Stretched Res

Out of pure curiosity (and a little bit of boredom),

Do you consider stretched res cheating? and if so why?

Comments

  • As long as it's a res with an aspect ratio found in commercial monitors, then I don't have an issue with it. A) having a monitor with a certain aspect ratio can't be cheating and using a res with that aspect ratio can't either (you could just buy a monitor like that), B) most of those resolutions don't give an unfair advantage for either killers of survivors.

    I still like my 16:9 because it makes my recordings sharper. But everything I described above doesn't bother me. It's up to the devs to fix it if they don't want it in the game.

  • @dugman said:

    So many posters who think that "stretched res" is referring to unusual monitor sizes. In this context Stretched Res is referring to stretching the vertical resolution specifically so that you can see over obstacles in loops that you're not supposed to see over. As in you're playing at a 1:1 ratio instead of roughly a 4:3 ratio. It's a significant advantage in loops because it makes it much harder for a killer to mindgame at the loop when you can see them.

    Tru3ta1ent posted a video a while back with side-by-sides of it. The first two examples, for instance, are a normal 1280 x 780 resolution and a stretched 1080 x 1080 resolution. There are no monitors with "1080 x 1080" resolution and no reason to play at that ratio other than to cheat so you can see over things.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CYOAWnUXfA

    Wow, that is absolutely insane that it lets you get full vision of even short killers like Pig.

    Anyone who refuses to acknowledge the benefits of stretched res is clearly biased/uses it themselves. The minor loss of horizontal vision doesn't matter on survivor and there's no reason to be staring straight downwards anyways. Absolutely crazy that this has been in the game for 4 years, not to mention the game was released in 2016 when this kind of thing was basically non-existent in other games.

  • @bjorksnas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1558601#Comment_1558601

    karu it isn't our fault your tv is 18 years old

    spend a few or stop complaining to everyone else that you are forced to use the blatantly broken thing

    "Spend a few" in a global pandemic whilst I'm a full time student to replace equipment tgst functions just fine instead of having BHVR, the game developers, implement a function resolution scaling system to ensure that it isn't an issue for everyone instead of just for me. Okay.

  • It is exploiting because you can see over loops you're not supposed to.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1851305#Comment_1851305

    "Spend a few" in a global pandemic whilst I'm a full time student to replace equipment tgst functions just fine instead of having BHVR, the game developers, implement a function resolution scaling system to ensure that it isn't an issue for everyone instead of just for me. Okay.

    You make it sound like people are saying to spend $300 on a monitor. There are a slew of 1080p ones that are under $100. Put a little money aside here and there. It can be done in two months if you're just putting in $10 a week. One month if you're doing $20.

  • @Ohnoes said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1851356#Comment_1851356

    You make it sound like people are saying to spend $300 on a monitor. There are a slew of 1080p ones that are under $100. Put a little money aside here and there. It can be done in two months if you're just putting in $10 a week. One month if you're doing $20.

    To my name, to get me through 3 months, I have £69.15 to spend on food & present for birthdays and anything else that isn't rent or bills. In the nicest possible way, I'm not going to buy a new monitor when my current ones work perfectly fine. BHVR need to implement a functional resolution scaling system. What may seem like not much to someone is a fortune to someone else. Please don't assume anything about my financial situation.

  • only intentionally, if a computer doesn't have a set resolution it's not the fault of the monitor owner, however when purposeful to get an advantage that's just cheating, plain and simple.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1851305#Comment_1851305

    "Spend a few" in a global pandemic whilst I'm a full time student to replace equipment tgst functions just fine instead of having BHVR, the game developers, implement a function resolution scaling system to ensure that it isn't an issue for everyone instead of just for me. Okay.

    I do not control your life karu, this just sounds like a place for you to vent now, don't take it personally

    love you sugar drive safe

  • Us lowly consolers add things like this to the "is it PC only and is it unfair" pile, which contains things like:

    Video card this

    Sound card that

    Monitor sized whatever

    Resolution that over there

    Fps above 25 and actually steady

    Sensitivity 8000+

    And I'm sure other thingys I'm forgetting. But we all play the same game, right?

