You want to know what REAL toxicity looks like?
"You've unlocked a reward in the rift!"
Go to rift as a non-premium player...
And not just nothing, 3 whole tiers of nothing!
If this is supposed to encourage me to open my wallet, it's having the exact opposite effect! If you can't even muster up some extra bloodpoints or shards as filler, I can't imagine the premium rift is gonna be much more satisfying.
And why do I get a notification after every single match I don't open it to go 'claim my reward'? That's some primo trolling.
I care approximately 0% about cosmetics even at the best of times, so I'm not the target audience regardless, but good lord could this be any more lazy and obvious? It's the most barebones battle pass concept I've seen so far, so much empty space.


Comments
I pretty much only got this one for the Hag skin but you're right it's pretty underwhelming overall.
Well you don’t have to imagine how the premium rift would satisfy you, you can see those rewards even when not bought..
you say yourself you are not the target audience, then maybe just ignore it? I haven’t really noticed those ‚claim your rewards‘ notification..
I've literally never even hovered over any of the items because I care so little about cosmetics. My prime issue is in regards to receiving a notification about literally, LITERALLY nothing, but framed as though I've just received a fabulous prize. Just fill those empty garbage spaces with like 5k BP or something. Or even 10k, who cares? It's just BP. But I'll take just BP over nothing. At least that'd be worth clicking on.
I honestly don’t care much about the cosmetics, I do like getting the journal entries though, they’re pretty neat. 🙂
Welcome to the world of sleezy marketing. Every game does this. "Wow, if you paid for the pass you would have unlocked this!". To be fair though it's a pretty decent deal. You pay $10.00 and get a higher value of digital items. You also get enough Auric cells to purchase the next archive. I payed $10.00 for the first one and haven't payed a penny since. Magic the Gathering does the same thing. They show you what you could have won if you payed $20.00, it is a $200.00 value though, which is pretty nice.
You pay $10, play the rift, and get your $10 back. If you pay nothing and play the rift, you also still get your money back.
Plus, you can just look at the stuff in the rift and decide if you want to pay $10 or not. You literally don't even have to look at it ever.
Let's worry about more important things in the game. Kay?
Ummm... you are trying to demonstrate how to be toxic by complaining the company isn't giving you ENOUGH free stuff? Given that most of their money is made off cosmetics, I'm surprised (and certainly don't expect) them to give us ANY free stuff. Talk about ungrateful. The game is inexpensive. The new additions are always inexpensive. Isn't playing the game enough?
He's right, the empty squares cause constant notifications trying to goad you in to paying, this is super ######### annoying, and every other game with these F2P mechanics uses in-game currencies in these spaces, like BP and shards would be appropriate as he says.
As with the BP, I think the grind is well beyond reasonable which is why I said it's underwhelming. I'm currently sitting at like 52/70 with like 120 hours played on it and all unlocked chapters completely cleared. This is more than a full time job if I were only playing for the unlocks.
Would it really kill them to give like 5 or 10 Auric Cells in the empty spaces?
Maybe even Bloodpoints or Iri Shards?
SOMETHING to fill the gaps in the rifts that are obviously currently there to encourage people to spend the $10.
I buy it because I have a problem with buying stuff on dbd, but I can see how seriously disappointing this is for people who CAN'T buy it.
Perhaps I just don't have the context to understand this complaint. I think it is silly. But then again, I've never bought a single cosmetic. I don't even understand why people do it. I'm not here to dress up my Survivor or Killer like a Barbie Doll. If I wanted to do that I'd play more Skyrim where I can get all the incredible, free mods I want to dress up characters.
I'm here to PLAY DbD and will probably never use any cosmetic that I didn't earn from the free area. I don't even see the point in doing the Prestige thing. Seems wasteful of my time and the stuff I collected. I might just be too old to understand wanting to makeover fictional serial killers and their victims. But my original point stands. DbD provides you with free stuff already. Saying they aren't giving you enough sound entitled, spoiled and ungrateful.
The issue here is the whole "you unlocked the next rift" notification is really "check what you could unlock if you buy the rift pass."
If you haven't bought the rift pass then it doesn't affect you but don't expect free stuff every unlock. The rift is there to get you to drop cash on cosmetics, the freebee ones are the bait element of this. If you want to buy it you'll unlock something every level, if you don't you'll get a cookie every now and then to make you come back and look at it again and maybe buy it this time around.
Its really no that annoying and its far better than "watch this add" between every game.
This pass is worthless.
I liked the previous one but this...omg.
Also, would be nice to add extra bps and shards as you said to the non-premium, because then, there is no point to upgrade it if you are non-premium.
Most of the FREE games with battlepasses do it way better than DBD is ever doing it.
Free in-game premium currency in the free pass, overall you get more currency than you paid at the start, not the exact same amount.
More relevant stuff in the pass, not a lot of recoloring/charm fillers.
And more challenges and ways to make it less grindy and reach 70 in a more comfortable and less stressful manner.
Surprise surprise, not a single thing is achieved in this battlepass.
Ah, yes, let me be grateful for battle passes, which are just enhanced monetization schemes, in a game that already has a purchase to access the game, DLC purchases multiple times per year to actually have access to 100% of the gameplay, and an in-game cosmetic shop for real money.
Yes, as if the log-in ads for cosmetics weren't enough, here's smaller ads (in the form of notifications for "prizes" you've "earned" even though it's literally nothing 75% of the time) that pop up after every match. That's all those are. Ads.
You can be grateful to a corporation for granting you such an amazing boon as some valueless digital costumes all you want, that's still not even relevant to what I was talking about.
Also, if I had a dollar for every mark I've seen talking about "more free stuff?!" in response to battle pass discussions of all things, I'd be a rich man by now. How can so many suckers possibly exist? Do you really think these items exist as nice little fun freebies for you? Maybe in the early days of DBD when it was mostly just event items.
Don't even get me started on you spending $10 to participate in an absolutely absurd grind. Why make it a grind? So you pay for skips of course. Gotta make money on making money, after all. Jesus. The scheming never ends.
Know what I'd be "grateful" for? A return to an era where I would buy a game, and if there were costumes to unlock, I'd do it by achieving things in-game. And occasionally you'd buy an expansion with a whole bunch of stuff. I mean, if they make most of their money on cosmetics, why even charge for the game or DLC? They're so far beyond double or triple dipping, and people will defend it. You're supposed to make companies fight to earn your buck, not defend them.
So find another game and don't let the door hit your fanny on the way out? I suspect you will be taking a lot of toxic with you. Good riddance. If you stay, you are a hypocrite and we will know you just like to whine and winge.