Stop basing your opinions completely on what streamers and youtubers say.

Don't you have any sense of reflection? Do you just hear what they say and take it as granted? Are you incapable of thinking for yourself?

Its okay to take their opinions into account and formulate your own. What is not okay is to take their opinion and put them into a pedestal, spam their videos and take everything they say in them as an axiom.

Yes, I know it is a player a 100 thousand hours in the game, yes, I know it is a player that knows how to play very optimally, yes, I know it is a player that can 4k as clown 100 games in a row, does that make everything he says about the game true? No. Learn to think critically.

Thanks for listening to my rant.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • Nah. I think it's pretty mediocre unless you are either a Trapper, Hag, or arguably Freddy.

  • @Todgeweiht said:

    Don't you have any sense of reflection? Do you just hear what they say and take it as granted? Are you incapable of thinking for yourself?

    Its okay to take their opinions into account and formulate your own. What is not okay is to take their opinion and put them into a pedestal, spam their videos and take everything they say in them as an axiom.

    Yes, I know it is a player a 100 thousand hours in the game, yes, I know it is a player that knows how to play very optimally, yes, I know it is a player that can 4k as clown 100 games in a row, does that make everything he says about the game true? No. Learn to think critically.

    Thanks for listening to my rant.

    I always apply critical thinking to whatever topic I am weighing. That being said, the opinion of experts in the field should always weigh in appropriately. I apologize, but I'm always going to take the opinions of Otz and Monto (and quite a few others) seriously. That is part of critical thinking.

  • Its primate psychology. Why think for yourself when someone higher up the social chain can think for you. Welcome to the majority of society.

  • @MeatBycicle said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1568938#Comment_1568938

    No it's not odd at all really, survivors are the power role and need nerfs. Too many killers are weak at the higher level. You just don't like to hear it.

    I think he just whines a lot in a very non-constructive way and isn't as good as he thinks he is. Personally I'm not a fan and don't watch him.

  • Wholeheartedly agree.

    The wide majority of these 'content creators' get right up my nose.

    Screeching, smiley, virtue-signalling, Pop collecting, 23-hours a day in front of a screen, 'such a good person' roast poo-tatoes.

  • @BDS22 said:

    But the streamer is a Fog Whisperer. lmao

    😂 This is another chestnut.

    They're a FFFFFFFFFFFOG WHISPERER!

  • @BigTimeGamer said:

    Most people tend to watch content creators if their personality/opinions align with their own.

    Take Scott for example, he is one of the most analytical when it comes to DBD, he has always been open about his opinions on killers like Spirit yet still attempts to remain objective in his videos. People who always agree with what he says may not be agreeing because he is their favorite streamer, but because his views match their own. I fall into this category myself.

    Scott video on the new killer made me lose brain cell. How can he be well designed and be out dated? Everyone can think about things in their own way but my feeling is that Scott pushes opinion as fact.

  • Thanks for this post.

  • @OllieHellhunter said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1568977#Comment_1568977

    Your suggested buff to survivors seems more a problem with the tile strength formula the game uses moreso than anything else, yes, getting a map with nearly nothing to work with is extremely annoying as survivor, as is getting Shack into Jungle gym into cowtree as killer, the system itself I think is the problem more than anything else.

    It literally means atleast one jungle gym has to spawn so we have something good.

  • @BigTimeGamer said:

    Most people tend to watch content creators if their personality/opinions align with their own.

    Take Scott for example, he is one of the most analytical when it comes to DBD, he has always been open about his opinions on killers like Spirit yet still attempts to remain objective in his videos. People who always agree with what he says may not be agreeing because he is their favorite streamer, but because his views match their own. I fall into this category myself.

    Yeah i can't stand his streams. Idk why its something about him. But in terms of alot he is very unbiased in alot of his discussion videos and makes alot of valid points. Paulie is my favorite dbd streamer. The king is the most annoying

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1568993#Comment_1568993

    It literally means atleast one jungle gym has to spawn so we have something good.

    And would that not be a problem with the system itself like I said?

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1568891#Comment_1568891

    I've never heard tru3 speak negatively or point out any flaws on the killer side recently only survivor side quite odd dont you think?

    Tbh killers dont so much as nerfs as much as other killers need buffed. Alot of the roster is a joke. Im not against swf. It can be annoying but i do think they need to balance the game better. Like bring solo players up to level of info swf has.

  • @OllieHellhunter said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1571593#Comment_1571593

    And would that not be a problem with the system itself like I said?

    The problem would be whether or not rng places the jungle gyms with other good tiles. It's all an rng based system but guaranteeing at least one jungle gym still would not be that bad its frustrating to have nothing to work with but regardless sof that fact you would still try and find a problem wit jb one good tile!