  • Short answer: Yes.

    Long answer: Yessssssss.

  • @bjorksnas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1851356#Comment_1851356

    I do not control your life karu, this just sounds like a place for you to vent now, don't take it personally

    love you sugar drive safe

    I'm not venting, I'm letting people know what my financial situation is which is why I can't afford to set money aside for a new monitor each week, especially considering they're trying to give me financial advice without knowing what's going on.

    Also, only people I like can call me Karu. I've got a full name for a reason, if you need to refer to me as something.

  • @bjorksnas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1558601#Comment_1558601

    karu it isn't our fault your tv is 18 years old

    spend a few or stop complaining to everyone else that you are forced to use the blatantly broken thing

    Stretched isnt cheating bjorks

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1852012#Comment_1852012

    I'm not venting, I'm letting people know what my financial situation is which is why I can't afford to set money aside for a new monitor each week, especially considering they're trying to give me financial advice without knowing what's going on.

    Also, only people I like can call me Karu. I've got a full name for a reason, if you need to refer to me as something.

    what I call you is dependent on the effort of which I type it, if I shorten your name its because im lazy, and all these posts directed at you are because they are responding to your slew of comments as if each one was directed at you in the first place which they weren't

  • @bjorksnas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1852069#Comment_1852069

    what I call you is dependent on the effort of which I type it, if I shorten your name its because im lazy, and all these posts directed at you are because they are responding to your slew of comments as if each one was directed at you in the first place which most of them aren't

    Considering how you responded to my comments then yes I'm pretty sure it's directed to me.

    I don't care if you're lazy. Either don't use my name, or use the full one. Basic manners

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1852132#Comment_1852132

    Considering how you responded to my comments then yes I'm pretty sure it's directed to me.

    I don't care if you're lazy. Either don't use my name, or use the full one. Basic manners

    ok karu ill keep that in mind as I go back to playing minecraft to keep basic manners

  • its iffy,

    can only be done consistently on pc

    gives a decent ingame advantage

    pretty close tho

  • @bjorksnas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1852079#Comment_1852079

    its iffy,

    can only be done consistently on pc

    gives a decent ingame advantage

    pretty close tho

    I can still mindgame my friend who runs 1080 x 1080 on all tiles so its cheating how?

  • thats a bad analogy tho so im just going to snip out the important parts

    (example of analogy using same structure a baby huntress can lose with iri head so how is it op, doesn't take skill into account and removes too many other factors)

    I can still mindgame someone using stretched res so how is it cheating

    While it doesn't play the game for you it still offers an advantage that is more powerful the higher the skill level of the survivor and can be easily abused near the middle to end of the survivor skill spectrum, and since it is usually intentionally done on pc by changing resolution it can be considered exploiting the game if done on purpose to gain an unfair advantage

  • It's not or not exactly cheating, it depends on the resolution being used. Yes, there are extreme resolutions that give a competitive advantage but common resolutions like 1600x1080 doesn't give much of a noticeable advantage while providing more frames per second. It all depends.

  • @bjorksnas said:

    thats a bad analogy tho so im just going to snip out the important parts

    (example of analogy using same structure a baby huntress can lose with iri head so how is it op, doesn't take skill into account and removes too many other factors)

    I can still mindgame someone using stretched res so how is it cheating

    While it doesn't play the game for you it still offers an advantage that is more powerful the higher the skill level of the survivor and can be easily abused near the middle to end of the survivor skill spectrum, and since it is usually intentionally done on pc by changing resolution it can be considered exploiting the game if done on purpose to gain an unfair advantage

    The only reason it's not cheating is because you can see more distance not more of the killer. If the killer hugs the loop like the survivor you wont see them. That's why I was able to mindgame him. Hes a good survivor. The only thing that's cheating is actually fov cheats which let's you third person peak without going to safety corners and seeing over actual loops.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1852196#Comment_1852196

