How often do you see hillbilly?

Right now, demo and hag are more popular on twitch then hillbilly... as in there is two playing demo and one was on hag.

I never see anyone play him any more as survivor.

Comments

  • Billy just dosent keep up with competent survivors. Once you have the basics of looping down hes a very easy killer to overcome. Any nuances he had weere stripped away i.e. Craic billy.

    In many ways he is inferior to killers like oni and spirit on account of playing loops in a predictible manner. I really struggle to pick billy over oni. He has only been the subject of nerfs minus some minor add on buffs that at best help gimmick builds or try to compensate what was already nerfed.

    Then theres the fact that behaviour are threatening to push the overheat mechanic further in the patch notes. Who the hell wants to stick it out?

    Writings on the wall billy is damaged goods and is marked as a nerf target why risk time investing in improving your billy play when a mechanic like overheat which is widely hated is being pushed and threatened by the dev team.

    Give me a reason to be invested in billy some kind of value in the overheat mechanic that isnt just locking me out of using my power they could have the charge speed required to saw decrease the closer the saw is to overheating so players could tread a thin needle to get some fast saws that potentially risk locking you out of your power. Instead its a frustration mechanic plain and simple.

  • New day and still no Billy twitchers to watch.

  • @BlackMercury said:

    I still see him as survivor as much as I see other killers. What I see much less of is instasaw billies, which I am massively thankful for. Also I now play as him a bunch, didn't play him very often before but his touch up made me more interested in him and now he's one of my favourites.

    He really wasn't harmed at all by his changes.

    Even if you go for chainsaws at every single opportunity you're still not likely to overheat more than once a game, and when you do overheat it doesn't lose you the game or anything, you just do normal killer stuff for a few seconds and then back to sawing.

    His addons never mattered very much. Billy's one of the killers that can reck shop with basekit, addons are just flair on top. He doesn't need any charge addons, backreving is still easy as ######### with or without them. But without them survivors can atleast know consistently what amount of time they have to juke, rather than having to guess or watch him chainsaw someone else first. The only other time you'd want charge addons is to offset the speed addons, but if you're using them for flicks around loops you can still control the survivor's position while you're charging up.

    The worst thing about billy's changes is that he has several addons dedicated to mitigating his overheat, which is a no-factor to begin with. But everything about how he plays is exactly the same except instasaw which, no one wanted to keep except the billys who used it.

    Survivors let you get close enough to back rev and still not reach a pallet?!

    How can they be so bad?

  • Very rare actually. Other than the live update when everyone was trying him, I haven't seen much Billy action. A shame, IMO because he is fun to face.

  • @1anioh said:

    I had 3 billy matches in a row. Followed by a huntress, a doctor, and another billy. I dont play a survivor often so my rank is only 17, but I had zero problems finding him lol.

    I am in red ranks so that could be why i haven't had a single game against him.

    I just realized this is exactly why they nerfed him. made the new potential store whales uninstall.

  • @Zarathos said:

    Billy just dosent keep up with competent survivors. Once you have the basics of looping down hes a very easy killer to overcome. Any nuances he had weere stripped away i.e. Craic billy.

    In many ways he is inferior to killers like oni and spirit on account of playing loops in a predictible manner. I really struggle to pick billy over oni. He has only been the subject of nerfs minus some minor add on buffs that at best help gimmick builds or try to compensate what was already nerfed.

    Then theres the fact that behaviour are threatening to push the overheat mechanic further in the patch notes. Who the hell wants to stick it out?

    Writings on the wall billy is damaged goods and is marked as a nerf target why risk time investing in improving your billy play when a mechanic like overheat which is widely hated is being pushed and threatened by the dev team.

    Give me a reason to be invested in billy some kind of value in the overheat mechanic that isnt just locking me out of using my power they could have the charge speed required to saw decrease the closer the saw is to overheating so players could tread a thin needle to get some fast saws that potentially risk locking you out of your power. Instead its a frustration mechanic plain and simple.

    Nice idea for the overheat. the problem is that is a nice idea and clearly devs want Billy binned like many did to nurse.

  • Almost every game, I've just been getting billys and Huntresses all day

  • I don't know why people stopped using Hillbilly. Before the nerf he was my main. I used him after the update too and I had no problem. Red ranks, by the way.

  • He was quite rare in my games even before overheat. After that I hardly see him at all.

    I can only remember 1 Hillbilly recently and... he was AFK the entire game so that doesn't even count.

    The point is that while he wasn't nerfed into the ground and didn't become unplayable he didn't recieve a single good thing (except for maybe a new chase music but that's not a big thing imo) and recieved a lot of bad things:

    1) A stupid unnecessary cooldown.

    2) Most addons became useless and the best ones are just mediocre like anti-overheat and steering. Engravings are still there but besides maybe top 5% players noone will be able to use them effectively but will still be stuck with a longer charge time and quicker overheating.

  • Yeah, ever since Instasaw and crack billy got removed you never really see him, even though his basekit change barely has any impact. That says a lot about the community, doesn't it?

  • I see him just as much as I did before, which is hardly ever lol

  • @Kumnut768 said:

    i havent seen a single billy since the nerf was announced during the event, everyone jumped ship assuming they would give him the nurse treatment which they kinda did

    Now I don’t play Billy, but I do play Nurse, so I can only assume that “give him the nurse treatment”, means that they made it so that you actually have to try, and be skilled with the killer to win games.

