimes it doesn't.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/152383/ps4-no-hud-while-playing-as-survivor#latest

  • @Tactless_Ninja said:

    i had a bug that said SACRIFICED across the screen that made it from my last match. Sent the picture to the killer saying this wasn't fair. Got a good laugh from them.

    I had that one as well, one of the better bugs

  • I've had this bug only once during 4 years of playing DBD, a huntress game. Tbh I didn't bother and just DCed since this is imao DC worthy problem. I was in no mood to torture myself.

    As others said it's really rare.

  • @Kebek said:

    I've had this bug only once during 4 years of playing DBD, a huntress game. Tbh I didn't bother and just DCed since this is imao DC worthy problem. I was in no mood to torture myself.

    As others said it's really rare.

    Both of the times the bug occurred to me this week, it was against a Huntress.

    Such a coincidence, lol.