killers need to be able to opt out of SWF
So I've been playing on and off for a few months started playing more when it became a plus game. The one thing that's really been bugging me is I often will get matched up with rank 2 SWF groups when I'm a rank 15 killer. Seriously it's happened twice in an hour at this point.
The matchmaking is very unbalanced when SWF comes up and they should not be facing killers in the newbie ranks, I'd really like to see an option to opt out of SWF completely. Give killers who opt into SWF double bp or some other incentive maybe.
Comments
If you dodge them before the game starts, they cant tell you to git gut
But matching is definitely an issue on both sides.
True except I never dodge lobbys.. There's no way of telling if it's swf until the game begins. If there was I definitely would.
Go see a doctor or something mate, or just grow up.
Joining at the same time = 90% chance a SWF
Killer acting all innocent and betrayed lol. First 3 months the killers absolutely stomped new players by exploiting the dodging of lobbies. And I know because I used it to get rank 1 on my killer to get the achievement because of timeschedule of work so dont go denying it.
It does not.
...
I get the frustration that some people feel when it comes to SWF, but I think having a button to click that filters out SWF would actually cause more harm to the game then good. For one thing, if you just can't handle the frustration of a SWF team then you can always dodge the lobby if 4 survivors appear at the same time.
The problem with making it so killers can opt out of SWF is that you will split the population of players making the lobby wait times intolerable. If you are a killer opting out then your lobbies will take ridiculous amounts of time to fill and likewise, SWF teams would take ridiculous amounts of time to find killers.
My personal recommendation is to learn how to take advantage of SWF team's weaknesses. SWF is very predictable. Use it to your advantage.
I think the issue with SWF should be dealt with, problem is that it will split the playerbase, which will affect queue times tremendously for the worse, if the option to opt out of SWF matches is implemented.
Instead I think they should seek to fix the unfairness and unbalance it creates, by first implementing more communicative options for non-swf groups so that it is more even. Then they should penalize the swf groups game mechanically based on how many they are, to even out the unfairness and advantage they have. Because the devs can't take the edge from them that comes from being in an swf, and they can't buff the killer either UNLESS it's a FULL SWF group, however, it would be much better to impose game mechanical disadvantages as it works regardsless of group combination (mixed sfw and non-swf groups).
@Vietfox
@fcc2014
Yeah we know, we know...
Also, i might have said that camping for the only reason to secure the kill and stuff are cheap tactics but that's it. Never asked for them to be punished or reportable.
Anyway, glad you thought about me, that gif made me laugh xD
Edit: i even said noed was fine. And, as far as i know, never called any perk a "crutch".
@SenzuDuck Nailed it exactly. Thats the only thing I took from watching his video. Hes not particularly a good killer and it shows clear as day in his video. I think he blames his lack of skill and losing on ''swf'' groups. In saying that we all lose games as killers. But I cant stand this mentality of blaming the game, its devs and swf for your own mistakes in the games.
SWF is a money maker, the will never nerf or change.
The only thing we can do is, dodge a swf lobby.
They won't do this. Every single killer (for the most part) would opt out and swf groups would never be able to find games. If they were going to do that they might as well just get rid of swf. The current route they are taking is a better one imo. Their goal is to bring solo players and swf groups to a closer level so they can make it easier to balance the game as a whole. And honestly once they find a way to extend games a little bit, it won't really matter that much if people are swf or not. They only real advantage at that point will be voice comms which won't make you lose a game in most situations.
Now I don't want to encourage this playstyle because it is perceived to be scummy...
buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut
If you do play against SWF just hook one and camp him, his friends wont leave him behind. It'll give you a chance for a couple kills maybe. If you only get him and it turns out they don't care about him, at least you ruined his game like they ruined yours
.
They are hard to beat sometimes but not unbeatable.
just make two modes..a ranked mode where you can only queue solo and a non ranked mode where you can queue together.
simple
/thread
If they are tryharding, there is no way you stand a chance unless you are a decent nurse.
But yeah, gotta exploit that over-altruism
Just prepare for the salt overflow after the match^^