    Billy is still good, people just get upset when their main killer doesn’t just equal free wins anymore, thus why nobody plays nurse anymore even though they are still one of the best killers in the game.

  • @Hollyleaf12 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1571014#Comment_1571014

    Now I don’t play Billy, but I do play Nurse, so I can only assume that “give him the nurse treatment”, means that they made it so that you actually have to try, and be skilled with the killer to win games.

    Billy is still good, people just get upset when their main killer doesn’t just equal free wins anymore, thus why nobody plays nurse anymore even though they are still one of the best killers in the game.

    The opposition for best killer aren't exactly hard to beat.

  • @Dr_doom_j2 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1570697#Comment_1570697

    Psssh, insta saw was the reason most hillbillies even played him, silent billy is not good against SWF and that's why you rarely see him anymore.

    When most people play killer, they like to come out with the best. Tbh Billy is still good, but he's B-toer at best

    alot of people played billy for the flicks but it’s almost impossible to do so now with the cool down changes,

  • There's no question for me that I definitely see him a lot less than I used to before his change. Bubba has taken top spot as most common chainsaw killer.

  • @hillbillyclaudmain69 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1571014#Comment_1571014

    The only bad thing was they nerfed steering. Also he really wasnt that popular to begin with.

    i would usually run crack or base kit but the new dumb ass roar he does is just annoying didnt affect his gameplay that much but now we have addons that dont do anything annoying animation and sound design

  • i never enjoyed double engravings but i would use crack all the time

  • havent seen him in the past 30 matches

  • @Withered8 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1570772#Comment_1570772

    alot of people played billy for the flicks but it’s almost impossible to do so now with the cool down changes,

    Flicks are utterly unchanged. Even if you are nonstop attempting flicks it's gonna take a couple of gens worth of attempts to overheat. And even if you do somehow manage to overheat you can always put on a cooldown reducing addon while you're learning to flick.

  • @BlackMercury said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1572771#Comment_1572771

    Flicks are utterly unchanged. Even if you are nonstop attempting flicks it's gonna take a couple of gens worth of attempts to overheat. And even if you do somehow manage to overheat you can always put on a cooldown reducing addon while you're learning to flick.

    You know they nerfed the cool down recently right? It now takes somewhere around 30 seconds for your chainsaw to cool down now if it hasn’t fully overheated. Revving will destroy your chainsaw in really short periods so you can’t constantly rev at loops any more, which means flicking shack and jungle gyms is insanely hard. You basically have to commit to a flick now and you don’t have time to mind game it.

  • @Withered8 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1574042#Comment_1574042

    You know they nerfed the cool down recently right? It now takes somewhere around 30 seconds for your chainsaw to cool down now if it hasn’t fully overheated. Revving will destroy your chainsaw in really short periods so you can’t constantly rev at loops any more, which means flicking shack and jungle gyms is insanely hard. You basically have to commit to a flick now and you don’t have time to mind game it.

    The nerf was a reduction to the rate of heat dissipation while not charging, it only affects the speed at which his chainsaw cools down while you're not using it. So the only thing it affects is getting slightly less cooldown in the small time between flick attempts, the amount of time you can keep your chainsaw up to mindgame with is unaffected, except that you might have a few more points of heat when you start.

  • @BlackMercury said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1574054#Comment_1574054

    The nerf was a reduction to the rate of heat dissipation while not charging, it only affects the speed at which his chainsaw cools down while you're not using it. So the only thing it affects is getting slightly less cooldown in the small time between flick attempts, the amount of time you can keep your chainsaw up to mindgame with is unaffected, except that you might have a few more points of heat when you start.

    Yea but the heat gained when revving was bad enough as it was. Now you don’t loose that heat fast enough when on cool down to be able to constantly be revving, unless you stand and wait at a loop for 10 seconds after each time you try to flick. I havnt seen a single flick billy since the changes and I don’t think I will for a while.

    Also you play on OCE don’t you? Think I’ve seen u around

  • @Withered8 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1570772#Comment_1570772

    alot of people played billy for the flicks but it’s almost impossible to do so now with the cool down changes,

    This is also true

  • Since his rework i’ve seen him twice

  • I’ve seen two Billys since the rework, they both were terrible and didn’t seem to know how to play him so I can’t really say I’ve faced a competent one since the rework. I couldn’t tell you what his new music was, keep thinking of Deathslinger’s instead. And I’m a huge music buff so it’s weird saying I genuinely don’t know what it is.

  • Just did my daily scan of twitch and i saw every killer but Hillbilly being played.

    omg i found one XD.

  • @Withered8 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1574116#Comment_1574116

    Yea but the heat gained when revving was bad enough as it was. Now you don’t loose that heat fast enough when on cool down to be able to constantly be revving, unless you stand and wait at a loop for 10 seconds after each time you try to flick. I havnt seen a single flick billy since the changes and I don’t think I will for a while.

    Also you play on OCE don’t you? Think I’ve seen u around

    I haven't felt it be that bad but granted I am still pretty garbo at the flicks so I dunno. I definitely get to make plenty of attempts at flicks, to the point where I'm basically throwing the game, and I still only overheat quite rarely, even without addons to counter it. Also yes I do play on oce.

1 2 ›