    The only reason it's not cheating is because you can see more distance not more of the killer. If the killer hugs the loop like the survivor you wont see them. That's why I was able to mindgame him. Hes a good survivor. The only thing that's cheating is actually fov cheats which let's you third person peak without going to safety corners and seeing over actual loops.

    but streched res just lets you see over more loops against more killers

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1852141#Comment_1852141

    I can still mindgame my friend who runs 1080 x 1080 on all tiles so its cheating how?

    Depends. Can everyone else? Or are there mindgames vs people he only wins because of that resolution?

    And yes, its cheating for sure, no matter how you justify it, and no matter what the devs do about it. Just like doping is cheating, even if you can´t proof it.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1852196#Comment_1852196

    The only reason it's not cheating is because you can see more distance not more of the killer. If the killer hugs the loop like the survivor you wont see them. That's why I was able to mindgame him. Hes a good survivor. The only thing that's cheating is actually fov cheats which let's you third person peak without going to safety corners and seeing over actual loops.

    But you CAN see more of the Killer. It´s like having wallhacks at most tiles. You also have far more environmental awareness than someone who doesnt abuse the exploit.

    And if you can mindgame your friend even when he´s using stretch res, maybe he´s not as good as you think, it would be like successfully pulling off a moonwalk mindgame at a car loop.

  • @bjorksnas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1852317#Comment_1852317

    but streched res just lets you see over more loops against more killers

    @Slashstreetboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1852317#Comment_1852317

    But you CAN see more of the Killer. It´s like having wallhacks at most tiles. You also have far more environmental awareness than someone who doesnt abuse the exploit.

    And if you can mindgame your friend even when he´s using stretch res, maybe he´s not as good as you think, it would be like successfully pulling off a moonwalk mindgame at a car loop.

    @sulaiman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1852158#Comment_1852158

    Depends. Can everyone else? Or are there mindgames vs people he only wins because of that resolution?

    And yes, its cheating for sure, no matter how you justify it, and no matter what the devs do about it. Just like doping is cheating, even if you can´t proof it.

    Have any of you guys used stretched res? Ussylis who recently went back to native after all the hate seems to be able to loop the same way. To compare stretched res to a car loop filler is absurd. Show me proof of you being able to see more of the killer if they hug the loop on 1080 x 1080, 1440 x 1089, and 1600 x 1080.

    Environmental awareness is something you can gain by scouting the map before hand like a good survivor. Do the extra distance becomes nothing special. Slasherstreetboy if you think hes bad we can ways set up a 1v1 and you can handle your business.

  • I see you avoided answering my question. Very fitting.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1852419#Comment_1852419

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1852651#Comment_1852651

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1852645#Comment_1852645

    Have any of you guys used stretched res? Ussylis who recently went back to native after all the hate seems to be able to loop the same way. To compare stretched res to a car loop filler is absurd. Show me proof of you being able to see more of the killer if they hug the loop on 1080 x 1080, 1440 x 1089, and 1600 x 1080.

    Environmental awareness is something you can gain by scouting the map before hand like a good survivor. Do the extra distance becomes nothing special. Slasherstreetboy if you think hes bad we can ways set up a 1v1 and you can handle your business.

    I don´t use stretch res, I don´t even know how to do it, and neither do I cheat in any other way, shape or form.

    The most recent showcase, Truetalents vid in this post, should be enough to convince anyone about the tremendous advantage it provides. If you can´t see that, I really don´t know what to tell you.

    Also, you denying that it isn´t beneficial to see the exact moves of the Killer at all times regardless of visual obstacles that usually would obscure them is baffling.

    But whatever, if some people need this kind of unfair crutch to play, it´s up to BHVR to fix it, feel free to ride the ez mode wave till then.

