Pop goes the weasel, am I the only killer that doesn’t adore it?
So I won’t argue if it’s good, it’s a GREAT perk for sure as 25% regression instantly can be huge. I mean arguable it’s one of the top 5 Perks for most killers.
But it’s just not my preferred slowdown, I try to bring it back into my build once in a while but here’s the problems I run into: A. Seeing someone else right after the hook so I either let them run free or lose my chance to pop. B. The first two gens I find are barley progressed meaning I waste time using it kind of defeating the purpose. C. I’ll see a good target to chase with BBQ but obviously by the time I Pop they have lots of times to move if they want.
Personally I prefer Surge or sloppy butcher as my slowdown as they’re passive. Down someone as Clown, gen gets surged, hook and then immediately head to my next target. Am I bad or is it really just personal preference to a degree? For what it’s worth I’m usually purple and end up red (4) right near the end of reset so I don’t NEED to have all the best perks against thr players I go against.
Comments
I used it from when Clown came out, back when everyone said "it's so bad on everyone but Nurse and Billy" so despite it being one of the top meta perks, it still kinda feels like my thing to me.
I have been experimenting with Surge though, which I find is really nice on Deathslinger, especially because its got a decent range and makes up for his lack of map pressure when you don't need to walk to gens and spend time kicking them.
Surge and PGTW are the two best and can even work well together. Surge can save you a fair bit of time if you get good down spots and can hit multiple gens at once but when you really want to crush dreams PGTW is the best for stomping that nearly finished gen. They're both good as slow down perks go. I don't think anything else is worth it.
Sloppy is only good with something else that can benefit from it, other things like Thana don't do enough, and at that point you're probably better with chase/tracking. Ruin is trash can be easily destroyed or countered. Surveillance is getting nerfed in to the ground and that was the only thing I would even attempt to bring Ruin with. The # of S-tier, must have killer perks is exceedingly small, arguably even less than just second chance perks from survivors, healing and other things not even included.
Personally I've never used it and probably never will because slowdown perks don't contribute to interesting gameplay. They just prolong the match artifically which is boring for me. I prefer perks that have an "omg the killer runs XYZ perk!"-effect.
That being said I still usually run 1 slowdown perk as gen speed is... Well... Way too quick at times but it's never been Pop Goes The Weasel so far.
What killers do you play? Whether I use Surge or Pop depends on the killer.
i dont adore most of the perks i use, there are alot more interesting and fun perks out there for sure, but sadly the perks i use i feel i need to use to stand a chance against certain teams, or on certain maps. By no means do you always need the perks, you could go perkless and still have some good games but for the majority of games i feel included at rank one to use Corrupt, pop, BBQ. gives me the early game needed, pop for a gen throughout the match and bbq for some info between hooks etc. for me chases etc. are never the issue its always the gen speed and thats why i feel forced to run it, i am quite harsh on myself as a rank 1 killer, i know some people are happy with a 2k (6hooks) but to me 6 hooks isnt enough to earn rank one, im skillful at the game, i play all killers etc. so to me with all that skill and knowledge i expect at least 9hooks on a hard game
Yep, I feel exactly the same! I understand why so many people use it but I just much prefer tracking and chasing perks. The fun part of playing killer for me is hunting and chasing, so I much prefer aggressive builds to slowdown builds.
I’m with you usually, I’d rather run Devour Hope for example just in case it lasts, and if it doesn’t activate or gets cleaned oh well the next game is just a click away.
I’ve fiddled with both, I agree it’s strong but it feels overly slowdown/sweaty/forever ish/ if that makes sense.
Hiw is surveillance getting nerfed?
Yep that sums up better what I meant above, I’d rather play location and chase perks and spend the whole game actively engaged with survuvors! If that means I get “gen rushed,” and lose in 5 minutes after 2 chases so be it. I’ll just queue up again. A 20 minute game that ends with stealth survivors and a 3-gen strat just isn’t fun for me anymore
Oh, I SWORE it used to stop working when a gen hit zero and people called me crazy... if it’s going back to that I don’t see how it’s a nerf, I mean it is a nerf but that’s how it’s supposed to be.
I like pop it actually make kicking a gen actually usefull.
But i only use it on killers that might need slowdown of gens otherwise corrupt or ruin are my go to perks.
Ruin ussually on totem builds.
I dont like surge but i can understand people who use it. I just dont like the big cooldown for that effect.
Its not a case of adoration but necessity for most killers. I'd have lost many matches without it. Being able to knock gens back 25% makes a big difference.
Same, I try other stuff and none if it seems to work well for me
They really should look at the cooldown on that. Its way to long.
Yeah also tried thanta + dying light. Might as well have been running 2 perks
Nobody “adores” running gen slowdown perks. They’re more like a requirement if you’re facing decent players.
I don't like it because you have to spend time going to a gen and kick it, and at high ranks you can't afford to waste time.
Personally I'm a huge fan of Surge, since it allows you to break gens without losing momentum. Plus it helps when survivors are trying to finish a gen while you're chasing someone else in the vicinity.
The only reason I'm using Surge over Pop currently is that my meme build involves chasing a Survivor while carrying another Survivor, which makes kicking gens clunky. But under normal circumstances, I much prefer Pop. I have no problem starting a small chase with someone, maybe getting a quick hit, and then running back to kick the gen.
Tbh, I don’t PGTW at all; I find PGTW to be useless because of the amount of chases you could lose to regressing a gen, as well as your focus being put on regressing the gens rather than downing the survivors. I STILL prefer Ruin, as it does a lot more (even if cleansed early, it still provides more) and doesn’t distract me from what I should be doing.