  • @LeaderoftheSaints said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1568938#Comment_1568938

    Tbh killers dont so much as nerfs as much as other killers need buffed. Alot of the roster is a joke. Im not against swf. It can be annoying but i do think they need to balance the game better. Like bring solo players up to level of info swf has.

    Yeah I agree but still dont saybtru3 points out flaws in both side he only points out survivor flaws.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1571605#Comment_1571605

    The problem would be whether or not rng places the jungle gyms with other good tiles. It's all an rng based system but guaranteeing at least one jungle gym still would not be that bad its frustrating to have nothing to work with but regardless sof that fact you would still try and find a problem wit jb one good tile!

    So what youre saying is that you agree the system needs to be changed? or am I misunderstanding?

  • @OllieHellhunter said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1571663#Comment_1571663

    So what youre saying is that you agree the system needs to be changed? or am I misunderstanding?

    I dont see how the system can be changed or coded to not spawn god tiles. I dont think the system needs to be changed for one reason the rng is what makes the game special.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1571672#Comment_1571672

    I dont see how the system can be changed or coded to not spawn god tiles. I dont think the system needs to be changed for one reason the rng is what makes the game special.

    Then what do you want? the system to place all the tiles except jungle gyms which would have set locations? that seems like both more work and removing more rng than just changing the tile generation system.

  • @OllieHellhunter said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1571674#Comment_1571674

    Then what do you want? the system to place all the tiles except jungle gyms which would have set locations? that seems like both more work and removing more rng than just changing the tile generation system.

    No set jungle gyms just a guaranteed spawn like shack has on maps like autohaven. Only atleast 1 though.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1571679#Comment_1571679

    No set jungle gyms just a guaranteed spawn like shack has on maps like autohaven. Only atleast 1 though.

    Then I'm pretty sure we at least mostly agree there's just been a communication error somewhere.

  • @Todgeweiht said:

    Don't you have any sense of reflection? Do you just hear what they say and take it as granted? Are you incapable of thinking for yourself?

    Its okay to take their opinions into account and formulate your own. What is not okay is to take their opinion and put them into a pedestal, spam their videos and take everything they say in them as an axiom.

    Yes, I know it is a player a 100 thousand hours in the game, yes, I know it is a player that knows how to play very optimally, yes, I know it is a player that can 4k as clown 100 games in a row, does that make everything he says about the game true? No. Learn to think critically.

    Thanks for listening to my rant.

    I think for myself, but my thoughts mirror tru3s. I get a lot of strong survivor teams and killer is weak.

  • @kingoftheirish1992 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1568632#Comment_1568632

    Scott video on the new killer made me lose brain cell. How can he be well designed and be out dated? Everyone can think about things in their own way but my feeling is that Scott pushes opinion as fact.

    I’m going to have to disagree, In his video he repeatedly says “I think” and “In my opinion” and makes sure to let his audience know that these are first impressions. To me, the only parts that would come off as facts is him telling people how to play Blight and why people were upset. Also, Blight just needs bug fixes so him saying that he’s well designed is fair.

  • @FambinoBambino_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1569812#Comment_1569812

    I’m going to have to disagree, In his video he repeatedly says “I think” and “In my opinion” and makes sure to let his audience know that these are first impressions. To me, the only parts that would come off as facts is him telling people how to play Blight and why people were upset. Also, Blight just needs bug fixes so him saying that he’s well designed is fair.

    A killer that has to run into things to is not a well designed killer it feels more like a troll. You can think and have a opinion about anything but to say everyone should blindly believe just because is moronic. His can say " I think " and also think everyone should take it as fact or else your not intelligent enough to have your own opinions. He comes off as a intelligent guy who needs to show how smart he is when no asked him about it.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1571606#Comment_1571606

    Yeah I agree but still dont saybtru3 points out flaws in both side he only points out survivor flaws.

    I dont watch him as much as i used to. But he would call out more survivor problems but he called out the killer issues sometimes.

  • @BigTimeGamer said:

    Most people tend to watch content creators if their personality/opinions align with their own.

    Take Scott for example, he is one of the most analytical when it comes to DBD, he has always been open about his opinions on killers like Spirit yet still attempts to remain objective in his videos. People who always agree with what he says may not be agreeing because he is their favorite streamer, but because his views match their own. I fall into this category myself.

    I've been really liking Scott's talking videos.

    My only issue is that he seems to assume all players will play optimally 100% of the time, unless they're absolute taters. I always find myself wanting to argue from the perspective of the other 85-90% of the player base that's just consistently okay at the game, lol.

  • +1

    Finally someone who has an own opinion 😍😍😍

  • If I was holding a drink right now I'd raise my glass to you lol

1 2 ›