    Edit: Since you brought up Ussylis, here´s a quote from him:

    "Unfair? Sure, that's your opinion. Might I add that I don't even use 1080x1080, which undeniably can make loops literally unmindgamable, while my stretched res 1600x1080 is only slightly stretched. I use it cause I've been used to it from the years of gaming before DBD."

    Reading this inclines me to at least acknowledge that it depends on the degree to which resolution gets stretched whether it can be considered cheating or not.

  • Well, aszame also denies that swf gives a team any advantages, so there is not much you can say.

  • @sulaiman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1852158#Comment_1852158

    Depends. Can everyone else? Or are there mindgames vs people he only wins because of that resolution?

    And yes, its cheating for sure, no matter how you justify it, and no matter what the devs do about it. Just like doping is cheating, even if you can´t proof it.

    @sulaiman said:

    Well, aszame also denies that swf gives a team any advantages, so there is not much you can say.

    @sulaiman said:

    I see you avoided answering my question. Very fitting.

    Can people mindgame him yes they can. How is stretched res gonna help at shack when you cant see more horizontal fov which which would actually give an advantage. Even autohaven June gyms are mindgamable. The spots you can see the killer over are on native as well.

    I never denied swf gives a team an advantage. Thag advantage is merely just coordination because they can speak. Nothing else. Even coordinated, a swf can be bad like most survivors.

  • For me it's cheating. You can see over things you are not supposed to see over (like corn, hay balls or certain loops), which gives you a clear advantage while looping.

    If you have a monitor which needs this kind of resolution you should get black bars at the top and the bottom like in a movie, which blocks out the areas you would see or something similar.

    End of discussion.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    Yeah, it's cheating. It's like using Nvidia filters, but ×5, because it increases your FoV to the point you can clearly see over loops instead of barely glimpsing over them. A lot of people like to use the argument of "YoU cAn SeE oVeR aNyWaY", but to that I ask: Is it cheating if the killer disables Fog?

    Yep, all those color adjustments to see better. I hate it when I even see large content creators or fog whisperers use these....

  • Yes no doubt, that give you a huge advantage in 1vs1. Comms do the same for the 1vs4.

    I've even seen streamers playing killer in stretched...like a nurse with a "4k win streak", (LUL).

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1852645#Comment_1852645

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1852673#Comment_1852673

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1852664#Comment_1852664

    Can people mindgame him yes they can. How is stretched res gonna help at shack when you cant see more horizontal fov which which would actually give an advantage. Even autohaven June gyms are mindgamable. The spots you can see the killer over are on native as well.

    I never denied swf gives a team an advantage. Thag advantage is merely just coordination because they can speak. Nothing else. Even coordinated, a swf can be bad like most survivors.

    I dont know what you are answering to, i maybe better repeat my question: "are there mindgames he only wins because of strechted resolution?" But i did asked it in a two-question-combo, i give you that, you answered the first one.

  • I enjoy watching Ussylis and I'm glad he's no longer using stretched res. When people say, "look at streamer, he or she was good before and now look at them, they're still good"... Well that's not a good argument. Barry Bonds was already the best baseball player in the world, then he started to use performance enhancing drugs and he broke all kinds of records that still stand today.

    A player can be good at something without cheating and then cheat and become even better. That's the case with good players in all games/sports. Or in the case with Ussylis, he cheated by using stretched res, and now he isn't and yes he is still a good looper. Is he as good as he was before, impossible to say without full data, but given the fact that stretched res definitely helps I'd say he's probably not as strong as a looper as he was before.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1852419#Comment_1852419

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1852651#Comment_1852651

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1852645#Comment_1852645

    Have any of you guys used stretched res? Ussylis who recently went back to native after all the hate seems to be able to loop the same way. To compare stretched res to a car loop filler is absurd. Show me proof of you being able to see more of the killer if they hug the loop on 1080 x 1080, 1440 x 1089, and 1600 x 1080.

    Environmental awareness is something you can gain by scouting the map before hand like a good survivor. Do the extra distance becomes nothing special. Slasherstreetboy if you think hes bad we can ways set up a 1v1 and you can handle your business.

    image.png

    Just hug the wall of the loop and you can still mindgame them

    this picture is stretched res btw

    and no not all killers can just hug the edge of the loop because their height gives them away with stretched res regardless

    main killers this affects that usually have to chase in loops

    wraith, myers, trapper, hillbilly, huntress, doctor, bubba, clown, plauge, demogorgon, oni, deathslinger, pyramid head, and maybe even the twins

    making plenty more loops into open car loops regardless of what the killer does due to abusing stretched res to this extreme is a bit much

  • Stretched res is absolutely an advantage. There are extremely few sweatlords I know of who still play on native res. I know some people playing on 1:1. It's Shadowborn without a perk slot

  • @bjorksnas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1852660#Comment_1852660

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/V4YNGQEWS5NF/image.png

    Just hug the wall of the loop and you can still mindgame them

    this picture is stretched res btw

    and no not all killers can just hug the edge of the loop because their height gives them away with stretched res regardless

    main killers this affects that usually have to chase in loops

    wraith, myers, trapper, hillbilly, huntress, doctor, bubba, clown, plauge, demogorgon, oni, deathslinger, pyramid head, and maybe even the twins

    making plenty more loops into open car loops regardless of what the killer does due to abusing stretched res to this extreme is a bit much

    Bjorks I'm willing to play a custom and show you that you can see the killer there with normal res. Was there no comparison included with that photo? On normal res you wouldnt be looking down as much to see myers because of the less fov.

  • @sulaiman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1853016#Comment_1853016

    I dont know what you are answering to, i maybe better repeat my question: "are there mindgames he only wins because of strechted resolution?" But i did asked it in a two-question-combo, i give you that, you answered the first one.

    No I dont think so because he used to be a console player and he won the same mindgames playing on that. It's a back and forth thing unless it's a filler pallet. If he wins the mindgame its because I didnt make it convincing enough.

  • @Slashstreetboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1852660#Comment_1852660

    I don´t use stretch res, I don´t even know how to do it, and neither do I cheat in any other way, shape or form.

    The most recent showcase, Truetalents vid in this post, should be enough to convince anyone about the tremendous advantage it provides. If you can´t see that, I really don´t know what to tell you.

    Also, you denying that it isn´t beneficial to see the exact moves of the Killer at all times regardless of visual obstacles that usually would obscure them is baffling.

    But whatever, if some people need this kind of unfair crutch to play, it´s up to BHVR to fix it, feel free to ride the ez mode wave till then.

    Edit: Since you brought up Ussylis, here´s a quote from him:

    "Unfair? Sure, that's your opinion. Might I add that I don't even use 1080x1080, which undeniably can make loops literally unmindgamable, while my stretched res 1600x1080 is only slightly stretched. I use it cause I've been used to it from the years of gaming before DBD."

    Reading this inclines me to at least acknowledge that it depends on the degree to which resolution gets stretched whether it can be considered cheating or not.

    If you havent used or even know he to stretch why make such an argument when you arent fully informed.

    True talents video showed stretched beyond the ones people actually play. 1280 x 720 is what I think it showcases. To be fair all you can see is more distance. Even in the trapper one where you can see beyond the rock, you can run spine chill or just go to the sides and use your horizontal fov to 3rd person peak.

    Yes I am denying you can see more of the killers if anything its cheating for killer since you can mess with the flashlight blind angles and see normally when fatigued. Bet you didnt know that because all you were focused on is that it makes loops unmindgameable.

    So since you quite that what loops are unmindgameable with stretched? Ussylis says so but what loops are the unmindgameable ones? Jungle gyms? Surely not becuase if you hug the loop you arent seeing more of the killer.

    This I can somewhat get around to but I wouldnt play on anything stretched more than 1440 x 1080.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1852668#Comment_1852668

    If you havent used or even know he to stretch why make such an argument when you arent fully informed.

    True talents video showed stretched beyond the ones people actually play. 1280 x 720 is what I think it showcases. To be fair all you can see is more distance. Even in the trapper one where you can see beyond the rock, you can run spine chill or just go to the sides and use your horizontal fov to 3rd person peak.

    Yes I am denying you can see more of the killers if anything its cheating for killer since you can mess with the flashlight blind angles and see normally when fatigued. Bet you didnt know that because all you were focused on is that it makes loops unmindgameable.

    So since you quite that what loops are unmindgameable with stretched? Ussylis says so but what loops are the unmindgameable ones? Jungle gyms? Surely not becuase if you hug the loop you arent seeing more of the killer.

    This I can somewhat get around to but I wouldnt play on anything stretched more than 1440 x 1080.

    I don´t need to know how to replicate it to see its effect.

    Keep defending this kind of exploit, I see there´s no point arguing you on this one. Just know that it´s frowned upon for good reason, and you trying to make up excuses and downplaying it doesn´t exactly paint you in a good way tbh.

    And you don´t know what "people actually play", I bet there´s tons of scummy people out there that play on 1080x1080 to make their matches as unfair and miserable for their opposition as possible.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1853265#Comment_1853265

    Bjorks I'm willing to play a custom and show you that you can see the killer there with normal res. Was there no comparison included with that photo? On normal res you wouldnt be looking down as much to see myers because of the less fov.

    its a minecraft day today, ive already played dbd

  • @Slashstreetboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1853818#Comment_1853818

    I don´t need to know how to replicate it to see its effect.

    Keep defending this kind of exploit, I see there´s no point arguing you on this one. Just know that it´s frowned upon for good reason, and you trying to make up excuses and downplaying it doesn´t exactly paint you in a good way tbh.

    And you don´t know what "people actually play", I bet there´s tons of scummy people out there that play on 1080x1080 to make their matches as unfair and miserable for their opposition as possible.

    I guess, but you will never know just.hoe much of a "cheat" it is then lol.

    Why are you ignoring everything I said. I'm defending the "exploit" for a reason. It isnt cheating. Its frowned upon becuase alot of killers cant take an L. One streamer complained stretched res made shack impossible to mindgame. That's your opinion if it doesnt paint me well. To be fair it's way more killer stretched players than survivor so what do you have to say to that?

    1080 x 1080 isnt cheating. Same way you can say you bet there is a bunch of 1080 players I can say there are a bunch of native players.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1853852#Comment_1853852

    I guess, but you will never know just.hoe much of a "cheat" it is then lol.

    Why are you ignoring everything I said. I'm defending the "exploit" for a reason. It isnt cheating. Its frowned upon becuase alot of killers cant take an L. One streamer complained stretched res made shack impossible to mindgame. That's your opinion if it doesnt paint me well. To be fair it's way more killer stretched players than survivor so what do you have to say to that?

    1080 x 1080 isnt cheating. Same way you can say you bet there is a bunch of 1080 players I can say there are a bunch of native players.

    Alright, it "technically" isn´t cheating, but it´s as close as it gets with using unfair advantages that are not bannable.

    I really hope you´re right and there are a bunch of native res players, because that means they have a rudimentary understanding of fairness, something that stretch res players obviously lack.

  • @Slashstreetboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1853871#Comment_1853871

    Alright, it "technically" isn´t cheating, but it´s as close as it gets with using unfair advantages that are not bannable.

    I really hope you´re right and there are a bunch of native res players, because that means they have a rudimentary understanding of fairness, something that stretch res players obviously lack.

    The only advantage is more few of distances which like I said before doesnt matter when you scout the map before hand.

    Also if you dont win a mindgame you are gonna use "oh its stretched res" and an excuse right? If it was an advantage any tretched player would never go down. Because by your logic it makes loops, car loops.

    You have yet to provide me those unmindgameable loops.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1853889#Comment_1853889

    The only advantage is more few of distances which like I said before doesnt matter when you scout the map before hand.

    Also if you dont win a mindgame you are gonna use "oh its stretched res" and an excuse right? If it was an advantage any tretched player would never go down. Because by your logic it makes loops, car loops.

    You have yet to provide me those unmindgameable loops.

    If the pictures that were shown here aren´t proof enough for you, what else could I tell you? Maybe I am just a trash Killer who doesn´t know how to shrink my character model mid chase so the Survivor can´t see my every move, idk, please teach me if you can.

    And yes, all but the safest tiles with solid LOS blockers are "car loops" with stretch res, there´s so much evidence here for that, and if a Survivor gets outplayed by a Killer they can literally clearly see over the wall I wouldn´t know what to tell them, either.

  • @Slashstreetboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1853892#Comment_1853892

    If the pictures that were shown here aren´t proof enough for you, what else could I tell you? Maybe I am just a trash Killer who doesn´t know how to shrink my character model mid chase so the Survivor can´t see my every move, idk, please teach me if you can.

    And yes, all but the safest tiles with solid LOS blockers are "car loops" with stretch res, there´s so much evidence here for that, and if a Survivor gets outplayed by a Killer they can literally clearly see over the wall I wouldn´t know what to tell them, either.

    The one bjorks showed me litterally had no comparison and he just said he wants to play minecraft so I couldnt prove him wrong on native. That isnt good evidence. The true video the tiles it tries to prove its cheating can see the killer on native. The only difference is the extra fog.

    Tell me when you are free and we can trust this is in customs. All stretch does is give more distance that you can see which doesnt help at all in a chase.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1853906#Comment_1853906

    The one bjorks showed me litterally had no comparison and he just said he wants to play minecraft so I couldnt prove him wrong on native. That isnt good evidence. The true video the tiles it tries to prove its cheating can see the killer on native. The only difference is the extra fog.

    Tell me when you are free and we can trust this is in customs. All stretch does is give more distance that you can see which doesnt help at all in a chase.

    I'll hit you up within this week if you have time. I'm very curious as to how you wanna approach this tbh.

  • @Slashstreetboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1853919#Comment_1853919

    I'll hit you up within this week if you have time. I'm very curious as to how you wanna approach this tbh.

    Oh you're down bet. I'm gonna go go multiple tiles and have you stand somewhere. The res I'm testing is 1440 x 1080. I'm going to alternate between native and that and see if I can see more of you.

  • @slowbeice said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1853919#Comment_1853919

    This really isnt up for debate. Stretched res allows survivors to see over walls that they would not be able to see over without modifying files. The devs have stated that this is cheating, but that they cannot do anything about it right now.

    Anyone arguing that stretched res isnt cheating, are either using it themselves, or dont know what they are talking about.

    All you are seeing is more of the distance which is made useless if you scouted the map before hand and know where you are going. If you cant see more of the killers why does it matter.

  • @slowbeice said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1853962#Comment_1853962

    Incorrect, you can literally see over walls during loop chases, which allows the survivor to know if the killer changed directions, when normally they wouldnt have that information.

    This isnt rocket science, and I find it baffling and a little humorous that anyone would try to defend modifying game files "not for an advantage" when both the community and devs have agreed that its cheating. The FoV is locked ingame for a reason. The mental gymnastics involved in telling yourself that its not cheating to modify game files to increase the FoV, is a bit cringe tbh.

    Can you provide me evidence that shows more of the killers body then? All the pictures provided only show more distance never more of the killers body. Dont make bold claims without evidence.

    You don't actually have to modify the games files. Just make a custom res on nvidia settings, select res boom dbd in custom res. The only ones that think it is cheating are the ones who cant mindgame and just dont know enough about stretched. Once again no one has to modify any game files, nor is it mental gymnastics lol. Calling things cringe is cringe in itself. and just a bit weird.

1 2 3